PDA

View Full Version : Rebel Fleet Trooper Item

INDIANA
05-17-2003, 07:32 AM
Thrawn has a news item about the Rebel Fleet Troopers which I read and was a little confused about. There are 3 different Troopers, black and reddish haired Saga troops both with new sculpts, and the black haired POTJ figure with the big eyes. I have not seen any reports of the POTJ figure being released on the Saga card. I was under the impression from the story that there were only 2 sculpts and that the black haired one was a repackaged POTJ figure. As, unfortunately for others, I am probably one of the handfull that was lucky enough to actually find both at retail, I just wanted to help clear things up.

Teeska Mon Eebon
05-17-2003, 08:18 AM
There's Blond and Brown in the saga line... I think...

Jargo
05-17-2003, 10:29 AM
Yeah. The pudgey faced POTJ one is re-issued in the army builder four pack and the Saga versions are two completely new head sculpts. I know because I have them all. The two new heads are similar in appearance at first glance and it's really only the addition of sideburns on the red haired one that differentiates them. And the red haired one has a slightly narrower face with a smaller pointier chin and smaller chin strap. The black haired saga one has a more confident looking face.
When you get all three together it's hard to tell the difference. With the huge helmet covering their heads they all look the same. Although i much prefer the two new heads to the pudgey POTJ one.

The imperial officers are the ones with the blond variant. Black and blond hair. RFT's have red and black hair. Both POTJ versions of imp officer and RFT have brown hair.

Clear on this now? :p

Teeska Mon Eebon
05-17-2003, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO

The imperial officers are the ones with the blond variant. Black and blond hair. RFT's have red and black hair. Both POTJ versions of imp officer and RFT have brown hair.

Woops wrong figure... I need sleep

jjreason
05-19-2003, 03:22 AM
The blond imp is still expensive on ebay. Anyone here found one stateside?

Dr Zoltar
05-19-2003, 02:20 PM
jjreason,

I have yet to find one. And I've only found one dark haired imp ever in the stores.

jjreason
05-19-2003, 02:59 PM
Im hopefully getting a third from Kebco here shortly - and am hoping against hope it's blondie. I didn't get the red haired Rebel, either, and would like one of those as well. I think they were easier to find than the blonde imp, no?

Dr Zoltar
05-19-2003, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by jjreason
I didn't get the red haired Rebel, either, and would like one of those as well. I think they were easier to find than the blonde imp, no?

I think this is only the case because the red haired Rebel was shipped in a wave before the blonde imp. I actually have 2 red haired Rebels but one was purchased from someone I met here at Sir Steve's before I found one in the store. I'm willing to bet more blonde imp's show up in the next few months.

Vortex
05-19-2003, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by jjreason
The blond imp is still expensive on ebay. Anyone here found one stateside?

I actually found all the variations in 2 case assortments, which were being put out on the pegs at the same time. I just picked them all up at once.

I got lucky I guess.

Teeska Mon Eebon
05-19-2003, 06:29 PM
I have the blonde imp but do want the brown one I have one of the fleet troopers but not the one with sideburns so I want that one too.