PDA

View Full Version : Any One Read-JEDI:Shaak Ti??

[DSS]Pedr0
05-18-2003, 05:01 PM
Damn Good Story, good start to finish.... i also got the Republic #53..i didnt like it as much as the other stories so far

Banthaholic
05-26-2003, 08:50 PM
I thought this was a great comic. It was nice to see the return of Quinlen Vos after a few issue hiatus. I also really enjoyed the artwork on Shaak Ti.

Tycho
05-27-2003, 03:21 PM
That's Jan Duursema, Star Wars' best artist!

I liked the Shaak-Ti story as well. John Ostrander (Star Wars' best writer) made her very believeable, as I too didn't see her as a huge warrior. She's the very capable, but subtley reluctant General.

Her handling of the killer that took the life of her padawan had a lot of depth to it, and showed Shaak to be a true devotee of the Jedi's way of peace. Shaak had a lot of things on almost too many levels for her to deal with on the Brentaal mission.

Brentaal was a good tie-in, too. Throughout Star Wars history, this has been a wealthy world, very important to the intergalactic banking clan. Rogue Squadron fought terribly hard to rip Brentaal away from the Empire - and they lost! That was the mission Sate Pestage was killed on, as well as when the Rogues lost Ibatisam, their lady Mon Calamari pilot.

Yeah, I love Quinlan, though he only played a small roll in this - it was a good one. I wondered how he was going to escape if the Jedi mission did not reach Brentaal. I assume his Force command would free him, and that would have been cool to see - Quinlan in the middle of a prison riot.

Speaking of which, Brentaal is a beautiful world, not at all like we saw it in this comic. The Clone Wars really devastated it. No wonder they were loyal to the Empire later. The whole world must've rebuilt under Palpatine's few deliverances he made good on towards his campaign supporters.

Finally, that Clone Trooper that went on the mission was seriously cool, eh?

[DSS]Pedr0
05-27-2003, 03:41 PM
Self-Sacrifice...now that is realism in a comic...i LOVED it

El Chuxter
05-30-2003, 01:16 PM
It wasn't bad, but I won't write home about it. A bit on the boring side for me. But maybe that's because I've always wondered if Shaak Ti is better at lightsaber combat or making balloon animals.

Darth Jax
06-01-2003, 07:16 PM
imagine brentaal was loyal to the empire because palpy picked the government. pick a member of the local population that can be manipulated/controlled and viola puppet government. realizing the importance brentaal has lying along the trade routes throw some assistance their way. finally give them a song and dance routine that provides them with a enemy (ie the rebellion) and they'll be loyal enough.

personally thought shaak-ti was okay. was good to see 'korto' vos again, hopefully he'll be given a figure of his own someday. although preferred mace.