PDA

View Full Version : X-Men Evolution

El Chuxter
05-15-2003, 02:58 PM
I know this show is pretty much old news, but I've recently started watching it on Cartoon Network. As with the new TMNT show, I hated it when it first came out (based on one episode that was heavy on the high-school drama). But the show is pretty darn wild, very true to the spirit of X-Men if not the details. (Most of the characters are in their teens.) And the more I see it, the more the cartoon from a decade ago looks dated and pedestrian.

So far in the few episodes I've seen, I've noticed the following characters:
Professor X
Wolverine
Beast
Storm
Cyclops
Rogue
Jean Grey
Shadowcat
Nightcrawler
Spyke
Iceman
Cannonball
Magma
Jubilee
Boom-Boom (ugh)
Multiple Man
Wolfsbane
Mystique
Toad
Blob
Richter
Quicksilver
Scarlett Witch
Magneto
Sabertooth
Colossus
Gambit
Pyro
Trask
Sentinel (there's only one so far, and it looks like it could take an army of the comic-book versions)
Angel
a British girl with purple hair I suspect may be Psylocke, despite a different first name
Nick Fury (!)
Captain America (!!!)

Airs at 10:30 Mon-Thurs on the Cartoon Network (just after Justice League, which you should be watching anyway). Highly recommended.

Beast
05-15-2003, 03:07 PM
It's actually quite good, I've been trying to catch up on the series since I missed it when it was originally on. A forth season has been financed I believe, so things are going well for the series on the new network.

Let me direct you to the best X-Men: Evolution site on the web. And yes, for the love of god I hate Boom-Boom. So I equal your Ugh. BTW, the British Girl with the purple hair I believe is named Risty Wilde, and is actually Mystique. :)

http://x-men.animationinsider.net/index1.html

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

El Chuxter
05-15-2003, 03:36 PM
Oh, wow! I've got to see the episodes with Forge and Juggernaut; hopefully they'll be re-run soon. :)

Apocalypse in the works! He's a lot like Gambit to me: I don't particularly like the big guy, but the thought of him showing up makes me giddy. (The way Gambit's first appearance in Day of Reckoning Pt 1 is handled, just showing a hand flipping cards at first, was superb.)

Risty Wilde, eh? I can't help but wonder about that. Not doubting you, JJB, but the fact that she's befriending mutants, has purple hair, and speaks with an English accent still makes me think there's some connection to good ol' Betsy "the only good thing Mandarin ever did was turn me into a scantilly-clad warrior woman" Braddock.

It might be interesting to see Bishop, Cable*, Rachel Summers, or one of the other umpteen-gazillion characters from various apocalyptic futures show up in future episodes, too.

* I don't care if Marvel does officially only refer to him as Nathan Summers and he now looks like a Matrix reject, the big dude will always be a gun-toting cyborg called Cable to me. :D

Beast
05-15-2003, 03:52 PM
She was actually befriending Rogue, so that she could gain access to the mansion. She steals a computer disc in the 4th episode of the second season from Cerebro that contains files with all the names of all the X-Men/Mutants that Xavier knows about on it. It also contains the location of Wanda Maximoff ("Scarlet Witch") and Xavier's notes on her. Which leads into the episode Hex Factor. :)

http://x-men.animationinsider.net/risty.html
http://x-men.animationinsider.net/eps/17.html

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

El Chuxter
05-16-2003, 02:39 PM
Last night's ep was even better (though my cable screwed up and I missed a minute or two just after Nick Fury showed up). I can't wait to find out where Professor X is, and I hope he's not putting on a screwy costume and planning to go out as Onslaught for Halloween. (That was without a doubt the stupidest idea for a comic storyline ever.)

Is Berserker based on an actual comic character, or is he an original? For that matter, I should ask the same of Spyke.

Eternal Padawan
05-16-2003, 04:03 PM
I would only watch it occasionally, and I got trapped in that wierd pattern where you see the same episode over and over and over. (That ever happen to you?) It was the one where Scott saves Toad under the bleachers and Nightcrawler shows up. And then I saw the one where the kids work together to climb the mountain.

JediTricks
05-17-2003, 12:36 AM
A 4th season, hope that comes to pass. I really grew to like this show in its initial run, the only thing that bugged me was the generic voice acting for Wolverine.

Oh, and that purple-haired girl was DEFINITELY Mystique.

Beast
05-17-2003, 03:04 AM
I saw the announcement today, now I just need to find it again. They said the forth season is in the can, 9 episodes and a 2 parter season finale :)

I really would like to know why they get a crappy 11-13 episode season, when other cartoons like TMNT get 26. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

2-1B
05-17-2003, 03:26 AM
What the hell is Gambit's mutant ability anyway ? Honestly, I don't know . . . I don't follow the comics but I'm really curious. :)

I know he does the card flicking tricks - please tell me that's unrelated to his mutation because I think it's REAAAAAALLY lame. :p

Beast
05-17-2003, 04:21 AM
Gambit's ability is that he can charge items with Kinetic Energy. Apperantly he also has some sort of Eagle Eye ability, where he can focus in on his targets. He uses the playing cards likely because they are cheap and easy to carry. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

QLD
05-17-2003, 10:47 AM
I have only seen this show a few times, and it was the same one EP saw both times. I am not a fan of the animation style at all, and don't really dig them being "teens". It's kinda like watching Muppet Babies. But I do feel I should give it another chance, but would want to do so from the beginning.

Maybe time to visit Kazaa......

2-1B
05-17-2003, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
Gambit's ability is that he can charge items with Kinetic Energy. Apperantly he also has some sort of Eagle Eye ability, where he can focus in on his targets. He uses the playing cards likely because they are cheap and easy to carry. :)

Thanks, that clears up my confusion. :)

I still think the card aspect is goofy. :D

I'll take Bullseye instead. :crazed:

Lman316
05-19-2003, 12:13 PM
I saw part of that episode with Gambit, and it just left me scratching my head. I thought Gambit was a good guy :confused:.
I mean, granted, I'm only going on the original Fox series, but I'm just so used to him being an actual X man.

How was it in the comics? Did he start out bad and then turn to good?

End...

El Chuxter
05-19-2003, 01:11 PM
The kinetic energy somehow makes things explosive. I never quite got that.

Gambit's a good guy, but his past is rather shady. Aside from working as a thief and cutthroat before meeting Storm, he was somehow involved in the massacre of most of the Morlocks. Since he's sorta on the edge, I think that's why they put him with Magneto.

And still I wonder. . . why involve a British girl with purple hair? We needs some Psylocke! :)

El Chuxter
05-20-2003, 12:24 PM
So, to anyone who saw last night's episode (with the mutants returning to Bayville High):

At what point in Evolution continuity does this take place? Is this near the end of what's out there, or is there still a season worth of episodes left till Cartoon Network gets to the "current" episodes? The reason I ask is not one, but two, count 'em two, of my favorite mutants apparently aren't orphans like in the comic and had their evil off-screen parents withdraw them from school. Rahne and Jubilation must return! They must defeat the stupidity that is Boom-Boom!! (I've always really hated Boom-Boom, if you can't tell. Were I to write an X-book, she would be torn apart by rabid weasels on the fourth page of my first issue.)

I'm also looking forward to finding out the reason Colossus is "having no choice" but to follow Magneto. I hope it has something to do with a little girl named Illyana. :happy:

scruffziller
05-20-2003, 07:03 PM
That girl with the purple hair befriending Rougue is actually Mystique.

AT-AT Man
05-20-2003, 08:28 PM
Hey guys sorry to intrude on a very interesting topic, but jar jar, where did you get that awesome in=mage of Beast, and do you know if there were any of Gambit.

Beast
05-20-2003, 09:03 PM
I ran across it while browsing around for an image to use. I forgot where I snagged it from. I also love the quote I'm currently using for a signature. Guess I just can't help being swallowed by the masses when it comes to things like this. Just like what happened with Hassle'tars. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

QLD
05-20-2003, 09:21 PM
Hmmm....maybe I should find a nice "marvel-tar"

THE Slayer
05-31-2003, 11:59 AM
Does anyone know what the last episode was? I have been watching X:E on the CN and the last one I remember seeing envolved apocolypse and some keys,, I never saw the big bad himself though, did the ever show him?,, cause now the series has started over again. ARGH!!

Beast
05-31-2003, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by THE Slayer
Does anyone know what the last episode was? I have been watching X:E on the CN and the last one I remember seeing envolved apocolypse and some keys,, I never saw the big bad himself though, did the ever show him?,, cause now the series has started over again. ARGH!!
Well, what's being shown on Cartoon Network is repeats of the series anyway. The actual show is on the WB and there is 4 episodes left of the third season to air. They were scheduled to run when X2 opened, but they got delayed. Now they arn't planned to run until Fall. The four episodes are "Cruise Control", "X-23", "Dark Horizon I", and Dark Horizon II". You can read plot details of the four episodes that have aired in forigen markets at the following links. A forth season is already in the can, for later this year. :)

http://x-men.animationinsider.net/mail1.html

http://x-men.animationinsider.net/mail2.html

http://x-men.animationinsider.net/mail3.html

http://x-men.animationinsider.net/mail5.html

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

AT-AT Man
05-31-2003, 08:18 PM
hey everyone, just got the new X-Men Evolution DVD, Mutants Rising. It's 4 episodes, and is a very nice DVD to add to any X-Men fans DVD collection

Beast
05-31-2003, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by AT-AT Man
hey everyone, just got the new X-Men Evolution DVD, Mutants Rising. It's 4 episodes, and is a very nice DVD to add to any X-Men fans DVD collection
It's silly that they released the first 4 episodes of the second season instead of starting with the first season. But in September they will be releasing 4 DVD's seperatly with the first season spread out across it. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

AT-AT Man
06-01-2003, 11:42 AM
yeah i just read that, can't wait til the first season comes out. It suposidly comes out 4 days after my B-Day so i can't wait.

Beast
06-01-2003, 11:50 AM
I'm just a bit peeved at the first DVD they released. When it was originally announced it was supposed to be 5 episodes, the 4 that are on it and the "Beast of Bayville" episode. I've been wanting to see that episode again for sometime, so hopefully I'll catch it when they reshow it on Cartoon Network. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

AT-AT Man
06-01-2003, 08:13 PM
yeah i was kinda ticked as well when the episode after the ones i have, is the one they introduce Beast. Man i jus wish they wouldve included it. Anyword on whether or not they are planning on releasing the rest of season two. I mean before they release season one.

Beast
06-01-2003, 08:17 PM
Nope, no word on anymore season 2 for right now. Season one is getting released in September. I know they wanted to release the disc with Season 2 first, since it has more exciting episodes. The first few episodes of the first season are mostly students coming to join the X-Men. Kurt, Todd, Kitty, etc. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
06-01-2003, 09:21 PM
Havok has also appeared on the show.

AT-AT Man
06-02-2003, 09:00 AM
Ok well i guess i'll be waiting til september then.

El Chuxter
06-02-2003, 12:14 PM
Did anyone noticed who wrote last night's ep (the introduction of Rogue)?

Transformers comic guru Simon Furman!!

That's sooooooo cool. :cool:

El Chuxter
06-18-2003, 04:36 PM
I can tell this is a popular thread, but I'm hoping someone can tell me what happened last night, since I fell asleep during my 463,829th viewing of the stupid bridge episode of Samurai Jack.

It looks like it's almost back to the point where I started watching, which means the "New Mutants" should be showing up soon. (I'm looking forward to that, since several of my favorite muties are in that bunch in Evolution continuity, and I hope I didn't miss it!)

AT-AT Man
06-19-2003, 12:59 AM
which episode was it, the first ine if the second season or the last one of the first season.

El Chuxter
06-19-2003, 12:11 PM
Well, it was the one I missed. I know that for certain. :mad: How do I know? One episode is just the core X-Men. Then I miss one. And then the next episode shows Jubilee, Iceman, Wolfsbane, and Cannonball as if they're already living at Xavier's. D'oh!

AT-AT Man
06-24-2003, 12:32 PM
you didn't miss any, that was the first episode of the second season. all the x kids are joining this season. good episode.

JediTricks
08-03-2003, 07:50 PM
Did anybody else catch the season premiere on KidsWB yesterday morning? Fairly good action, but thin story and lousy ending IMO. Plus, X23's "foot claw" seemed kinda dopey to me. Nice to have this show back on though, not many good action cartoons on broadcast Saturday-mornings anymore, besides TMNT.

Beast
08-03-2003, 08:06 PM
It's actually the 3rd to last episode of the 3rd Season, they've been on hold for ages. And they skipped an episode between 'Lock and Key" (The original 616 team together for the first time :D), and 'X-23'. There was another one called 'Cruise Control' that was to come before X-23, where Amara really finally learns the full extent of her powers The next two episodes are the Apocalypse arc being finally wrapped up. And then Season 4 will begin.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JediTricks
08-03-2003, 09:03 PM
I'm not surprised to learn there was an ep missing, felt a little that way. Anyway, WB played it off as the season premiere, so that's what I'm calling it. :D I thought this was going to only air on Cartoon Network though (also owned by Warner).

Beast
08-03-2003, 09:14 PM
Well, WB handles the new episodes. And CN shows the repeats. Hopefully after a short time, they'll shift the repeats to CN. Because I don't get WB in my area. :p :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

AT-AT Man
08-04-2003, 10:24 AM
this is a relief to have one of my favorite shows back. I admit tat the repeats were good at first, but once they started playing them over again, it got annoying.

I'm a little mad, as Amara is one of my favorite new mutants. I would've loved to see this episode. Well here's to hopping that season three will be out on DVD fairly soon. this is definately my favorie season so far. All of the besta episodes.

El Chuxter
08-04-2003, 10:33 AM
Nice to see it's coming soon! I'd not been watching the WB, but will keep my eyes peeled.

And they need to kill off Amara and Boom-Boom and bring back the only smart-alecky teen mutant with pyrokinetic powers who matters. Like, y'know? :cool:

JediTricks
08-04-2003, 08:56 PM
Nice to see it's coming soon! I'd not been watching the WB, but will keep my eyes peeled.

And they need to kill off Amara and Boom-Boom and bring back the only smart-alecky teen mutant with pyrokinetic powers who matters. Like, y'know? :cool: The only reason I caught it was because I was scanning the online tv listings at Yahoo for Saturday Morning and noticed the "premiere" text next to it. Ever since KidsWB stuck Jackie Chan Adventures into endless-repeat mode and re-canned Cubix, I haven't bothered watching the cartoons there.

They could definitely get rid of Boom-boom. Toad is nowhere near as annoying, and that's saying something.

AT-AT Man
08-04-2003, 09:06 PM
I think Toad is downright hilarious. He has some of the best one liners in the world. Nothing annoying about him.

Well it seems as if WB is showing Evolution starting with season three in the afternoon, at 3:00. check it out. some of the greatest episodes.

Beast
08-04-2003, 09:21 PM
Boom Boom needs to die. I don't care if the character does pre-date Jubilee in the comics. I hate that character with reckless abandon. On the flip side, I love Toad. He's hilarious as hell, and 'The Toad, the Witch, and the Wardrobe' is one of the best episodes of the 3rd Season. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

AT-AT Man
08-04-2003, 10:43 PM
yeah Jar Jar you are so right. that is a great. it is very, very funny.

InsaneJediGirl
08-06-2003, 10:36 AM
Just started to watch this about two weeks ago when I figured out it came on at 10:30 on Cartoon Network.Very nice but I think they could do away with Boom-Boom and bring in something else

El Chuxter
08-06-2003, 10:49 AM
Very nice but I think they could do away with Boom-Boom and bring in something else

Like maybe bring back this far superior character? :D :cool: :Pirate:

InsaneJediGirl
08-06-2003, 12:24 PM
Juiblee would be excellent,how did I know you were going to suggest her Chux;)?

JediTricks
08-25-2003, 10:02 PM
Grrr! Stupid WB played the missing ep "Cruise Control" with maximum Boom-boomage last weekend instead of part 3 of the Apocolypse eps.

AT-AT Man
08-26-2003, 05:49 AM
hey the next apocalypse episode, is part of season 4. so i guess they just wated to finish off the all the unfinished third seasn eps. I didn't really care. It was still a good episode IMO. I loved how Amara learned of how powerful she can be.

I can't wait to see the new Brotherhood episode airing fairly soon. Anyone know which broterhood. Magneto's, or the original brotherhood. I hope it's the original brotherood.

Beast
08-26-2003, 08:45 AM
It would be the original Brotherhood, the group under Magneto (Gambit, Colossus, Pyro, Sabretooth, and Mastermind) are 'The Acolytes'. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

QLD
08-26-2003, 11:37 AM
I just started watching this show about a month ago with myhandy tivo.

However, I am in a weird place, because I amm watching the WB shows, AND the cartoon newtork shows. SO I am missing a lot of coverage in the middle.

However, I like this show a lot. I didn't at first, until I went back and tried to watch some of the 90's X-Men cartoons. Now Evolution seems much better.

And, yes, I have to agree that Boom Boom sucks. Jesus Christ she sucks.

I DO like Rogue, Toad, Cyclops, Wolverine, Storm, Iceman, Colossus, Mystique, Magneto, Kitty, Sabertooth, and Gambit

I don't really care too much for Nightcrawler, Spyke, and Amara. Don't hate them, but...something just seems wrong about them.

El Chuxter
08-26-2003, 12:16 PM
So Cruise Control wasn't new? That's good. I was confused by why the X-Men would suddenly go on vacation after learning about Apocalypse, and leave new ally Warren "Thank heaven for little girls" Worthington at home.

I was really hoping Amara would get flash-fried in the volcano, and then a big rock would fall on Boom Boom. Gad, they suck!

However, a big shocker; make sure you're sitting down: I finally saw an episode last week that featured Jubilee as something more than background character #42 (the ep where Richter joins the X-Men, and the kids keep joyriding the vehicles). She has got to be my least favorite character on the show! This is not the real Jubilation, people, but a mockery of a sham!! The real Jubilee needs to show up and whonk this impostor over the head with a folding chair!! :mad:

Also saw "Rebirth" again last night (the ep with Captain America). That episode alone is enough to make up for a legion of Boom Boom episodes.

InsaneJediGirl
08-26-2003, 12:25 PM
I saw that episode with Jubilee the other day.They could use a few pointers from the '95 cartoon series.Second,a question.How could Wolverine be in WWII and still look about 35ish?His mutant powers?It was on the Cartoon Network episode last night,with Captian America:)

Beast
08-26-2003, 01:40 PM
I saw that episode with Jubilee the other day.They could use a few pointers from the '95 cartoon series.Second,a question.How could Wolverine be in WWII and still look about 35ish?His mutant powers?It was on the Cartoon Network episode last night,with Captian America:)
Yep, it's due to his mutant abilities. According to the comics, Wolverine is just a tad shy of 200 years old. His mutant healing factor basically causes him to age incredibly slowly. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

AT-AT Man
08-26-2003, 04:20 PM
this week, the next new episode will show up, the one after Dark Horizons p. 1 and 2. It is called Impact, and heres a little something about it.

"The aftermath of our dramatic season three finale. It has very powerful, stunning developments for both our good guys and bad guys, setting the stage and tone for what's to come the rest of the season.

Can't wait. Then coming in a few saturdays, a new Wolverine episode, introducing a new foe...Omega Red. Wow, i can't wait to see his Evolution charecter.

Anyone else planning on buying the collectors set of the first season. Getting it for my birthday.

scruffziller
08-27-2003, 08:23 AM
I find the new APOCALYPSE rather weird. I hope he doesn't remain so human looking.

AT-AT Man
08-30-2003, 11:39 PM
anyone catch it this mornig. Whoa, i'm liking this season. I wonder whats going to happen later on.

JediTricks
08-31-2003, 10:35 PM
I think this weekend's was the season finale and next week's is the true season premiere, though Kids WB is claiming them all under the new season. I'm a little concerned that they're gonna try to wrap up this huge mess in only 1 ep, which I fear would be very forced. Still, it was an entertaining ep, some interesting surprises.

Beast
09-01-2003, 09:04 AM
I was wrong on Wolvie's age. I forgot that they finally firmly established his birthdate in Wolverine: Origins. He was born in the 1880's, so would be around 120. Note that the Wolverine: Origins comic is supposed to be the definative origin story for all universes. So it should be for Evo as well. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

AT-AT Man
09-03-2003, 05:54 AM
hey if anyone can try and put a review/ summary of saturdays episode after it airs, I'd be happy. I'm not going to be able to catch it, and would like it greatly if someone could do that for me.

scruffziller
09-06-2003, 12:41 PM
Boy I have to say the last part of today's ep was in-friggin'-credible.

Whoever wrote Kitty locking her powers through that train engine to phase through the other train was just mind blowing!!!!!:happy:

AT-AT Man
09-06-2003, 05:42 PM
hey, you mind writing a summary or review for me. I'm so mad i missed it. It sounded like an awesome episode. I can't wait for the later seasons. I looked at the episode list for this year,and some of the episode names sound awesome. I'm amsuming there is going to be one about Gambit coming up cause it is entitled Cajun Spice. Maybe we'll see a love thing with Gambit and Rouge in this episode.

JediTricks
09-07-2003, 10:21 PM
This ep was weird, not exactly a "fourth part" to the previous 3 multi-parters - it continued the story arc, but not in the immediate way I was expecting.

Anyway, the brotherhood are on a subway train when Wanda gets mad about her father's demise and causes the train to wreck. The brotherhood decide to save themselves and mostly uninentionally save everybody else on the train. This puts them in the public eye as heroes, and the 1 person that was actually saved on purpose turns out to be rich and rewards them by fixing up their house and giving them 10 grand. So they decide to take up the superhero business expecting more rewards and media spotlights, but they don't want to wait for something to happen so they set off crimes themselves. Eventually, they set up the X-men in the public eye as jealous of them and then as criminals who appeared to attack them (thanks to Wanda's manipulations) during the brotherhood doing an opening ceremony at the new zoo. The brotherhood finally set up 1 last disaster to go out with a bang, with a train flying out of control down the tracks, but it goes wrong and the police release the X-men to go save the day since another train is coming the opposite direction down the same track and it's full of gasoline. They do their best, but it doesn't fully work and blows up conveniently between 2 apartment buildings. Jean tries to contain the blast but starts to lose her hold on the explosion, then right before she loses control, Lance/Avalanche (who was the one that saved the woman in the beginning because he's soft on evil ;)) saves the day by sucking the explosion into an earth crust ball. The brotherhood are exposed as frauds and everything's taken away.

AT-AT Man
09-08-2003, 04:30 PM
hey thanks a lot man. sounds like i missed a good episode. oh well, i guess i'll have to wait til CN starts showing the newer episodes or wait til DVD, which will be a while.

scruffziller
09-13-2003, 11:50 AM
This was a pretty cool ep. Got to see some old charachters I haven't heard of in a while. What was the deal with the Star Wars refs?:D
The Hydra soldiers face masks looking like Vader's mouth and that ship that resembled a Probe Droid.

AT-AT Man
09-13-2003, 12:09 PM
yeah i was thinking about that when i was watching it. I to think it was a pretty good episode. Next weeks episode, Sins of the Son sounds pretty good.

JediTricks
09-14-2003, 07:10 PM
I also thought the Hydra ship looked way too much like an Imperial Probe Droid. :D Cool ep, but a little ill-fitting for my tastes, characters seemed to have odd motivations mostly (and that whole school B-plot was a bit much).

AT-AT Man
09-14-2003, 07:17 PM
hey, is anyone else as stoked for the release of the DVD as I am. some sites say the packed set of season one will be released tuesday, and others say they will be released in a week. I don't know which one to believe. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

AT-AT Man
09-24-2003, 04:19 PM
did anyone find this yet. I'v checked everywhere and no one has them. It makes me mad. I really want these DVD's.

Beast
09-24-2003, 04:26 PM
did anyone find this yet. I'v checked everywhere and no one has them. It makes me mad. I really want these DVD's.
I found them at Best Buy, so try there. $9.99 each. They only had two of each though, and when I got mine the employee grabbed the other set. Picture quality is fabu, and the extras are ok. I'm just hoping they sell well so that WB will get off their arses and get the rest of Season 2 out on DVD soon. I want my Beast episodes, gosh darnit! :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

AT-AT Man
09-24-2003, 08:18 PM
hey what kind of extras are there

Beast
09-24-2003, 08:39 PM
hey what kind of extras are there
Discussions about the episodes, interviews with some of the cast, and a trailer for the series. Nothing huge, but there is some nice info. Like they designed Spyke wanting to create a completely unique mutant. And only after the show came out, did they get comments from people about Marrow. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

AT-AT Man
09-24-2003, 08:45 PM
thanks a lot, i really want to see that cast interview. Sounds pretty cool, can't wait to find these babies.

AT-AT Man
09-28-2003, 05:47 PM
found the first and last volumes. The first one i found all by itself at Circuit City. The first volume I found today at Best Buy along with the last volume again. It makes me mad, that I only found thos two, but hey at least i found some. The other two i hope to buy on line or I'll check Circuit City again.

James Boba Fettfield
09-28-2003, 07:26 PM
Hey AT AT Man, you can buy the missing volumes at www.deepdiscountdvd.com if you're unable to find the rest of them in stores. They only charge $9.88 and there's free shipping.

AT-AT Man
09-28-2003, 09:03 PM
Thanks a lot JBF, that really helps me a lot.

scruffziller
09-29-2003, 05:31 AM
Darn it.:frus:

When it came on, the channel that carries it had some technichal difficulty so it recorded a half-hour of a pic of Des Moines with their station logo.:cry:

AT-AT Man
09-29-2003, 05:46 AM
it was a good episode, but this weeks is going to be the best, or at least i hope so. It's entitled Cajun Spice and it focuses on Gambit and Rouge and there relationship tigether. Going to be a great episode in my opinion.

El Chuxter
09-29-2003, 09:55 AM
It was really nice seeing Leech pop up in the Evolution continuity. Something about that little guy is just really cool. :D

JediTricks
09-29-2003, 09:13 PM
Having Spike back wasn't so great for me, but the overall ep was good. I really think it's time to retire that turkey, the less of him we see on this show, the better it seems to get.

AT-AT Man
09-30-2003, 05:52 AM
well it doesn't look like he'll be back on the team though, cause he went off with the morlocks to protect them. I wouldn't mind if he were to return, i actually like his charecter.

JediTricks
10-01-2003, 06:34 PM
I dunno, he's still in the opening titles.

Beast
10-01-2003, 06:46 PM
I dunno, he's still in the opening titles.
Well, it took them nearly a year before they finally added Beast to the opening credits. Maybe it's taking them just as long before they remove Spike from the opening credits. ;) :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

AT-AT Man
10-01-2003, 07:14 PM
hey just read that X-Men Evolution will be put on hiatus Nov. 1 while a new show premeres, and it will come back with a season 5 a little after.

Well at least there's going to be a season 5. That makes me happy.

Beast
10-01-2003, 07:20 PM
It's a shame how short the seasons are though for the show. TMNT gets 26 episode per season. And Season 4 of X-Men: Evolution only got 9 measly episodes. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

AT-AT Man
10-01-2003, 08:11 PM
Yeah I know, I feel your pain.

Hey, i know it's a litle off topic, but how in the world do i change my name. I checked my profile all over, but couldn't find out. I wanted to change my name to something more sutable.

InsaneJediGirl
10-04-2003, 01:05 PM
No idea AT-AT Man

Watched X-Men today,it was pretty good but because I missed the last 3 or so episodes it was slightly confusing.Glad to see Gambit make a return:)

JediTricks
10-05-2003, 05:38 PM
The more we see Gambit on this show, the less I can tolerate the voice acting they have for him. Very little accent that comes and goes and he sounds an awful lot like Cyclops. Show itself was a pretty good ep, but it was hard to get past the quicky ending.

InsaneJediGirl
10-11-2003, 08:07 PM
Today's show was rather..odd.How did MoonStar know to contact Kitty?Could have been a large broadcast,but Xaiver would have picked it up first I believe.

Next weeks "Special Episode" looks great.

AT-AT Man
10-11-2003, 08:20 PM
Man the preview for next weekends and reading about it online make me giggle like a little school girl. I can't wait to see these episodes. The problem is that these will be the last episodes for a while.

scruffziller
10-12-2003, 10:37 AM
Man the preview for next weekends and reading about it online make me giggle like a little school girl. I can't wait to see these episodes. The problem is that these will be the last episodes for a while.
YEA!!!

I'm glad I caught a glimpse of good ol' Apocalypse in his full hideous splendor,:crazed:
The way it was suppose to be.:happy:

kool-aid killer
10-13-2003, 10:15 AM
I seen an episode of this last night on Cartoon Network and i couldnt believe how cool it was. I had seen bits and pieces of it before but never sat down long enough to get into it and now i wish i had. What season is it in? Maybe one day it will get thrown on a DVD.

Beast
10-13-2003, 01:56 PM
Well, the show is currently nearing the end of the fourth season. But Cartoon Network only has the current rights to show season 1, 2, and most of 3. The rest of 3 and 4 is only on WB at the moment. The first season is on DVD, as is the first 4 episodes of Season 2.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JediTricks
10-13-2003, 06:34 PM
Well, the show is currently nearing the end of the fourth season. But Cartoon Network only has the current rights to show season 1, 2, and most of 3. The rest of 3 and 4 is only on WB at the moment. The first season is on DVD, as is the first 4 episodes of Season 2.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
How could that be? Warner Brothers owns both Kids WB and Cartoon Network.

Beast
10-13-2003, 07:22 PM
How could that be? Warner Brothers owns both Kids WB and Cartoon Network.
Probably just because they don't want to start showing the 'new new' ones over on CN yet. Hopefully that changes soon, as I don't have WB on my channel line-up. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

scruffziller
10-18-2003, 12:51 PM
MAN THE NEW APOCALYPSE IS AWESOME!!!!!:crazed:
"I have made no plans, I am simply an instrument of destiny."
GENIUS WRITING!!!!!!!!

SPOILERS

They sure botched up his Horsemen though!!!:frus: Angel is isn't even part of them. But he did arrive on the scene, maybe things will change.

Beast
10-18-2003, 01:06 PM
There have been several versions of the Horseman, Scruffy. The series also exists in an entirely seperate universe then the mainstream 616 marvel universe. So you can't expect the same thing to happen in it, that happened there. :)

Horseman - Death:
Angel - (Death I)
Caliban - (Death II)
Wolverine - (Death III)
Eric the Red - (Death IV) - Note: Alternate Future

Horseman - Famine:
Autumn Rolfson - (Famine I)
Rory Campbell and/or Ahab - (Famine II)

Horseman - War:
Abraham Lincoln Kieros - (War I)
The Hulk - (War II)
Deathbird - (War III)

Horseman - Pestilence:
Plague - (Pestilence I)
Caliban - (Pestilence II)

http://24.188.68.181:8000/fourhorsemen.html

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

AT-AT Man
10-18-2003, 01:49 PM
ok so i missed this episode. I tried taping it because i was going out, but came back to see that it didn't tape. I almost started to weap(I really didn't, but i was that mad/sad). If someone would be kind enough to post a review with spoilers in it, i would be the happiest person on the planet.

Another sad thing i learned is i will also miss next weekends, because i will be out of town.

Beast
10-18-2003, 02:04 PM
If someone would be kind enough to post a review with spoilers in it, i would be the happiest person on the planet.
I didn't see the episode myself since I don't get WB, but here's the review with spoilers. :)

Wolverine, X, and Jean found Mesmero. Jean did a scan, but X wasnt happy so he deep scanned him. Finding out the whole deal X came up with a plan to try to reason with Pocy. So X and Storm went to the Sphinx to do so. But all didnt go well and X and Storm were evaporated like Magneto.

Meanwhile back at the mansion everyone was watching. Soon after it happened Fury showed up. He told them a plan which involved the return of the Sentinal. They had been modified so that they could destroy the bubbles over the temples. Well after a distraction Pocy felt the other attacks and sent his Horseman. Who turned out to be Magneto, Mystique, X and Strom.

Well each of their powers were amped. X could do TK and form like a psylocke style psycic sickle. And Mystique was able to become 3 Scorpians. They destroyed the Sentinels fairly easily, though it appears Pocy isn't all powerful. He was having trouble fighting three of them at once. So there is hope.

Logan sent Kitty to get help from the brotherhood but they turned her down except for Wanda. While the others went to different places. As the show came to the end. We discovered that the team was split up into 4 groups (and all using SHIELD Jet copters). Logan, Cyke and Kurt went to Pocy/Mystique in the Sphinx. Jean and her group went to X's temple. Beast and his team went to Storm's temple. Kitty's team went to Magneto's. And thats where it ended.

Evo Horsemen
Magneto - War
Mystique - Pestilence
Storm - Famine
Professor X - Death

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

scruffziller
10-18-2003, 02:09 PM
There have been several versions of the Horseman, Scruffy. The series also exists in an entirely seperate universe then the mainstream 616 marvel universe. So you can't expect the same thing to happen in it, that happened there. :)

Horseman - Death:
Angel - (Death I)
Caliban - (Death II)
Wolverine - (Death III)
Eric the Red - (Death IV) - Note: Alternate Future

Horseman - Famine:
Autumn Rolfson - (Famine I)
Rory Campbell and/or Ahab - (Famine II)

Horseman - War:
Abraham Lincoln Kieros - (War I)
The Hulk - (War II)
Deathbird - (War III)

Horseman - Pestilence:
Plague - (Pestilence I)
Caliban - (Pestilence II)

http://24.188.68.181:8000/fourhorsemen.html

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
And now, Professor Xavier, Storm, Magneto, and Mystique. Not sure who is who.

AT-AT Man
10-18-2003, 04:49 PM
ok, sounds like i missed a really great episode. Now I'm mad.

InsaneJediGirl
10-18-2003, 08:32 PM
Great episode!Too bad it hand to end quickly,I was stocked up to watch an entire hour."To Be Continued" should be outlawed :p

Apocalypse was very awesome,his lines were great too.:D

JediTricks
10-25-2003, 08:16 PM
Good ep, though a little too quick of an ending and there was maximum deus ex machina for the final solution. The final sequence felt more like a goodbye than a vision of things to come - I suppose it was really, but it sure felt like something they SHOULD have put into the show earlier on to keep the promise of what's coming as an enticement to keep the ratings high.

InsaneJediGirl
10-25-2003, 08:51 PM
So..That was the last episode..ever?If so : IJG MAD!:frus:

It was a great episode though,I agree the ending was far too quick.I would have liked to have seen the mutants duel it out a bit more.

AT-AT Man
10-26-2003, 03:37 PM
well like last week i missed this weeks, because the house i was staying in didn't have any cable. So i would be kinda happy if someone would LMK.

scruffziller
10-26-2003, 05:14 PM
Good ep, though a little too quick of an ending and there was maximum deus ex machina for the final solution. The final sequence felt more like a goodbye than a vision of things to come - I suppose it was really, but it sure felt like something they SHOULD have put into the show earlier on to keep the promise of what's coming as an enticement to keep the ratings high.It might just be a goodbye to Evolution..............???????:(

Sentinel (there's only one so far, and it looks like it could take an army of the comic-book versions)

It was cool to see NIMROD there at the end too!!!!

JediTricks
10-26-2003, 07:33 PM
I don't think this is the last ep anymore, I believe another season is in the works but they didn't know that when they made this ep. I could be wrong though.

Beast
10-26-2003, 07:57 PM
I thought it was weird how the future images that Xavier sees, shows the costume designs for the characters to look basically like the Ultimate Universe. Especially in the case of the main X-Men who are in both series. Beast has even ditched his speedo for a bodysuit with short sleeves. Which other then missing the harness, looks almost exactly like his Ultimate costume. :)

http://screensnaps.lizlyn.com/ascention2/

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

AT-AT Man
10-27-2003, 06:01 AM
Wow, thoe pictures were great. Seems like i missed an awesome episode. Now that makes me mad. What was this vision that Xavier had. Are Collosus or Gambit now on the X-Men.

Beast
10-27-2003, 11:25 AM
From what I understand, basically Xavier saw the future thanks to being linked with Apocalypse or something like that. And there were various flashes of things like Dark Phoenix, Nimrod, etc. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

El Chuxter
10-27-2003, 12:16 PM
Can someone post a good, complete synopsis? I was in Vegas at a hotel that didn't have the WB this weekend. :cry:

Beast
10-31-2003, 02:25 AM
Looks like X-Men Evolution is getting another DVD release. Though it's not the rest of Season 2, atleast not yet. But X-Men Evolution: Powers Revealed is being released on 2/10/2004. It will follow the same pattern as the 1st Season 2 DVD. Containing 4 episodes with a few extras. Here's the info from Animated Bliss. Hope the rest of Season 2 comes out soon after. Just glad to finally see this released, as it has my favorite episode on it. "The Beast of Bayville." :D

X-Men Evolution: Powers Revealed
Street Date: 2/10/04
MSRP: $14.98
Format: DVD
Run Time: 85
Closed Captioning: Yes
Original Aspect Ratio - 1.33 - Standard [4:3 Transfer]
Subtitles: English, Francais, Espanol
Sound Quality: Dolby Surround Stereo - English, Dolby Surround Stereo - French, Stereo - Spanish

This great collection includes the following 4 X-Men Evolution episodes:

1) The Beast of Bayville: In an attempt to quell his growing animal instincts, Bayville High Teacher Hank McCoy tests a serum on himself, and unleashes the beast within.

2) Adrift: During Scott's visit to Hawaii, he attempts to rescue his brother, Alex, who has been pulled out to sea on his surfboard during a terrible storm.

3) On Angel's Wings: A new mutant appears in New York during the Christmas holiday Angel (Warren K. Worthington III), who wants to be the guardian angel of the city, and publicly help people. But his actions are bringing unwanted attention.

4) African Storm: Just as Evan's slacker attitude prompts the decision to send him back to his parents, Storm's state of mind is questioned when she hallucinates that ghostly shadows are haunting her. Or perhaps she's not hallucinating....
MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

AT-AT Man
10-31-2003, 05:48 AM
hell yeah thats sweet. I can't wait for this baby and the rest of season two. At least their giving us something new. I'm kind getting tired just watching season one and the first four episodes of season two. Bring on the X-Men.

Beast
01-31-2004, 12:36 AM
Well, bad news from the realm of the X-Men. X-Men: Evolution, despite being a ratings sucess is not being picked up for another season. Animation Insider had the news, and also states that the proposed fifth season would have dealt with the Phoenix Saga. It's a real shame, but maybe we'll see an Ultimate X-Men series at some point. :)

'X-MEN: EVOLUTION' CANCELLED'

A source has informed Animation Insider that fan-favorite series, X-Men: Evolution has been cancelled. The source then goes on to say that he is unclear whether or not it was a decision by Kids' WB!, the network that has broadcast the hit-series for four seasons, or Marvel Entertainment, the company that produces it.

The series featured teenage versions of the popular X-Men comic-book characters, originally co-created by comic legend, Stan Lee. The series initally focused on the exploits of the characters in high school and the balancing act that came with being both students and mutants. Eventually, the series began to "evolve" and took a more darker and more adult tone in the later seasons. The fifth season, according to our source, would have focused on the Phoenix Saga.

X-Men: Evolution was a ratings hit for Kids' WB! in its four years on the air and gained some critical praise from people of all ages.

Animation Insider would like to wish the crew of the series the best of luck in whatever the future may bring them and thank them for four memorable seasons on the show.
http://www.animationinsider.net/article.php?forum_id=7&topic_id=7942

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

AT-AT Man
01-31-2004, 10:20 AM
i read this this morning and almost started weeping. This had to have been one of my favorite shows on TV, but now it is no more. I guess we'll have to wait for the DVD's.