PDA

View Full Version : Unproduced/Varient CloneTrooper 3-Pack Pose?

Beast
05-25-2003, 01:34 AM
This auction turned up on Ebay, with pictures of a CloneTrooper posed in a manner that doesn't match any of the three from the packaged samples or displays that Hasbro has shown. Is this another future planned varient? :confused: :)

This is the same guy who also has the green and red clone, as well as the A-Wing, Padme, and Coleman Trebor figures. A bit expensive for my wallet and tastes, but an intresting figure none the less. :)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2476&item=3132563979

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
05-25-2003, 01:36 AM
A side view of the CloneTrooper. :)

Beast
05-25-2003, 01:37 AM
A rear view of the CloneTrooper.

Beast
05-25-2003, 01:39 AM
And finally, a comparison photo. :)

Jargo
05-25-2003, 09:54 AM
Probably won't ever get produced because it's really not too dissimilar to the red clonetrooper from 2002. Nice sculpt and all that but Unless someone over at hasbroken takes pity on poor army builders the three is all we'll probably get. Leastways in the near future. I like him though. Would have prefered this one to the laying down sniper. Don't recall seeing any snipers in the movie. From what I've seen of clonetroopers i don't belive sneak tactics is in their training. it's all out up front attack. This one should have been in the three pack really.

Kidhuman
05-25-2003, 09:56 AM
They might have been trained for sniper attacks being cloned from Jango. We do see him snipe Zam down outside the club on Courascant. But who knows, if we get this one we will be lucky to have a different pose.

LTBasker
05-25-2003, 03:39 PM
I wish he had gotten this one instead of the laying down dude as well, this one is even holding the rifle correctly. It's a bit much of an action pose and he's pointing downward, but if it was modified a bit to him point straight, it wouldn't be so bad.

plasticfetish
05-25-2003, 09:39 PM
That is cool. Who knows ... they may have tested out a bunch of versions and this was version "c". Can't have enough troopers, hope we see this and even more in time.

JangoFart
05-26-2003, 03:13 AM
I don't understand why all the Clone Troopers need to be posed as if they are taking a dump in the woods and don't want their hineys touched by the tall grass.

Maybe the answer will come to me someday.....

J

JEDIpartner
05-28-2003, 11:09 AM
I know... I wish they would produce at least one pack of articulated Clone Troopers that was in a neutral pose. That would make up for all of the redundant action posed versions. I mean... I like these and all but I would like to see some that could just be standing around or in formation. *sigh*

LTBasker
05-28-2003, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
I mean... I like these and all but I would like to see some that could just be standing around or in formation. *sigh*

I know what you mean, it'd be nice if they rereleased the Red Clone sculpt in standard white clone as one of the $20 4-packs.

I'd rather they make new articulated sculpts though, we know they can do it and they'd be huge sellers. Look at how much the Red Clone sells out everywhere! I'd like a Clone that could go from battle posing to a marching pose, it's not that hard. I figure it would need about,
Ball-joints shoulders
Ball-joint neck
Ball-joints shoulders
Swivel left elbow
Ball-joint right elbow
Swivel wrists
Swivel waist
Ball-joint knees
Pivoting ankles

The reason you'd only need a swivel instead of ball joint on the left arm is because you only need him to extend his arm. He'd have wrist articulation so his hand could be posistioned right, and you don't have to worry about the differences between marching and holding his rifle. The Clones' hold their rifles by shooting with their right hand, so they hold the barrel with their left. They also hold the stock of the rifle with their left when marching, so that can be left slightly open.

I know it seems like a lot but really it's not when you think about it. All these articulation points have been put on figures and when done right can look good. They could even make it the 400th Figure and charge $10, I'd still buy it if it was like the ultimate Clone Trooper.

aceguide
05-28-2003, 04:17 PM
Articulation is a lingering problem with Hasbro. The scene specific figures do not bother me - so long as we eventually see an articulated neutral figures at some point. As they are mostly primary characters it would seem more likely to eventually get a neutral one.

But with the Clones why pre-pose them? It's like the stormies they FINALLY released after 25 years in the army builder packs - not perfect - but at least verging on neutral. I guess I was naive to think that having finally gotten in right they would think twice about the poses...

JEDIpartner
05-29-2003, 04:02 PM
I agree. You would think after all of the collector/fan clamouring for additional Commtech Stormtroopers that Hasblah would have seen the need for this type of Clone Trooper figure. It's really quite a shame that they are so inconsistent in their sculpts. Perhaps one day...

JangoFart
06-09-2003, 04:50 PM
I received my 3 Clone Wars deluxe jobbies and, for those who care, there is next to no articulation on any of the 3 Clone Troopers. No knee, elbow, or thigh movement on any of them. (Not that this matters to me b/c they'll never breath air, but some of you openers care.)

J

JangoFart
06-10-2003, 01:45 AM
Oh, yeah. One other thing that really surprised me:

The cards are a size of no Star Wars item before it. They are not the usual 7 7/8(W) x 8 7/8(H) as all other deluxe lines before them. They are now 7 1/2(W) x 8 1/4(H). This doesn't sound like much on paper, but the difference is quite substantial. These cards will not, for example, fit into any case that I know of. They will KINDA fit into a standard SLU case (which is what is used for all deluxe figures). But, they are both too narrow and too short to be held in place. Plus, the bubble on the Droid Army and the Battle Launcher are too deep for those cases.

So, I'm off on a hunt for sumpin' to put another odd-shaped card in......

J