PDA

View Full Version : Hey how about rereleasing some that did not recieve wide distribution

Droidlover
05-19-2003, 09:04 AM
Like Death Star Droid. Maybe I am just being selfish, but he saw a small distribution and is hard to come by. I need seveal man.

Piett
05-19-2003, 10:10 AM
Yestertoys.com has them for $9 mint, $8 non-mint, or a batch of 16 for $115.00. Their shipping is very good too. I just bought a bunch of stuff and only had to pay $5.80 for UPS. The site is slow sometimes, but i like them. They're easier then going to ebay.

http://sites.browsermanaged.com/folder6443/index.cfm?fuseaction=detail&id=47730&product=808

Dark Marble
05-19-2003, 10:19 AM
It would be nice to see some of the harder to find Episode I figures rereleased. Especially over figures that sat on pegs for a long time. But I have heard the new saga rereleases will be short packed and hard to get a hold of. I can't imagine paying big bucks to get the saga leia "new likeness" when you can still get the POTF2 version for 2 or 3 bucks. :rolleyes:

tgr3328
05-19-2003, 11:03 AM
Yes, Sio Bibble, Naboo Royal Guard, TC-14 & R2-B1 (we can always use more droids) from EP1.

As far as POTF2, the ones I have had the most trouble finding are the Cantina Band members, Motti, Ree Yees, and some of the exclusives.

Lman316
05-19-2003, 11:41 AM
They wouldn't do that because it's actually a wise decision... :rolleyes:

End...

bobafrett
05-19-2003, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by tgr3328
Yes, Sio Bibble, Naboo Royal Guard, TC-14 & R2-B1 (we can always use more droids) from EP1.

As far as POTF2, the ones I have had the most trouble finding are the Cantina Band members, Motti, Ree Yees, and some of the exclusives.

I thought the cantinia band members were a fan club exclusive from a while back. I managed to get the 6 band members, but they weren't carded. They were the same figure with 6 instruments.

I agree with having Sio Bibble rereleased. He is one of the most impressive EPI figures. I was lucky enough to get one.

tgr3328
05-19-2003, 04:17 PM
That one was an fan club exclusive, but there were also the Cantina Band two-packs. I think they were a Walmart exclusive. Anyway, they are one of the few POTF2 figures that I have had no luck finding.

Droidlover
05-19-2003, 04:59 PM
Really they have DSD for sale huh? I will check them out this evening. I really had only a slight problem getting any of the others I wanted at retail. I found a couple of R2 with holo Leia,TC14 and R2B1 figures, but I have never seen Sio, Amidalia with accension gun, Beast pack Han/TaunTaun,nor DSD at anywhere near retail. I am hoping the new Hoth Han is not hard to come by.

Jayspawn
05-21-2003, 11:25 AM
Here's what I would like to see rereleased...

Sio Bibble
TC-14
Naboo Royal Guard
Naboo Royal Security
R2-B1
Imperial Officer (re-rereleased)
Stormtrooper (COMMTECH)
Bantha w/ Tusken Raider
Eopie w/ Qui-Gon Jinn

Dar Basra
05-21-2003, 12:14 PM
Jayspawn ... is your signature meant to be humourous or accurate? I know it always seemed difficult to understand Moff Tarkin on that line, but I eventually came to the conclusion that he said "military target", which would make sense, as opposed to "literary", which does not. Though you may just be poking fun at Moff - I'm not sure. For all I know, Moff flubbed the line and even GL couldn't tell whether he said it correctly or not, and so left it alone.

tgr3328
05-21-2003, 12:20 PM
I always thought he said military, but maybe he wanted to blow up a library. After all, the Imperials seemed very fascist. Maybe book-burning was in their blood.

RooJay
05-22-2003, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by tgr3328
That one was an fan club exclusive, but there were also the Cantina Band two-packs. I think they were a Walmart exclusive. Anyway, they are one of the few POTF2 figures that I have had no luck finding.

Actually those were the Max Rebo band two-packs to which you refer; there were never any Cantina Band two-packs.

As for rereleases - I just want my frickin' Han Solo on Taun Taun. Not a Saga Hoth Han and a Luke Taun Taun from the new Hoth set, but an original Hoth Han on Taun Taun from the Beast Pack collection! Such an integral addition to our collectionms should have received much wider distribution the first time around.

By the way, exactly why is it that Hasbro goes through all the trouble (and spends all the money) to design, develop, sculpt, and tool an item like the Qui-Gon/Eopie set and then not even bother to release it the US?! Wouldn't they have made even a little bit more money if they had? Even if it was a limited number, or perhaps a Fan Club only kind of thing.

Jayspawn
05-24-2003, 09:27 AM
I would like to see the Scanning Crew Member get rereleased. He needs it.

Dar Basra, I've been wondering which work Tarkin says. Peter Custing that thick english accent. I'm gonna check the script.

RooJay
05-24-2003, 02:48 PM
He obviously says "military". I own the script; it says it there also. Besides, "literary" means 'relating to literature, writing, or the study of literature" and it wouldn't have made much sense for Tarkin to have wanted Leia to name some book passages that he could blow up.

jjreason
06-16-2003, 02:04 PM
It's military in the novelization, and only military makes any sense.

Here's what I would like to see rereleased on Saga cards, with wide enough distribution for all to find:

1. "Commtech" Stormtrooper - feel free to leave out the comm chip

2. Ep I R2B1

3. Ep I Amidal w Ascension Gun

4. POTJ Gungan Warrior

5. POTJ Coruscant Guard

6. Ep I Sio Bibble (for those that had a hard time)

7. Ep I TC14 (as above)

8. Ep I Naboo Royal Guard (again)

9. Ep I Swimming Jar Jar (again)

10. Ep I Pit Droids (yet again)

11. POTF2 Ishi Tib

12. POTF2 Piett

13. POTF2 Zuckuss

14. POTF2 Ree Yees

These were the figures I couldn't find up here in Canada and had to pay big bucks for, or still don't have. I can see rereleasing some core characters from the OT for kids who are just starting, but I hope they can add at least one or 2 of these harder to get characters for those of us not wanting to pay 20 bucks a pop on the auction sites.

tgr3328
06-16-2003, 02:53 PM
Don't forget Motti and Death Star Droid.

The Saga card would ensure that the carded collectors who own the rare figures would still have a something that can be distinquished from the re-release.

sith_killer_99
06-16-2003, 03:21 PM
He obviously says "military". I own the script; it says it there also. Besides, "literary" means 'relating to literature, writing, or the study of literature" and it wouldn't have made much sense for Tarkin to have wanted Leia to name some book passages that he could blow up.

Or maybe he was refering to an Author, Mr. Stackpole perhaps or Mr. Anderson.:D I wouldn't mind seeing one of those guy's blown up. hehehe..

JK, we can't all be Timothy Zahn.

But seriously, I am all for re-releasing those HTF figures along with some Imperial bad guys, gotta build that Army/Imperial Navy.;)