View Full Version : TOP TEN...whatever...
08-18-2001, 03:40 AM
Whoo hoo! The first TOP TEN thread in any of the new forums!! (But certainly not the last...) O.K. My first top ten list is a little negative, so the next post should be positive.. After that all's fair. So. Since everyone and their brother seems to enjoy posting top ten threads, here are my
TOP TEN pet peeves.
10. Finger Bikes
9. The lack of a Sith Infiltrator from Hasbro
7. post padding
6. The last wave of Ep 1 figures not being at TRU
5. I never have enough money.
4. Mediocre Summer movies this year...
3. Target. (You GONK!ing GONK!lickers...)
2. Target Exclusives
and the number one pet peeve...
1. Rollo Tomassi Impersonators.
08-18-2001, 04:20 AM
I finally got my name back! Thanks to SirSteve and JT for the assistance.
I need to add 2 items to my top peeves, so call it a Top 12. In no particular order, they are
1) JT's new avatar - vanity of vanities ! ! !
2) Fellow posters who fell for the work of an impostor - HOW SHAMEFUL!
08-18-2001, 04:49 AM
Good to have you back!!:D Even you never really left (wink, wink, nudge, nudge EP!).
Okay, top ten something:
Top ten four-letter "naughty" words you're not allowed to type in SSG's Forums.:D
Oh wait, I forgot **** and ****. Don't use those either! You'll be sorry!:D :D :D
08-18-2001, 04:57 AM
"Master Rollo, it's so good to see you fully functional again"
I have a new idea for Hasbro's deluxe line - Bacta Tank Rollo!
08-18-2001, 04:59 AM
Rollo inna diaper?:eek:
08-18-2001, 05:06 AM
Does anyone know who the evil ne'r do well imposter was?
I think it was Deckard Smith, I tell ya he is evil!
08-18-2001, 11:03 PM
Notice "Rollo Tomasi" has but one "S"? Rollo was one to drop all s's due to the loss of the "S" thread. Will we ever find out the truth?
Top Ten SW Funny-Sounding Words
8. Wuipi (sp?)
6. Wampa (wampa, wampa - Kenner commercial)
3. Hermi Odle
1. Attack of the Clones
08-18-2001, 11:12 PM
wuipuipi, I think.
I can't believe I fell for the single "s" Rollo.:( :o
08-19-2001, 09:18 AM
1. Rollo Tomassi
2. Rollo Tomasi
3. Rolo Tomassi
4. Rolo Tomasi
5. Rollo Tommasi
6. Row-Low Toe-maasy (pheonetic)
8. Roloe Tomausi
9. Rooooooolllllllllllooooooo TOOOOOOOMAAAAASSSSSSIIII (ring announcer version)
08-19-2001, 05:16 PM
TOP TEN LIST
of Things That Annoy Left-Handers:
10. Right-handed scissors.
9. Teachers who give lower grades to kids who use the "wrong hand".
8. Learning to drive and wondering why they built all the roads backwards.
7. People always asking "Why can't you use your right hand?" Just reply, "Why can't you use your left hand?"
6. The thought that if you'd been born a few centuries earlier, you'd have been burned at the stake for witchcraft.
5. Sitting at a desk three inches to the right of a right-hander and trying to write.
4. The reaction you get from the salesperson when you ask if they sell left-handed potato peelers.
3. The fact that "left", literally translated, means "wrong".
2. Early childhood memory of your parents screaming in horror, "Oh no, my child is LEFT HANDED!"
1. Ergonomic mouse - designed to fit comfortably in the right hand.
the master jedi
08-19-2001, 06:49 PM
TOP TEN LIST of my favorite practical jokes:
10. Put some bananas in the toilet. Blindfold somebody and tell them to reach inside.
9. Blindfold somebody. Tell them you are going to light them on fire. light a match and let them smell the smoke. Then whip out a piece of ice and touch to their skin. They'll really be freaked out by this one.
8. Push a guy into a ladies public bathroom that's full of women.
7. Make it look like you destroied your best friends Star Wars collection.
6. if you see a person pretending like he's smoking ask him if he really wants to look like he's smoking. If he says yes tell him to get some pencil shteddings from a pencil sharpener, roll 'em up in a peice of paper, wet it down,and act like he's smokin'. Lead will get all over his face.
5. When you're in a restaurant and the person you're with gets up to use the bathroom put a clean band-aid on their food. When they come back and find it on their food they'll freak out and you might get a free meal too.
4. Stare at a person in a restaurant and see if they come over to you to tell you to stop it.
2. Pulling down somebodys pants in public.
1. If you have a pool tell a friend you put thie chemican in that turns red if you go to the bathroom in the pool. When you all get in the pool slip a packet of red Kool-Aid in your friends pocket.
08-19-2001, 10:35 PM
Can sombody fill me in here. Whos the real Rollo Tommassi from the old board. So far I've seen "Rollo" "Rollo Tomasi" and "Rollo Tomassi" and I speculate the "Eternal Padawan" is the old Rollo to. ?!?
Eternal Padawan you stole my idea (Since It was deleted????)
8. Everyone not mentioned in the list :)
2. Bel Cam Jos
Sorry if I forgot someone(?)
08-20-2001, 11:09 AM
Okay Collector heres how it works.
When the new forums started and everybody was signing up with their old names SOMEBODY (read: Utinni) signed up as Rollo Tomassi. When the REAL Rollo Tomassi tried to sign up, he couldn't and had to sign up as plain old "Rollo" to spread the word that this new Rollo Tomassi (read: Utinni or Episode1Sucks) was a fraud and an impostor. The REAL Rollo Tomassi contacted SirSteve and got his rightful name back, thereby deleting "Rollo" and replacing it with Rollo Tomassi. Meanwhile, the fraud (read: Utinni) having lost access to the Name Rollo Tomassi, signed up as Rollo Tomasi with one "S" and started posting again. Well. SirSteve was too clever and realized what he was doing and shut THAT name down also. So then the impostor (read: Utinni) signed up under his old identity. So "Rollo" and "Rollo Tomasi" are no longer active Usernames and cannot be contacted and/or Logged on. The only mystery remaining is who Utinni USED to be, because he WAS someone else before he was Utinni (and still may be, posting under two names)
I am and have always been Eternal Padawan ;)
08-20-2001, 12:01 PM
Utinni: I am not Jimmy Hoffa.
Utinni: Neither is Jimmy Hoffa me. Although we sound a lot alike. Furthermore, I am not notafinga. I/he might be his/my clone, but we/we aren't each other (I think). Also, I am not DarthMaulgot Mailed1 because it would be too difficult to type that in every time and I am lazy. And I am neither jargo nor Grand Moff Jargo. Who does that leave? I am none other than.....
Utinni: That would be spoiling the secret.
These quotes were found locked in a hidden vault (wink, wink). I think they answer our "who's Utinni?" questions quite nicely. Especially the "I am not DarthMaulgot Mailed1" one. Was he sent Priority Mail? And I sure hope he had insurance. :p
08-20-2001, 12:30 PM
TOP TEN LETTER* BANNED BY **G
"Good night Mo* E*pa. You're the greate*t."
08-20-2001, 03:09 PM
Top Ten Forum Created Characters
(Fill in your own numbers)
Darth Santa and his Happy TIE Fighter of Love
Darryl the Biker Scout
Guido, Tito, and Laredo
The Party AT-AT
the hybrid Tauntaun-Wampa-Gungan-Whatever creature
Sio Bibble (okay, not exactly, but he should be!)
08-20-2001, 06:59 PM
Top 10 Star Wars you do NOT want to tell your girlfriend:
10. "When nine-hundred years old, look as good you will not."
9. "This baby's got a few surprises left in her, sweetheart."
8. "She's the fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy."
7. "You hear me baby? Hold togeather."
6. "I take orders from just one person: me."
5. "Why you stuck up half witted, scruffy looking, nerf herder."
4. "I recognized your foul stench when I was brought on board."
3. "Freeze you Rebel scum."
2. "Your tauntaun'll freeze before you reach the first marker."
1. "I think you just can't let a gorgeous guy like me out of your sight."
08-21-2001, 05:11 PM
TOP TEN JERRY SEINFELD JOKES - REDUX
10)What's up with airline peanuts?
9)What's up with that red spot on Gorbachev's head?
8)What's up with suspenders?
7)What's up with ketchup? Is it catsup or ketchup?
6)What's up with stuff?
5)What's up with they way they package hot dogs and hot dog buns?
4)What's up with that crud that sticks to your teeth after eating popcorn?
3)What's up with bowling?
2)What's up with that worm in tequila?
And the number one joke...
1)What's up with Oprah. She's fat, she's thin, she's fat, she's thin. Pick a body style and go with it.
Thank you SSG! You've been great! Good night!
08-21-2001, 07:26 PM
Top Ten Pick Up Lines:
10. Hey baby. You're even better looking than my girlfriend.
9. I've got the moves and you've got the looks. You wanna get togeather?
8. Hello. Will you marry me?
7. I have a big car.
6. I've lost my phone number. Can I have yours?
5. My roommate kicked me out for tonight. Can I come home with you?
3. Tic Tac?
2. Yes. that is a roll of quarters.
1. This is your first, last, and only chance to be with me.
08-21-2001, 07:44 PM
Hey Master Jedi you forgot one:
"I may not be the best looking guy in here, but I am the only one talking to you."
08-21-2001, 08:22 PM
TOP TEN CHAT UP LINES THAT WILL NEVER WORK...
10. Do you smell fish...?
9. My mom's waiting outside. Wanna ride?
8. No, I'm not staring at your breasts, my glass eye is stuck....
7. Great wig...!
6. That's not a twiglet. you're eating my dental retainer.....
5. Come back to my place. I'll show you all the photos I have of you......
4. So - you like amputees?
3. Don't worry about the smell. Once you're married to me you'll get used to it.....
2. Klaatu Nikto Barada......
1. You like to watch? I like to watch. You got a friend....?
08-22-2001, 03:37 AM
Top ten threads sure to get banned by Jedi Tricks and SirSteve because we aren't "dicussing" Star Wars enough...
10. GONK Redux
9. The further further adventures of Sly Wiley
8. I don't even collect the card...(oh wait. that one already fell to the axe. never mind)
7. S: The Final ressurection
6. TOP TEN ...Whatever... (yeah this very thread...)
Okay...so that's only five, but mark my words... Their days are numbered. that being said, I will round out this top ten list with my top five favorite Star Wars film titles. (In no particular order ;))
5. Star Wars Episode I The Phantom Menace
4. Star Wars Episode II Attack of the Clones
3. Star Wars Episode IV A New Hope
2. Star Wars Episode V The Empire Strikes Back
1. Star Wars Episode VI Return of the Jedi
(HA HA! SEE?? I "discussed" Star Wars!! Try deleting it now!)
08-22-2001, 09:41 AM
Don't tempt me EP, don't tempt me. Actually, I had no intention of deleting or closing this thread, it's in the MISC section, it's doing what it's basic idea is (except for a few posters who are just wasting time, like saying they're the coolest 10 times over or eroniously claiming that a letter of the alphabet is somehow banned from this site), so as long as we get some more top 10 lists that aren't just post-padding nonsense, I don't see why this one would be under the gun.
08-22-2001, 01:08 PM
Top Ten sage pieces of advice Obi Wan handed out
10. The jundland wastes are not to be travelled lightly.
9. Don't give into hate. That way leads to the dark side.
8. We must be cautious.
9. You will go to the Dagobah system.
7. Who is more foolish, the fool? or the fool who follows him?
6. Some of the best star pilots can be found here.
5. Watch your step. This place can be a little dangerous.
4. You must come with me to Alderaan.
3. Your destiny lies along a different path than mine.
2. Run Luke Run!
1. Use the force Luke!
08-27-2001, 12:13 PM
Good list, Rollo T! SW topical, somewhat funny, well-compiled. So I won't really follow your pattern. :D
TOP TEN SONGS WHERE THE TITLE ISN'T SUNG THAT WAY IN THE SONG:
10.Lithium - Nirvana
9. Axel F - Harold Faltermeyer
8. Glorified G - Pearl Jam
7. Mudshovel - Staind
6. Basket Cse - Green day
5. Peter Gunn - Art of Noise
4. Standing Outside A Broken Phone Booth With Money In My Hand - Primative Radio Gods
3. The Saga Begins - Weird Al Yankovic
2. Tom's Diner - Suzanne Vega
1. Duel of the Fates - :)
08-27-2001, 01:31 PM
Top Ten non-Star Wars movies:
10. Conan: The Barbarian
7. Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
6. Pink Floyd: The Wall
5. The Lion in Winter
3. Monty Python and The Search for the Holy Grail
1. Raiders of the Lost Ark
08-27-2001, 07:20 PM
Top 2 post padders:
08-27-2001, 07:37 PM
TOP TEN TV SHOWS WITH NUMBERS IN THEM:
10. Just the Ten of Us
9. Beverly Hills, 90201
8. Eight is Enough
7. 7th Heaven
6. Route 66
5. Hawaii 5-O
4. 227 (couldn't come up with a '4' one)
2. My Two Dads
1. One Life To Live
10-29-2001, 02:14 PM
In no particular order...
10. The Rocky Horror Picture Show and all that crazy nonsense that surrounds it at the theatres. Yuck.:mad:
9. Barbra Streisand. Damn she's annoying.
8. Terrorism/Anthrax. Not only does it tick me off that it happens, but then the news reports it into a state of overkill.
7. Fingerbikes. Did you think I'd forget about these? Those things are stupid. Especially the Eminem ones. What the GONK! is that? Does he even ride a bike? Noooooooo.
6. The whole Target/Hasbro/Exclusive thing. Grrrrrrrrrr.:mad:
5. Rollo Tomassi Impersonators. That still rankles me after all this time. I think he earned a permanent position on the list.
4. People bad-mouthing Harry Potter without having read the books.
3. Hollywood removing the WTC from movies.
2. Osama Bin Laden. Dick.
and my #1 pet peeve (well #1 on my list. these were in no particular order after all...) The new Transformers cartoon sucks compared to the old one.
10-29-2001, 02:56 PM
Top Ten movies hid have/had to pay to see:
10. Tomb Raider
7. Tremors 3
5. Pearl Harbor (horrible, horrible movie)
4. Jurassic Park 3
3. Bicentenial(sp?) Man
2. The odd numbered Star Trek movies
1. Harry Potter
04-20-2002, 10:18 AM
TOP TEN things to do on a Saturday Morning
9. Watch Cartoons
8. Have some breakfast.
7. Read a book.
6. Check your e-mail.
5. Take a walk.
4. Sleep in.
3. Watch more cartoons.
2. Play with your SW stuff
and the number one thing to do on a Saturday morning...
1. Go thru the old SSG misc. section and ressurect old threads.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2 Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.