PDA

View Full Version : Ancaster Toy Show, May 25th

evil j
05-20-2003, 09:51 AM
To anyone in the Hamilton, Onatario area

This coming Sunday, May 25th 2003
is the Ancaster Toy Show
At Ancaster Fairgrounds, 625 Garner Rd East (hwy 53)
from 9am-3pm ...Adm. $4

Coming from TO.
QEW to 403 towards Brantford, and exit onto Fiddler's Green. Turn right, and the next left is Garner Road. Down Garner Road and the hall is on the left.

I'll be set as well with Star Wars stuff (new and vintage). And tons more. (GI Joes, SuperHeroes, WWE, MEGOs, ..etc..)
***I just picked up a huge vintage HE-MAN collection, 30+ figures (some rare), ships, playsets...etc...come and see***

I am always looking to buy, sell, and trade anything Star Wars, Transformers, GI Joe, Super-Heroes, Mego, HeMan, WWE...
So bring your goodies.
See ya there

jjreason
05-20-2003, 12:17 PM
Good luck evil J! As usual, please update us as to what people had, who bought what, etc! I think we're all keen on finding out who's got the 2003 stuff (if anyone) and if anything new shows up with Trilogo, that would be a huge update.

Again, good luck!

JJR

evil j
05-20-2003, 06:45 PM
Hey JJ - I sure will.
And I'd like to take this opportunity to brag about the
Complete VINTAGE SANDCRAWLER (with remote) I found at a yard sale last saturday. I am keepin this baby, as I have been looking for it at a reasonable price for years now.
I never imagined that the price I'd pay would be....(drum roll)...$10.
And how was your day???
LOL

evil j
05-25-2003, 06:58 PM
As requested by jjreason, here's the show's update.
As for myself, it was one of my best shows in a while (selling my copy of HULK #181, first appearance of Wolverine, helped a lot).

There were tons of people with bins of action figures (all kinds) for $1 or 2. I found some mint vintage skiff guys and bountyhunters for a toonie each, no weapons of course. And I bought a huge lot of vintage cardbacks (45+) for peanuts. Some POTF, Droids and Ewoks in there too.

Some of the Vintage stuff I saw (but didn't grab)
C3PO case still sealed $90
POTF 2pack (ackbar and Nikto, I think) $120
Slave 1 in ESB box ...can't remember the price tag.
Same for boxed Speeder bike, chewbacca's bandolier and Micro machine Bespin playset. These were being sold by a guy asking $100+ for his ROTJ carded figures, so I didn't bother.

No new SAGA figures (post clonepilot) anywhere, but you could find some HTF figs like Sio Bibbles, EU, Star Tours...etc in the $20 to $30 range. ***all prices in CND funds by the way***

I had a great time,
's all folks!

jjreason
05-25-2003, 10:14 PM
Please let me know if you or a contact has the Ascension gun Amidala or R2B1 up for sale, Im ready now to pay too much for these (I'd like to pay less for loose or dmgd card ones, but beggers can't be choosers, right?). Thanks evil J.

How'd you do on the 181? What grade was it?

evil j
05-26-2003, 10:14 AM
Will keep an eye for Ascension gun Amidala or R2B1 for you. A friend/dealer might get them on damage cards, not sure how much they'll be. As for the Hulk 181, I sold it for $250. I could have been more patient, and get $350-400 for the condition it was in, but the car needs new brakes. And I only paid $45 for it a couple shows back. I guess, I did alright.

jjreason
05-26-2003, 07:24 PM
Yeah, I guess 500% return on investment is "alright" :eek: :D .

Congrats, that's a key book. Id love to have mine back - I got rooked out of 180 and 181 by a crooked trader quite a few years ago. :cry: