PDA

View Full Version : Just and idea: Cant Hasbro add mini lights to the Unleashed line??

DravenUnleashed
05-21-2003, 12:10 PM
If any of you heard or saw on the Lord of the Rings toy line they put a feature with the Gandolf figure to where if you put his wand in his hand and lifted his arm up high a little light at the end of the staff would light up...

Itd be pretty damn cool if Hasbro did this with its Unleashed line (especially if they put some lights in the saber hilts to illuminate the blade)... On of the big reasons I thought of this was the newer display bases that are coming out in the Unleashed line all have "action" visuals like Boba Fetts rocket exhaust and Yodas "movement shadow"... They should atleast have those lit up imo...

Jayspawn
05-21-2003, 12:16 PM
I think it's a neat idea. It would look cool on the Unleashed Jedi figures. But I don't think they could do it without bringing up the cost. And I think they cost enought where they are.

DravenUnleashed
05-21-2003, 12:21 PM
The Lord of the Rings figs only cost $16-$20... I would imagine they could put a battery compartment in the base and then have the figs metal peg be some sort of conductor to get power to the light... I think the Gandolf figs light was an internal battery that once becomes dead stays dead... Atleast with a base and battery you could always keep the light going at some point

bobafrett
05-21-2003, 12:55 PM
That does sound like a good idea. I'd like to see Vaders lightsaber glow, or Darth Sidious with a glow to his lightning bolts. It sounds so good, that Hasbro won't do it.

TheDarthVader
05-21-2003, 02:02 PM
If it is any kind of cool idea, Hasbro won't do it. LOTR figures are excellent sculpts and that is why they are kicking SW's butt right now. That, and you can't find new SW, but you can find new LOTR...better distribution.

Teeska Mon Eebon
05-21-2003, 02:19 PM
That would add alot to these and at what 15 or 20 bucks ut wouldn't be that bad...

Darth Jax
05-21-2003, 08:37 PM
the idea has been done before as a prototype. can't remember where i saw or read the info, but when the licensing came up another company made a prototype unleashed style figure of luke. was standing in front of exploding window on bespin. his lightsaber lit up to glow (battery operated). i'm sure someone more knowledgeable (jarjar, jargo, anyone) will chime in with the source for this.

Chiesa
05-21-2003, 09:49 PM
Wow. That would defintely be a good idea. It would definitely add more value to these display pieces!

@Darth Jax -- Maybe they were in the prototype and somehow didn't turn too well perhaps??

mini-rock
05-22-2003, 01:54 AM
That is a cool idea, but honestly I like the line the way it is so far. IMO this is the best product Hasbro has put out in the SW line, and if they were to do something like that they would definitely have to be able to have the batteries replaced. I think it's pretty cheesy that the Gandelf figure mentioned, once it's battery is out that's it. But yeah, overall I like the idea.

I'd also like to see Unleashed sets ala McFarlane's Neo in the Chataeu set. Personally I think this set looks like crap, but the way Hasbro has been doing so well with the Unleashed line I'd bet they could do a much better job.:)

Kidhuman
05-22-2003, 05:39 PM
I like that idea as well. It would be pretty sweet to see the light up features on them. It would make them more appealable to some people.

KingOfSting
05-23-2003, 04:12 PM
Actually Darth Jax, the prototype Luke that you're talking about was made before the POTF collection started up again 1995, and was created by Playmates. I don't remeber where I saw it, but that's the story behind it.