PDA

View Full Version : The Speeders, whats up with these things?

keithfite
05-22-2003, 07:19 PM
Where the heck are these things. Heres my question. Have you guys been finding them easy, and has anyone found it in a store other than Target. Its not an exclusive right? I was just curious. I have not seen one of them

plasticfetish
05-23-2003, 12:34 AM
I sort of assumed it was an exclusive ... might as well be ... but, I haven't seen any of them in a while. Probably only saw a half dozen of each to begin with.

keithfite
05-23-2003, 01:21 AM
half a dozen. thats pretty good. I havent seen one. It seems most people are finding these easy. I cant complain though. I found all of the 03 single figures immediately. But I cant find the speeders

Kidhuman
05-23-2003, 07:00 AM
Your lucky finding the 2003 figs. I havent seen those or speeder sets.

hango fett
05-23-2003, 08:40 AM
same here. i have yet to see the speeders. might have to go to the dark side and try ebay...wait, i am on the dark side!
h

mm74md
05-23-2003, 08:48 AM
Everything from the 2003 line has showed up in Maryland at least twice that I have seen or read. I know the new speeders have just recently showed up in Northern VA Targets so they are out there.

mm74md
05-23-2003, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by hango fett
might have to go to the dark side and try ebay

Dude, I bought them at retail & wished I got them on sale or something. The speeders are great but the figures are so-so. Fight off those evilBay temptations!!!! They will show up!

Jayspawn
05-23-2003, 09:19 AM
Are we talking about the Anakin and Tyranus Speeders? If so, the Darth Tyranus speeder is the one worth getting. Cool figure! The Anakin speeder needs to go back to the drawing board- it looks terrible.

Dr Zoltar
05-23-2003, 02:37 PM
I have not seen these in stores yet. I've had them on back order at EE for 2 months now though...

keithfite
05-23-2003, 05:50 PM
For those who have them, how much are you paying at retail. Isnt it just like$12.00

plasticfetish
05-23-2003, 06:17 PM
Yeah, $12.99 I think.
I passed on both of them. Anakin's face is just insane looking ... and Tyranus is OK, but the "Lightsaber Attack Action" turned me off.

Jayspawn
05-24-2003, 10:20 AM
Yeah, they retail at about $12.98 at Target.

Turbowars
05-24-2003, 02:00 PM
I saw these at a Target about 3 months ago. It was at opening and it looks as if they come 3 each to a case. I passed on both. IMHO they really bad. The design of Tyranus's is so bad in the film, I saw no reason to buy it. I mean come on he looks so stupid riding that thing. For some reason I thought they went for 14.99? They just seem like over priced deluxe's.

plasticfetish
05-24-2003, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by turbowars
They just seem like over priced deluxe's.
Well ... you're paying $3 extra for the box. I would have payed $5 extra if they hadn't had crummy gimmicks.

seth_quinn
05-30-2003, 09:15 AM
there's a shop up here in Canada that's selling them for 18US and their shipping seems reasonable if anyone's interested. I know that's a bit more than their normal retail but thought I'd pass on the info anyway. they're not advertisers here so I'm not sure if it's cool to post their url, pm me if you want it.

JEDIpartner
05-30-2003, 09:56 AM
I saw the Tyranus speeder at a Target a couple months ago when I was well broke. They didn't have the Anakin. I think the problem with Anakin's face is that it's supposed to be an angry grimace... but unfortunately the paint application on his face was so poorly set that his eyebrows are ridin' high. If they were a little more like this ---> \ / rather than ^ ^ it would be a little more acceptable.

Hellboy
05-31-2003, 03:47 PM
I found both of these over a month ago at my local Target. Neither of these are great and are barely worth the $ spent unless you're a completist or are interested in getting the speeder and swoop because both of the figures are TERRIBLE. How many more times are we going to see Anakin's "quick I've gotta find a restroom" look on his face? By my count that makes 3 with Force Flipping Anakin and the current 12" figure. :stupid:

keithfite
05-31-2003, 05:32 PM
I think they stopped putting them out. I collect every figure and I collect them loose. So I need these two even if they arent that special. I have a bunch MOC, only my favorite figures. But I must have one of all loose. Even if I have to buy a vehicle to get it. Oh well. I will find them