PDA

View Full Version : Star Tours Wave 3 and Star Speeder 3000 debut !!!!

krisvds
05-16-2003, 01:52 PM
StarTours.BeJedi.com (http://startours.bejedi.com) reports:

Like reported here first at this site, our speculations came true, Star Tours wave 3 and the Starspeeder 3000 came out at the Star Wars Weekends. Our SW Weekends-reporter, Darth Shader is letting us know that Star Tours Wave 3 and the Starspeeder 3000 are finally out at Tatooine Traders in Disney-MGM in Orlando, Florida. Only G2-9T and R5-D4 are out. The third, SK-Z38, will apparently be available in a later shipment. The 2 droids are carded in blue Saga packaging. :/

Contrary to what was initially rumored, the Starspeeder 3000 is in Action Fleet scale and not 3 3/4 inch. The replica of the vehicle featured in the attraction retails for $20

Too bad they lost the GREAT POTJ packaging... tough, they are out..finaly ! ;) MORE (http://startours.bejedi.com)

DarthChuckMc
05-16-2003, 02:17 PM
RATS!!!!!!!!!!!!! I live 20 minutes away, but I'm BROKE until next Friday.....ARGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

krisvds
05-16-2003, 02:20 PM
The SW Weekends are every week :)

May 16,17 & 18 - Anthony Daniels (C-3PO) and Billy Dee Williams (Lando Calrissian)
May 23, 24 & 25- Andy Secombe (Watto) and Warwick Davis (Wicket)
May 30, 31 & June 1 - Silas Carson (Ki-Adi-Mundi) and Mike Quinn (Nien Nunb)
June 6, 7 & 8 - Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca) and Jeremy Bulloch (Boba Fett)
June 13, 14 & 15 - Temuera Morrison (Jango Fett) and Michonne Bourriague (Aurra Sing)

:D

Banthaholic
05-16-2003, 02:25 PM
krisvds, thanks for the info.
Have you seen pictures of the figures carded yet?

krisvds
05-16-2003, 02:34 PM
not yet... but if you are going, get me pics !!!! I want pics !!! :D

krisvds
05-16-2003, 03:39 PM
Disney DeliverEARS is now taking orders for the two Star Tours figures at $10 each ( plus $8.95 shipping and handling). Call (407) 363-6200.

why that much shipping for destroyed cards ??? :rolleyes:

krisvds
05-16-2003, 05:00 PM
'nother update: you can order them trough the phone, tough it depends on who is helping you ;)

sometimes they reject :/

DarthChuckMc
05-16-2003, 10:46 PM
Here's the pic

R5-D2

DarthChuckMc
05-16-2003, 10:53 PM
Here's the repaint

G2-9T

Banthaholic
05-16-2003, 11:18 PM
DarthChuckMc, thanks for the pics, I've been looking around all day for them. Any chance you could put a pic of the card back up.

I like the look of them, I like the blue cards, better than I thought they would be.

DarthChuckMc
05-16-2003, 11:19 PM
Here's the Starspeeder 3000. It's electronic and comes with a Captain Rex mini-fig.

Banthaholic
05-16-2003, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by DarthChuckMc
Here's the Starspeeder 3000. It's electronic and comes with 2 mini-figs.

Way cool, I might have to get one of these picked up for me.

DarthChuckMc
05-16-2003, 11:26 PM
BTW...these are already on eBay..............................nuff said.

JediTricks
05-17-2003, 03:47 AM
OH MAN! That Starspeeder 3000 is so awesome. I love the way they did this, I hope it's truly in AF scale 'cause if so I'm gonna fill it with passengers! :D

krisvds
05-17-2003, 04:34 AM
THX for the pics, I hosted them @ StarTours.BeJedi.com (http://startours.bejedi.com)

and I credited you ;)

it looks like R5 has a retracteble 3 legg :)

Jargo
05-17-2003, 05:12 PM
Yes he does. Saw bigger pics somewhere today and he's sweet as sweet can be. I note they changed his name to reflect the fact that he is clearly not R5-D4. Although why they called him R5-D2 not R5-DL I don't know. DL is the actual droids name as far as I know.
Either way it matters not. I shall attempt to get my hands on a couple of him now they've been released but I shall go via regular retail rather than Evilbay. I swear as long as I live I will never bid for anything. Auctions are like gambling and gambling is mind destroying. IMO.
Good to see the black paint on R5 is not heavy as the prototype had. Can't wait to get this one. :)

krisvds
05-17-2003, 05:15 PM
be sure to send me all bigger pics ! ;)

Jargo
05-17-2003, 05:41 PM
Well, the other site had this one which shows his center leg quite nicely.

krisvds
05-17-2003, 05:43 PM
ell, I prbarley will have all pics by Monday ;)

Capitan_Moroni
05-18-2003, 01:50 PM
Have they released that 3rd droid from this wave yet? I'd really like to see size comparisons on that one...

krisvds
05-18-2003, 02:08 PM
SK-Z38 is not out yet, he will be out later, like R3-D3 in Wave 1

Jargo
05-20-2003, 05:55 PM
Here's the carded pic of SK-Z38 that's being auctioned on EBAY. He's a big bugger and damn near fills the bubble.

krisvds
05-20-2003, 06:01 PM
I know he's big, but the only problem is, in the attraction, he's even smaller then 10" acros !

dirtydroid
05-20-2003, 06:18 PM
Has anyone gone to the weekends yet? I have to make my way up there (from Miami). How is the supply of Disney released Figures? Will I have to go to E-bay for the first wave?

krisvds
05-20-2003, 06:22 PM
for California: PLENTY of figures (collecting dust) (Wave 1 and 2)

for Florida : the same ;)Plenty of figs, only they are HOT there , and they are VERY wel stocked ! :D (Wave 1, 2, 3-SK-Z38)

Capitan_Moroni
05-20-2003, 11:06 PM
oh wow, for some reason I thought he was tiny from the original picture of him. I might have to get him now that I see hes that big. Thanks for the pic Jargo.

krisvds
05-21-2003, 07:13 AM
No, he is small in the attrazction (only 10" wide)

but the hasbro version looks like he is 2 metres or so....

mark2d2
05-22-2003, 02:55 AM
It's so annoying that these aren't out in LA yet.
Disneyland is so close. But the figures are so far.

Boo Hoo.

I want that R5 now dang it! Now!

Droidlover
05-22-2003, 05:25 AM
Originally posted by mark2d2
I want that R5 now dang it! Now!

I want him too Mark, but unlike you I am stuck in the Midwest, so I guess since I cannot order him, e-bay is my only route:cry:

Lord of the Sith
05-23-2003, 11:31 PM
Hi all, I just got back from Star Wars Weekends at MGM Studios here in Orlando, Florida and I was lucky enough to be at the right place at the right time to get some brand new merchandise.

At the Tatooine Trader store inside the park, which is the official store for the Star Tours ride, they had just received brand new cases of the last (third wave) of Star Tours figures.

Each case brings a total of 24 figures of the same character. I was given the chance to open some of these cases as they were being brought out from their stockroom. What a thrill !!

The first case I opened was packed with R5-D2's (nice weathered effect) while a second case with the sku # 22776400 had all G2-T9's figures; these are exactly as G2-T4 droid previously released but, having blue highlights around the head and feet instead of red.

The boxes were carton # 132 and 133 out of 150, as it is printed on their side. Given the fact each case has 24 figures x 150 cases, that is a total of 3,600 figures for each of the characters.

The store still hasn't received the SK-Z38 (bird-looking droid), and according to their computers, there is no shipment tracking available for it; in other words, the figure hasn't been shipped. I was told by the gentleman managing the Tatooine Trader store to expect this droid to show up within the next two weeks.

There were plenty of Starspeeder 3000 shuttles. These are just a bit bigger in scale than an Action Fleet vehicle yet smaller than a regular ship for the 3 3/4" scale.

Despite its small size and practically "unknown" status, the vehicle is well constructed, packed with features such as lights and sounds and it even includes a small figure (removable) of Captain Rex. This tiny droid can be attached to a peg provided, inside the ship. The roof of the vehicle can be taken out, revealing three rows of orange seats. Here are the specifications:"

R2-D2 Sound Effects (pressing down on R2)
Captain Rex Voice
Shuttle Engine Sounds
Light Speed Sound Effects
Working Cabin Lights and Door
Removable Roof
Removable Captain Rex

The vehicle requires 3 "AA" batteries which are included.

The Starspeeder 3000 was present in such an abundance that boxes were piled up almost as high as the ceiling and it was being sold outside of the store right next to the Star Tours ride.

As of today, "Once Upon a Toy" the Hasbro operated toy store located in Downtown Disney's west side had 0 (Zero) Wave 3, zero Starspeeders. Only within the MGM Studios these items are available at the time.

Admission to the park is $50.00 a day, while Florida residents can get a $109.00 four parks/four day pass, which allows them to go in and out of the park as many times as they please.

I was able to get some extra Starspeeders 3000 and extra droids. I'll be willing to trade them (accordingly) for the ONLY figures I need which are:

2x Yoda & Chian
2x Ashla & Jempa
2x Toys R Us Imperial 4-pack
McFarlane new Matrix figures

Keep in mind each Star Tours figure costs $10.00 and the Starspeeder goes for $20.00 plus tax. Give me a holler if you're interested in a trade.

Thanks!

PS: Here are some pictures of my loose, displayed figures which I photograhed and posted at another site. The ones I have for trade are mint in mint packages.

http://www.sandtroopers.com/Jason/extensive/nexusattack/img/startoursw3/gallery1.htm

Hellboy
05-31-2003, 01:59 PM
I heard an interesting rumor that the reason SK-Z38 has not been released yet is is due to the fact that the nose was to sharp and as a result the figure might be scrapped altogether. This would make those few that are floating around on sites like e-bay worth quite a bit but like I said it's just a rumor. Has anyone else heard anything similar :confused:

Lord of the Sith
05-31-2003, 06:45 PM
It is just a rumor, Hellboy. Keep in mind every time a figure or set gets delayed, rumors start to flourish like wild flowers in a forest. Either scalpers, who have the product, spread this out trying to "scare" us by saying subliminally "Get it now. You'll never have another chance" or simply rumors started by anyone for not having the product out by the scheduled date.

I've spoken directly to the people involved in ordering this figure from Disney (while at the park) last week, and it will be released later this month (June) or beginning of the next one. I've seen more than I should tell and, it is enough for me to say, it will be out.

I'm not spreading out rumors, nor my intentions are to do so. I'm just letting everyone know what I was told and saw at Disney.

The figure indeed is suffering a minor transformation to avoid possible hazard with kids but from that to not being release, well, it is a long shot. It will be out, not just yet.

Resist the temptation and wait until it shows up at the parks...Patience is wisdom :)

jonthejedi
06-02-2003, 07:52 AM
I did hear there was a recall...but it is still coming out!

JangoFart
06-02-2003, 04:44 PM
The beak was too pointy, is my understanding, too. But, I take that with a huge grain o' salt. A delay can be for a million reasons, defects being just one of them.

J

krisvds
06-03-2003, 01:41 PM
Anyhow.. I hope they will make it a L.O.T. smaller too.. he is HUGELEY GROSLY overscaled !!!!!!!!!!

jonthejedi
06-04-2003, 05:53 AM
You're right krisvds...for the size it, or they are(there's two together at Disney/MGM)...a 2-pack would have been more suitable to keep the scale right.

mark2d2
06-04-2003, 02:16 PM
Is there an R1 droid anywhere in the Star Tours ride?
This might be our best shot for getting this fig . . .

jonthejedi
06-04-2003, 09:02 PM
Mark2d2...can you do a link for a visual on an R1...I can't place it in my mind?

jonthejedi
06-06-2003, 10:09 AM
There's a cool g2 type droid on tank-like treads hooking up a power coupling on the left right as you enter the droid area(Disney/MGM). He'll be a great candidate for a future release!

mark2d2
06-07-2003, 06:55 PM
R1-G4 is that big Greenish/black droid in A New Hope.

He's pretty easy to spot in the film.

Also, he was on the cardboard backdrop of the purchase of the droids cinema scene (w/ Uncle Owen.)

krisvds
06-08-2003, 06:56 PM
no R1 droids in Star Tours .....

mark2d2
06-10-2003, 05:07 AM
dang. what a bummer. i really want an R1 and this was probably our only shot at seeing this guy in plastic. . .

stillakid
06-10-2003, 12:26 PM
I got my Speeder in the mail yesterday. It's kinda cool for what it is. Not exactly worth the money I paid, but one of those interesting pieces that will likely be more "collectable" because not every collector will pick one up. I think.

jonthejedi
06-18-2003, 06:24 AM
krisvds...do you know how close all the Star Tours droids are represented at the different locations throughout the world. Are there some just at Disneyland, for example, that may not be at Disney/MGM in Florida. On my last visit I took a picture of an interesting littler G2 type on tank treads hooking up a power coupling on the left side right as you leave yhe C3PO/R2 area. I'm sorry, I don't have a scanner or digital camera yet...but he seems a good candidate for wave 4. I can never get a good look at the lower area where R4M9 resides. It looks like there may be more droids down in that area. Is the Paris Star Tours laid out the same way? Just curious?

krisvds
06-18-2003, 06:29 AM
Yes, in fact there is, and the name of the droid, it JOHNNY 5 ;)

Also, there is a locatation guide on my site :)
on the bottom of each profile , there are colored bars...Red means No, green means Yes and grey, I dunno ;)
so if DLX2, his profile, says the 3 bars say Paris... and it is colored Red, so he is not there ;)

The paris one has a kinda the same lay-out, but some minor differences..

so, all info can be found @ My site :)

Kris