PDA

View Full Version : Sdcc??

Brainiak76
05-23-2003, 12:16 PM
Just wanted to see if anyone here is going to the San Diego Comic Con??

and also does anyone know if the silver fett is two per person per day or two per person ONLY???

THANX!

stillakid
05-23-2003, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by Brainiak76
Just wanted to see if anyone here is going to the San Diego Comic Con??

and also does anyone know if the silver fett is two per person per day or two per person ONLY???

THANX!

I'd like to try, work schedule permitting. What are the dates again? Directions? Is there an official website or anything? Is the info listed on SSG anywhere? Thanks!

Brainiak76
05-24-2003, 12:20 AM
www.comic-con.org/Pages/CCIRegistration.html

jul 17-20

are you in Nor or So cal stilla?

stillakid
05-24-2003, 02:07 AM
www.comic-con.org/Pages/CCIRegistration.html

jul 17-20

are you in Nor or So cal stilla?

LA. Thanks for the link!

stillakid
05-26-2003, 09:48 PM
$60 bucks! Just to get in!?! What a crock o' bantha pudu. The only reason I wanted to go was for the Boba Fett, if they were even offering it there. I'm better off playing the odds and trying to get one from the Fan Club or Ebay later on. What in tarnation could be worth paying $60 bucks for anyway? The chance to buy more overpriced merchandise?

Brainiak76
05-26-2003, 09:54 PM
yeah but whats worse if you buy now its 60 for 4 dyas! but if your not sure and wait till the day of i the show ts 60 FOR THAT DAY ONLY!! that bantha pudu!!

i heard it was 2 per..but now 1 per..i hope not!!

look at it like this if you buy ur tix now pay 60..and are able to get two silver fetts then you can sell the second for at least 60 and get your entrance fee back! i dunno just an idea...

stillakid
05-27-2003, 01:29 AM
yeah but whats worse if you buy now its 60 for 4 dyas! but if your not sure and wait till the day of i the show ts 60 FOR THAT DAY ONLY!! that bantha pudu!!

i heard it was 2 per..but now 1 per..i hope not!!

look at it like this if you buy ur tix now pay 60..and are able to get two silver fetts then you can sell the second for at least 60 and get your entrance fee back! i dunno just an idea...

I suppose that is capitalism at its worst (or finest, depending upon how you look at it), but I was against that with the Sacul fiasco after C3 and I'm equally against it for this event. I suppose if I sold a second one for exactly what it cost me to get it (half the registration fee + the cost of one figure) then maybe I could justify it. But I know I wouldn't feel right making some kind of profit on it as if I were one of those scuzball no-life scalpers. Yuchh!

Brainiak76
05-27-2003, 03:34 AM
im not saying go out and put a starting price of $300..just start it at 10 and im sure youll get your money back esp if its right after the conv! Its not scalping its being smart! scalping would be that guying selling 100 fetts!

stillakid
05-27-2003, 11:47 AM
im not saying go out and put a starting price of $300..just start it at 10 and im sure youll get your money back esp if its right after the conv! Its not scalping its being smart! scalping would be that guying selling 100 fetts!

I disagree. Scalping is the purchase of something that I have no intention of keeping for myself in the first place with the express intent to resell for a higher price at a later date. Buying that one extra takes that one item out of "retail price" circulation and puts it into the secondary market where there are no fair pricing rules. As happened at C3, someone who actually attends the event may not get a fair chance to purchase the item at the stated "retail" price. If you get a thousand "collectors" each buying that one extra Boba Fett just so they can make their money back on the ticket, that takes a thousand Fett's off the officially priced retail market. So a different thousand collectors now have to pay inflated prices instead of having a fair shot at paying what that first group did. Bottom line is that it's nothing more than opportunism at its purist. Of course, it's up to each individual to determine how much it effects their own sense of right and wrong. For me, I couldn't do it and feel good about it. But that's just me. :)

Brainiak76
05-27-2003, 08:52 PM
good point! but i guess thats you! thats a lil to much for me but i would be pretty ****** if i was that last person not to get one cause everyone b4 me bought two! i dunno! it was just a sugg seing how you were like...man the admission is a rip!

Bel-Cam Jos
06-23-2003, 02:40 PM
If you've never gone to a ComicCon before, you'd think that 60$ for 2 days is a rip-off. But cases in point:
- The Masquerade. Costume contest galore. Excellent!
- Chances for autographs. Lots of LOTS of people from films, comics, behind-the-scenes, etc.
- Seeing people. It's huge. There's megatons of people from all over.
- San Diego's a great city. Good climate, nice streets, good food.
- Things to buy. My goodness gracious. If it's not there, wait a few minutes.
- Things for free. Give-aways; some you want, some you need, some you question, but you never refuse.
- Panel discussions. Meet famous people, from 65 rows away! See previously-unreleased stuff, and exclusive ones, too.

Give it a try. I've gone twice, and I'm trying for thrice this year.

JodyB
06-23-2003, 06:50 PM
You guys got your info mixed up... it's $60 for 4 days... $25 for 1 @ the door... Great convention I've been going sense 1989... I look forward to it each year... great exclusives and awesome panels... It is worth every penny!!!! And you do find deals... it's more then just a big scalp fest... Oh yeah... If you preordered your badge you get in Wednesday night before the con...

stillakid
06-23-2003, 08:17 PM
I might go. Probably won't make up my mind until a day or two before.

Maybe I could score higher on the Geek test if I wore my Bikerscout uniform. ;)

JodyB
06-23-2003, 08:26 PM
You'll be accepted there... It's a great show... I'm telling you that you won't be disappointed! You'll find things there you'll never see @ F&S...

stillakid
06-23-2003, 08:29 PM
So bring the plastic?

JodyB
06-23-2003, 08:49 PM
I spent too much lastyear... I'm trying to find things to do that will keep me off the floor and spending... such as games and we'll have to see what programing they have, every year's programing is good though

stillakid
06-24-2003, 12:41 AM
What's the best day to pick up the Boba Fett?

JodyB
06-24-2003, 01:02 AM
Wednesday Night ;) Thrusday if you haven't gotten a preorderec badge

Brainiak76
06-24-2003, 07:55 PM
does anyone know if its two per day or two per convention? and any info bout the other exc would be nice too!

like keldor? limit? prod num? how much?

JodyB
06-24-2003, 09:45 PM
Keldor is 1500 @ this show and 1500 @ Wizard World... I got 3 He-men lastyear.... and Keldor is $20

SirSteve
07-03-2003, 02:59 PM
I'll be there... I'll be the one dressed like Darth Maul!

Just kidding. :D

I will have on a black SirStevesGuide.com T-Shirt... say hi if you see me!

Brainiak76
07-15-2003, 03:12 AM
2more days!!! man i cant wait!! :crazed: :D :crazed: :sur: :D :crazed:

what other exclusives will everyone be picking up besides the fett!!

me im getting the AOME twilight 3pk and MOTU keldor!!!!! not to sure bought nething else though!

Tycho
07-15-2003, 03:40 AM
I'll be there. I'm driving all the way to San Diego just for the chance to hand out Mouse Droids in little plastic baggies to the Hasbro reps!

OK, I probably won't mess with scenes in my collection to do this, but...

I'll be with Steve, and it's always fun to embarrass him.

I'll also be wearing a SirStevesGuide.com staff shirt unless Steve makes me take it off and swear he doesn't know me.

EVERYONE MEET AT 11:30 am FRIDAY - Room 9 for HASBRO STAR WARS

But them about the AT-TE, form letters to tell Wal*Mart and Toys R Us what we think about distribution in 2003, 12" Jedi Masters, PlaySkool and more.

Steve and I will try to sit up front. Don't be shy. Come up to the front of the room so Hasbro will call on you so that they don't have to call on me. They know me too well after 7 years!

But please introduce yourselves. That will be the best place to find us during the whole Convention.

Deoxyribonucleic
07-15-2003, 03:46 AM
2more days!!! man i cant wait!! :crazed: :D :crazed: :sur: :D :crazed:

what other exclusives will everyone be picking up besides the fett!!

me im getting the AOME twilight 3pk and MOTU keldor!!!!! not to sure bought nething else though!

I'm going to try to pick up the pewter pinhead figure and the clear Predator from McFarlane! Of course my number one priority is the Silver boba fett and then if they have the new T3 figs, those are a must also. That's all as far as buying stuff goes, except I might get some autographs! Mostly this time I'm going to go to panel discussions and all that good stuff.

:)

Turbowars
07-16-2003, 02:03 AM
I'll be there on Saturday. There's a few things that got me to go. Silver Fett, Bullock, and Angelina Jolie will be there. When I read that today I almost fell out of my chair. Maybe in another life we will be together,LOL, I know, I'm crazy. What's this crap about Hamill not signing Star Wars crap. I was so happy to hear I could meet him ahd get a sig, but he's to good for us these days, he's got better things going on now.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
07-17-2003, 11:36 AM
If anybody would be kind enough to pick up the Clerks Action figure exclusives of Steve Dave and Walt the Fanboy, i'd be most gracious!!! These are only available there, which peeves me beyond belief, and i would like to snag these too.

Oh, i'll take Angelina too. I'll be more than happy to pay overnight S&H for her. :crazed:

Turbowars
07-20-2003, 02:15 AM
Man oh man what a day. I wont go into much detail, but it was fun, but a pain in the rear at the same time. My wife and I got 4 Fetts and I got one signed by Bulloch. Cool dude. I asked him if his hand hurt yet, and he said, well a little, but when he gets done for the day a cold beer opens up his hand. Good guy. As for selling the extra Fetts, I have no problem with charging 50+ for them. It was a fricken mad house. It took 3 1/2 hours just to get to buy the passes. If you see then for 40-50 on e-bay jump on it. Oh one last thing. I asked one of the reps at Hasbro, why we have had such a hard time finding figures for 03 and he had the beach balls to say thats the 1st time he has heard that. I was so POed. Hasbro had cool stuff, love the up coming Unleashed!

stillakid
07-23-2003, 11:22 AM
I didn't get to see this personally, but it looks like everyone had lots of fun down there.

http://vadersfist.bikerscout.net

Turbowars
07-23-2003, 08:17 PM
I didn't get to see this personally, but it looks like everyone had lots of fun down there.

http://vadersfist.bikerscout.net
That's what happens when you take SW a step to far. I guess if that's your thing, but I find it amusing. When I was there I saw them all getting together and I almost said to this one tiny Stormtrooper, Arn't you a little short for a Stromtrooper? but I bit my tongue nd no it wasn't a kid. The suits did look good though.

stillakid
07-23-2003, 08:59 PM
That's what happens when you take SW a step to far. I guess if that's your thing, but I find it amusing. When I was there I saw them all getting together and I almost said to this one tiny Stormtrooper, Arn't you a little short for a Stromtrooper? but I bit my tongue nd no it wasn't a kid. The suits did look good though.

I'll admit that I have a BikerScout costume, but I can't ever see myself attending an event like that. Halloween, sure. That's just my thing though. I won't begrudge anyone for self-expression any way they see fit (though I did have to roll my eyes at some of the "sights" down there :eek: ). My goal is to suit up a mannequin some day so "he'll" be standing in my office. Very cool! :cool:

JediTricks
07-24-2003, 05:31 AM
A buddy of mine has Stormtrooper armor and a Boba Fett costume and he wore them to a few events, but said they were very hot and people were damaging the armor by bumping into it with solid objects or mishandling it. I can't imagine going to a big con in this sort of thing.

stillakid
07-24-2003, 10:06 AM
A buddy of mine has Stormtrooper armor and a Boba Fett costume and he wore them to a few events, but said they were very hot and people were damaging the armor by bumping into it with solid objects or mishandling it. I can't imagine going to a big con in this sort of thing.

It is very hot to wear for any period of time. That's why Halloween worked out. Christmas might even be better but I can't see myself opening presents looking like a Bikerscout. :D

Brainiak76
07-24-2003, 11:41 AM
sweet idea!! around how much was the costume?

stillakid
07-24-2003, 12:17 PM
sweet idea!! around how much was the costume?

Alot......

JediTricks
07-24-2003, 11:01 PM
Funny, I can't imagine not opening xmas presents that way. :D

While I can't speak for Stilla since I don't know the answer, my buddy paid like $700 for the Stormtrooper armor and $1200 or maybe a bit more for the Fett armor with accessories. This stuff ain't cheap, and I can't imagine it got any cheaper when LFL cracked down on the sellers recently.