PDA

View Full Version : 2003 Screen Scenes - What about the other halves?

mm74md
05-21-2003, 09:08 AM
So it looks like we are getting the new Geonosian War Room & Jedi High Council scenes next month.

My question for you guys & gals is: where are the other halves of these things? It's obvious that they connect to another set, but I haven't seen anything on any site about the 2nd part of these scenes. Why wouldn't those bright folks at Hasbro release them at the same time? Oh wait, they aren't that bright at Hasbro!

Hopefully I'll be lucky enough to come across these sets at retail like I did the trash compactor sets!

bobafrett
05-21-2003, 11:59 AM
It will be one of those things where Hasbro makes one half, then cancels the other half just like they did with the Cantina sets. They'll have to many at somes stores where other stores will get to few or none at all.

evenflow
05-21-2003, 01:46 PM
I really hope that doesnt happen. I really want the remaining cantina pieces and these new sets look awesome. I hope it all works out.

Patient Zero
05-21-2003, 02:19 PM
They are more then likely waiting to see how they sell to see if future sets will make them the kind of money that they feel justifies making more.

Jargo
05-21-2003, 02:59 PM
Precisely.

Beast
05-21-2003, 03:27 PM
The second halves will be revealed at one of the Comic Con shows that Hasbro is attending this summer. Hasbro has already stated that they will connect to a second half and the boxes even indicate that they are a "1 of 2". I'm amazed that they've been able to keep the contents of the second sets this hush hush for so long. Even though we pretty much know who's going to be in them from my other thread on the issue. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

TheDarthVader
05-21-2003, 10:10 PM
I am excited about picking these four sets up! I can't wait to get the decent looking Mace, Oppo "Snake-sis" Rancis, and Even Piell. Also, San Hill, Poggle the "greater" Lesser, and a new Dooku with the DEATH STAR PLANS!!!!! Yes! Thank you Hasbro. (Now price these at about $14.99 each). (duh, $5X3=15, not $20 hasbro! Not $20!!)

bobafrett
05-21-2003, 11:57 PM
Yes, but they should release both sides like they did with the trash compactor scene sets IMO. I was very upset when I saw the next wave of cantina sets, only to find that they are most likely not going to be made.

Teeska Mon Eebon
05-23-2003, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by TheDarthVader
. (Now price these at about $14.99 each). (duh, $5X3=15, not $20 hasbro! Not $20!!)

They prolly will be 20 or they'd "lose money" because half of the table is about the same as a figure so $5x4=20 sorry but it's true....

Beast
05-23-2003, 08:58 PM
Hasbro already stated in the press release what the S.R.P. was on the sets. Lemme look it up and repost it here.

SAGA SCENE Packs Approximate retail price: $19.99)

With the new SAGA SCENE PACKS, collectors can build dioramas of the coolest scenes from Episode II. Collectors can enjoy the scene graphics either in-package or out of package, and can continue to build their dioramas with Hasbro's basic figures from Collection 2. Each scene comes with three figures, at least two of which are figures never done before. Four scenes are planned for 2003, including: The JEDI COUNCIL and the GEONOSIS WAR ROOM.
MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Val Da Car
05-25-2003, 09:22 AM
Found some pics of each...

THe is the Geonosian War Room...

with Poggle!!!! (I have been waiting for him for my Arena Diorama)
Count Dooku with Death Star and San Hill

and the Jedi Council...

Even Piell, Oppo Rancisis & Mace