PDA

View Full Version : Padme: Wedding & Coleman Trebor Carded Images!!

Beast
05-24-2003, 03:40 PM
Both figures showed up on ebay earlier today. These are the final carded images of both of the figures. Padme looks eons better then the original prototype images, though her face could use a bit more blush. Intresting note that they now show two rows of figures on the backs of the cards, and C-3PO has been given the name "Tatooine Ambush". :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
05-24-2003, 03:42 PM
Here's a better look at Padme's face in the package. Can't wait for these to start turning up the stores. The face definatly looks much improved over the earlier images we saw. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
05-24-2003, 03:45 PM
And the back of Padme's Card. Nice to see that they are going to start showing most of the currently available figures in the wave on the back of the cards. Since that's somthing people have been asking for for a while. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
05-24-2003, 03:46 PM
Coleman Trebor, also known as one of the most overly anticipated figures of all time. They did a really nice job on him though. Here's another case of a figure that would be hard or impossible to fit on the old cards. He's Huge. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
05-24-2003, 03:48 PM
A better close-up of Coleman. Wish they would have packed in a soft goods robe, but he doesn't really wear it that long in the film. Besides, if/when they get around to him for the Jedi Council sets he should have one there. They did a great job on him. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
05-24-2003, 03:49 PM
And finally, Coleman's card back. Hopefully once the summer is in swing these and the other figures will be easier to find. Since the stores are mostly bare at the moment. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

DarthBrandon
05-24-2003, 03:50 PM
Thanks for the pics JarJarBinks,

they look great and I can't wait for Coleman, as for Padme I'll probably pic her up too.:D

Turbowars
05-24-2003, 03:56 PM
Nice pics JJB. I really like these new cards. They have a touch of class. The back is nice as well. I'm happy to see more figures displayed on the back. Now to try to find them along with a few waves before these.

I am Jabba the Hutt
05-24-2003, 04:04 PM
Great pictures JarJar... the new cards are really striking looking. On the back of the cards, that Darth Maul looks AWESOME, I've never seen that figure before.
Oh and also, there's a picture of the new Darth Vader, with the helmet on, he looks great with the helmet on which is cool, I was a little worried that the helmet would be ridiculously huge.
I'll be getting my Luke and Darth next week so I'll see just how good those both really are.
I'll be sure to get Coleman too, I wonder how hard/easy he'll be to get.
The Padme does look cool, the face looks like Shmi from that picture but she looks even better on other photos.

Turbowars
05-24-2003, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by I am Jabba the Hutt
Great pictures JarJar... the new cards are really striking looking. On the back of the cards, that Darth Maul looks AWESOME, I've never seen that figure before.
Oh and also, there's a picture of the new Darth Vader, with the helmet on, he looks great with the helmet on which is cool, I was a little worried that the helmet would be ridiculously huge. :) That Maul is a rehash. I think it's from the POTJ Masters of the Dark side 2 pack, vey nice figure (correct me if I'm wrong guys) and why would you think Vaders Helmet would be to big? The POTF2 version was fine.:)

I am Jabba the Hutt
05-24-2003, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
Hopefully once the summer is in swing these and the other figures will be easier to find. Since the stores are mostly bare at the moment. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

How about online stores? Then again, I guess with online stores, you can't really get the best paint job, is that why you don't shop online JJB?

I am Jabba the Hutt
05-24-2003, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by turbowars
and why would you think Vaders Helmet would be to big? The POTF2 version was fine.:)

I never had the POTF2 version and there have been cases when the helmet has been out of scale, I heard that the Luke stormtrooper outfit ad that problem?

Turbowars
05-24-2003, 04:18 PM
I see, well that Luke was from years ago and it looked OK for it's time. Figures have come along way. Did you just start collecting I am Jabba?

I am Jabba the Hutt
05-24-2003, 04:22 PM
I see, well that Luke was from years ago and it looked OK for it's time. Figures have come along way. Did you just start collecting I am Jabba?

Nope, I've been collecting for years, I had the vintage toys as a kid and then I started collecting in 1995, I got a couple of items, then I really started after the phantom menace, I'm not a completist though, it drives me crazy trying to find the figures that I do like already!

You're right, figures have come along way since then, I guess I thought it'd be kinda hard to do a Vader helmet that'd be able to fit on the head and look in scale. Cause I think the Vader helmet hasn't really been sculpted that well until Darth Vader Dagobah, Darth Vader Emperors Wrath and of course, the recent Vader Bespin. :)

Beast
05-24-2003, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by I am Jabba the Hutt
How about online stores? Then again, I guess with online stores, you can't really get the best paint job, is that why you don't shop online JJB?
Not being able to get the best piant jobs is one of the reasons. I'm not a huge fan of online stores at all, so I try to get what I can when they finally turn up at B&M's. Whatever can't be located, I'll usually snag a bit later from online. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Old Fossil
05-24-2003, 04:45 PM
Nice pics JJB. I really like these new cards. They have a touch of class. The back is nice as well. I'm happy to see more figures displayed on the back. Now to try to find them along with a few waves before these.

Ditto! They're more striking than the boring blue Saga cards we have now. Should display nicely for carded collectors.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-24-2003, 05:06 PM
Well, these both look great. However, I can only make out a few of the names from the back . . . could you help?
#17 Luke Skywalker (Throne Room Duel)
#18 Darth Vader (Throne Room Duel)
#19 Snowtrooper (The Battle of Hoth)
#20 Jango Fett (Kamino Escape)
#21 C-3PO (Tatooine Ambush)
#22 Padme Amidala (Secret Ceremony)
#23 Wat Tambor (Geonosis War Room)
#24 Coleman Trebor (Battle of Geonosis)
#25 Darth Maul (Theed Complex Duel)
#26 Princess Leia (Imperial Capture)
#27 Han Solo (Flight to ???)
I like the new packaging too, with more figures and the name of the film on the side. :) Too bad I won't see these till 2006. :crazed:

Beast
05-24-2003, 05:07 PM
Han's is Flight to Alderaan. Guess I need Dar to update the list, again. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Kidhuman
05-24-2003, 05:07 PM
NIce pics JJB. Coleman looks awesome and Padme looks pretty good as well.

Jargo
05-24-2003, 07:01 PM
'Padme pizza dough hat' isn't that great now we see the final version. But Coleman rocks the Casbah! What a fantastic looking figure and he's huge! Gotta get me that toy for definate. Pizza dough hat Padme just says pegwarmer to me.

plasticfetish
05-24-2003, 08:27 PM
Nice, nice, nice.
Yep, those new cards are nice. (Even Padme doesn't look half bad carded.) I wonder if all of the cards will say "Attack of the Clones" on them ... even for the non-AOTC figures.

So wait ... we're going to have "Attack of the Clones" and "Clone Wars" cards? Time for another section in the database I think, huh?

Very exciting ... well, hopefully my son will be able to find these in stores by the time he's an adult.

Turbowars
05-24-2003, 08:27 PM
LOL EJ I guess with the pack in broccoli that makes her a Vegi pizza lover.

Turbowars
05-24-2003, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by plasticfetish

I wonder if all of the cards will say "Attack of the Clones" on them ... even for the non-AOTC figures.
No, I heard that if the figure is from ANH the side of the card will read ANH.

JangoFart
05-24-2003, 10:42 PM
I am VERY fond of these new cards. Easily the most attractive Star Wars card yet produced. I can't wait to have two new card series to add to my collection.

New Padme looks great, too. I'm SOOO happy they got rid of that butch face mold.

J

TheDarthVader
05-24-2003, 11:35 PM
I can't wait! These new figures look neat, and the cards are just beautiful! Wow...it is about time Hasbro listened to us and gave us the nice cards with each different movie printed on the side from each movie a specific character appeared. Well done!

plasticfetish
05-24-2003, 11:47 PM
... and now if they could go back to putting photos of each individual character on the cards ...

bobafrett
05-25-2003, 12:49 AM
The pictures are very nice. I love the new cards, now lets hope they get some of the characters out that we have so longed for. I mean they put Coleman in there, how about a few more!

hango fett
05-25-2003, 09:25 AM
These look great! i can't wait to find them!
H

mylow thehutt
05-25-2003, 11:38 AM
Is the ambush 3PO a rehash or a new fig?

Turbowars
05-25-2003, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by mylow thehutt
Is the ambush 3PO a rehash or a new fig? yes, it's the POTF2 Freeze Frame C-3PO with removable limbs.

sith_killer_99
05-25-2003, 11:59 AM
I am still trying to figure out why in God's name Hasbro decided to rehash these figures?!?!

Don't get me wrong, these are good figures, but they were almost all peg warmers just a few short years ago. I found every one of these figures at retail back in 1999-2000. Most of these I found for $2.00-$3.00 at TRU or KB! So why pay $5.00 now? I will not be getting these.:mad:

If Hasbro really cared about collectors they would have rehashed the last waves of EP1.:Pirate:

Anyway, I like the new packaging, but that's like 4 different card in one year. I swear I haven't seen this many different cards at one time since 99 (POTF2 Green Card, POTF2 Freeze Frame, Flashback, EP1).

The "new" figures look great. :D Let's just hope we can find them.

BTW, if anyone wants that C-3PO I have 2 up for trade.;) :p

Old Fossil
05-25-2003, 01:00 PM
The C3P0 that came with the coin would have been better than reissuing the Removable Limbs version.

Beast
05-26-2003, 11:00 AM
yes, it's the POTF2 Freeze Frame C-3PO with removable limbs.
It's actually the POTF2 Flashback Shop Worn C-3PO. The removable limbs version would have made more sense, but the OT re-issues are meant to all be figures from the first movie. Just like they did with the vintage line. And I agree, it should have been the MMC C-3PO that was re-issued. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Turbowars
05-26-2003, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
It's actually the POTF2 Flashback Shop Worn C-3PO. The removable limbs version would have made more sense, but the OT re-issues are meant to all be figures from the first movie. Just like they did with the vintage line. And I agree, it should have been the MMC C-3PO that was re-issued. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks Oh my bad, I thought I read that somewhere. Removable limbs makes for sense with the name Ambush C-3PO. Heck yeah it should have been the MMC.

TheDarthVader
05-26-2003, 01:27 PM
Let's not forget that if we buy these rehashed figures we at least get a new base for each one! Whooptie doo! The fact is, hasbro should not have released any of these figures again. We already have them! And rehashing the Jango Fett Kamino Escape figure is just plain dumb.

Teeska Mon Eebon
05-26-2003, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by TheDarthVader
And rehashing the Jango Fett Kamino Escape figure is just plain dumb.

Yeah that really doesn't make sense because that's the biggest pegwarmer here.....

Turbowars
05-26-2003, 09:25 PM
Hasbro will probably slip the 02 Jango with the old card into the 03 case, because they have about 50,000 from the recall. It wouldn't suprise me one bit.

JangoFart
05-29-2003, 10:11 PM
I just hooked up with a dude I know who has both Coleman and Padme in stock. I ordered one of each for 19 bucks each.

Let the "I would have never paid that much for a new figure" and the "I'd rather rot in Sahara while vultures ate at my intestines than own those figures" comments commence :)

J

Old Fossil
05-29-2003, 10:14 PM
At $19 each, are you sure the dude you're buying them from isn't himself a vulture??? 'Cause he's picked your bones clean, man.

JangoFart
05-29-2003, 10:22 PM
Yep, and didn't even offer a reach-around.

I'll sit around feeling violated until they arrive....

I also got one of each of the new Clone Wars deluxe packs for $18 each. Should I feel violated for that, too?

J

plasticfetish
05-30-2003, 02:11 AM
Well. You're an adult, you can pay whatever you want for whatever you want.

Though, I think you may have set a record for most money spent on a Padme figure.

JangoFart
05-30-2003, 10:04 AM
True...

I'm sure that I'll regret this deal later on when these Padme and Coleman figures are as easy to find as, say, Ephant, Anakin SC, Barriss Offee, Aayla Secura, Anakin and Dooku speeders, or anything else that has come out in the past 6 months.

J

Jargo
05-30-2003, 06:38 PM
Is any Padme worth that much? Coleman yeah, Padme - hmmmmm.....

I was at my TRU the other day and they had a clearance sale on star wars and the stuff was on a gondola by the entrance and damn near all of it was jango kamino escape, Deluxe jango, Final battle Jango, Ani OPD, Ani HD, Obi CS, Deluxe Obi FF, Deluxe Dooku FF. Nothing at all remotely worth buying seeing as I was in a week earlier and snaffled all the clonetroopers they had :D

That stuff will sit there until the cows learn to milk themselves and form a union. There's no chance TRU UK will get new stock in with all that **** hanging around. These repacked older figures will no doubt face the same fate and hang on the pegs forever more. If TRU UK ever decides to buy any more star wars stock.

kdp100
05-30-2003, 06:42 PM
Unless TRU UK are doing the same as the US retailers and writing-off all their old stock in preparation for new deliveries? Or is that too optimistic of me?

Not sure I can be bothered catching the bus all the way to my "local" TRU to check...

JangoFart
05-31-2003, 03:05 AM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
Is any Padme worth that much? Coleman yeah, Padme - hmmmmm.....

Oh, I couldn't agree with that any more than I already do. HOWEVER!!! Let's just say I found a new issue Padme for $10 - which, I'm sure MOST would agree is a great price for an unreleased figure - then, I'd have to pay ANOTHER shipping charge of $5.00 or so. I figured that I would kinda bite the bullet on that Padme and go ahead and get it at the same time.

It's not like a paid $20 for a Palpatine with Action Liver Spots or anything. :) The way I display my collection, which has fairly substantially changed from the last time I posted any pics of it, is to have a rows of each of the modern series - from Orange card POTF2 to Saga starburst. I wanted to have more than just one in the new row. (Which, BTW, what the hell are we calling the new one?)

And, Jargo, I feel your pain all too well with regard to there being NOTHING to get lately. Even if I had a spare $500 burning a hole in my pocket, there's absolutely nothing to buy. Unfortunately, I don't see it getting a whole hell of a lot better.

J

Banthaholic
05-31-2003, 08:31 AM
JangoFart, I don't blame you for paying those prices. I've easily waisted that in gas this month looking at stores and I have nothing.
So let the others complain, but goood for you...

Kidhuman
05-31-2003, 10:47 AM
Wow that was alot, but I don't blame you. If you want it it is your money and you do what you want with it. I would pay that if I hadn't found any in a long while.

Turbowars
05-31-2003, 10:50 AM
Guys leave JangoFart alone, He's loaded.:)

jpak001
05-31-2003, 01:09 PM
I don't blame JangoFart....

I've been tempted to do the same thing w/Aayla and Barris...... Mabye we should all get loaded so we can forget how hard it is to find these "new" figures!

The Coleman looks awesome, MUST HAVE IT! ...probably pass on pizza dough hat/veggie lover Padme though... Doesn't interest me at all.

Hellboy
05-31-2003, 03:21 PM
So now that we've seen carded images of Padme (#22) and Coleman Trebor (#24) with images of figure #'s 17-27 on the card backs are we to assume that the Saga card change will start with # 17 Luke TRD? I may have missed it but I haven't heard exactly what figure would be the first to sport the new card design. Has anyone heard where in the line it will start? :confused:

JangoFart
06-01-2003, 02:15 AM
Originally posted by Hellboy
So now that we've seen carded images of Padme (#22) and Coleman Trebor (#24) with images of figure #'s 17-27 on the card backs are we to assume that the Saga card change will start with # 17 Luke TRD? I may have missed it but I haven't heard exactly what figure would be the first to sport the new card design. Has anyone heard where in the line it will start? :confused:

With my luck, they'll be all over the aisles tomorrow now that I just paid that price for them. LOL - about right, though....

No, I haven't heard anything about when they are supposed to be officially released. Hell, I don't even know if we're still calling it the "Saga" line. You'd figure with such a drastic card change, a name change would be in order as well. (Which, in case I haven't mentioned it in the past 10 minutes, I LOVE the new cards!!)

And, for the record, I am NOT loaded! I WISH I had the problem of too much money, but I just don't. I might have a little more disposable cash then some of you, but that sure as hell doesn't make me loaded. I might be a lawyer, but I ASSURE you, I have more debt right now than most of you will see in your lives. (For instance, law school set me back about $120K. Don't know about you folks, but $120K doesn't grow on trees 'round these parts. In other words, I'm stretched to the teeth in student loans - the note to which is more than my house note.) Tack onto that, a wife, 3 kids and one 4 months away, 2 cars, house note, insurance, blah, blah, blah, and the math just don't add up to "loaded". Damn shame, too......

J

Turbowars
06-01-2003, 09:50 AM
It's called denial old buddy;)

stillakid
06-01-2003, 01:42 PM
I'm a little late to this party, but thanks JJB for the pix!

The cards look great. I'm particularly enamored with the index title down the left side of the front giving the specific movie that the figure is from. I recall suggesting this idea a while back. Whether they read the idea and used it, or came up with it independently, I'm happy. :) Can't wait to see other figures from the different films show up on these cards.