PDA

View Full Version : About the "recall"

JangoFeet
05-25-2003, 08:40 PM
At the Super Target I work at I found an entire pallete of SW Collection 1, Wave 4 toys. That's right. An entire pallete. It was stacked about 6 feet high, maybe a bit more. It would barely clear a doorway.
If you don't know how big a pallete is, then just think of about 100 or so cases stacked up in a cube. Hell, 100 is probably being conservative. It was in our recieving dock with a notice, "DO NOT REMOVE FROM CHARGE BACK. ITEM(S) HAVE BEEN RECALLED" It will be sent back within the next few days. While it's great news that Target is getting rid of all this crap for new figs, it's kind of scary that we had THAT many toys floating around in the back. Everytime I searched for new figs at that store since about December, I've been wasting my time!
I'd have to imagine that this is happening at all Targets across the country, or at least any of them in the South, since we are all run off the same distributors.

plasticfetish
05-25-2003, 09:12 PM
So it's a ... Total Recall?

keithfite
05-25-2003, 11:52 PM
Stuff like that makes me feel cooky. Im not mad at the target people for doing that. Star Wars figures isnt everyones top priority. Im sure employees dont sit around all day obsessing" oh my God I must stock the star wars, how is the star wars supply". Even though they should But when you ask if they have any in the back and they say no, and THEY REALLY HAVE EM, thats not right. They should go look. They cant say its an incovenience. ITS THERE FREAKIN JOB. Oh well

JangoFeet
05-26-2003, 02:16 AM
The reason none of it was ever stocked was cos it was just more of the same pegwarmers already on the filled shelves. Every now and then we got a case or two of new stuff, and it was put out right away. But for the most part, it was all more pegwarmers.

Brainiak76
05-26-2003, 02:33 AM
do you know if and when you guys will be stocking the new figs? the target near me hasnt got new figs since the Palpatine wave!

Val Da Car
05-26-2003, 07:06 AM
In addition what if some good figures are buried in the pallet of figures....

Remember if it is not out it can't sell out

Kidhuman
05-26-2003, 07:16 AM
Sounds like good news in your area. Hopefully all targets are doing it. I have 2 super Targets. We shall see in a few days hopefully.

Banthaholic
05-26-2003, 08:32 AM
The other day while lookinga t my Target I noticed that there pegs where completely cleared. That's right, the Palpatine's Djas Puhrs, Darth Bespins, everything, gone...

Right now they are compltetly empty, although I'll be checking daily to see when/if they get 'new' figures in.

Now this recall must be Target only, so far. I'm sure other stores will do so in good time, althought the Wal-mart two blocks away from this Target still has 100+ pegwarmers, with nothing newer than Palpatine. And 50+ cantina sets.
Although there toy manager is always an idiot. He does it with all lines, i something starts selling he orders tons of them thinking that demand will keep up. Unfort he must have been skipping his college class the day they discussed how to properly stock in a small time town of 50,000.

sith_killer_99
05-26-2003, 09:20 AM
TRU has already been cleared by Hasbro, from what I have read/heard, Target is clearing now and who knows which stores will be next.

It's funny, Hasbro aparently did better business with SAGA than with EP1, yet here are all these peg warmers going back, and only a few new cases have trickled into stores in the last month or two with as solid 4-5 month dry period.:rolleyes:

As for Target not checking the stuff in the back, well, it has been Target's long standing policy not to stock during business hours. Most Target's have signs posted to indicate that "Collectors items" will not be pulled from the back during the day. They re-stock overnight, so you have to get there early.

The employees should tell people that, instead of just saying that they have no new stock.

If you ask me, this policy is bad business practice, however Target knows they can get away with it. Collectors will not "cut off their nose to spite their face". In other words we will not ignore a legitimate avenue of finding new figures (no matter how remote), just to stick our thumbs in Target's eye.

It's garbage like this that makes me want to join Kebco!

Turbowars
05-26-2003, 10:52 AM
I don't know about my Greatlands Target here in Burbank CA because I refuse to check anymore, but my TRU has 2 carded figures on the pegs Annie and Zam. A few weeks ago (last time a stopped in) they had 50+ Padme's. I guess it's safe to say that they pulled them off the pegs for newer waves. Reports have been coming in that they have gotten the 4 pack and they just got in the robotic armed Annie 12".

Kidhuman
05-26-2003, 12:27 PM
Wal-Mart was supposed to clear themout awhile ago. I still see stuff from last April 23rd in there. I hope that they all do this send back with all places.

kool-aid killer
05-26-2003, 12:35 PM
A Toys r Us by where i work has only preview figures (no clones though) and a nearby Target only had accessory packs on the pegs. Im thinking (hoping really) that this week they may actually get in some new figures.

dr_evazan22
05-26-2003, 05:19 PM
Reading thru this thread reminded me that I was able to pick up 2 Spider Droids and a SBattle Droid Builder this a.m. at my local Target. So now I'm opening them. There were 8-10 pegs that were completely empty though waiting for figs.

And to think I only went to get the Johnny Cash CD/DVD.

My TRU still has a full wall of older fig's.

Teeska Mon Eebon
05-26-2003, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by sith_killer_99

As for Target not checking the stuff in the back, well, it has been Target's long standing policy not to stock during business hours. Most Target's have signs posted to indicate that "Collectors items" will not be pulled from the back during the day. They re-stock overnight, so you have to get there early.

The employees should tell people that, instead of just saying that they have no new stock.

If you ask me, this policy is bad business practice, however Target knows they can get away with it. Collectors will not "cut off their nose to spite their face". In other words we will not ignore a legitimate avenue of finding new figures (no matter how remote), just to stick our thumbs in Target's eye.

Wow our Target always stocks in the mornings...

sith_killer_99
05-26-2003, 07:56 PM
I'm sure there are exceptions, to every rule. But most Targets hide behind the "Collectible Policy" and use it as an excuse to not check stuff in the back during the day, and restock throughout the day.

They are the only store I know of that does this. Overall, I have found that Target seems to have a hatred of collectors. Basically if you can't be there when they open your SOL.

bobafrett
05-26-2003, 07:58 PM
Two of the Target stores in my area have the basic figure sections cleared out. I did find one Spider Droid and a Super Battle Droid Builder, but they were hidden in the Lego isle.

keithfite
05-27-2003, 12:12 AM
In columbus ohio today I went to a bunch of targets. All the basic collection was completley gone in all of them. alls they had were the deluxe exclusive sets off battle arena,and hoth soldier. A guy told me The targets hadnt really got any new stuff in. But they were clearing all there figures out. They expect to get the new ones. I hope they do. Something tells me even after all the targets send the recalled figures back, there will still be some problem. Its to good to be true they just trade in and get all the new waves

JangoFeet
05-27-2003, 12:46 AM
Target does indeed stock during the day. However this is mostly ad items and items that are empty on the shelves.
And if your Target has a grocery department, such as mine, we stock during the day. That's what I do. (In addition to many other things).

As far as "other waves being buried in that pallete" no. There aren't. How do I know? That pallete was not just sitting in the back room like that. It was only built a few days ago, so if there was anything other than Wave 4, it would have been put out. In fact, a single case of the Anakin Hanger Duel Wave was put up. They must have found it while putting that pallete together! I spoke to one of the overnight flow team members who generally works in toys tonight and he said that every week we got a case or two, and every week it was always "that same damn box with Vader and Mace Windu!"

I'm sure there are exceptions, to every rule. But most Targets hide behind the "Collectible Policy" and use it as an excuse to not check stuff in the back during the day, and restock throughout the day.

They are the only store I know of that does this. Overall, I have found that Target seems to have a hatred of collectors. Basically if you can't be there when they open your SOL.

We do not use that "Collectable Policy" as an excuse to not check stuff. We glady will check on stuff in the backroom during the day. That's our job, HOWEVER with certain items it is difficult. We can look in the back for action figures, but we simply cannot search for a specific toy. It is too difficult to look for "The blue guy" or "The guy with the special sword". All we can do is bring out full cases and bust them open. Which we do if the shelf or pegs are low or empty. But this is too time consuming to do all the time, just to search for a specific toy. We have many other responsibilities and jobs to do all day, without spending 30 minutes searching through cases where the toy may or may not even be! The lil signs we have up say that "We cannot look for a specific toy". Not that we will not look for collectable items at all. We just cannot spend that much time to look for specific characters.
And yes, I am aware that you said most Targets, but those are very unfair assumptions you made. We do not hate collectors, that's just stupid. If we "hated" them we wouldn't aknowlege them or even stock some of the products that we do!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-27-2003, 05:27 PM
I haven't been to Super Target in a while, but all they have is Palpatine, Orn and Djas. Actually, one of them had the Lott Dod wave, and I was able to finally get a beardless soldier. I have three nearby Targets, one of them has like three figures (the one where I got the soldier) and the oher regular Target and Super Target have the situation I described above. Aww well . . .

El Chuxter
05-27-2003, 05:49 PM
Why didn't they mark all the figures down to $1 overnight, then replace them with the same thing at the original price the next week, like every Target I've been to seems to have done with the Harry Potter figures?

JediTricks
05-27-2003, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by plasticfetish
So it's a ... Total Recall? Gee, I don't remember. :D

Turbowars
05-27-2003, 07:37 PM
Dude don't tell me that some Targets don't like Collectors. I have had a few run in's with the people in the toys. Just a quike story. I had one guy take a case back in the warehouse, when all I did was ask him to open it. I called the manager and all they did was back eachother up. I called the Store manager and he had no problem with getting me the case. It's not there stuff, but they act like it is. Target is here to make $$$, someone should let these 6.50 an hour workers know.

JangoFeet
05-27-2003, 10:58 PM
I'm not gonna defend what they did in that store, although I'm not really sure why there would be a case out on the floor during the day anyways.
One thing though, Target does own that "stuff" Any merchandise in the store is owned by Target, EXCEPT for Vendor items. These are Frito Lay, Pepperidge Farm and some of the soda companies.

Teeska Mon Eebon
05-28-2003, 12:12 AM
Yesss!!! I checked and all the regular figures are gone! Maybe we'll se something new!!!!!!

Robertoc
05-28-2003, 12:54 AM
I m done with going store to store. i think Ill just get mine on ebay.

Mandalorian Candidat
05-28-2003, 10:46 AM
My local Target must have restocked during the holiday weekend. I found a lone 2003 Padme on the pegs after they had been bare for about a week.

JEDIpartner
05-28-2003, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by sith_killer_99
TRU has already been cleared by Hasbro, from what I have read/heard, Target is clearing now and who knows which stores will be next.

[snip]

Funny... I was at the TRU at Bailey's Crossroads in VA and there sat a TON of Sabes and FX-7s as well as Lott Dodd, Anakin (TA) and the rest of that wave. The place was STOCKED with old merchandise. I was evening able to get a couple Clone Troopers for customising.

Jedi Drew just recently joined KEBco... ahhh... it's a sign of the times.

Obi-wedge
05-28-2003, 11:07 AM
I agree with Chuxter. We are all saps that give in to seeinig figs for $1. We would be in customizing heaven.

Turbowars
05-28-2003, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by JangoFeet
I'm not gonna defend what they did in that store, although I'm not really sure why there would be a case out on the floor during the day anyways.
One thing though, Target does own that "stuff" Any merchandise in the store is owned by Target, EXCEPT for Vendor items. These are Frito Lay, Pepperidge Farm and some of the soda companies. #1 it was in the morning in 1997-98. They were stocking the toy section. #2 If you read my post, you would see that I was talking about the the employees thinking that the toys were theirs, not Target, of course the stock in the store is Targets. I was born at night, but not last night. :)

JangoFeet
05-28-2003, 09:01 PM
Early morning stocking?? NIGHT CREW!
Any problems...ya blame it on night crew! Seriously I wouldn't doubt it if those two were night crew that still hadn't left. (Night Crew will stay as late as 9 or 10am in some instances).

metaljedi
05-31-2003, 01:45 AM
Well my Target has empty pegs too. But Im sure they'll be filled with lame pegwarmers due to the local scalper buying cases online and returning the non sellable/damaged ones to stores in the area.

plasticfetish
05-31-2003, 03:38 AM
Not without a receipt they wont. Targets policy is now that if you return an item (such as toys) without the original receipt, then you may only exchange for merchandise from that same department. To make it an even bigger hassle, you have to do it right then ... no more store credits. Apparently Target is sick of scalpers also.

OC47150
06-02-2003, 04:48 PM
I visited one Target during lunch today and nothing but peg warmers.

Val Da Car
06-02-2003, 08:25 PM
Retail really has done me in the past few months....I agree with Turbowars...

EE is the way to go...at this point me and two other friends are tired of covering an area of 30 miles north and south by an area 10 miles wide looking for figures.....

Non Mint, Mint, Near Mint....screw target, wm and tru since between their buyers and hasblow they are shafting ppl for profits on $1.98 figures.....

I picked up two cases of non mint wave 12 for $59.99

(description below: PACKAGING NOT GUARANTEED TO BE IN MINT CONDITION. ORDERS FOR NOT MINT CASES WILL BE FILLED AFTER ORDERS FOR MINT CASES ARE FILLED.

Star Wars Saga / Star Wars Episode II - Attack of the Clones Collection 2 Figure Assortment, Wave 12. Includes 12 action figures: 2x Yoda & Chian - Padawan Lightsaber Training (NEW), 1x Ashla & Jempa - Jedi padawans (NEW), 1x Lama Su - Kamino Prime Minister with clone boy, 2x Barriss Offee - Luminara Unduli's Padawn, 2x Aayla Secura - Twi'lek Jedi Knight, 1x Padme Amidala - Droid Factory Chase, 1x SP-4 & JN-66, 1x Imperial Officer, and 1x Battle Droid - Arena Battle (subject to change).

Since the stores are not getting them in any better condition (I have been there to see them arrived all crapped up) I figured EE's idea of non mint is fine by me.

I might as well jump on it and take advantage of the case while it is there.

I have spoken to Kebco Toys he has consistantly gotten shafted from Hasblo with them shorting him on cases and keep our orders outstanding with him.

At least he can filll orders....unlike retail shops....

WHEW!!!!

I am off my soap box now....

Mandalorian Candidat
06-03-2003, 01:23 AM
Originally posted by plasticfetish
Not without a receipt they wont. Targets policy is now that if you return an item (such as toys) without the original receipt, then you may only exchange for merchandise from that same department. To make it an even bigger hassle, you have to do it right then ... no more store credits. Apparently Target is sick of scalpers also.

Last time I went in to return something the lady in front of me didn't have a receipt so they wouldn't let her return her merchanside or even exchange it for something else. The manager came over and explained that their policy is no receipt, no service. The only time they'll exchange is when you register with them for their wedding service and what you are returning is exactly from your list.