PDA

View Full Version : Did Anyone See The Stuff At KBToys.com?

Lman316
05-16-2003, 10:51 AM
I was a little late in checking the stuff out, but it seems KB had a massive sale. They marked the Gunships down to $10 (sold out now), some figures down to $1.27, Jedi Starfighters with Obi-Wan down to $4.97 and their exclusive 12" Clones are now only $13-something.

I really would have liked to get another Gunship or two - I wish I had known about this sooner. I'm betting that if they were $10, there was probably a limit of one, but that wouldn't have been so bad.
Now I just have to decide if I want a few extra Jedi Starfighters...

Anyway, just letting you guys know.

End...

Dr Zoltar
05-16-2003, 11:05 AM
I sure did. I picked me up a little interactive astromech droid for under $50.

icatch9
05-16-2003, 11:51 AM
I was going to order, but I thought the shipping was a bit much. Plus, I don't have any place for a Gunship, so it'd of been a waste of money. Sooner or later they'll have them again, or the ones at the store will be brought down to that price.

They also had the Master Replicas F/X Anakin Saber for $80, that's a real good deal. I picked one of those bad boys up! Can't wait to see it :D!

DarthChuckMc
05-16-2003, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by icatch9
[B
They also had the Master Replicas F/X Anakin Saber for $80, that's a real good deal. I picked one of those bad boys up! Can't wait to see it :D! [/B]

icatch9.....I have one already...it is pretty sweet. If you look in the "Replicas" thread, I have pictures of my kids showing it off.

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18394

Adam
05-18-2003, 12:00 AM
I saw the sale, and was going to finally pick up a gunship, but it was sold out..:(

jjreason
05-18-2003, 12:02 AM
This looked like the deal of the century to me as well, many more things than just SW up for clearance, and a great deal on preordering the new miniature LOTR display pieces. Too bad they won't ship to Canada, they blew their chance at a couple hundred bucks with me the other day.

Lman316
05-19-2003, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by jjreason
This looked like the deal of the century to me as well, many more things than just SW up for clearance, and a great deal on preordering the new miniature LOTR display pieces. Too bad they won't ship to Canada, they blew their chance at a couple hundred bucks with me the other day.

You could always just get someone from the States to order it for you and then ship it to you. Might be a bit more for shipping (covering KB to send it to the person and then that person to send it to you). But if you really want the stuff...

I checked back today (Monday) and I noticed they added a few more SW characters. They've got Dooku, Bespin Chewie and Anakin (Hangar Duel) now. All a buck-twenty seven. Not too shabby. I might get a few more Chewies and some Starfighters now.

End...

Piett
05-19-2003, 11:49 AM
The Gunship is back in stock for $9.97 and the Obi Jedi Starfighter is as well for $4.97. Shipping is a bit much though, they add a surcharge for large items on top of shipping rates.

Lman316
05-19-2003, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by Piett
The Gunship is back in stock for $9.99 and the Obi Jedi Starfighter is as well for $4.97. Shipping is a bit much though, they add a surcharge for large items on top of shipping rates.

If you're talking just about the Gunship (as a large item, I mean) I don't think so. Because I ordered one before, back when they were $19.97 each, and they didn't tack on a surcharge.
I know they're doing it for the Shuttle, but that's a bit bigger than the Gunship. At least, I think it is, as I've never actually seen one. :rolleyes:

End...

Piett
05-19-2003, 12:02 PM
I was going to order one gunship and they wanted $8 and change for shipping. Their info on shipping says $.80 per pound (item is 5.5) plus a one time surcharge of $3.99. I ended up ordering two instead and had to pay $12.22 shipping which I can live with, it's a cool item.

Lman316
05-19-2003, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by Piett
I was going to order one gunship and they wanted $8 and change for shipping. Their info on shipping says $.80 per pound (item is 5.5) plus a one time surcharge of $3.99. I ended up ordering two instead and had to pay $12.22 shipping which I can live with, it's a cool item.

That $3.99 is just what they always charge. A lot of sites do that, and that's how I had to do it when I made my purchase.
When you said they were adding a surcharge, I assumed it was something completely extra.

End...

Dar Basra
05-19-2003, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by Adam
I saw the sale, and was going to finally pick up a gunship, but it was sold out..:(
They are showing up as "in stock" again, as of 3:00 pm ET today, May 19, as are the Jedi Starfighters. (I picked up some more myself - can't beat the price, though the shipping does seem a little high in proportion to the product cost). Just think, for the original cost of buying an Obi-Wan Pilot figure, you get the ship for free!

jpak001
05-19-2003, 02:44 PM
Yeah, I ordered a gunship last night. Came to $19.18 w/shipping. Funny that the shipping is like $1.50 less than the product, but I not complaining. $19.18 is a GREAT deal for the gunship! :) I notice at the actual KB stores, gunships are $29.99 right now, so saving $10 is not bad at all!

Now to find some extra clone pilots & troopers to put in it.....

Piett
05-19-2003, 03:04 PM
Sorry if I confused you Lman, I have a tendencey to do that sometimes.

"Now to find some extra clone pilots & troopers to put in it....."

Here's hoping they continue the four pack recalls and throw those guys in 'em.

Val Da Car
05-19-2003, 04:43 PM
Here is another $5.00 KB Code......

KBSUBSCRIBE

Take $5 off the top!!!

Mandalorian Candidat
05-19-2003, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by Val Da Car
Here is another $5.00 KB Code......

KBSUBSCRIBE

Take $5 off the top!!!

That coupon is only good if your order is $40 or more.

They have some great deals on figures and the OB1 starfighter, but the shipping charges are horrendous. All I want is the starfighter but the shipping makes it more expensive online than at the store.

seth_quinn
05-19-2003, 08:29 PM
since KB doesn't ship to Canada, if any of you ordered extra gunships just for the sake of ordering them - I'd be interested in one, please pm me.

Val Da Car
05-19-2003, 10:03 PM
They are currently sold out on the gunships....I will order some next time and use my discount..the next time I spend $40 there.

mm74md
05-23-2003, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by Val Da Car
They are currently sold out on the gunships....I will order some next time and use my discount..the next time I spend $40 there.

Gunships are back in stock at $9.97

http://www.kbtoys.com/genProduct.html?PID=1747439

Val Da Car
05-23-2003, 11:04 AM
and just like that....

BAM!!!

out of stock....

maybe there will be a next time....

Thanks for the link though...

Val Da Car
05-28-2003, 07:15 AM
Sale's over.....back to full price on old crappy merchandise