PDA

View Full Version : Buffy DIES!!

THE Slayer
05-20-2003, 10:21 PM
well, maybe not. But, the series is over.
anyone feel free to comment. I think the finale summed up the spirit of the show almost perfectly.

bobafrett
05-20-2003, 11:56 PM
I never watched one complete episode of Buffy. I did happen upon an episode the other day where she was acting like a cave person. It was lame.

Eternal Padawan
05-21-2003, 08:41 AM
What's a Buffy?

Hey! I remember this lame movie I saw one time about this chick named Buffy who killed dragons or vampires or something. Rutget Hauer was in it and so was Pee Wee Herman! Lord it sucked. What a stupid concept. Cheerleading Vampire killer. Bleah.

gibbspaulus
05-21-2003, 09:26 AM
Great, thanks for the contribution!

The film sucked big time. I am a big buff fan and I can't watch the film. never seen it more than halfway through.

The tv series, however, is (was) great; witty, irreverent, thought through, and largely well-acted. But it was also very idiosynratic and not a lot of people got it. It's a shame as they missed out.

smurfvader
05-21-2003, 03:18 PM
Loved the movie especially Pee-Wee's death scene. The series was great for the first 3 seasons then became unwatchable. The ending left me with a feeling that they needed to explain more, but at least she's still alive and can guest on Angel during sweeps because that show needs alll the help it can get.

JIm

Patient Zero
05-21-2003, 04:09 PM
My girlfriend is a big fan of the series and she disliked the last episode. I didn't have an opinion on it either way.

El Chuxter
05-21-2003, 04:48 PM
That's funny. I loved the movie and couldn't stand the TV show. I think Pee Wee Herman has the best death scene in any movie. All forty minutes or so of it. ;)

Eternal Padawan
05-21-2003, 06:06 PM
Whaaaaat? They made that movie into a TV show? That chick's in her forties now, at least. Who'd believe she was a cheerleader? And wouldn't that get old? Killing Rutger Hauer over and over, show after show? It wouldn't last a season!

You people will watch anything.

THE Slayer
05-22-2003, 08:08 AM
The show lasted 7 seasons. And for buffy fans there are plenty of reasons not to like the last episode, the deaths of many characters being one reason! But the show rarely dissapointed.

Eternal Padawan
05-24-2003, 09:32 AM
Bwah Ha Ha HA HA HAHAHA! She kept killing Rutger Hauer over and over for seven seasons? Now I KNOW you guys are pulling my leg... you can't come up with new and inventive ways to kill Rutger Hauer for seven seasons. Eventually you would start repeating yourself and the viewer would catch on. C'mon you guys...

bobafrett
05-25-2003, 12:15 AM
Wow, Rutger Hauer was in Buffy? I did not know that, but then I only caught a little segment of maybe three episodes. He was the lead bad replicant in Blade Runner, correct?

THE Slayer
05-25-2003, 10:55 PM
Neither Rutger Hauer nor Kristy Swanson ever appeared in one episode of btvs. Nor should they have.

The 'Xir
06-02-2003, 10:45 AM
Now, if Kristy Swanson had been in the TV series then maybe I would have actually watched it!!! Can't stand SMG, and was so disappointed when she got cast as Daffney for the Scooby-Doo movie, because Daff was HOT, and SMG is ummm just Not!
Seriously I don't think I've ever seen a single full episode! Just never got caught up in it! Probably because it's on one of those "Other" networks tv shows! I remember It took me the longest time to watch anything on Fox or the WB! I didn't even start watching The XFiles until the 3rd or 4th season!

sith_killer_99
06-02-2003, 11:01 AM
Bwah Ha Ha HA HA HAHAHA! She kept killing Rutger Hauer over and over for seven seasons? Now I KNOW you guys are pulling my leg... you can't come up with new and inventive ways to kill Rutger Hauer for seven seasons. Eventually you would start repeating yourself and the viewer would catch on. C'mon you guys...

It could have been like the series 24. WHAT, a whole season and only one stinking day goes by?!?! They just completed season 2 (that's 2 days in 2 years!)

But seriously, I am a big Buffy fan.

The tv series, however, is (was) great; witty, irreverent, thought through, and largely well-acted. But it was also very idiosynratic and not a lot of people got it. It's a shame as they missed out.

I couldn't agree more, except, noone has to miss out on anything. I already have the first 3 seasons on DVD!

Joss Whedon, is looking into doing a made for TV movie/series/mini-series on Giles character, it will most likely be called "Ripper". James Marsters is coming to Angel, rumor is he will return in...human form!

Hellboy
06-06-2003, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by sith_killer_99
James Marsters is coming to Angel, rumor is he will return in...human form!

Seriously? How are they gonna explain that one? It seemed to me he was pretty much dust in the wind. :dead:

I hope you're right killer because IMO he was the best character on the show and would fit in perfectly on Angel. :)

THE Slayer
06-06-2003, 10:45 PM
AICN has the scoop on Spikes return. I read it and it sounds like something they would write, even if it is all rumor at this point.

Season 4 is out on dvd soon.