PDA

View Full Version : Trouble finding Saga Action Fleet.

Grif
05-15-2003, 07:50 PM
I am having a little trouble finding the new AF. My local Wal Mart, KB Toys, K Mart, and Toys R Us have not had a good selection of the new ones. So far I only have the first wave and the Solar Sailer. I am just waiting around for them to get some more but it seems cloudy. The next time I go on vacation I will look for more. Anyone else having this problem?

AndyW
05-16-2003, 06:26 AM
You and everyone else my friend, I can't speak for the US, but the uk has only just seemed to get the Snowspeeder wave. To be honest, I'd just buy off the net personally.

good shot jansen
05-16-2003, 09:25 AM
the best place to find action fleet and micro machines on line is at D & S Toys (http://www.dnstoys.com/)

their prices are always reasonable, and shipping is pretty much the actual cost.

give dave roberts a gander, he's always been the best on-line purveyor of current and classic galoob/hasbro items

AndyW
05-16-2003, 11:10 AM
I second that with a big thumbs up, the best advice anyone on this forum has given me was to check them out.

SWAFMAN
05-16-2003, 09:09 PM
Grif, heed the words above.

I've managed to find most of the ep2 stuff locally, with a couple exceptions, but in order to do so I've had to make endless rounds at all the local stores - almost daily - once the reports show up on this forum that a new wave is starting to hit the shelves.

If you factor in the gas $ and the cost of lost time spent making dozens of unsuccessful trips just to finally get lucky on one stop, the value of dealing with Dave @ D&S becomes impossible to beat.

Finally, I'm sure you've seen plenty of SWAF boxes on WallyWorld & TRU shelves that look like they were stocked by the gorilla in the American Tourister commercials. In my experience, D&S has always shipped case-fresh, immaculate boxes, if you're one to care about display box condition.

SWAFMAN
05-17-2003, 11:05 PM
BTW - Grif - I saw a couple snow AT-ATs and Saga snowspeeders at a local store today. If you want them and can let me know before 2PM Eastern time Sunday afternoon, I can snag them for you if they're still there. PM or e-mail me if you're interested. They should be $9.99 each, plus 6% tax.

neonblade
05-20-2003, 05:46 PM
I am also beginning to wonder about where i can find the newest wave

I feel like af has gotten the leaste respect of all of the star wars itmes. I went to my local toysrus and found a bunch of solar sailers--GREAT lol not really i already have one and not to mention the lack of new figures- any one for ten royal guards? lol

WEll im thinking i should buy from the web

Peace

SWAFMAN
05-24-2003, 05:41 PM
Those Saga VaderTIES, Snowy-AT-ATs and Snowspeeders are still on the shelf at my local WM, in case anyone needs one.......

SWAFMAN
05-28-2003, 06:16 PM
also seeing...

Solar Sailers, Saga MilFals & X-Wings on the shelves. If anyone needs, I'll be able to hit the stores again on Friday or the weekend, if they're still there. They're about $9.99 + 6% tax.

A couple years ago, I'd be buying them all just to give them a good home! Dang, I sure miss the Pre-9/11 economy!!!!

SWAFMAN
06-04-2003, 07:57 PM
Still not seeing any of the promised AF on the retail shelves.

Has anyone seen any, or received a firm commitment of a ship date from D&S?

AndyW
06-05-2003, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by SWAFMAN
Still not seeing any of the promised AF on the retail shelves.

Has anyone seen any, or received a firm commitment of a ship date from D&S?

I emailed dns yesterday to ask when we can pre-order the Mon Cal wave, he thought July as a date for arrival for this wave. I believe he has stocks of most previous waves.

In the uk theres NO sign of the Gunship Wave at all. So glad I bought off dns instead of waiting, I suggest you do the same! :)