PDA

View Full Version : What is the point of these forums?

stillakid
11-18-2001, 09:38 PM
For those of you paying attention in the Episode I forum, I was recently challenged to exit the area after bringing up some obvious continuity problems in response to another question.

Several other posters put forth the idea that if one didn't have anything good to say about Star Wars, then they must a) not be a fan and b)shouldn't post further messages.

Not only did this infuriate me (after a long day at work), but raised a question in my mind about the point of these forums. Is Wolf-something or other right in saying that if I find fault with Ep I that I should have nothing to say in a fan forum about it? Even after others have raised the questions?

He chose the derogatory "fan boy" and in the same post called me a Star Wars hater. That very statement tells me quite a bit about his depth of thought as both of those concepts are mutually exclusive in this context. However, the question remains: is the SirSteve's Forum meant only to heap praise upon the Star Wars franchise or is honest and thought-provoking discussion allowed and encouraged?

JediTricks
11-18-2001, 10:47 PM
Obviously not everybody is willing to accept the possibility that they may have built something up so much that they're unwilling to accept criticism of said thing. I dunno if it's the case with everybody who says that, but it seems like those guys who say "you're not a true fan" because you don't love every little thing are just afraid that you might be right.

The other alternative I can think of is they don't know you very well thanks to the nature of the net and overgeneralize "you" based on what you say in one post, and they get caught in this cycle till they are so closed-minded about folks that they themselves don't see that they are no longer real fans.

Don't take it personally and don't let them get you down or talk trash to you, if you have a legitimate issue you want to discuss, don't let them ruin your SW time here.

Wolfwood319
11-18-2001, 11:03 PM
Stillakid

I was not implying that you are not a Star Wars fan, I was generally applying my post to the overall abundance of posts, including yours, that just seem to have no respect or passion for Star Wars in general.

You stated that us (fans of E1) seem to go out of our way to dismiss any and all imperfections of the movie. I know the movie had problems, I'm not saying it was perfect, but I do know that it is in fact just a movie.

I have no problem with people discussing possible continuity errors or imperfections with the films. What I do find a problem is that after a long day of work myself, I check the forums to see countless posters who seem to have nothing but bad things to say about SW and George Lucas.

My general disgust of that particular thread was not the continuity error brought up but your particular statement;
"Xir, don't worry, you are completely correct know matter how hard other TPM-lovers try to rationalize the continuity errors that have been created. Rube Goldberg would be proud of some of the machinations imagined by some of you to get around obvious problems.

I'm telling you, like I've said before, I'm starting to believe that GL is deliberately holding off on a DVD release of the original trilogy because he knows full well that he'll have to alter the soundtrack and/or CG in or out new elements in order to plug the gaping holes he's creating with the new trilogy. We'll never ever see the "original" trilogy on DVD. It'll be some ridiculous bastardization that support monthly droid memory wipes, Midichlorians, and Qui Gon Ginn."

To me, that particular statement made it seem that you have no admiration for Star Wars at all. Perhaps I went a little overboard in my own statement, but the fact remains, the above statement does not, at least to me, seem to be a "Fans" point of view.

Discussing flaws of the films is one thing, but outright disrespect for fans of a particular film and a general disgust overall about Star Wars is another. This is a forum where FANS come to discuss Star Wars, and your statment, along with others, do not seem to be from a Fans point of view.

stillakid
11-19-2001, 10:30 AM
Wow. The power of words.

In my statement to which you refer, I myself see no evidence of someone (me) not admiring Star Wars. Quite to the contrary, if I didn't like it, I would've simply dismissed TPM as so many other viewers did and put no more thought into it.

It is precisely because I admire what GL was doing when he began telling the story that TPM was such a disappointment. It departed from the original idea in so many ways.

So what you see as film-bashing or GL hating or whatever, is something quite different. I'm holding George Lucas and the Star Wars saga up to a much higher standard because he and those films set their own bar very very high. Things like box-office numbers and fan enthusiasm prove that he did something right with the first 3 movies.

Face it, the world was waiting with open arms for The Phantom Menace and wanted nothing more than to continue the magic that had been experienced some 20 years previous. Except for the "true fans" as you call them, almost without exception, there was a universal letdown. It didn't perform up to expectations. That groundswell of "he did it again!" never materialized. Instead, critics, casual fans, and people like me saw through the Star Wars title and excellent production design to discover a story riddled with holes for itself and crafted with shoddy plot-points which conflicted with the movies that almost everyone had grown to love.

So, love the saga, but think twice about what it means to be a "fan." Your "like it or get out" mantra sounds more like a cult.

Jargo
11-19-2001, 03:27 PM
We concur with the delegation from Encino. Right on stillakid. This place is in danger of becoming an elitist star wars zealot haven. just because the movies from the OT were so good doesn't mean that the new trilogy will meet those standards which were in actual fact much higher relaticvely based on the technology and resources available at the time of filming the OT. These new movies are all glitz and no content. Fashion parades and technology showcases. Sure there's some nice touches but they don't cut the mustard whichever critical camp you stand in.
But to say that someone who doesn't like the movies as movies is not a fan is ridiculous. I'm not a fan of TPM but I love the designs. I like the artistry that went into the construction of the props and the millions of them that there were. But I still don't like what he (GL) did with it all. Does that negate my status as a star wars fan? hardly.
I agree with stillakid mostly. And I've had this debate before but just grow up a little and accept that just because you like the movie doesn't mean everyone else has to. And more to the point, everyone's opinions are valid. This is a forums site and forums are where things are debated and discussed. By your standards this place would just be full of statements with discussion not tolerated. What a sad place this would be if that were so.

SWAFMAN
11-19-2001, 03:31 PM
I've certainly been a bit fast on the "post reply" button a few times here to flame someone for posing an different POV, but the truth is that differing ideas are one of the main things that make this place so interesting. So long as they're expressed respectfully (my recent lambasting of BraveSirRobin notwithstanding - - sorry, but NO ONE is gonna trash-talk the USA about their Osamaganistan Policy and not get a terse reply from me.)

Welcome, and I look forward to more thoughtfully expressed posts like your last.

Wolfwood319
11-19-2001, 05:01 PM
I think I need to clear up a few things.

First off, I have no problem with people discussing what they don't like about the new trilogy. I have no problem with fans hating the new trilogy either. And I have nothing against stillakid.

What I didn't appreciate was his "TPM-lovers" remark. It came off as an insult to those of us who like TPM, and defend it from the other fans who wish it never came out.

My comments on the other thread were based of stillakid's post, but encompassed the overall bashing that has been on the TPM forum as well as the other forums.

I consider, for the most part, everyone who posts on these forums a fan. I just don't appreciate remarks that are against those who like a certain area of SW that others don't, be it E1, EU, figures, and what have you.

I like Star Wars for what it is, a series of films that has grown into what it is today. I don't post messages that criticize others for enjoying an aspect of Star Wars that I don't care for, and that is what stillakids post came of as.

Bel-Cam Jos
11-19-2001, 06:45 PM
Maybe SSG should include this phrase in their Rules and Policies statement:

You must accept the fact that fans will have different opinions. Star Wars is a movie that many love and enjoy. It is NOT to turn into death threats or personal insults.

Or something like that.
So now we can agree that -
1)TPM isn't enjoyed by all
2)there is no specific definition of a "true SW fan"
3)apologizing adds an extra post to your total :rolleyes:
4)lists are fun to make! :D
5)Pittsburgh is the best sports town in the USA! :Pirate:
6)not all lists are true

:happy:

bigbarada
11-19-2001, 10:38 PM
I have no problem with people saying they hate Ep1, however I do have a problem with someone trying to tell me there is something wrong with me for liking it.

Saying that we "Ep1-lovers" are walking around with blinders on and aren't capable of seeing the truth is very insulting. State your opinion all you want but in the end it is still just YOUR opinion and no more or less important than anyone elses.

I like Ep1 for MY reasons, no one elses. Nothing anyone says will convince me to not like Ep1. I agree with many of the faults you have brought up, stillakid, but your condescending way of presenting those facts irks me to no end. I am fully prepared to accept your opinion, I just ask that you accept ours and stop trying to convince us "Ep1-lovers" to hate the movie.

Rant over in 3...2....GO STEELERS!!!!!:D

SirSteve
11-19-2001, 10:51 PM
Can't we all just... awhh.... forget it.

;)

On a serious note... everyone is entitiled to their opinions. As long as the post/reply is kept within our guidelines as you agreed to when you registered.

Obi-Don
11-20-2001, 05:25 AM
I feel that we all need to agree that we can like or dislike the movie. Express our opinnions and try to keep it in a nonpersonnal matter. Not everything in any of the movies were perfect and never will be.I like to hear what people like and dislike about them. Sometimes I agree and sometimes I don't.That doesn't take away from my love of Star Wars. I feel when we make a point about what someone else post we should try to keep it at a friendly level. Becasue I don't know about how the rest of you feel, but I feel that I have made a lot of new friends here since I joined the forum and we should try to also not take everything as an attack on themselfs. I don't know if I'm making the point that I'm trying to , but I hope this makes sences. One thing I look forword to after a night of work is this forum.And taking off my boots. :D

MTFBWY

JediTricks
11-20-2001, 08:30 AM
Wolfwood and Barada, look at what you're saying, you're saying that you don't like being unjustly accused of being a mindless zealot just because you like Episode I, yet those who say to anti-Ep1 posters that they are not fans of Star Wars, it's the same type of ridiculous overgeneralization. Stillakid and Jargo, it's the same for both sides. Yes, there are folks who don't like Star Wars, and yes, there are folks who adore anything George Lucas pumps out with the Star Wars name on it, but to generalize someone for a few statements on a particular matter, no matter what the matter is, is still unfair to the other party. This applies to both sides of the issue equally.

We don't have to agree on everything to still be Star Wars fans, let's not rip that community of fandom apart based on which movie one person does or doesn't like.

bigbarada
11-20-2001, 10:17 AM
Show me exactly where I said that Ep1-haters were not Star Wars fans.

Wolfwood319
11-20-2001, 11:33 AM
Penguins rock, but the Bears could beat the snot out of the Steelers...this season anyway.

vulcantouch
11-20-2001, 12:32 PM
i missed someone lambasting someone else? where where? :evil:
i agree w/jargo; i ain't 10 years old no more, so i no longer care if sw's anythin But stylin "fashion parades and technology showcases" :cool: the flix & their themes are a pretty small part of my experience of sw at this point anyway; i'm too busy enjoyin my 300fett, potj ig88, r2b1, "art of" books and mm ships! flix, schmix :p three cheers for cool merchandising! :greedy: :greedy: :greedy:
vt

Mandalorian Candidat
11-20-2001, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by Bel-Cam Jos
Maybe SSG should include this phrase in their Rules and Policies statement:

Or something like that.
So now we can agree that -
1)TPM isn't enjoyed by all
2)there is no specific definition of a "true SW fan"
3)apologizing adds an extra post to your total :rolleyes:
4)lists are fun to make! :D
5)Pittsburgh is the best sports town in the USA! :Pirate:
[color=red]6)not all lists are true[/red]

:happy:

Yeah, BCJ, you can say that again. :rolleyes: :)

SWAFMAN
11-20-2001, 04:24 PM
start here & work your way down.... (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/vbportal/forums/showthread.php?postid=16602#post16602)

JediTricks
11-24-2001, 03:52 AM
Originally posted by bigbarada
Show me exactly where I said that Ep1-haters were not Star Wars fans. I never said you did Barada, I said that you (bigbarada) were saying that you don't like being unjustly accused of being a mindless zealot just because you like Episode I, yet those who say to anti-Ep1 posters that they are not fans of Star Wars, it's the same type of overgeneralization.

VT is all about the now when there are cool toys to be had, forget the past, NOW NOW NOW. Did I get the jist? ;)

vulcantouch
11-28-2001, 11:16 PM
old toys, new toys, future toys, whatever yanks that crank :sur: but it's still fun to savor past glory stories, & bitterly, repeatedly rehash missed opportunities, arrrrrr :Pirate: yeah sure, i'm all about the now, but also the cheap & easy, e.g: if the only way i could quickly get an item is to run around like my ash was on fire or pay thru the nose on ebay, i'll just forgo it until it "fell into my lap" under terms acceptable to me.
if cheap & easy pleasures (let's face it, sw ain't ezactly Highbrow, i don't care How many times lucas drops joseph campbell's name :rolleyes: ) ain't cheap & easy, i'd rather wait till they are. otherwise they ain't much fun :o
swaffy: you call That a lambastin? where's the inciViliTy? where's the ViTuperation? where's the Glee? :rolleyes:
vt

SWAFMAN
11-29-2001, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by vulcantouch
swaffy: you call That a lambastin? where's the inciViliTy? where's the ViTuperation? where's the Glee? :rolleyes:
vt

[on the "Rant-O-Meter" the following post rates a 7.5 out of 10]

VT, I know when I'm out-classed. I'd never presume to try and meet your mark in any duel of ideas expressed through the written (well, ok, typed) word. BSR just got my dander up by implying that the USA in some way earned the level of hatred from these terrorists which culminated in the events of September 11th, by virtue of how we've exercised our foreign policy, or how some Global companies who are perceived to be American companies (particularly Oil companies) have exploited resources by bribing gub'ment officials - but leaving the average citizens in many of these countries starving and/or homeless.

The truth is I understand quite well how that process of corruption of government and poverty of the masses festers into hopelessness and makes so many of the young people of these nations so mentally and emotionally ripe for manipulation by these terror-extremists who, rather than offering any real hope or help, simply substitute their own very specific brand of hate for the more generalized hate already in the peoples' hearts. In truth, it is simply a minor variation on the way our own liberal extremists here in the USA foster class envy and racial divisiveness to garner support for their causes and candidates.

Has the USA done everything perfect in our foreign policy? Of course not. Is the USA hypocritical for singling-out muslim fundamentalist terror organizations, while not coming out and naming the mainland Chinese government or the narco-terrorists of South America as equally important targets in our "war" against terrorism? Abso-freakin'-lutely. Do these omissions earn us the honor of deserving what happened to America on September 11th?

vulcantouch
11-29-2001, 11:22 PM
. . ."deserve's got nuthin to do with it" :dead: to me, "we earned this" vs. "we didn't deserve this" is a moot argument.
re "deserve": the flow of history's an impersonal, unfurling scroll, which takes no sides (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/vbportal/forums/showthread.php?postid=13331#post13331) and will continue, in its unstoppable unfurling, to reveal complex consequences to the lesser-of-multiple-evils choices america and every other player has made over time. if one insists on holding the idea (which originated from the pilgrims' religious beliefs and is at the heart of that whole notion of "deserve") that america should or would somehow be an exception to the rule of history, exempt from the inevitable flow of consequences, one will be shocked & disappointed time & again.
i ain't usually much for predictions, & ain't too happy to find the following such an unshakable vision, but what's coming seems clear to me- you heard it here first: the conflict between the west & the islamic world will escalate, and we'll end up ripping each other new ones, leaving both devastated. then asia (which, due both to its own shrewdness and nature, will have remained on the sidelines during that conflict) will rise to prominence. the 21st century belongs to asia. then, when asian power lapses into decadence, it'll either be our turn again, or that of an african/southamerican alliance (the particular strengths & weaknesses of the muslim culture's mindset will disqualify them from posing an effective challenge to asian dominance; meanwhile, africa and south america will find joining together to pool their strengths and relatively similar mindsets an irresistible opportunity; in addition, neither will ally themselves to a western force due to common historical colonial grudges). "shifts happen" ;) but time marches on.
re "earned": though i Like the notion of fairness as much as anyone, not everyone or everything should be "equal". VarieTy, after all, is the spice of life. but abuse of power, resentment and jealousy are inevitable results of even the most benign and unavoidable inequalities. thus, the imperfections of human nature will continue to give rise to additional "history"-
vt

stillakid
11-30-2001, 01:02 AM
Interesting as they are, have these past couple posts gotten lost on their way to another thread?

JediTricks
11-30-2001, 09:55 PM
VT is the master of jumping topics. ;)

Anyway, in all things, I think the most important thing we can do is respect each other's rights to believe what we believe and make sure to not trample on those beliefs. (Yes, it's the golden rule all over again, do unto others as you would have them do unto you.)

jeddah
12-04-2001, 02:48 PM
Of course, the escalator is moving and I agree with most of VT's post, I knew this was going to be a catalyst.

How do we see the Romans today? Masada? Earlier still, when King Zosza had the first pharaohnic statue carved (of himself bien-sur)and later dynasties saw the Middle East as the crucible of civilisation

Let the historians decide who was right or wrong - something that I have found comfort in almost daily since last Sept.

As far as all should be equal, and your closing comments; I'd agree that it is an overtly (but not non-workable) idealistic position to take, but fairness need not include a paradigm shift for the West. What IS needed, however, is the realisation by the States that the people least responsible for Global Warming are those suffereing the most, those most responsible are those taking no responsibility for it, and finally, that this is about oil and the US's consuming and immobilising fear of losing control of it....

jeddah
judge me not by my name ;)

Emperor Howdy
12-04-2001, 09:35 PM
Oh, for the love of God....who's trying to fool who here? Like it or not, TPM was a big, fat, smelly, greasy, zit-faced, skid-marked, diarrhetic flatulent of a SW film....thanks to JarJar, Anakin, and the old woman, that is. Nah, there's other reasons.....but don't EEEEVEN try to compare it to the OT.....it's like its own entity. Why defend it with such passion? You make yourself look like a man who wears women's clothing. The Original Trilogy is to Led Zeppelin, as Ep.1 is to the Backstreet Boys.....period.........................
................oh yeah, and E.U. blows too.

stillakid
12-04-2001, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by Emperor Howdy
Oh, for the love of God....who's trying to fool who here? Like it or not, TPM was a big, fat, smelly, greasy, zit-faced, skid-marked, diarrhetic flatulent of a SW film....thanks to JarJar, Anakin, and the old woman, that is. Nah, there's other reasons.....but don't EEEEVEN try to compare it to the OT.....it's like its own entity. Why defend it with such passion? You make yourself look like a man who wears women's clothing. The Original Trilogy is to Led Zeppelin, as Ep.1 is to the Backstreet Boys.....period.........................

Don't hold back. Tell us how you really feel. ;)

bigbarada
12-05-2001, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by Emperor Howdy

Like it or not, I totally disagree. Which, BTW, is the point of these forums. Saying TPM is a bad movie is an opinion, not a fact. And I WILL compare it to the OT by saying that I believe it holds it's own just fine. Why come on here telling everybody how they should think? You make yourself look like a moron and a jacka-s-s.

Wolfwood319
12-05-2001, 10:46 AM
I can't believe this thread is still going? I thought we all agreed that people have their own opinions. And to present them as truths here is not right, they are just the opinions of one person.

Some liked it, some don't. 'Nuff said.

jeddah
12-05-2001, 02:43 PM
WW319, ain't nothing wrong with a thread that goes on and on and on.... To see how it's done, come see the trains of thought in the Micromachines forum, we'll show ya how to be envronmentally board-friendly.....:D

and why am I talking like VT, Swaffy and GSJ?

jeddah
Is your name a testament to the Federation standoff at Wolf359?

stillakid
12-05-2001, 03:36 PM
Hmm? We could have an entire discussion on the definition of opinion at some point.

While it's fair to say that everyone has their own opinion on any given subject, the real question is whether or not there is such thing as "absolute truth."

Quite specifically, I would bet my very life (yes, that much) in defending the point of view that TPM is fundamentally flawed (in relation to it's counterparts) and is indeed a "bad movie." This obviously gets into the definition of what actually accounts for good storytelling, but we have a thousand of year of literary history to refer to. While not too many people have had the opportunity to read every word yet written, it is quite evident that many of us have read significantly more than others. Enough so to recognize the elements that make or break a story, written or otherwise.

Does this negate one's opinions? Of course not. That's ridiculous. People like what they like. There's no foul in that. But if the elements of good fiction are not present in a work (ie. TPM) then it is skirting the line of an empirical measurement to say that it is "not good." Standing up for what you like is fine, but to maintain that something like TPM, for instance, is fundamentally "good fiction" is false.

Of course, I'll refer back to the beginning with a disclaimer about the validity of "absolute truth." I like to believe that there is such a thing. There is information and then there is interpretation of that information. Generally, we tend to form our opinions, THEN look at the information. Not only that, we look only for that information that confirms the opinion that we wish to have, ignoring the rest.

So, what does this mean? I think that those people who liked TPM (which is perfectly great, I really mean it!) have decided to ignore those elements that are in fact wrong for the saga. Those of us that wanted to like it as much as the first 3 chose to see the information for what it was, without bias. Heck, my friends, who know me as a huge Star Wars fan, are always surprised to hear that I didn't enjoy TPM. I would seem to be the perfect candidate to put on rose-colored glasses for anything with Star Wars on it.

For proof of my fallibility, I own DVD's of SPEED and THE ROCK, both of which are continually panned and are full of holes. I own THE FIFTH ELEMENT as well. Much of that story doesn't compute, but I didn't mind. There was enough there for me to decide to ignore the problems. For any Star Wars film, it's a different situation with me. I demand and expect flawless. Why? Precedent. GL did it from 1977 to 1983.

Whether "it" is perfect as is or whether we have chosen to overlook "it's" flaws, we like what we like for whatever reasons we want. It's only human...and hey, it's okay.:happy:

bigbarada
12-05-2001, 04:11 PM
I have no problem with admitting TPM had flaws, however, I disagree with calling ROTJ "flawless." :p

stillakid
12-05-2001, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by bigbarada
I have no problem with admitting TPM had flaws, however, I disagree with calling ROTJ "flawless." :p

I'll concede that point of order. While I didn't find any plot flaws capable of bringing down the ship as was with TPM, there were several "problems" that were glossed over. Such as the whole deactivating the shield generator thing. Our heroes had no reason for having the shield deactivated to land on Endor. The shield was protecting the Death Star...not the planet. Stuff like that. Not huge, but definitely there.

Wolfwood319
12-05-2001, 06:28 PM
Here are the things that I don't like in TPM.

1. Midichloreans; obviously a device used to show how powerful Anakin really is, but in turn it completely threw some elements of continuity into question. (stillakid can explain in detail, he's much better at it then I am)

2. Ewan McGregor and Jake Lloyd's acting. I thought neither of them were as good as they can be, or have been in other films.

3. The inclusion of 3PO, I found this to be absurd. It was just an excuse to have another OT character in the prequel, as he had no relavence to the story, what so ever.

4. The second time they run into the "big goober fish." The first time was nice, a little "look what we can do with cgi" type of thing, but to do the exact same sequence twice in a row was a bit much.

Those are the flaws I found. Does that mean I still don't like the move, of course not. I enjoy TPM very much. But I don't ignore that it is not perfect, but there are flaws to just about every movie. Even Romeo and Juliet (shakespeare's actual play, not the movies) has one huge gaping flaw, as well as minor inconsitancies.

But the term "bad movie" is relative. When critics rate a movie it is their opinion, based on their opinion of what makes a good movie. Primarily, movies are made to be enjoyed by people, if they do that, then the rest is just details. You can go to a film class, and learn what makes a good movie. But the initial foundation of what makes a "good movie" is based on peoples' opinions. If you think that TPM was a good movie, then it is, to you, and that's all that matters.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Its all relative.

stillakid
12-05-2001, 07:36 PM
I agree with you 100%. And, yes, I also believe that the cookie stand is not part of the food court.

JediTricks
12-06-2001, 02:46 AM
Mallrats' Brodie was correct, the term "food court" is in reference to a specific area zoned off just for food sales and consumption, while the cookie stand was nowhere near that area - hence: not part of the food court.

An unwritten policy of these forums is that nobody is "wrong" about their opinion unless they themselves prove that opinion to be false (i.e., someone who claims they loved Ep 1, yet trashes it constantly and can't think of anything they actually like about the film), but most folks who state things as facts such as "Ep 1 is the best Star Wars film" are actually referring to their personal opinions, but are too lazy to mention this as opinion. However, the line between "I forgot to mention, that's only my opinion" and "I'm making up my own facts to falsely support my opinions while trampling on yours" is difficult to read unless you're in the poster's head, so try to tread lightly when reading other people's "opinio-facts", or just ignore them completely if you are so inclined.

jeddah
12-08-2001, 03:19 PM
I'd like to mitigate Wolfs comments on Ewan. As we are probably all aware, opinions notwithstanding, EMcG is an accomplished actor. That aside, when seeing EP1 for the first time in Leicester Square, I immediately picked up on what I believed was a purposeful attempt on his behalf to emulate Sir Alec Guiness's winsome and sagacious inflections.

jeddah :kiss:

Lobito
12-10-2001, 03:34 PM
Whats the difference...in al 4 films we have laser swords...!!! hehehe, ok Light sabers...elegant weapons...frm a more civilized time.:Pirate:

Now, IN MY OPINION:

I liked TPM as much as the OT.
Were there things i didnt like about the movie?? Yep, 2 actually:
1.- The way Darth Maul died.
2.- The fact that Jabba didnt talk.

Thats it, everything else was perfect FOR ME. Midiclorians, the race, Jar Jar. yep.

:eek: :p