PDA

View Full Version : Jake Lloyd singing Eminem, or "Where do I put this?"

Fulit
05-18-2003, 12:46 AM
Ok, anyone yet catch the Apple commercial with what is obviously a now-14 year old Jake Lloyd singing the "I'm the Slim Shady" song? Comments? Questions? Obvious Observations? Allusions to Jobs He Can't Get?

Exhaust Port
05-18-2003, 01:21 AM
Is that who that is? I'm going to have to look at that commercial again.

2-1B
05-18-2003, 01:34 AM
I'll be damned ! :)

I saw it today for the first time and I didn't know it was little Jakey . . .

What's funnier is the belief by Apple that they will actually get people to pay a dollar per song. :rolleyes:

LTBasker
05-18-2003, 01:50 AM
Isn't that song a little above his level though? Fortunately I haven't seen the commercial, hope I never will.

Apple can be better than Windows, but then they go and pull dumb stuff like this. :(

EricRG
05-18-2003, 02:43 AM
Ummmmmmm...didn't over a MILLION songs get purchased for 99 cent in the first week ALONE by the slim percentage of people with Macs??? Invest in Apple now while you can, because they are helping to change the face of music distribution.

2-1B
05-18-2003, 03:10 AM
I have no idea. :confused:
Its just that most of the burnouts I've heard over the past few years who ramble on and on and on and on about the beauty of free downloads while practically crucifying people in the business (like Metallica) for complaining about free music . . . well isn't the whole idea to get the songs for free ? Why are they paying for it now? :rolleyes:

EricRG
05-18-2003, 03:20 AM
http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2003/may/14musicstore.html

It's relatively cheap, incredibly easy, and LEGAL. Remember when 7-inch singles were the way to get a song you liked? How much was it? I remember 99 cents. Of course, you also got a B-side, but let's chalk that up to inflation.

In all seriousness, Apple is going to make a lot of money between this technology and the iPod.

darthvyn
05-18-2003, 11:36 AM
yeah, for some songs, it's all about how much it's worth to you. you could search for it on limewire and such, but not find it. what if you could get it for .99 on iTunes? the reason why free downloads were huge was that cd's were GROSSLY overpriced, so the general public will (as scott mccloud puts it) "correct that pricing to their liking..."

http://scottmccloud.com/comics/icst/icst-5/icst-5.html

it really wasn't about FREE music, it was about AFFORDABLE music. to me, anyway. if cd's dropped to $7, i'd be all over that. i buy many dvd's, even though you can get the movies online. the fact is, you get a lot more on a dvd for your buck than you do on a cd. it's just implied value. if i got more for my money on a cd, or paid less money for what i got, that would be great.

Exhaust Port
05-18-2003, 02:24 PM
Are you sure that's Jake Lloyd? It doesn't look like him enough to convince me that it is our little Jedi.

Fulit
05-18-2003, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by Exhaust Port
Are you sure that's Jake Lloyd? It doesn't look like him enough to convince me that it is our little Jedi.

Pretty sure. And it does too look like him, it DOES TOO!

scruffziller
05-18-2003, 05:16 PM
Yea I saw that and I thought man they are going to get some serious talking to having a kid that age listening to EM.

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
05-18-2003, 05:28 PM
I was LMAO when I saw this commercial. I then thought to myself, "HE RUINED THE SONG!"

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
05-18-2003, 10:10 PM
I've seen someone sing "Baby Got Back" but that wasn't Jake Lloyd.

If it is true, that he is singing Eminem, then I am not at all flabbergasted. Kids are growing up fast these days.

bobafrett
05-19-2003, 12:34 AM
I just saw the commercial this evening. I'm surprised at the end he doesn't yell "Yippeeeeee......"

My 12 year old son listens to Eminem.

LTBasker
05-19-2003, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by Lowly Bantha Cleaner
If it is true, that he is singing Eminem, then I am not at all flabbergasted. Kids are growing up fast these days.

That's ironic, I always considered Eminem an immature idiot who needs to be put out of our misery.

scruffziller
05-19-2003, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by LTBasker
That's ironic, I always considered Eminem an immature idiot who needs to be put out of our misery.

HMMMMMMMMMMM............... the line between immature idiot and genius. so thin.....

Clue which is which.......

one makes millions of dollars

Fulit
05-19-2003, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by scruffziller
HMMMMMMMMMMM............... the line between immature idiot and genius. so thin.....

Clue which is which.......

I'm sorry, but just because you make millions does not make you a genius. Look at how obviously uneducated the Osbourne clan is.

LTBasker
05-19-2003, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by scruffziller

If he made the money through maybe climbing the ladder of some field, such as the stock market then I might call it him smart. However he makes millions by just being an overused icon of MTV. All an MTV icon is anymore is a gimmick, their main gimmicks being Rap and Pop.

Deoxyribonucleic
05-19-2003, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by Fulit
I'm sorry, but just because you make millions does not make you a genius. Look at how obviously uneducated the Osbourne clan is.

HERE HERE!

LOL

:D ;)

TheDarthVader
05-19-2003, 03:23 PM
I agree with that too! The Osbournes are stupid. I do not like Eminem either, and I think he's a punk. And that commercial with the supposed "jake llyod" singing is stupid. I will have to take a closer look when it comes on again.

The 'Xir
05-19-2003, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by Fulit

Actually, you're quite wrong! It's Sharon! She is a marketing genius, she and she alone is the reason behind Ozzy's success!(well her and all of Ozzy's press feeding antics..dove anyone?) After they met and Sharon finally broke free from her daddy's little empire, they basically went from being flat broke to multi-millionaires! See not all rock relationships turn out to be Yoko disasters!:greedy: :cool:

EricRG
05-19-2003, 11:02 PM
Ummmmmmm...I do believe Ozzy is a MUSICAL genius, but that's me. M&M is an idiot, on the other hand. Too bad, because he's a damn talented idiot.

2-1B
05-20-2003, 02:16 AM
Okay, I saw this commercial for the second time tonight and I'm not at all convinced that it's our little Jakey. :rolleyes:

I'm not saying it ISN'T him, I just doubt it . . .

InsaneJediGirl
05-20-2003, 09:38 AM
I haven't seen it...and here's hoping I wont.They do need to get rid of that guy signing "My Generation"..its just scary.

derek
05-20-2003, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by EricRG
Ummmmmmm...I do believe Ozzy is a MUSICAL genius.

i'd say he WAS a musical genius. but not anymore. i don't watch their show, but did ozzy have a stroke or something? i was filpping thru channels the other night and landed on M-TV for a few minutes. i'd swear ozzy has had a stroke or has parkinson's disease. i don't see any way he could write or sing anymore. he looked horrible.

James Boba Fettfield
05-20-2003, 06:29 PM
Ozzy did some singing on BLS's latest album, The Blessed Hellride.

scruffziller
05-20-2003, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by The 'Xir
Actually, you're quite wrong! It's Sharon! She is a marketing genius, she and she alone is the reason behind Ozzy's success!(well her and all of Ozzy's press feeding antics..dove anyone?) After they met and Sharon finally broke free from her daddy's little empire, they basically went from being flat broke to multi-millionaires! See not all rock relationships turn out to be Yoko disasters!:greedy: :cool:

In my book if you are making big money you are doing or did something right to grab somebody's attention. I consider myself a genius but I am not making any money so I guess I am the other.

My guess is that people's aim is the wanting to make big bucks. You can never place a peron who is the center of the money making to be the genius of the marketing but they are a part of larger system of more people making it happen so there is a genius at work somewhere as The Xir said Sharon is the marketing genius.

EricRG
05-20-2003, 11:17 PM
So, that makes all these rich people living on their parents money geniuses, correct?

In my experience, I'd have to say there are FAR more poor geniuses than there are rich geniuses. Most rich people I've had contact with have no sense of reality.

scruffziller
05-21-2003, 08:32 AM
So, that makes all these rich people living on their parents money geniuses, correct?

No, I'm talking about people who "make" the money not the ones who are given it and live off it.

In my experience, I'd have to say there are FAR more poor geniuses than there are rich geniuses.

Well if you are a genius that is poor and your aim is to make money, and you are not on your way, I wouldn't call you a genius.

EricRG
05-21-2003, 12:35 PM
What does genius have to do with making money???

NOTHING. Just because somebody has no desire for material wealth, it doesn't mean they cannot be smart!

I know, I know, this has gotten way off topic...so I'm gonna quit posting to it.

TheDarthVader
05-21-2003, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by derek
i'd swear ozzy has had a stroke or has parkinson's disease. i don't see any way he could write or sing anymore. he looked horrible.

Sorry to tell you, but I believe this is due to all of the drugs he had used in his younger years. Its sad, but those drugs have literally fried his brain.

Exhaust Port
05-21-2003, 04:25 PM
Ok, I've seen this commercial a couple more times now and I don't think this is Jake. Just some other punk kid.

JediTricks
05-21-2003, 08:25 PM
Nearly every member of my immediate family has an IQ over 140, yet most of us are struggling financially.

Jargo
05-21-2003, 09:17 PM
Genii never make money because they tend to be too occupied with doing the thing that makes them a genius. It's the marketers who make money for, or more likely, off the back of them. It doesn't take genius to market anything or to make money. But in order to have something fantastic to market you need a genius and his ideas.

But genius is rare and a much over used and dillute term these days. It's been cheapened by crass marketing of child prodigys and hothouse kids.

Being smart is one thing as is being savvy. Neither makes one a genius. It only takes a few dumb people for a money making scheme to work. That's where marketing comes in. Targeting the dumb schmucks who will part with money soon as look at it. Find the fools and you'll be a rich man my son... :)

As for Ozzy, he's just a sad parody of who he once was. But despite all that he's obviously been a very intelligent guy because he's still got a damn fine sense of what makes the world tick. No he can't sing well anymore but he puts on a good show and people go to see it because of who he is and was. Same as people went to see Elvis in Vegas all washed up and bloated and drug addled. Just because.

Anyone got a still image of this kid that sings?

scruffziller
05-22-2003, 10:42 AM
What does genius have to do with making money???

NOTHING. Just because somebody has no desire for material wealth, it doesn't mean they cannot be smart!

That is why I said if that is your "AIM" to make money.
It could be anything. Let me rephrase. You are a genius if you are excelling at what you aim to excel at, whatever that may be.

Exhaust Port
05-22-2003, 12:08 PM
IQ # doesn't mean crap. I don't trust a test to judge the intelligence of a person, how can it? Scoring high on those tests makes you good at taking tests, not a smart person. Plus they are all multiple choice so you have a 25% chance of guessing correctly on a question and labeled as being "smart" rather than "lucky." Woo, I scored 150 on the IQ test. Well, enough mentally retarded people smacking away at the keys will generate the same score eventually.

Common sense has a lot more to do with someone being smarter than another. Those are the people that we see suceeding, not those that can out smart the next guy. Scientists don't become rich, the guy you sells what he does is the one who get rich.

scruffziller
05-22-2003, 12:22 PM
IQ # doesn't mean crap. I don't trust a test to judge the intelligence of a person, how can it? Scoring high on those tests makes you good at taking tests, not a smart person. Plus they are all multiple choice so you have a 25% chance of guessing correctly on a question and labeled as being "smart" rather than "lucky." Woo, I scored 150 on the IQ test. Well, enough mentally retarded people smacking away at the keys will generate the same score eventually.

Common sense has a lot more to do with someone being smarter than another. Those are the people that we see suceeding, not those that can out smart the next guy. Scientists don't become rich, the guy you sells what he does is the one who get rich.

Absololutely, thanx EP.:)

One of the guys I have talked about who is a walking SW encyclopedia is really just an idiot even though he claims to have an IQ above Einstein. And you can tell he has this aura of smartness about him, however. He hasn't had a job in like 3 1/2 years and refuses to do certain things because it invades his standards. He also claims to travel to the Dungeons and Dragons, Star Wars realms when he sleeps and he isn't really of this world. Gathering his personality about what I have said, this vibe leaks out when he is at a job interview. He says money doesn't really matter to him that much but he sure like to plop down a hundred bucks when the new SW compendiums come out.

Exhaust Port
05-22-2003, 01:25 PM
Idiot Savants are a good example of this so called "intelligence." They accelerate well beyond the average person in very select fields but have trouble tieing their own shoes or understanding that 2+2=4 and so does 1+3.

It's not that extreme for the average person but some folks seem to confuse their expertise or depth of knowledge in a field as a true sign of intelligance. They know the entire history of the Star Trek or Star Wars universe and can debate endlessly on the topic but can seem to understand how a toaster works. Not to pick on the SW or ST fans but most self-diagnosed uber-smart folks I've met fall into that catagory. I've also come across similar folks in music, art and even in my line of work.

I think Jargo got it right, the term genius is thrown about a bit too freely. Just because a child accelerates at playing an instrument or learning a language doesn't make them a genius, it makes them gifted.

I've met a few people who I would consider genius'. They never came out and said it or tried to demonstrated it. Through the course of conversations I was just plain blown away. Their grasp of concepts and ideas from all sorts of topics were just amazing as well as their method to explain them to the layperson was simplistic.

For me a sign of higher intelligance isn't how much you know but how well you can explain or share that information with others. It's harder to teach than learn.

scruffziller
05-22-2003, 01:38 PM
Well I think that the term genius is really only used in a sentence reffering to something opiniated, he is a musical genius etc. In which I did too hee hee.

Deoxyribonucleic
05-22-2003, 02:31 PM

In my experience, I'd have to say there are FAR more poor geniuses than there are rich geniuses. Most rich people I've had contact with have no sense of reality.

I agree, equating genuis and money...well it just doesn't make sense and is impossible, not saying that that's what you said scruff :) I just wanted to add my 2 cents of course and agree completely with EricRG!

Look at Einstein, he certainly was NOT rich and was looked upon as crazy, and look at his contributions to society, he is a genius of geniuses and had nowhere near the amount of money as an unedumacated actor such as Brad Pitt.

Sad, sad, sad!

Ahh well, I guess that's life, most people place more importance on idiot actors/actresses/singers than we do on the real McCOY!

:crazed: :)

Exhaust Port
05-22-2003, 04:14 PM
If a genius wished to market himself or his wears then he too could be rich. Teaching in classroom, no matter how noble, doesn't pay enough to make someone rich and that is were we can ususally find those of higher intelligence.

Steve Jobs
Steve Wozniak
Bill Gates
Steven Hawkins
Carl Sagan

Those folks all have/did market themselves I think they probably did pretty good for themselves. Some may argue whether or not they are genius' but you'd have to agree they are a most likely a notch above the rest of us in the brain department. It can pay to be a nerd, just no one is going to show up to your door one day and plop down a bag of money.

Deoxyribonucleic
05-22-2003, 08:39 PM
If a genius wished to market himself or his wears then he too could be rich. Teaching in classroom, no matter how noble, doesn't pay enough to make someone rich and that is were we can ususally find those of higher intelligence.

Steve Jobs
Steve Wozniak
Bill Gates
Steven Hawkins
Carl Sagan

Those folks all have/did market themselves I think they probably did pretty good for themselves. Some may argue whether or not they are genius' but you'd have to agree they are a most likely a notch above the rest of us in the brain department. It can pay to be a nerd, just no one is going to show up to your door one day and plop down a bag of money.

I agree somewhat, however it is TRUE that the bulk of society DOES place higher value on actors/singers/entertainers (sad, sad, sad) than they do Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, etc. If you took a poll, probably 99 percent of the people would know who brad pitt or tom cruise was, and about 25 percent of the people would know who Steve Jobs was or even Donald Trump, who is a genius in his own right too!!!

scruffziller
05-23-2003, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by Deoxyribonucleic

Look at Einstein, he certainly was NOT rich and was looked upon as crazy, and look at his contributions to society, he is a genius of geniuses and had nowhere near the amount of money as an unedumacated actor such as Brad Pitt.

True, Einstein may not have focused his energy into monetary production but he became rich in the gratification of what he set out to accomplish and for that have been a genius.

Exhaust Port
05-23-2003, 10:49 PM
I think in certain circles a lot of the "genius" folks are known. I might not know those in the computer world as much as I know the science people. I wouldn't say that the public puts a higher value on the entertainers, it's just that those people are more accessable or universal. Putting Steven Hawkins on a stage would pointless. What he deals with is above the heads of 99.9% of us anyway. He has been very successful in his field monetarily. Heck he even made it on the Simpsons with a action figure on the horizon.

Jek Porky 2002
05-25-2003, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by The 'Xir
After they met and Sharon finally broke free from her daddy's little empire, they basically went from being flat broke to multi-millionaires!

First of all Ozzy was born not far from the town that I live in, and then moved here in the early days of his career. My Dad has drank with him, and he also invited my cousin to his house (my grandad drove them there!)

I am not lying!

Also some good friends of my family used to own Ozzy's local pub, which was pretty much in the same street as his and his first wife's house.

He was happily married and very wealthy, then Sharon moved in, and would not give up untill she had split Ozzy and his first wife up, and she did.

So they didn't actually go from being flat broke, she did, but Ozzy was already very rich indeed!!

I know that alot of you won't believe some of the things that I have said, but it is all true, I promise!!!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-25-2003, 01:24 PM
So anyway . . . is it Jake, or not?

scruffziller
05-25-2003, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL
So anyway . . . is it Jake, or not?

WOW way off topic we were.:D

Exhaust Port
05-25-2003, 05:45 PM
I'm putting my money on it not being Jake.

Deoxyribonucleic
05-26-2003, 05:37 PM
I STILL haven't seen the thing!!

LOL

:crazed:

RooJay
07-07-2003, 08:07 PM
I actually received a casting notice for this commercial. They were asking for people who were willing to stand in front of a camera and sing their favorite song. I was actually considering showing up and singing Me So Horny by Two Live Crew (not that it's my favorite at all, but just that I thought it would be funny to see myself on television singing that song).

Exhaust Port
07-08-2003, 01:28 AM
How about "Cop Killer" by Body Count (ie Ice T). I'm that would make it to air.

RooJay
07-08-2003, 01:48 AM
Yeah, when I mentioned it to my brother that one came up in our conversation also.