PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have Deluxe Obi or Jango yet?

Jayspawn
05-21-2003, 11:20 AM
I found the new Oni-Wan Kenobi and Jango Fett Deluxe figures online- the ones that come with the landing platform towers.

Before I order them, I was curious if anyone had them yet? What are they like?

I'm only hesitant becuase I hate it when weapons are permenantly attached to hands and when figures don't DO anything.

Dr Zoltar
05-21-2003, 12:32 PM
Nope, I don't have them yet. I expect them to show up in the stores around Christmas and then pegwarm until 2005. : )

JediBoulton
05-21-2003, 01:54 PM
I picked up the Delux OBi-WAN figure for my nephew the other day -- here is what I found:

The figure looks good -- the saber is held in the hand with a rubberband which I left on for him to play with. There is a tube that attaches to the back of Obi-wans arm that allows the air to pass through his hand and "move" stuff. It is a neet kid feature, but my nephew is already tired of using the tube because its too much trouble to set up -- he would just assume knock over the box with his hands.

I did not get the Jett figure -- but it looked neater than obiwan -- it also looked as if Jango's helmet might come off -- there was alot of detail under the collar for it NOT to.

If I had to choose -- Jango would win :)

JabbaGlob
05-21-2003, 03:22 PM
Jango Fett's helmet is not removable, although his head is marginally detailed up to about his eyes. He comes with a catapult that launches him towards the tower. He has magnets on his arms that keep him attached to the tower.
IMO Obi-Wan is a better figure. He's at least a new sculpt whereas Jango is a retooling of Jango Kamino Escape.

Jayspawn
05-23-2003, 08:23 AM
Thanks everybody. I was at least hoping that Hasbro did not repeat mistakes from the 1st set of dexuxe figures.

JangoFart
05-23-2003, 01:38 PM
Actually, Jayspawn, Tarkin says "military target," not "literary target." Although I kind of like the idea of the Death Star blasting John Grishom to pieces; he's worn out his welcome....

J

Old Fossil
05-23-2003, 02:15 PM
Tarkin always was a well-read old bird... maybe he was thinking of his earlier book group discussion with Vader and Motti?...

MOTTI: "'Moby-Dick' is the greatest novel of all time! Nothing in print can compare!"

VADER: "What do you mean?"

TARKIN: "This bickering is pointless. It's all a matter of opinion."

MOTTI: "Please, Tarkin. Your sad devotion to the pulp action-adventures of Edgar Rice Burroughs and Robert Howard blind you to the artistic depths of Herman Melville!"

VADER: "Do not be too proud of Melville, Admiral. The ability to write a six hundred page novel about killing a white whale is insignificant, next to Howard's masterful imagery of Conan and scantily-clad barbarian women."

Etc.

JEDIpartner
05-23-2003, 07:13 PM
I have them both. They look great together. The Jango is a much better TOY than the Obi-Wan but the Obi-Wan is a much better figure. Anyhow... that's just about it.