PDA

View Full Version : How has Hasbro's 2003 distribution affected you?

Tycho
05-19-2003, 08:19 PM
ON THIS POLL YOU CLICK ON AS MANY OPTIONS AS APPLY

If you've found nothing, don't vote, but complain below!

Let's face it. Most of us have not found everything we're looking for, and WHERE we want to buy it.

For the record, I have found:

Obi-Wan / Tyranus at Target.

Padme, Tusken, Jedi Droids, Imperial Officer (blonde), Rebel Trooper, Aayla Secura, Barriss Offee, and Lama Su were at Wal*Mart. I could still use 6 more Aayla figures for different scenes, and maybe 3 of Barriss, but they are no where to be found. They only hit there on 2 different days.

Anakin, R2, Boba Fett, and Mace Windu were at Wal*Mart and Target. Though I'd previously ordered the 8 Anakins I wanted from Yestertoys.

Han and Chewie were also at Wal*Mart and Target.

I've seen none of the new Deluxe Figures, or a Yoda with a Youngling.

So let's take a poll and see who's coming up with what, as well as who's short and angry about it.

Click on every wave where you've found at least something in it that you were looking for.

Rogue II
05-19-2003, 08:28 PM
I can't check any of those. The only 2003 figures I've seen have been Anakin/Dooku speeder bikes. So, I ordered 7 figures I needed from Kebco. My next order will be for Han and Chewbacca.

Thunder Mouse
05-19-2003, 08:42 PM
I also cant vote. You need to update it with a I found none of what I need. I cant find ANY of the new figures!

Tycho
05-19-2003, 08:50 PM
I can't add that option. This poll allows you to vote for several choices at the same time.

It's impossible for you to vote that you've found something and nothing at the same time.

I'll add to the original post that if you've found nothing, don't vote, and just post.

Darth Jax
05-19-2003, 08:56 PM
while i haven't found much from 03 at this point. i have come across the occasional fig. here and there. not having sw to spend my toy $$$ on has allowed me to expand my horizons and branch out into other fig. lines

Teeska Mon Eebon
05-19-2003, 09:05 PM
don't really want to click on one of those things because I've only found one thing out of a couple of them,

The Blonde Officer, 2 Rebel Troopers, and Ayla.

stillakid
05-19-2003, 09:19 PM
All I've "found" were the two speeders at Target. If it weren't for my KEBco shipments, that's all I'd have. I've seen nothing else new at retail for quite some time.

rogue_12
05-19-2003, 09:26 PM
i have found the obi, dooku, and the padme wave(even the variants..ie red hair fleet,blonde off.) aayla, bariss, boba(still need 2 more), anakin, and chewbacca(jacked up package). our wal-marts get stuff but someone on the inside is getting the good stuff. target has not seen the boba wave more than once. the deluxe fig's and yoda wave have yet to hit. i have more luck with lotr and motu than star wars because those lines are buyable for companies because "star wars is dead until the next movie" or that is what the worlds largest toy outlet tru thinks. if the buyers for these companies would read financial reports and sku counts they would see that star wars is the number one selling toy line and a huge market for their toy dept. seeing how the people that buy toys either for themselves or kids are adults...people with jobs and income!!!

daricksstarwars
05-19-2003, 09:38 PM
I have had to go to both walmarts that we have and the target as well. I have yet to find the Aayla, Barriss, Lama su, Amidala wedding, Blonde imp officer or the yoda. I have been fortunate to have the rest. I did have to bribe the walmart manager to hold the new case for me though! That helped

DarthChuckMc
05-19-2003, 10:42 PM
I order everything through NewForceComics, but I have seen Obi-Wan, Dooku, Padme, Tusken, SP droid, Anakin, Mace, R2, Boba, Teebo and Lama Su.
I've never seen Aayla, Barriss, Imperial Officer(s), Rebel Trooper(s), and Eeth Koth.
Ashla/Jempa and Yoda/Chian hit Orlando, but I think one guy around here got every case that came in.
I had to get the Tyranus/Anakin speederbikes from someone on SSG, never saw them 'round here. I lucked out and found (1) Clonetrooper deluxe, but I think that was before X-mas...I've never seen it again either. Same goes for the Screen Scene Trash Compactor sets. I have seen them twice, and only one set both times.
Things are really sucking at retail...thank the maker we have online guys to turn to.

plasticfetish
05-19-2003, 10:45 PM
Since I really don't "need" any of them, I'll just say that I've seen most everything I've wanted to see ... but in most cases only once. The things that I'm wanting to get a look at right now are the spider droid and then Yoda & Chian (when they start showing up.)

I've bought Tyranus, Jedi Droids, Boba Fett, Chewbacca and blonde Imperial Officer. I've passed on a few that I want, like the Tusken, Rebel Trooper and dark haired Imperial Officer because the cards were mangled. Most of the time the cards have been trashed. For the most part it seems that the Wal-Marts (not Target or KB) will get in one case, put it out and then it's all gone by the end of the day. We're even running out of Pilot Jangos and Coruscant Padmťs ... it's starting to look a little grim.

karinations
05-19-2003, 10:47 PM
I mean i know they didn't move as many AOTC figures as they would have liked but does that mean they should only make 4 of every figure from now on?

I mean c'mon this is silly.
I would be less surprised to find a 12 back Star Wars figure on the racks of my local Toys'r'Us/Wal-Mart/Target than a new 2003 one.
I bought all the 2003 ones i have (aside from 2)on E-Bay for 4x the cost.
That's what it's come to.
I found Tusken Raider and....waitaminute..that's the only one i found on the racks.
The new Dooku,Padme,Research Droids,Windu and R2 i bought off E-Bay.
For at least $10 each before shipping.
AT Least.
And im looking at pix of the new final duel Luke and the Anthony Daniels from the Outlander and im thinking..
I don't even have the 20 somehting other figures that are SUPPOSED to be out now and these guys are putting out more?
Plus all the CLone Wars stuff?
If they are only making these for Sansweet and Brian's Toy's well that's cool just let me know so i'm not running aorund like a f****** moron from store to store to store.
Hell $15 bucks a figure on E-Bay is a bargin when u factor in time and gas money.
HEY HASBRO!
I WANT TO GIVE YOU MY MONEY FOR YOUR LITTLE PLASTIC MEN THAT COST YOU 2 CENTS(and some Asian woman's pride)TO MAKE!
LET ME!!!
PUT THEM ON THE SHELVES!

-V-
http://www.citizenv.com
http://www.karinations.com

Obi-wedge
05-19-2003, 11:02 PM
Ive seen both Blue coat Han and Chewie at Target and WalMart. Obi wan and Tyrannus are at WalMart as well as Amidalia , Aayla, and Anakin. Have not seen hide nor hair of the speeders. No yoda to be found anywhere. (OKC, OK)

bobafrett
05-19-2003, 11:32 PM
I found most of the figures listed. I checked the box with the blonde Imperial officer, even though he is the only one in that group that I haven't found. The Wal-Mart nearest to my house tonight had several cases of the flying R2 wave, but I couldn't tell you exactly which wave it was. It did have the Boba Fett and Darth Tyrannus with lightning. I picked up a second Darth Tyrannus, but all the other figures I already had, or have on order already from an online retailer.

Bacta Man
05-19-2003, 11:44 PM
I Want to say thanks to Sir Steve & the Moderators who give us this site to air our gripes! At least your in to, even if Hasbro isn't! I have found some of the newer figs. but not enough to speak of. I am getting worried that I won't find the Anakin or Dooku speeders. Likewise the Obi-Wan & Jango Deluxe sets. And..... I would love to give Hasbro some money for the second wave of Cantina sets, if they would get serious about getting them out here!! And I don't want to buy them on line !!!!! I'm sick of that being the only option. I like the thrill of walking into a LOCAL store and finding new product!!! And I still think the shuttle is way over priced!!!

Brainiak76
05-19-2003, 11:49 PM
only seen one case of 03 col1 wv1 and thats it! it was last fri hopefully the drought in the bay area is over!!

JangoFart
05-20-2003, 12:03 AM
How about an option of "I haven't found a damn thing! (except at borderline illegal prices online)"?

Just curious....

J

jpak001
05-20-2003, 01:05 AM
It is a really rough year for SW collectors, that's for sure. We get teased by all these pics of great looking stuff, and nothing to be found in the stores (at least for me anyways....)....

I've only found the arena Padme/jedi droids wave (once), the speeders (twice) and the spider/SBD deluxe (once).... and that's it. I would buy a lot of the new stuff if I could find it at regular retail.

Ah well..... It seems ToyBiz and McFarlane are getting almost all of my collecting $$$ these days......

Tycho
05-20-2003, 01:34 AM
Are a lot of you turning to other toy lines?

Sometimes I feel money just burning a hole in my pocket when I can't find new Star Wars.

It's the "if I get a new toy it'll make me feel better (like I did something for myself besides work or study and pay bills)"

Typically, I've collected Star Trek since I got back into buying action figures period beginning in 1992 with Playmates Star Trek: The Next Generation figures - in part because I love Star Trek and then the action posed Riker and Worf looked more inspiring than my memories of the old Mego ones, but a lot of it was due to my fond memories of collecting vintage Star Wars. So that's where it got started - and it was only 3 more years after I begun collecting Trek that Star Wars returned at the hands of Hasbro.

So now Art Asylum's Star Trek, with new stuff few and far between, does still fit into the plan.

McFarlane's Terminator stuff had to come into play. I love the Terminator movies, and their figures, especially the endoskeleton and Sarah Conner, and to a large degree the T-1000, all just rocked. That collection can't get too large (though I bought 2 T-1000's to display him intact and blasted apart), so it'll be OK.

I've resisted getting their Aliens stuff so far, but I can hear it calling to me.

The clearance sale X-men figures at KB Toys are also tempting to put together a small but nice fighting collection.

Other than that, I scour the new GI Joes and other 3 3/4" lines looking for figures to fill my Star Wars backgrounds or cannibalize for body parts to make new Star Wars customs. Some of the Spy Kids stuff on clearance tempted me to look for parts to make Jaina and Jacen Solo. The little blonde girl is a perfect Tahiri Veila!

Some of the Ultimate Soldier X-Treme Detail line (3 3/4") also make for good extras, like freighter pilots hanging around Coruscant's entertainment district, though one is the spitting image of how I figure a young Grand Moff Tarkin would look.

But in the end, Hasbro would have all my dollars had only I found something with the Star Wars logo on it (that was on my want-list). They are losing out.

But it is that "I gotta get a toy today" thing (like I gotta have ice cream too, thing) that's driving the non-Hasbro spending. I'd go home happy if I could buy 6 more Aayla Securas or 2-3 Yodas with a Youngling!

plasticfetish
05-20-2003, 02:05 AM
Originally posted by karinations
I mean i know they didn't move as many AOTC figures as they would have liked but does that mean they should only make 4 of every figure from now on?
Hahahahahaha!

Originally posted by Tycho
Are a lot of you turning to other toy lines?
Following my buying orgy after Ep.1 I've become way more selective of Star Wars stuff anyway ... but yeah, "lucky" for me there's plenty of other things out there to snag the money that I don't have.

Originally posted by Tycho
I've resisted getting their Aliens stuff so far, but I can hear it calling to me.
Tycho ... Tycho ... Tycho ... please, come touch our boney exoskeleton ... we won't bite you.

roguematt7
05-20-2003, 02:17 AM
Nothing from that list has been released in my area... not one item from that list has been released in any toy department of any store anywhere near where I live. And it's not like they had them and sold out, they haven't gotten anything in since the repainted Yoda figure at the end of last year. I went to my local Toys R Us today and they had 2 (I kid you not, 2) figures, both were Padme.

skeeziks22
05-20-2003, 02:19 AM
I've seen most everything up here in Anchorage, but very little of it on store shelves. A friend of mine is pretty good at hitting the two local wal-marts when they bring out the stock for the night crew... when he sees something new he pretty much buys all they have, especially since that consists of only one or two cases lately. What I haven't seen, even on his shelves are Ashla and Jempa, Han and Chewie and the new deluxe figs, including the speeder bikes. Not having a Target up here and having all our K-Marts close really limits our search vessels.

Heck I had to have my brother find an Ephant Mon at a second hand toy store in Cincinatti... again, I think my friend got the only two to show up in Anchorage... I'm starting to buy up variants and rarer figs in other toy lines that I find to sell on e-bay so I can afford to buy star wars toys from on-line sources... not really happy with Hasbro (as are most of you it sounds)

Jedgar Sith Lord
05-20-2003, 03:02 AM
Anger and hatred are the paths to the darkside...
All I have to say is that hasbro's distribution sucks. The only figures I have enough of are the wave with r2, fett, mace, and anakin ceremony and that is only bc/ I will only buy the fett. The rest of the figures are lowsy scuplts and a waste of plastic.

Yet the Barriss Offee, Secura, Tyranus and all the others that I am still in need of, I haven't even seen on card, let alone in the stores. I am very disappointed in Hasbro...

Kidhuman
05-20-2003, 06:22 AM
I can't even vote because I have found nothing. Nothing has been released in my area. Hopefully this weekend when I check out a different area I will find some stuff.

Quite-Gone Jim
05-20-2003, 07:34 AM
I found the Obi-wan, Tyranus, Padme, Tuskin, Droids, and Anakin Wedding back in late February. Since that I've seen nothing. Everyone appears to be trying to clean house. Add to that that I've never seen an ephont mon.

My local TRU has four pegs of the Bespin Security Guard and Snaggletooth figure (what was his name) in the old POTJ packaging.

As far as turning to other toys, I'll have to say no. I started collecting the LOTR toys, but the figures are so few and far between, that I haven't found any new figures there for a month either. I have started pre-ordering the Armies of Middle Earth series, but I won't see those until June/July.

The only figures I see in any quantity at the stores are He-Man and the Hulk - and frankly I don't think they're worth buying.

Thunder Mouse
05-20-2003, 07:34 AM
Here in saint joseph missour things realy REALY REALY suck for star wars collectors. I became verry selective of what I want in star wars stuff before the episode 1 release, and went nuts over the ep 2 figures (mostly out of a fit of depression I was in). But, with how crappy the pickings are now, iv decided to get my figures ready for sale on ebay and cash out of the hasbro figure collecting. Ill probably still buy stuf for star wars, but the only figures that look interesting to me are the new luke and vader from ROTJ due out later, the new yoda with youngling, and the SHuttle wich costs way WAY too frekin much. Hasbro needs to realy straighten up the way they do things and so dose wally world and the rest of the retail outlets. or come episode 3, the line may have already frekin failed.

Mandalorian Candidat
05-20-2003, 10:17 AM
I'm fortunate that my wife looks out for new stuff whenever she goes to the store. Otherwise I'd have jack for 2003 stuff. She's found everything for me except the newest Dooku and the Tusken Raider.

I haven't even heard of the new deluxe sets listed above. I'm still looking for the deluxe clone trooper set to go with my republic cruiser.

darthcow
05-20-2003, 10:50 AM
I have only found the eeth, Tusken, Sp-4, ephant mon, ewok, rebel soldier, & the clone trooper speeder bike set.

I did manage to find a yoda deluxe for 5.99 on clearance at my local toyworks. Rather than this my 2003 collecting has been short. I will wait though at trying to find them at stores rather than buying them online. I refuse to pay more for a new figure than a vintage one.

Im glad the imperial shuttle is going out to new markets and not just an exclusive of one store. I hate exclusives....like wal-marts r2 & c-3po christmas exclusive, trash sets, and the 2nd wave of bar sets...... I ask where the he!! are they?????????? What about the slave leia unleashed figure? NEVER seen one, not even in a shopping cart on the way out the door.

The newest 12 inch I saw at toys r us is the leia with carbonite han that lights up... I think it was 39.99 though so i skipped it after lighting up all ten of the hans carbonites and laughing with my kids about it.

At least we have legos, they seem to have the idea on how to snag my money. Coming out with new sets all the time. Great job lego..... you need to lend out your marketing director to Hasbro. Maybe then Hasbro will control the amount a place can buy and distribute to the stores. Lets see we give Each wal-mart 500 figures from the first wave to sell at movie time and only 1 out of three figures for the non movie years. This way we will have shelf warmers. Then we as collectors wander why the line will die after the third movie comes out.

LusiferSam
05-20-2003, 11:54 AM
I think it was dumb luck (on the store's part) that I found Obi-Wan Acklay / Darth Tyrannus Lightning at Target one day. At this point I'm trying not to look for new item because how frustrating it is not finding anything. But I understand the retailer's point of view, its non movie year and they need to stock what going to sell. But it still doesn't make it easier for us SW collectors.

SNAYSON
05-20-2003, 12:06 PM
I DID NOT FIND ANY OF THESE FIGURES!!!!!!!!

blueswiz
05-20-2003, 12:31 PM
i've only found/seen one of each of the following: bariss, tusken, padme, trooper, officer and aayla. and that is it! i have only found these and haven't SEEN anymore than these six. no more aaylas, no more officers, nothing. i hit up the stores at LEAST twice a week, and i'm tired of it. it's dissapointing.

karinations
05-20-2003, 01:00 PM
Just did another sweep of the local stores this morning.
Wall MArt looks like they got some new stuff in.
New as in the assortment with the yellow clone trooper pilot and Aanakin Tusken Raider Ambush or whatever he's called.
Yeah that's "new" stuff.
Before this it was just rows and rows of Padme Coruscant and Nikto Jedi.
Kay-B isn't carrying ANY new figures as they are doing a buy one get one free promotion hot on the heels of their 50% off everything Star Wars sale.
I think the next step is giant bins in front of the store with a wooden sign that says FREE written in chalk on it.
To the untrained eye it would appear Kay-B is going to stop carrying them completely or something.
The figures they have are Nikto Jedi,JarJAr in a dress,that wave.
Funny thing is at the end of the isle they had the 4 packs for $7.99 of the same damn figures.
Target was full of Hoth accessory sets with that awful kit bash soldier.
Any one of us clowns could make a "new" figure like that.
Popping the head off one guy and putting it on another to make a new figure is something i used to joke about them doing.
.And suddenly....no one was laughing....
Other then him they had that Geonosian that comes with that pod of poo.
I resisted buying this abomination for the longest time because it just looked terrible.
Other than those two we had Padme Coruscant,Han Endor,Zam with the knock off arm,crap,crap,crap.
Toys'r'us had about oh...30 figures in all.
Padme Coruscant,Anakin Tusken Soup Knockover Action,Red CLone Trooper,crap,crap.
Tan WE!
It's like....Tan We...man.....
Wow...

SO in conclusion it's almost June and iv'e only found 1 2003 on the shelves and iv'e had to buy the other 5 i have online for diamond ring prices.
I think Hasbro just ships the 100 of every figure they now make to these online dochebag sotres,they seem to have an endless supply of whatever i want for 19.99($24.70 with shipping)each figure.
Eh...whatever more hookers and dope for me i guess.

-V-

darthzirock
05-20-2003, 01:10 PM
It's affected me to the point that i am utterly disgusted with trying to complete my collection by shopping in retail stores (I know, I know ... terribly 20th century of me!). But, I guess store buyers are more to blame than Hasbro, right?

I managed to score one apiece of Aayla Secura, Darth Tyranus, Mace Windu, Secret Ceremony Anakin, and Rocket Flight R2-D2 -- that's it! I'd love to have 2 more Darth Tyranuses and about 4 more Aaylas, but the only reason I have any of those figures at all it that the plastic blisters were slightly squished. The figures were completely undamaged, but the blisters weren't "mint." Well, I open my figures and display them, so a squished blister isn't a concern to me -- I'm not looking to horde these things in the ridiculous hope that 20 years from now I can sell them and put my kids through college!

I did manage to find 2 Droid Factory Padmes (and I opened both of them because I'm going to customize 1 as a female Jedi), and I've seen tons of Tatooine Ambush Tusken Raiders on the shelves (I picked up one -- all I wanted and need). Everything else listed, I've never seen, let alone had the chance to buy! Heck, I still don't have the Deluxe Yoda!

I've been collecting Star Wars since 1977 (Early Bird Certificate), and have never had as much trouble finding figures in stores as now. Of the Kenner vintage figures (1978-85), I have at least one of everything! Yet, I'm still missing at least one figure each from Episode I, POTF2, and POTJ.

I guess I'm going to admit defeat at long last and start ordering figures online ... an option I find as appealing as cleaning out a Rancor's lair with a beach shovel!

Maximillian Phokas
05-20-2003, 02:46 PM
I haven't found ANY of them by me! The TRUs and Walmarts still have the original AOTC lines from last summer decaying on the shelves. If I see a Lott Dodd or Royal Guard, I'll consider it a good day, even though I already have them.

I think there should be a poll of what we HAVEN'T found. Say, oh..... Ephant Mon???? I mean it's supposed to be a Fan Choice figure! We wanted this one produced! Anyone even see it outside eBay or the local Flea Market? Not around here! And I actually envy those of you who've said you found Aalya, Tyrannus, or the Jedi Droids. Nothing, and I mean NOTHING around here outside the first two waves!!! We still have shelves of Duros, Bespin Guards and Zuttons!!! At this point, I'm not sure who to blame: Hasbro or the retail stores, or both for such poor marketting strategies.

TheDarthVader
05-20-2003, 03:37 PM
I have found teebo, eeth koth, rebel trooper (red hair), padme droid chase, research droids, and tusken raider ambush. That is all! And I found those about a month ago. Nothing else new. :(

Tycho
05-20-2003, 04:11 PM
What do you think it is?

1) Hasbro: not having cases ready to ship to retailers, yet still sending them to smalltime dealers (like Brian's Toys, etc)

2) Retailers like Wal*Mart, Target, TRU, KB not ordering to their wherehouses right now, due to glut of older stuff.

3) Retailers like Wal*Mart, Target, TRU, KB not managing their wherehouse inventories correctly, and sending too much stuff to some of their locations, and few or none to other areas their stores are in?

4) Retailers like Wal*Mart, Target TRU, KB NOT inter-store dispersing over-inventories - for example, how the B-wing sat in piles at some Targets, while other collectors here complained that their Targets didn't get any. In other words, if Los Angeles is sold out, but San Diego's Targets have a glut of stuff, shouldn't Target (to be more profitable) ship THEIR OWN INVENTORY to other Target stores so that distribution is better managed at a regional level, and not store vs. store competition?

5) Hasbro (needing to make "x" amount of dollars by way of so many of each individual figure molded) forcing the currently released figures, like Lott Dodd, all out in consecutive case assortments? Maybe Lott should have been 1 per case, in every case for the rest of the year? Now since AAYLA SECURA is shipping at one per case, if Hasbro would garauntee she is released at one per case in every case until December, shouldn't we all get one, and not see her pegwarm? (I'd almost also bet that if Hasbro shipped Aayla at 4 per case, we'd start talking about her figure as if it were "Padme Pilot crap" - while Padme is an awesome figure a lot of us wanted before she was released in quantities that sat for a while.)

So if Hasbro slowed down their projections for getting fast returns on figure molds by way of dumping them out there, and instead concentrated on a steady flow for the year, then shouldn't the cases clear their retailers more easily and thus keep the line STEADILY selling, and distribution STEADILY continuing?

EXAMPLE (of how I'd have packed them):

These are not the real case assortments, but how I'd do 'em!

2003 CASES

C1#1

Yoda w. chair
Yoda w. chair
Destroyer (army builder)
Destroyer (army builder)
Obi-Wan Acklay
Obi-Wan Acklay
Dooku lightning
Dooku lightning
Gunship Pilot (army builder)
Padme Pilot
Jango Pilot

C1 # 2

Anakin cloak
Anakin cloak
Boba Fett
Boba Fett
R2D2
R2D2
Mace Windu
Mace Windu
Obi-Wan Acklay
Dooku Lightning
Destroyer (army builder)
Yoda w. chair

C1 # 3

Han Hoth
Han Hoth
Chewie Mynock
Chewie Mynock
Anakin Cloak
Boba Fett
R2D2
Mace Windu
Obi-Wan Acklay
Dooku Lightning
Destroyer (army builder)

C1# 4 (inventory clearer case)

Han Hoth
Chewie Mynock
Anakin Cloak
Boba Fett
R2D2
Mace Windu
Yoda w. chair (last case)
Destroyer (army builder - last case)
Gunship Pilot (army builder - last case)
Jango Pilot (last case)
Padme Pilot (last case)
Dooku Lightning

C1 # 5 (inventory clearer case)

Yoda w. Youngling
Yoda w. Youngling
Youngling 2 pack
Youngling 2 pack
Han Hoth
Chewie Mynock
Anakin Cloak
Boba Fett
R2D2
Mace Windu
Obi-Wan Acklay
Dooku Lightning (main villain, repreated last time here)

CLONE WARS case # 1

CW Anakin
CW Obi-Wan
CW Durge
CW Durge
CW Yoda
CW ARC Trooper
CW ARC Trooper
SAGA Yoda w. Youngling
SAGA Youngling 2-pack
Han Hoth (last case)
Chewie Mynock (last case)
Obi-Wan Acklay (last case repetition here)

CLONE WARS case # 2

CW Mace Windu
CW Kit Fisto
CW Ventress (Sith Witch)
CW Anakin
CW Anakin
CW Obi-Wan
CW Obi-Wan
CW Durge
CW Yoda
CW ARC Trooper
SAGA Yoda w. Youngling
SAGA Youngling 2-pack

CLONE WARS case # 3 (inventory clearer)

CW Mace Windu
CW Kit Fisto
CW Kit Fisto
CW Ventress (Sith Witch)
CW Ventress (Sith Witch)
CW Anakin
CW Obi-Wan
CW Durge
CW Yoda
CW ARC Trooper
SAGA Yoda w. Youngling (last case)
SAGA Youngling 2-pack (last case)

CLONE WARS case # 4 (inventory clearer)

CW Mace Windu
CW Mace Windu
CW Kit Fisto
CW Ventress (Sith Witch)
CW Anakin
CW Obi-Wan
CW Durge
CW Yoda
CW Yoda
CW ARC Trooper

Now I think it's been pretty close to that. Not sure though.

Collection 2 provides some more unique issues, as lesser known characters sell at slower rates.

C2 #1

Padme Droid
Padme Droid
Jedi Droids (more obscure)
Tusken Ambush (army builder)
Rebel Trooper (army builder)
Imperial Officer (army builder)
Eeth Koth
Teebo
Ephant Mon (high demand)

C2 #2

Aayla Secura
Bariss Offee
Lama Su
Blonde Imperial Officer (army builder)
2nd Rebel Fleet Trooper (army builder)
Padme Droid
Jedi Droids
Ephant Mon (high demand)
TEEBO (skip Eeth Koth)

C2 # 3

Coleman Trebor
Wat Tambler
Padme Wedding (main character)
Padme Wedding (main character)
Aayla Secura
Bariss Offee
Lama Su
Blonde Imperial Officer (army builder)
2nd Rebel Fleet Trooper (army builder)
Jedi Droids (not 2 per case in any case, skip Padme, Tusken)
Ephant Mon (high demand)
EETH KOTH (skip Teebo)

C2 #4 (no new figures, but a distribution catch-up)

Coleman Trebor
Wat Tambler
Padme Wedding
Aayla Secura
Bariss Offee
Lama Su
Ephant Mon (high demand)
Teebo
Eeth Koth
Padme Droid
Ki-Adi Mundi (last repeat)
Lott Dodd (last repeat)

C2 # 5 (no new figures, but somewhat of an army-builder catch-up)

Tusken Ambush
Tusken w. Massif (last repeat)
Imperial Officer
Blonde Imperial Officer
Rebel Trooper
2nd Rebel Trooper
Coleman Trebor
Wat Tambler
Teemto Pegules (last repeat)
Ephant Mon (last case for high demand figure)
Aayla Secura
Bariss Offee

Note I gave most figures 5 cases for Hasbro to clear their inventory in.

I gave army builders and high demand figures an extra shipment or 2.

I gave Yoda, or Anakin and other high variation figures a wider birth so that cases full of different versions of these characters weren't shipping on the eve of the Clone Wars assortments.

Maybe this would've straightened the cases out. I even let Hasbro clear their Teemto, Ki-Adi Mundis, and Lott Dodds, but in a careful, steady, but not overly-aggressive (destructive) manner, allowing the pegwarmers to move without stacking because they weren't shipped together.

I see no reason why we can't have figures like Lott Dodd (and Dauldry Dofine, Tey How, Mot Not Rab, and other obscurer characters) carded in the future, but their case distribution must be carefully monitored, and it just won't work the way Hasbro ships other figures like army builders or main cast members. I don't know how many years it's going to take for them to realize that!

DarthChuckMc
05-20-2003, 04:44 PM
Only one problem there Tycho....Yoda/Chian and Ashla/Jempa are Collection 2 not 1.....they're shipping with Aayla, Barriss, Lama Su, Red Battle Droid, Padme, Tusken and Sp droids.

Han and Chewie are shipping with Boba, Mace, R2, Ani, Obi and a Destroyer right now.

If they would just do a Collection 1 case and a Collection 2 case with 4 figures in each wave, 3 of each, and ship that case for say, 2 months at a time, they would probably give everyone a chance to get what they want.

Of course, they should save a couple of those cases back just in case, and if the figures are in demand, they can offer them to retailers again.

That would give everyone 2 months to find what they need, and then the next waves would be out.

They need to make sure that retailers are labeling BOTH Collection 1 and 2, and ordering them as such. My local Wal*Mart doesn't have Col. 1 and 2 tags, they have 10 peg tags that say "Jango Fett", which was a Col. 1 figure, so when they scan the tag to order more, they only wind up getting MORE Col. 1 and NO Col. 2 figures. Target is the same way.
Toy Department managers ain't gonna make the extra effort. They are only there to run a profitable department, and are not concerned with one toy line, but the department as a whole.....it sucks for us, and it makes it look like STAR WARS toys don't sell, because no one is buying their umpteenth Jango Pilot or Lott Dod to complete their collection.
Until distribution is changed, and retailers understand the difference between the 2 SKUs, we will NEVER see new figures, unless there is a sale and the warehouses are cleaning out to make room for NEW stock.

Jargo
05-20-2003, 05:11 PM
Hasbroken has been distributing in 2003? Wow. news to me. Where?

joe-da
05-20-2003, 05:14 PM
ummm... nope. Can't vote. There's no "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH I can't find anything" option.

dirtydroid
05-20-2003, 05:15 PM
There's no "None of the above". Things are VERY dry in the South!

Darth Metalmute
05-20-2003, 05:28 PM
There are 25 Darth Maul Saga figures, 15 Anakin Tuskin Attack, 10 Royal guard and a bunch of figures like Watto, Teemeto, fett pilot, mundi's and boba fetts in groups of 3-5 at my local toys r us. Haven't even seen anything form late 2002 or 2003 at all.
What sad is we have three toys r us in my city and no selection at all. the one even has AOTC preview figures!
I feel like buying up the remainder of the figures and then returning them after more figures arrive. Either that or hiding them through out the store. It is rediculous. Three weeks ago a Hasbro rep came to the store and said they were sending all the pegwarmers back and getting a new shippment. Yet they are still there! Ebay is too exspensive and untrustworthy, I don't know how many times I win a mint on mint condition and recieve crap.
Hasbro would make a lot more money if they just took personal orders.

JediTricks
05-20-2003, 05:48 PM
I can't vote because like so many others, I've found nothing of the 2003 Saga line. Nothing.
Nothing!
Nothing!
Nothing!
Nothing!
Nothing!

I even put this in my sig line (though in the future, I'm hoping it'll be gone):

Going on six months without findng any new Star Wars figures! It's totally ridiculous. Between Hasbro's incompetent shipping & case-packing and the retailers' lack of cohesive distribution, I am beginning to wonder if I'll ever see a 2003 figure on shelves. I'd worry about the future of the line if I had seen anything from it's recent past - as far as I can tell personally, the line ended with Yoda revisit and Destroyer Droid.

In general, I've been spending my other toy dollars on Lego, Gundam, and Transformers, but the TF line has started to fizzle as well. Bah humbug to Hasbro!

Battle Droid
05-20-2003, 05:59 PM
Haven't found any of those. :(

Turbowars
05-20-2003, 07:35 PM
The only way to find figures in the LA area JT is to go to the PR WM every morning and run with the bulls. I did it 2 times and then I said F it! It wasn't worth driving the 5 miles and having a feeling that I might beat the the crap out of someone for taking my toys, LOL. Anyways, I scored the Rehash and Padme wave about 3 months go and that was at a Target on a weekday at 3:30 pm, you just never know. I bought the Hoth Han wave from Entertainment Earth and thats how I buy my figure now. No more standing in front of TRU, WM, KB or any other store just to be let down. I have wave 11,12,13 and 14 on pre order from EE for 64.99 a case. No shipping just tax, I live veryclose to them. The extras are always easy to get rid of. It's the only way to go, since Hasbro and all the retails store scre wed up with EP2. You would have thought they would have remembered EP1.

Maximillian Phokas
05-20-2003, 07:57 PM
Turbowars, I admire your persistence of "running with the bulls", but like you said, after a while you just gotta F it and give up. I don't think this is the way we should have to go to get these figs. Why make some figures so rare you finally break down and look for it on eBay, the Flea Market, or some website, only to find out a few months later it finally is flooded into the market and ends up like Senator Jar Jars, Jango Fetts or C3-POs? By now, Hasbro should know that there is a dedicated customer base for their SW items, so why after all these years they still feel they have to put one per case of figures they think no one will buy? Bottom line, if you sell it, we'll buy it! Why not ship all figures equally? Again, as I stated earlier, why put only one Ephant Mon per case, WHEN IT WAS THE FAN'S CHOICE FIGURE?????? And why risk life and limb to get a simple action figure at 7 in the morning at TRU, or risk your weekly petty cash allowance to finally get what you want from a private dealer? It seems I'm not the only one caught in this predicament after reading some of your comments.

redfive41101
05-20-2003, 08:25 PM
In the words of that guy combing the desert in Spaceballs "We aint found s**t!"

Turbowars
05-20-2003, 08:39 PM
LOL, thats one of my favs Redfive! It's just so stupid I love it.

Figurestasher
05-20-2003, 09:25 PM
This whole Hasbro/Retail whatever problem is such a joke that keeps going on and on. Just go do what Turbowars does and you'll have all the figures you want or need or whatever. He's only had to explain it to this site a hundred times....or you can do what stillakid does from the kebcotoys, one of every figure club. Or you can do what I do and collect LOTR stuff instead... j/k, but I use Entertainmentearth and Kebco just as they do and I am happy and can get the stuff I wanna collect for a very fair price. I also do favors and get figures for friends so they may do the same for me one day rather than just thinkin about my own collection 100% of the time. Srcrew running with some inbred bulls.

JediTricks
05-20-2003, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by turbowars
The only way to find figures in the LA area JT is to go to the PR WM every morning and run with the bulls. I don't consider that an adequate situation, I'd rather quit collecting than resort to this ridiculous and oftentimes fruitless activity. I'm not mad at you for suggesting it, but I've been sick of that whole "we got enough for 4 collectors or 1 scalper in the last month" situation that comes with the SW distribution of late, if there's not enough to go around, then SEND MORE OF THIS PRODUCT!!! But instead, stores end up with mountains of Senator Jar Jar and 1 new case they received at 2 in the afternoon 2 thursdays ago that was gone in 15 minutes. Heaven forbid, I might have to go to school, or have a job to be at, or even possibly a friggin' LIFE to live rather than haunt my local retailers in case Hasbro decides to grace us with their paltry offerings. Man, I don't dare imagine if I was a kid trying to collect this line!!!

Anyway, I've already been burned on case-buying, I can't afford 'em and every time I try to set up getting rid of the extras, everybody drops out on me leaving me with the 2 figures from that case that I wanted costing me "only" $35 a piece, and a bunch of crap I didn't want which I can't even give away half the time.

I better stop posting in this thread for now, I'm coming very close to using words to describe the sheer lunacy of this situation that - as a moderator - I'd have to suspend myself for.

Dball
05-20-2003, 10:23 PM
I happen to be an employee at a Wal-Mart store. I dont work in the toy department, but I do stop by and see if there is anything new. The ONLY way they will get more figures in is if the ones that are put out are sold. If there are peg warmers that holds the whole process up. They are automatically ordered through the warehouse, so asking the manger will do no good. Once a full case is sold, then one will be ordered through the computer. So when people hide them or take them back, it messes with the inventory and then none are ordered. The only way my wal-mart has been getting any in is to send back the old figures to hasbro and have them send in new cases. And as we speak, the case is empty right now. I have seen just about every new figure there in the past few weeks, but in very limited quanitites. If they get 2 cases in, they are gone by noon. And yes they put them out in the morning when the truck comes in at night. So get there early. And for all who are wondering, I DO NOT scalp them and sell them on EBAY. Please let me know if you guys have any questions.

Figurestasher
05-20-2003, 10:50 PM
Yes I understand all that as I live near and shop at a WM to much....problem still remains with very limited quantities and pegwarmers.

Only solution I see that retail can do at this point is send back pegwarmers asap....like within a certain time frame like a week. If it doesn't get bought in a week send the crap back. This will allow a new shipment of cases for us to devour. This will also help get rid of the scalper problem unless the figures that keep coming in remain hot enough to scalp. If they keep coming in and are the same ones for a while the scalpers will stop until a new wave hits but this would give people a chance to get some figures at least. Also if a certain store is selling out fast with 2 cases then they should step it up to 4 cases and so on depending on demand. I 'm afraid scalpers will still be a problem a lot of the time though no matter what is done. Also if Hasbro doesn't want to take stuff back then they need to realize they are doing something wrong and fix it.

Jerjerrod
05-20-2003, 11:40 PM
2003? Is it really 2003 already? Interesting... :sur:

Distribution? What's that?

It's been so long since Canadian stores carried any Star Wars figures, I almost forgot what they were. So yes, it has affected my memory.

karinations
05-20-2003, 11:58 PM
>>as far as I can tell personally, the line ended with Yoda revisit and Destroyer Droid.<<

Pretty much yeah.

-V-

Mad Slanted Powers
05-21-2003, 12:46 AM
I've not had much luck at all until recently. Near the end of March, I found the Anakin and Dooku speeder bikes at Target. Then a couple weeks ago, I found Obi-Wan Acklay and Darth Tyranus at K-Mart. However, of the two Darth's available, one had a slightly crushed bubble and another had a loose piece of plastic inside the bubble. I didn't know if it had broken off of the figure or something. It looked like it might have been part of the lightning bolt, but I didn't see a similar piece on the other figure. I chose the one with the bad bubble instead.

Today I was at Target and found four figures. Lama Su, Barriss Offee, Imperial Officer and Red Battle Droid. I'll have to keep checking Target and K-Mart as they seem most likely to get new figures now. Wal-Mart and Toys R Us pretty much just have bunches of Jango Pilot and Coruscant Padme. KB closed recently, but there is one about a half hour south of here I could check out.

Now that I have finally seen 2003 figures, maybe more will be on the way in time.

plasticfetish
05-21-2003, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by Dball
The ONLY way they will get more figures in is if the ones that are put out are sold.
I have 4 Wal-Marts within a short distance of me ... the one just around the corner has 6 Pilot Jangos and that's it. I would consider that to be a pretty thin selection and I would think that it might be time for them to "get more figures in." I do know that on a few (2 or 3) occasions they have gotten in a handful of new figures (that's how I've gotten what I want) and those tend to vanish instantly. The total lack of any new figures on the pegs seems to suggest that demand is far greater than supply. If the problem really is that old figures "clogging the pegs" need to go away before new ones come in, then why don't the toy department managers simply mark the overstocked figures down to $1.99 and ditch them? Punch a hole in the card and move them out for a dollar, whatever it takes. I really don't think it's Wal-Mart or any other retailers fault, they're businesses and they want your money. I imagine that Hasbro is holding back on distribution for some reason.

Interestingly enough, I stopped by one of the 3 Targets near me and they've completely emptied their pegs. The Deluxe stuff is still there, but the standard figures (what little they had) are completely gone.

My current feeling is that once the kids (the ones that they're supposed to be making these toys for) get out for summer break, we'll see more newer figures. If I'm wrong, then I would begin to wonder if Hasbro isn't having some sort of financial or manufacturing problems that have held up production.

Quite-Gone Jim
05-21-2003, 07:18 AM
Just a thought on Hasbro and 2003 - Aren't all of the figures produced in China. With the SARS issue, that could be holding up figure availability. When that's under control, maybe we'll start to see new figures.

chrisc
05-21-2003, 09:27 AM
I enjoy walking into a store and finding what i want, but I cant seem to do that any more. This sucks really really bad. I have to get my figures off ebay for 3-6 times the price. Out of all the figures listed I can not find any in the store. I don't even have one. Anyone want to sell these for a resonable price!!!????????
I am slowly becoming less interested in star wars collecting because of this.

Hellboy
05-21-2003, 02:47 PM
I could only check 3 of the boxes but that is only because my job makes it easy for me to be at a few stores early in the morning. If I had to look for these things at any other time of the day like most of you I'd have near nothing as well. :frus:

I'm wondering if this stuff is ever going to be released in great enough quantities to satisfy all the collectors out there? I worry that with Hasbro starting their Clone Wars line and with the changes in plan for the Saga line we may never see these cases show up much. It reminds me of trying to find the Expanded Universe line while Hasbro took over and got ready for the Ep1 toys or when the Ep1 line transfered over to POTJ and the last few cases were way to hard to find.:mad:

JediCole
05-21-2003, 04:22 PM
Tycho,
Thank you for this poll, however it does assume that everyone out there has found at least something in any of the given choices. The sad truth is that Hasbro's 2003 distribution stinks! But I should say it may not all be Hasbro's fault. Given the excesses in stocking that many stores had in the early days of the Saga figures, it is of little wonder that they stock little to none today. But at the same time I can go into the "Just Found" threads and people all over the nation are finding many of these figures en masse at Wal Mart, Target, and TRU. It's not like they are finding them at chain stores that do not exist in my area. If you are going to make a poll of this kind in the future, please don't forget the unfortunate circumstance that so many of us face. Shelves packed with tons of figures from two to eight waves ago and nothing new on the horizon!

Maximillian Phokas
05-21-2003, 05:51 PM
Well it seems that I kind of started a "who's to blame" spinoff of this discussion (see a few threads above). I just came back from a huge TRU at Jersey Gardens by Newark Airport (formerly used to be an unofficial mob "dumping" ground") Normally this place has never let me down, and I was able to find not one but two Dooku's when the line first came out. What I found there was a big lot of nothing. I

t seems to be the case that stores will not order more unless their current stock is depleted, but all I found today were tons of Jango Pilots, Tattooine Attack Anakins, Obi Wan Pilots, Lott Dodds, Teemtos and Darth Mauls. Probably with the exception of Teemto, these are what I call the practically "useless" figures because unless your a completist (and I gave that up long ago), you're not that interested in Jango Pilots unless you have Slave 1, or Obi Wan Pilots unless you have a Jedi Starfighter because they're not really all that good for anything else. The problem is that the figures were stacked a mile deep - you know, where the slightest touch knocks four figures on the ground. With that in mind, it's no wonder we're not seeing any of the newer lines. It's not the retailer's fault if one thinks of restocking shelves. Most likely, the average TRU, Walmart or Target supplier doesn't know of the newer waves. He or she is only interested in ordering new shipments once the old ones are gone. With so many pegwarmers, inventory is not moving, and thus the newer waves, or the figure we want from previous waves are becoming increasingly hard to find.

I do remember a number of years back when Walmart was just starting to crop up here in the North there were smaller stocks of SW figures - like right before Episode 1 came out. Smaller inventory meant greater likelihood of figures clearing shelves and newer figures replacing them. Bottom line: supply equalled demand. I think the big problem started just before Episode 1, when stores bought figures in bulk expecting huge sales, but after the first few days, whatever was left, was left there indefinately. The same thing happened just before Episode 2. So we have more supply than demand at all these stores, and leftover products traffic-jamming newer figures that would otherwise be on the shelves. Walmart did a smart thing a few months back by getting rid of their pegwarmers, but made the same mistake by replenishing their stocks with the same amount of figures which have become a new round of pegwarmers. Ironicaly then, we may have been able to find more stuff if the retail stores supplied less of it! :)

Turbowars
05-21-2003, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by JediTricks
I don't consider that an adequate situation, I'd rather quit collecting than resort to this ridiculous and oftentimes fruitless activity. I'm not mad at you for suggesting it,
I didn't say it was adequate, I meant it as a joke, but it is true, I have seen it with my own eyes, Stasher knows just as well as I do. As for case buying, there is always someone here or on RS tradelist that wants my extras. You just have to make an effort on getting rid of them. It makes me feel good to help others out. In fact I'm going to EE tomorrow to pick up my wave 12 case. I guess it's the yoda and kids case. I can't wait. My wife has been bugging me about those jedi kids, I guess she get my extra on that one.

JediTricks
05-21-2003, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by Quite-Gone Jim
Just a thought on Hasbro and 2003 - Aren't all of the figures produced in China. With the SARS issue, that could be holding up figure availability. When that's under control, maybe we'll start to see new figures. A friend of mine works in inbound shipping here in LA, not SW unfortunately, but a lot of stuff from China, and this doesn't seem to be the case.

Turbo, I've seen it as well, I even did a few weeks worth of test runs a few years ago to see how it worked out... it worked out very poorly actually - less than 3 substantial finds in all that time. Nothing like running with a bunch of Hot Wheels collectors only to be faced with the same dusty pegwarmers you saw the last 5 times you did this. Me and a buddy used to drive waaaaaaaay out to the nearest 24 hour WM (basically, a 100-mile round trip for figs) to get figs when they were being put out at night, but this got too popular and then they stopped stocking at night.

As for cases, I've been burned 3 times leaving me with over $100 in stuff I cannot find reasonable trades or buyers for, I still have a bunch of POTF2 and POTJ figs somewhere awaiting the day someone will either enjoy them or melt them down.

Darthpadawan
05-21-2003, 07:20 PM
I live in the Bay Area and all Iíve found are the new Mace and Yoda sabers. Itís not like I havenít been looking. Iíve checked Toys R Us, KB toys, Wal-mart, and Target. It sounds like my situation is the same as most. So why are we putting up with this? Even Lucas fears star wars fans in mass numbers, so why are we giving Hasbro all the power. I know this site supports online retailers, but like many I canít afford to spend almost double the in store price for these figures. There are a lot of people who support this site, I say we take our combined voices to Hasbro and make some changes happen.

Turbowars
05-21-2003, 07:21 PM
You got to love those wonderful Hot Wheel guys JT.

DarkArtist
05-21-2003, 07:25 PM
I've been able to find Boba Fett, Han Solo Hoth, Anakin Skywalker Secret Ceremony, Mace Windu, R2-D2, Obi Wan, Darth Tryanus, Padme Amidala Droid Factory,Tuskan Raider, Rebel Trooper and Imperial Officer now blonde hair.

Figurestasher
05-21-2003, 07:59 PM
Turbo I will see you there at EE (maybe) I ordered 2 cases of wave 12 and they told me to come and get them today. Oh wait I might cancel the order and spend the whole day and weekend looking for them in retail instead...yeah FREAKIN RIGHT!!!! LOL

You know what piisses me off most about those hot wheel chumps is when they dont find their stupid treasure hunts they come on in elbowing into the SW or LOTR section to find something hot to scalp for hot wheels. I thinkI should do that to them but intsead crumple the treasure hunt in my hand..muaaahahaha. Wait I dont ever go to stores in the morning anymore so nevermind..but if I still did I'd do it if I caught them pulling that stuff.

gibbyhayes
05-21-2003, 11:24 PM
I'm so ashamed of my recent finds. All I've been able to brag about for the past few months is finally finding Bo Shek, and they had like 20 of him...
Sigh...

jjreason
05-21-2003, 11:34 PM
THere is nothing in Canada anywhere, and there hasn't been for months. We've really been left so far behind this time, it's scary. If there weren't Kebco type places, we'd be begging you Yanks to help or giving up. I can see griping if you haven't found anything near you for a while, but MY ENTIRE COUNTRY CAN'T EVEN GET CLONETROOPER PILOTS FOR CHRIST'S SAKE, LET ALONE ANY ANY!!!!! FIGURES FROM 2003!!!!!.

It's ridiculous.

ChrsRaleigh
05-22-2003, 08:29 AM
I have not found a damn thing. Bought a case from Entertainment Earth to split with a buddy. Still missing a ton of stuff though

darthcow
05-22-2003, 11:33 AM
went out yesterday to find nothing...... MEIJEIR's had nothing, not 1 ....3/34inch figure in any store. i stopped at three of them. Two wal-marts and only few peg warmers from the fist wave a year ago. 1 k-mart and they still had preview figures and that was that. The only new things I found belonged to LEGO so more power to them.

I hate exclusives, but here is one for Hasbro, how about having an exclusive for fans. let us buy from you(hasbro) direct on some figures and say to heck with the retailers. I hate looking anymre for the same reasons as everyone else. Very rarely do i find anything anymore. ordering on the net is the way to go at least then you can save all the trouble of driving around.

jedi-cpa
05-22-2003, 12:56 PM
And it is getting a bit frustrating.

mdarthham
05-22-2003, 03:38 PM
I found all the figs at walmart except dooku.The delux figs I found were at target ( spider droid,super battle droid )by the way my kids have fun playing w/ the playdoh delux droid,so who cares if the box is damaged open and play, you might not get a second chance to find them. good luck finding,and remember dont support the second hand markets. They are the ones making it hard to find the figs, by having people by whole boxes and selling it to us suckers for high $$$.Its the kids that matter

RooJay
05-22-2003, 03:52 PM
I was not able to vote in the poll since I haven't found ANYTHING and it would not let me submit without checking any of the boxes.:dead:

This all seems really sad, and is quite frustrating especially considering that I frequent no fewer than SIX different Target stores, no fewer than FOUR different Wal Marts, no fewer than THREE different TRUs, no fewer than THREE different KB Toy Stores, and perhaps a half a dozen or so other stores that carry Star Wars toys. That's more than sixteen stores that I regularly visit specifically looking for 2003 Star Wars product that have nothing more than a handful of older (second Saga wave) pegwarmers if anything.
How can Hasbro make any money off of us if there is NO PRODUCT ON THE SHELVES?!! This is getting beyond ludicrous!:frus: :mad: :crazed: :stupid:
Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Playmates manage to successfully kill off it's own Star Trek line when they started to fail - purposely so in some instances (as it's beginning to seem Hasbro is doing with the Star Wars line) - to get product into the hands of the consumers and fans started getting so frustrated that they began dumping their entire collections? How does this make any kind of sense?!

Bob_Sacamano
05-22-2003, 03:52 PM
I still haven't been able to find Ephant Mon, Clone Trooper Pilot, Jango Pilot, Anakin and Dooku Speeders, and Clone Trooper Speeder :(
The newest ones that I've been able to find are: Bariss Offee, Library droids, Aayla Secura, Padme Droid Factory, and Lama Su. Unfortunatley, I was only able to buy two of those at the time I spotted them at Wal-Mart.

BTW, this is my first post here.

-Bob Sacamano

Dago-BAH
05-22-2003, 11:15 PM
I've been voting for a while on these poles, but I've never posted anything. However, this time I'm complelled because I haven't gotten anything new since Christmas! In every store in Gainesville, Florida, (Toys R Us, 2 WalMarts, 2 K-Marts, Media Play, Target, and more) there is appoximately 3-8 old figures, half are usually greenback cards, sitting on the shelf as a monument to how sad these stores are. There is a horrible distribution problem around here right now, and I'm in withdrawal. It at a point where it's not even worth looking for new figures, because I'm 100% sure they won't be there. I've never been so frustrated and hopeless about collecting in my life. HELP ME PLZ!

Sincerely,
Dago-BAH

Lyet
05-23-2003, 08:59 AM
I could not vote due to having NOTHING listed on there....but there is hope. A brand new build from the ground up Target is opening in my town next month. Hopefully it isn't a dump where they sent a bunch of cast-off pegwarmers.

vadersvette
05-23-2003, 07:11 PM
I live in the Akron Ohio area and have found nothing! All I've found is the Yoda Lightsaber(about a million of them). But last week, when I was in the Cleveland area, I passed a new Wal-Mart, so I went back and checked it out, and found 4 2003 figures: Obi-Wan, Tyranus, Windu, and R2-D2. Since then, I've seen nothing but left over Lott Dod's and Tuskins with Massiffs. My Toys R Us still has POTJ figures! hmm... :frus:
still, I'm determined to find them. I just want 1 of each fig, for christ's sake!:cry:

RooJay
05-24-2003, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by Lyet
I could not vote due to having NOTHING listed on there....but there is hope. A brand new build from the ground up Target is opening in my town next month. Hopefully it isn't a dump where they sent a bunch of cast-off pegwarmers.

I hate to crush your hopes, but as someone who has spent a good deal of time in the retail industry and has actually set up several new stores for opening I can tell you that this is standard practice in the industry. New stores usually end up getting a lot of older merchandise that hadn't been sold at the other stores in the chain. This helps these retail chains to save money by redistributing stagnant stock on hand rather than causing them to buy brand new merchandise from distributors to fill the new locations. Maybe you'll get lucky though! I'll keep you in my prayers.;) :D

Kidhuman
05-24-2003, 04:02 PM
I went to 5 different stores today. I found a few older figures I needed but nothing from 2003. The Target had and I am not kidding, 30 Orn Fre Ta's, 5 Padme Arenas, and 1 Shaak Ti. They also had about 15 Hoth accessory sets as well.

plasticfetish
05-24-2003, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by RooJay
I hate to crush your hopes, but ... new stores usually end up getting a lot of older merchandise that hadn't been sold at the other stores in the chain.
Seems to be true. Most of the time I'll see tham have a bunch of great new stuff right at opening (to perk interest) and then once that's gone, it's back to the same old same old.

They're opening one of those big 2 story Targets near me pretty soon ... will be interesting to see how it works out.

InsaneJediGirl
05-26-2003, 08:58 AM
I've only found the Padme and Flying R2 in stores.:( WM has even ran out of the pegwarmers,so only a few Destroyer Droids and a Jango Fett sit on the shelves.

I am also getting frustrated with the line,however,Dark Horse is getting all the money Hasbro used to get from me.Buying SW Books/Comics is common place for me now.At least Dark Horse knows to ship their stuff on time :mad:

sith_killer_99
05-26-2003, 12:36 PM
Well, now I am seriously depressed, seeing how far behind I am.:cry:

All of these waves have seriously hit stores?!?!?

Well, Obi-Wan seems to be on his way to pegwarming.

I have found Obi-Wan (passed), Darth Tyranus, Mace (should have passed), Anakin Secret Ceremony, R2-D2 and Fett (wish I had another one to open).

Hasbro's distribution is about to drive me to Kebco.

tagmac
05-26-2003, 04:49 PM
Two weeks ago, the Target by me still had a bunch of the Yoda/Dooku and Bespin waves from last year. This weekend, the pegs were completely empty. There were still some delux figs, and the pegs were still labeled, so I'm wondering if they're getting ready for the new figures to come in. Not that it matters - I already pre-ordered them at KebCo, and can't cancell, but no matter. It's possible they had the figures in and they all went, thus leaving the pegs empty. Only time will tell, but it is the first evidence I've seen of something changing. They DID have several of the Yoda lightsaber, although I passed on it.

sith_killer_99
05-26-2003, 06:18 PM
Well, no sooner did I post a complaint about needing a Fett to open, when low and behold I find a new case (or 2) of the Fett Wave at my local Wal-Mart. Will wonders never cease?

I wish I had Jedi Droids (carded and loose), Aayla Secura, Bariss Ofee, Lama Su, Han Hoth, Chewbacca Mynock Hunt, 6 of each Imperial Officer, and 6 of each Rebel Fleet Trooper.

It's worth a try?!?!:D

Mad Slanted Powers
05-26-2003, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by tagmac
Two weeks ago, the Target by me still had a bunch of the Yoda/Dooku and Bespin waves from last year. This weekend, the pegs were completely empty. There were still some delux figs, and the pegs were still labeled, so I'm wondering if they're getting ready for the new figures to come in. Not that it matters - I already pre-ordered them at KebCo, and can't cancell, but no matter. It's possible they had the figures in and they all went, thus leaving the pegs empty. Only time will tell, but it is the first evidence I've seen of something changing. They DID have several of the Yoda lightsaber, although I passed on it.

Sounds like the Target here. They had a few each of Teemto, Lott Dodd, and Tusken with Massiff. They also had Endor Soldier Shaved, Watto and Djas Puhr. Then last Tuesday I found a Barriss Offee, Lama Su, Red Battle Droid and Imperial Officer. The other figures were still there, but two days later only a few of the accessory sets remained. I've checked a couple times since then and still nothing. I did find some LOTR figures there today though - Gollum, Theoden in armor and Sam in Mordor.

Dr Zoltar
05-27-2003, 02:58 PM
I received some info this past weekend from someone that works as Hasbro, but please remember it's still a rumour. But I believe in other threads and posts people have figured this out.

The recent glut of figures is two fold -- yes, the retailers have cut back on ordering new shipments because the ones from last year didn't sell as much as they had hoped. Add to this that Hasbro is shipping less (and quite possibly making less) so that they don't totally alienate the major retailers of the figures. Hasbro did hire all new personnel for the department in charge of selling to retailers/shipping the stuff/etc. and they may be doing damage control at this point.

My best guess is that they are shipping one or two new cases to retailers at a time. That way when they sell out the stores can order more if they chose and not get stuck with so many pegwarmers. This may be why we're beginning to see full cases of one of each figure. I personally don't think some of the newer figures will be that hard to find given time.

Anyways, take this worth a grain of salt if you wish...

Turbowars
05-27-2003, 06:20 PM
So you are saying that Hasbro is shipping full cases of one figure? I know, take it a grain of salt.

Dr Zoltar
05-27-2003, 06:35 PM
Oops! No, I meant a case of twelve figures where there are no duplicates. I believe wave 11 is like this. Just check EE...

Figurestasher
05-31-2003, 01:46 AM
EE sucks. I used to think they were a good solution to finding 2003 figures and I even posted it on this thread like an idiot, but they suck and they don't understand the words Mint Condition. I am going back to retail to collect figures and if I dont find any SW figs then at least i'll stumble upon some LOTR, Matrix, or Movie Maniacs stuff instead. I've made friends w/ a Hasbro rep and have got some good info from him so I am changing my startegy and hopefully I will come across some new SW stuff to collect and share with people.

karinations
05-31-2003, 02:07 AM
>>I am also getting frustrated with the line,however,Dark Horse is getting all the money Hasbro used to get from me.Buying SW Books/Comics is common place for me now<<

Yeah all my cash is now going to the comics & the Card Game.
Actually Hasbro owns the company that makes the card game so i guess they are still getting my money.

-V-

Turbowars
05-31-2003, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by Figurestasher
EE sucks. I used to think they were a good solution to finding 2003 figures and I even posted it on this thread like an idiot, but they suck and they don't understand the words Mint Condition.
Yeah Stasher and I have had to learn the hard way with EE. We both live pretty close to their store, so we don't have to pay shipping how ever it's true they don't know what MINT means. It seems that in Hong Kong (EE was told) Hasbro had a problem with wave 12 with and had to reopen all the case at the factory and put some bar codes on about 1/2 the figures in the case. With doing this, all the cards and bubbles were destroyed. I'm not taking about 1 or 2 figures being bent or creased I'm talking about every single one. I have been to EE 2 times in a week to go through cases to find them C5. Now this is the first time to happen with them. I picked up the hoth Han wave in Mit condition, so maybe EE is telling me the truth. Who knows, but I will still wait in see when they call be to pick up the next wave.

Dr Zoltar
05-31-2003, 10:53 PM
I've never had a problem with EE before. Everything they sent me that they promised mint was mint. You better believe I'll be calling their customer service if my pre-ordered figs show up with really dented cards or crushed bubbles. I guess I'll have to wait and see.

RooJay
06-02-2003, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by turbowars
Yeah Stasher and I have had to learn the hard way with EE. We both live pretty close to their store, so we don't have to pay shipping how ever it's true they don't know what MINT means. It seems that in Hong Kong (EE was told) Hasbro had a problem with wave 12 with and had to reopen all the case at the factory and put some bar codes on about 1/2 the figures in the case. With doing this, all the cards and bubbles were destroyed. I'm not taking about 1 or 2 figures being bent or creased I'm talking about every single one. I have been to EE 2 times in a week to go through cases to find them C5. Now this is the first time to happen with them. I picked up the hoth Han wave in Mit condition, so maybe EE is telling me the truth. Who knows, but I will still wait in see when they call be to pick up the next wave.

Cool! Hopefully that means there will be a few left on the pegs for me to find when the hoarders and scalpers pass on the damaged cards! Doesn't matter to me since I purposely damage all my cards anyway to get to the good stuff on the inside!

karinations
06-02-2003, 03:27 PM
>>Doesn't matter to me since I purposely damage all my cards anyway to get to the good stuff on the inside!<<

Yeah me too.
I just got (finally) Sio Bibble.
I got him on Ebay and he came in todays mail.
I pulled him out of the bomb proof box packed with those horrid styrofome peanuts,looked him over once in his unpunched(!) mint card and then tore the bubble right off,took out his gun and com talker stand and then chucked him into the giant pile of figures to be looked at again only very rarely.

I love collecting.

-V-

Turbowars
06-02-2003, 07:31 PM
WOW you guys are cool:)

jedi master sal
06-04-2003, 03:46 PM
I've found Obi-Wan Acklay, Darth Tyrannus Lightning, Padme Droid Factory, Tusken, Jedi Droids, Imp Officer (both variants), Anakin, R2-D2, and Boba Fett, Aayla Secura, Bariss Offee, and Lama Su.
I still need of Han Hoth, Mynock Hunt Chewbacca, Deluxe Rain Fight Obi-Wan, Jango Fett, Deluxe Spider Droid, Super Battle Droid.

I've seen both Mace and Han Hoth. I didn't get Mace because IMO the figure sucks. The Han hoth had a bad scrape on the face that wasn't supposed to be there and I collect for the best paint job, so I passed him up as well. (Actually, I got him for a friend of mine who doesn't mind the condition of the fig as much as the card itself. And he got that Mace to that I mentioned.)

I do agree though that times have been extremely tough. were it not for an in with a certain Wal*Mart employee that I know I would not have gotten:

Padme Droid Factory, Jedi Droids, Anakin, R2-D2, Aayla Secura, Bariss Offee, and Lama Su. (Those I never saw at retail, but he held them for me and called me when they came in and I picked them up that night.) Kudos! to da man at Wal*Mart!

For me this is getting very ridiculous. I now have a "Hunting" schedule for toys! Every Monday, Thursday and Saturday I check my immediate area then on Wednesdays there's a mall about 15 miles west that I check all of the retail stores around there. Then every Friday I go about 10-15 miles north of me to check not 1 but three different malls and their subsequent retail shops in those areas. Every two weeks or so I take a "Grand Run" and travel all of south western Pennsylvania, tacking on about 200 miles to my truck then.

Boy, I wish I could charge Hasbro for all the gas that's been WASTED looking for new stuff. (And I've actually found some stuff) I feel real bad for you guys who haven't found ANYTHING!

I wish you all the best in your respective areas and we can only hope that the DROUGHT will end soon.
My thoery is that Hasbro is waiting for school to get out so that kids can have a fair crack at getting to the new stuff too. (Instead of just us collectors.)

RooJay
06-05-2003, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by jedi master sal
(Actually, I got him for a friend of mine who doesn't mind the condition of the fig as much as the card itself. And he got that Mace to that I mentioned.)

No offense to you or your friend, but I have to say that that's just about the craziest thing I've ever heard.:crazed: Buying the figures just to collect those awesome cardbacks!

If I went to TRU today and found Aayla Secura hanging off a peg in a used sandwich bag, I would not hesitate to buy her at full retail price. I suppose it's all about perspective...

plasticfetish
06-05-2003, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by RooJay
If I went to TRU today and found Aayla Secura hanging off a peg in a used sandwich bag, I would not hesitate to buy her at full retail price.
The actress or the action figure?

Dr Zoltar
06-05-2003, 03:18 PM
Strangest find in Wal-Mart and Target today. Both have just restocked with 2002 figs: Clone Trooper, Clone pilot, Yoda, Lott Dodd, and Destroyer Droid. Here I am thinking that the pegs were cleared to put out the new 2003 stuff and this is what they stock. What the heck is going on?

Figurestasher
06-06-2003, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by Dr Zoltar
Strangest find in Wal-Mart and Target today. Both have just restocked with 2002 figs: Clone Trooper, Clone pilot, Yoda, Lott Dodd, and Destroyer Droid. Here I am thinking that the pegs were cleared to put out the new 2003 stuff and this is what they stock. What the heck is going on?

My local WM has been getting that same crap too..over and over..and once in a blue moon a new case of the new wave. The reason is Hasbro is just got their head up their *** as usuall. I have been checking stores a lot as of late and I can find everything easily except SW 2003 basic figures. When i do find these they are usually all messed up or in a small quantity. The only other figures that have been a little tough to find is all the Matrix reloaded...otherwise SW figs are the most trouble to find and collect mint. I'm afraid Hasbro has taken the fun outa of it.

jedi master sal
06-09-2003, 05:43 PM
You can blame low pre-orders.

Since retailers had a chance to preview toys at Toyfair in February and again at Hasbro's "secret" showing, pre-orders have been coming in, but very low in numbers. Part of the reason for that is: the overstocking of retailers and the overproduction of certain waves of figures and other Star Wars toys by Hasbro. Now that a few months have gone by, there has been plenty of outcry from not just kids and collectors but retailers as well and Hasbro is very aware of it's production blunder. It will take a little more time but new waves of figures will be showing up at retail in the near future.

(This is a shame because it appears that there is declining interest in the line, when that can't be farther from the truth.) You think that Hasbro AND retailers would have learned from the previous, Episode I, line, but apparently in a mood of greed, all major retailers did not want to be "left behind" in sales and again ordered in droves.

This information came to me from a recent friend of mine who is in the business of purchasing. Where specifically he got the information mentioned above, I don't know. He does have a masters degree (MBA=Master of Business Administration) and a very good job in business as well, so I know he's on the up and up. I told him about the problem with Hasbro and he said he'd look into it if he had the time, and apparently he did. When I told him that I wanted to pass this information along to SirSteve's (I explained to him what that was) all he asked was to keep his name private. (I guess it has something to do with business, so I don't want to cause trouble for him, but I hope this info helps.)

So let's hope that this is one sign, that not only will the new waves be showing up soon, but that Hasbro itself will reexamine it's production, ordering and distribution policies.

Figurestasher
06-09-2003, 10:33 PM
Well that makes perfect sense to me as I have a BS in Business. I didn't realize retailers could pre-order figures way ahead of time. It sounds like Hasbro's production and distribution got caught in a lag and only time and patience is going to get them back to equilibrium, basically the point where supply meets demand. This probably explains why I saw the old Clone Pilot wave at 3 different Targets today.

RooJay
06-10-2003, 01:29 PM
Oddly enough, none of the many stores in my area have ever been lacking those waves of figures. The problem here has always been, and continues to be, with all of the 2003 merchandise.

On a better note, I did see the exclusive Imperial Forces multi-pack at TRU this morning. It looks much better than I had thought, and I really wish I'd had the 20 bucks to spend on it! The Darth Vader is just another Vader, the Stormtrooper looks a bit cheaper made than the original Commtech trooper, but one can always use more filler troops, the face on the AT-ST driver is a tad on the goofy side, but other than that he's pretty awesome, and the R4 droid is wicked cool! Even the Interrogation Droid seems to be a new sculpt, and certainly appears more accurately scaled than the previous version; although, the mouse droid is still apparently on some kind of steroid kick.

Turbowars
06-10-2003, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by Figurestasher
Well that makes perfect sense to me as I have a BS in Business.

BS in Business huh? Yeah, I'd say you are full of BS. Man gets a degree and he thinks he's god. J/K bro :crazed:

Figurestasher
06-10-2003, 06:17 PM
BS....You better watch it or I'll give your number to those two guys at Target...lol

Turbowars
06-10-2003, 06:25 PM
LOL, you mean those 2 G_y guys, no thanks Mr college grad.... I didn't use it in a bad way did I?

Figurestasher
06-10-2003, 06:34 PM
I nominate you to be banned Mr. Turbiewars, as you have gone too far this time. Mainly for making fun of us recent hardworking graduate students. ;)

And those guys were just happy to be working at Target..wouldn't you be happy and g*y to be working at Target? You'd get to find SW figs for you and I....lol

bigbarada
06-17-2003, 11:48 PM
For me, Hasbro's distribution has been so bad that I don't even consider retail stores when I plan to buy new figures, I just go straight to the internet. Which sucks, because I can expect to pay $7-$10 per figure that way.

The only good thing about it is that I am EXTREMELY picky about what I spend money on right now. So even though I pay more per individual figure, I still spend less per month on the hobby in general, since I buy so few toys now. A couple of years ago, I spend around $200 per month, minimum, on Star Wars toys. Nowadays, it's $20-$30 every 4-6 months.

aikman8_1999
06-18-2003, 10:54 AM
There are very few figures i would even consider paying extra for.
Lets face it, if you wait long enough you will see them at retail or on ebay from someone blowing them out that just realized how much cash he was blowing on this stuff...

Figurestasher
06-22-2003, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by aikman8_1999
There are very few figures i would even consider paying extra for.
Lets face it, if you wait long enough you will see them at retail or on ebay from someone blowing them out that just realized how much cash he was blowing on this stuff...

That is so very true. I have been trying to get this same point across on some other threads and just couldn't get the words right. Instead people think Im doggin on them because I say they are getting ripped by online stores and so on.