PDA

View Full Version : Armor Help...PLeaseeeee

CloneTrooperMace
05-16-2003, 12:23 PM
Hello to all SSG Members

Were can a guy find Full Armor of a CloneTrooper Or a StormTrooper with a CloneTrooper Hemlet?I looking for one for Celebration 3.

Thanks
Joey Johnson

jedihunter25
05-17-2003, 12:10 AM
Try Ebay or www.costumejunkie.com

stillakid
05-17-2003, 12:12 AM
www.501st.com

www.bikerscout.net

CloneTrooperMace
05-17-2003, 04:01 PM
I tryed ebay no luck,some luck at www.costumejunkie.com, The 501 is down,And i need to look at Bikerscout.com

thanks all

CloneTrooperMace
05-18-2003, 07:06 PM
Still need some help

Exhaust Port
05-18-2003, 07:25 PM
check the 501st website again. The main page is down but you can still find the links and contact information for the individual Garrisions. I would contact the Garrison in your area looking for the answers.

stillakid
05-18-2003, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by Exhaust Port
check the 501st website again. The main page is down but you can still find the links and contact information for the individual Garrisions. I would contact the Garrison in your area looking for the answers.

Yeah, what he said. I don't know where you live, but undoubtedly there is someone nearby who can help you in person. If not, most of the armor creators will ship the goods to you. And its bikerscout.net, not dot com. And keep in mind that not all armor is created equal. Different guys have different levels of detail sculpted in and some have better "pulls" (the plastic) than others. Cheaper is not necessarily the way to go.

CloneTrooperMace
05-19-2003, 02:53 PM
In live in Marion County,Florida

CloneTrooperMace
05-30-2003, 08:05 PM
Thanks all I'm going to be a jedi,Cost to much to be clonetrooper

stillakid
05-30-2003, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by CloneTrooperMace
Thanks all I'm going to be a jedi,Cost to much to be clonetrooper

Yeah, but you have to show your face! :eek: What if someone recognizes you? It's hard to get dates from hot chicks if they see you in a Jedi outfit. ;)

CloneTrooperMace
05-31-2003, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by stillakid
Yeah, but you have to show your face! :eek: What if someone recognizes you? It's hard to get dates from hot chicks if they see you in a Jedi outfit. ;)

Who do I know,I'm only 14 and my mom will kill me if I bring home a chick. Today I seen a sign on the side of the road it said
" CHICKS FOR SALE Call 1-352-555-5555 " and my sis IJG said " There is hope to find you a chick"

Exhaust Port
05-31-2003, 12:30 PM
Nah, I called. They're already out. :)

CloneTrooperMace
05-31-2003, 01:23 PM
HAHAHA.......I don' know how but a gave you the wrong number.I did call them and there Chicks are $10 each.

Exhaust Port
05-31-2003, 01:29 PM
Alright! Time to start that harem.

CloneTrooperMace
06-01-2003, 07:00 AM
:D :D :cool: :cool: ;) ;) :happy: :happy: :) :)

seth_quinn
06-02-2003, 01:28 AM
maybe you could collect your costume piece by piece as b'day/christmas/what every you celebrate presents if your parents are supportive of your hobby. here's a link that may be helpful if you ever decide to persue a trooper costume again:
http://www.starwarstoycollector.com/StormtrooperArmorMain.html

CloneTrooperMace
06-02-2003, 12:26 PM
SQ- Thanks for the link,It's a great site.Also thanks for the advice.
I do get payed $10 a month for cleaning,I also plan on getting a job at publix.You only have to 14 or older to get a job there.

-Joey-

stillakid
06-02-2003, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by CloneTrooperMace
SQ- Thanks for the link,It's a great site.Also thanks for the advice.
I do get payed $10 a month for cleaning,I also plan on getting a job at publix.You only have to 14 or older to get a job there.

-Joey-

Sorry, I guess I forgot to mention that it can get pretty pricey. I'm not even sure how much I've spent on my Bikerscout costume, but it is in excess of $1000.

My next goal is to put together a Rocketeer but that's going to be more difficult to obtain the pieces as well as being expensive.

Tonysmo
06-03-2003, 12:52 AM
where would be a good place to try to build up your armor piece by piece? I've thought of that as well, but it seems as everthing is a kit.. I could certainly put something together over time.. Any suggestions? The link above just hit a site that had pics.. he wasnt selling anything..

seth_quinn
06-03-2003, 01:27 AM
oh sorry about that, I didn't surf around before posting that link, I just grabbed it out of my bookmarks. he used to sell stuff and run ebay auctions (always with a bin) I was just there reading through some of the site and saw a note saying he's currently away for a month or something. here's the link to his auctions page:
http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=TheForce@pacbell.net&completed=0&sort=3&since=-1&include=0&page=1&rows=25
none currently but check back from time to time, I'm sure he'll have more before long.

for those of us that don't have one yet (I'm a dreamer too) the two strategies seem to be buy a piece at a time or force yourself to save a little each week and don't touch it until you've put away enough.

when I really get good and serious about getting one for myself, I'm going with stillakid's advice and contacting 501st.com. I looked through most of their site and it doesn't look like there's a better authority.

Tonysmo
06-03-2003, 01:55 AM
well.. I put together a semi decent X wing costume and wore it to CII. I think mine rated well next to the others I saw, so I dont have any issues sporting it again this halloween.. Sooner or later though, I'm gonna crack and drop the cash for the armor.. Im still undecided as to whom I may go through.. Ebay seems to have all the kits now.. Im not sure I want a kit, or if I want one thats already put together. more cash for the latter Im sure..

and now I must run away cause Im being distracted by that animated Icon you have going on there Seth... quite the gyration...