PDA

View Full Version : Dockers Stain Defender Pants

James Boba Fettfield
05-26-2003, 02:43 PM
I was watching the Star Trek marathon on Sci Fi and I saw a commercial for these pants. Now I've seen the commercials before, but I guess I've never really been interested in them until now. Does anyone here own a pair of these Dockers? I ask because I'd like to purchase some, just for the novelty aspect of watching stuff roll off my pants without staining. Does it work like in the commercials, because I haven't seen anything in stores where you can test the pants out by spilling stuff on them. If anyone can share their experience with these pants, I'd like to read it.

Lord Malakite
05-26-2003, 03:37 PM
What will they think of next, stain defender underwear? :D :crazed:

The Overlord Returns
05-26-2003, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by Lord_Malakite
What will they think of next, stain defender underwear? :D :crazed:

I would have thought those would have come first.... ;)

bobafrett
05-26-2003, 06:30 PM
I too was interested in picking up a pair, because I am constantly spilling stuff, while driving in my car, and the fluid soaks in the pants, making it look like I just missed the bathroom. Not cool if you are on your way to a job interview, or a date, or going out to the store.

Kidhuman
05-26-2003, 06:45 PM
WellI just bought a [air of GapKhakis that have the Stain defender on them. They are also wrinkle resistant and stain proof.
I havent wore them yet but have been wanting to do a water test on them tosee if they really work. I will let you know.

Edit..........I just did the water test and it worked. The water just rolled right off. They are great. I suggest you go to the store and purchase them.

James Boba Fettfield
05-26-2003, 07:02 PM
kidhuman, you don't know how much I appreciate hearing they actually do that. Now to buy a pair and show them off.

Teeska Mon Eebon
05-26-2003, 07:53 PM
A few days ago I bought 3 pairs of those Gokahki's (they were on sale at Dillards :)) But anyways not only do they feel good but liquids just roll off it's really fun to do!

Tonysmo
05-26-2003, 10:39 PM
There was a guy at my work who came in all giddy with his new pair of stain blocker dockers, and tested them out for all of us.

they were.. Impressive.. Most impressive.

so yes, they do work.

The Overlord Returns
05-27-2003, 08:45 AM
Problem is, thye are still highly unstylish Kakhis ;)

James Boba Fettfield
05-27-2003, 09:11 AM
I'm wanting them for novelty purposes, but if people want to think it's unstylish, that's cool. As long as I am happy.

Exhaust Port
05-27-2003, 09:20 AM
What happens if you were to go swimming in these pants? Would you get out and look dry with only wet hair? Would someone who owns these pants perform this test as well please.

2-1B
05-27-2003, 11:38 AM
If they're not Dockers, they're just pants.

plasticfetish
05-27-2003, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by Lord_Malakite
What will they think of next, stain defender underwear?
Yes. They're called diapers.

James Boba Fettfield
05-27-2003, 01:09 PM
Stains don't roll off any diapers I've ever seen.

plasticfetish
05-27-2003, 02:09 PM
And that's a good thing right? But, I suppose it "depends" on what your trying to protect and which side you want the plastic on. You could always wear one inside out.

From my days as a men's clothing salesman at a now bankrupt department store ... Docker's has been doing the stain "resistant" and wrinkle free thing for a while. It always worked well enough ... but after a few washes they'd seem to lose their magical powers.

I recommend what's in the image below for ultimate protection.

plasticfetish
05-27-2003, 02:23 PM
Or perhaps these ...

James Boba Fettfield
05-27-2003, 02:38 PM
I prefer the second picture.

keith koth
05-27-2003, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by Exhaust Port
What happens if you were to go swimming in these pants? Would you get out and look dry with only wet hair? Would someone who owns these pants perform this test as well please.

You would probably skim across the top of the water and out the other side of the pool. :crazed: :D

Exhaust Port
05-27-2003, 07:07 PM
Perhaps Jesus was wearing a pair of these? WWJW ;)

Teeska Mon Eebon
05-28-2003, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by Exhaust Port

OK I did it and...

They get moist... Half the water beads off like normal and the rest stays with you but they dry fast :)

Teeska Mon Eebon
05-28-2003, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by Caesar
If they're not Dockers, they're just pants.

Yep, They're Dockers!

Emperor Howdy
06-03-2003, 11:36 PM
All these pants and no woooo? :confused:

Hmmf. Disgusting. :mad:

I've only got one thing to say:

WOOOOOOO! :D