Jedi Master Silas
12-18-2002, 11:43 AM
Did I miss something??

scruffziller
12-18-2002, 02:30 PM
http://www.jimcarreywebsite.com/jbrucealmighty.html

Dar Basra
12-18-2002, 03:31 PM
And here I thought from the title that this was a celebratory post to commemorate the US Soccer Federation giving Bruce Arena a new 4 year contract. Darn you!

JON9000
12-18-2002, 06:14 PM
I saw the trailer to this film before TTT- it looks really funny and got laughs from the audience. No T3 trailer though, arghhh.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
12-20-2002, 11:54 PM
This movie supposedly takes place in my hometown of Buffalo, NY. They sent a film crew here during the late summer and shot footage. I remember even them filming the crowd during a Sabres preseason game. It was rumored that Jim Carrey would make an appearance, but it seems with the wonder of technology and set-building, they could fit his character into the scenes.

Basically the premise is, God (played by Morgan Freeman) grants his powers to Bruce (Jim Carrey) for one day, to use them as he so desires. The movie also stars Jennifer Anniston as Carrey's wife.

mini-rock
12-21-2002, 03:24 AM
Anything with Morgan Freeman is good IMO.:D

jjreason
12-21-2002, 10:32 AM
There's also apparently a Dumb and Dumbest coming at some point. Whether or not he's in I don't know. The preview I saw at TTT had no visuals, only letters and sound. I did see the T3 trailer however. Interesting, but in a "Species" kind of way. Not nearly as thrilling as T2 seemed at the time. Im old.

QLD
12-21-2002, 11:22 AM
Dumb and Dumberer is the name of the movie, and it's a prequel. And I know Jim Carrey won't be in it. ANd I doubt Jeff Daniels will be either. I have a really bad feeling about that movie.

And Morgan Freeman will make me go see movies I wouldn't normally go to. Especially the yearly "Seven-esque" movie, where he plays a detective who is directly involved with a serial killer.

Jayspawn
12-21-2002, 11:55 AM
I saw the trailer for Bruce Almighty and it looks sooo cool! I can't wait!

I GOT TO SEE THE T3 trailor when I saw TTT!!!!!

"She'll be back!"

Bobajames
12-21-2002, 06:57 PM
they are using my school's marching band for the new dumb and dumberer movie! neither one of them are gonna be in it, i think i heard the dell guy is gonna be Lloyd? something like that (no seriously i heard that)

mylow thehutt
03-23-2003, 11:06 AM
:) Oh man this movie looks so funny,but don't take my word for it tak a look a the teaser. Jim carrey is one of my faverot actors,check it out the preview says it all.http://www.apple.com/trailers/universal/bruce_almighty-teaser/large.html

scruffziller
03-23-2003, 11:19 AM
I think that it comes out in May.

12inch Lando
03-24-2003, 07:40 AM
I saw the new trailer for Bruce Almighty last night running before Bringing Down the House. It looks much better than the first trailer I saw a couple of months ago. I'm looking forward to this one. Actually I'm looking forward to anything that might be funny these days.

SQueek
03-26-2003, 04:09 PM
I didn't know Morgan Freeman was in this movie untill i read this thread, and god do i <b>hate</b> Morgan Freeman. He makes great movies, like Se7en almost unwatchable for me.

But anyways this movie looks great, besides the devil playing god.

12inch Lando
03-27-2003, 07:26 AM
Morgan Freeman is the devil... O.K.

QLD
03-27-2003, 09:19 AM
I have the opposite problem with Morgan Freeman.
He makes me go see crappy movies I otherwise wouldn't go see.

Does that make me a satan lover????

:crazed:

mm74md
04-24-2003, 11:41 AM
I just saw the trailer a few days ago for the first time. Looks hilarious!

http://www.apple.com/trailers/universal/bruce_almighty/large.html

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
05-23-2003, 07:50 PM
Jim Carey's got another comedy hit here. I thought this movie was really good! Morgan Freeman also played an excellent God.

bobafrett
05-24-2003, 02:00 AM
I'm glad you didn't include spoilers in there as my son and I are going to see it this weekend. I like most of Mr. Carey's stuff, so it should be a good holiday weekend movie.

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
05-24-2003, 03:31 PM
My favorite line from the movie has to be, "Smite me, Almighty Smiter!"

DarthChuckMc
05-24-2003, 11:08 PM
My favorite "bit", is when Bruce asks the snotty anchorman if he likes JAZZ.

:D

Sentinel18725
05-25-2003, 02:07 AM
Good movie. I was disgusted at the begining with his sappiness but it got better and better. Moral was almost too overpowering though.

Now, it's time to rent Oh God and Oh God, You Devil!

Eternal Padawan
05-25-2003, 03:46 PM
I predict the phrase "Greetings, mmb-nal Dwelling Butt Monkey!" will be a HUGE hit on gradeschool playgrounds all across the country this year. ;)

Wasn't the "snotty anchor" Steve from the Daily Show? He's Great!

*Note: I was going to ask what would YOU do if you were God for a week, but then I thought the answers might lead into that dangerous Political/Religious discussion area. ("Fire the Pope." would be an example of a good way to start something, right?) But IF you can keep your answers light and frivolous, I'd like to know.

I'd make Super Heroes and Transformers come to life.
George would hire a crack team of writers to pen REALLY excellent scripts for Episodes VII-IX. Then Harrison and the rest said they would LOVE to come back and do them.
MST3K would come back on the air with rights to EVERY movie ever made.
I would find bundles of $10,000 stuck in odd places at random times.

Tonysmo
05-26-2003, 03:16 AM
If I were God for a week, I'd allow all those unheard satellite transmissons to finally reach a destination on other planets in other galaxies so they could be heard... and responded to.

and I think I'd melt all the urianium.. just make it all go away.. no need to destroy the planet.. even a part of it.

and while Im at it, I'd allow cable and DSL to be availible in ALL areas.

I'd give teachers the ability to "break though" to reach those "unreachable" kids to give them the help they need to succeed. ... to expand on that, I think I would melt the minds of parents/adults who even think of harming children. Nothing irks me more. seriously.

I'd think about replenishing the Earths natural resources.. and fix the hole in the Ozone.

and one last one for all my SW fans... I'd make the bigfoot legend real... with the exception that they arent really bigfeets.. they are a family of Wookies.. allowed to live and be as they may..
( I just couldnt justify making Lightsabers a reality.. as much as I want to )

Damn I'd be a busy God.

I can't wait to see this movie.

scruffziller
05-27-2003, 09:50 AM
It was pretty good. I would have to say that it is Jim's lesser of his comedy movies though. The "do you like jazz" was classic.

Mandalorian Candidat
05-27-2003, 02:00 PM
It was ehhh. It seemed like most of the best parts were the ones played ad nauseum in the trailers and TV spots. The "do you like Jazz" part was pretty original. There were some other good spots like when he flips out on the boat and makes the anchorman talk jibberish on air for like 5 minutes. Mostly it wasn't that great. Morgan Freeman did a good job, though. I liked him better than George Burns in the same role.

Was anyone else bugged by Jim Carrey's character? He didn't seem very likeable at all. Just one big ego. Usually his characters are dorks or jerks that are good guys but just have a slight ego problem. Bruce was just an as$, period.

Well, if you do see it go to the matinee because paying $7+ seems like a rip. And don't get up and leave right away at the end. There are some good bloopers played over the credits.