PDA

View Full Version : Which Army Builder Set do you plan to buy the most of?

Tycho
05-26-2003, 04:35 PM
Here they come!

The Clone Wars army builder packs we've all been waiting for!

Just curious, but which one are you going to buy the most of?

I kind of think I'll get 2-4 Jedi sets - use one of the Twi'lek Jedi to stand in for Master Bonderra (spelling) who fights Darth Maul (my upteenth extra Maul figure) in Shadow Hunter.

The other ones are useful for basic Clone Wars scenes, though the human and Twi'Lek might also make nice bases for custom Cay Qel Droma and Tott Doneeta's from The Sith Wars.

The Droids are going to be marginally more useful. However, if you're like me, you might need collumns of Super Battle Droids and regular plain-'ol Battle Droids, and limited numbers of Destroyer Droids. I think a discount sale online (or otherwise) is the best way to build your droid armies. Still, I can use more of them than the Jedi pack.

THE CLONES: oh the clones! OK, these will NEVER be found on a shelf I'm willing to bet! Hasbro better just ship straight cases of Clone 3-packs. The main question is, are they all equally poseable?

If the lying down guy can also be posed marching, that is, can we make 3 marching clones out of the same 3-pack, then these things are going to SELL!

If not, I'll buy limited quantities. Probably under 10 until I learn if the Clone Trooper costume is the same for Episode 3 or not. (if not, well then I won't need to stockpile them).

But between Kamino, and the future Clone Wars battles I want to set up from the Expanded Universe to Episode 3, plus all of the Clone Troopers lining up on Coruscant for inspection by Chancellor Palpatine and Bail Organa - I'm about ready to go Clone crazy!

I only hope there will be enough of them out there (that remain shipping) until I get all I want.

How about you?

DarthChuckMc
05-26-2003, 04:40 PM
My vote is for da Clones.

Beast
05-26-2003, 05:04 PM
Likely the clones, espcially since they will supposedly be shipping them in variant colors. All white, all red, all yellow, all green, and all blue. So yeah, I'll have atleast five packs of them. But from looking at the sniping clone, no they can't stand up. They only have around 3 points of articulation each. Head and arms. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Thunderstorm1
05-26-2003, 06:33 PM
It has to be the clones! All versions!

sith_killer_99
05-26-2003, 07:08 PM
A most excellent poll, though at first I thought it might be dedicated to the 4-pack troop builders (Stormtroopers, Sandtroopers, Endor Rebes, etc.)!

I of course voted for the Clone Troopers!

bobafrett
05-26-2003, 07:10 PM
Had to vote for the clones. I'm not a big fan of the battle droids or the Super battle droids.

Battle Droid
05-26-2003, 07:50 PM
Battle Droids, it'll be nice to have SBD's that don't explode.

Battle Droid
05-26-2003, 08:02 PM
How much articulation do they have, or do they not have any?

roguematt7
05-26-2003, 08:30 PM
I can't imagine I'd get too many Jedi sets if there's only 3 different Jedi in them. I'm going with the clones and battle droids as their ranks all look the same anyway (so buying multiple sets won't look silly in an army). Then again I probably will never find any of these as my local toy stores have yet to get a single new figure in this year...

Turbowars
05-26-2003, 09:20 PM
I'll buy one each of the Clone variants Clean, Red?, Green, Blue and Yellow and one each of the other two. I wish the Clones weren't pre-posed though, or I'd buy more.

karinations
05-26-2003, 09:40 PM
Which one will i buy first/most of?..

First let's see if i can actually buy them.

And I mean without buying them from figures.com or Brian's Toys or some relative of a Hasbro worker on Ebay.

I just don't believe i will see these in a store.
I haven't even seen an Acklay Kenobi all i see are Jango Pilots.
And i live i Boston,not some half assed middle of the country armpit town.
Er..no offense to the heartland people.
But i don't like ..live in a far away magic land whre it rains donuts and M&M's, im surrounded by Wal Marts,Toys'r'US,KAy-BE's,Target's,K-Marts,ect,ect,ect and i can't get my hands on anything that says 2003 on it.

Once i start seeing other figures than Anakin with Tusken soup kickover action or Coruscant Padme,then maybe i can talk about these clone figures,untill then im not going to get excitied over something im probably not going to be able to buy,
Well..for under $19.99 +$6.00 shipping that is...

"Which Army Builder Set do you plan to buy the most of?"
he says....

Why i ougtta....

-V-

http://www.citizenv.com

DarthBrandon
05-26-2003, 09:54 PM
If I can find them I'll be buying a few Clone packs, one or two Droid packs and one Jedi pack.:D

daricksstarwars
05-27-2003, 12:11 AM
Clones, clones and maybe a few more clones. Although, I will need a few jedi to tell them clones whats up!( Its not their fault, they just need some direction!!)

Tycho
05-27-2003, 03:24 AM
JarJar: They are PRE-POSED?

GROAN.

Why can't Hasbro just release 3 very articulate Clone Troopers like they released the COMMTECH STORMTROOPERS in 4-packs for the Fan Club?

I don't even know if some of the Classic multi-packs are still available, but you have to admit, the CommTech Stormtrooper pack was the best of the best.

So they did:

CommTech Stormtrooper 4-pack
Endor Rebel Soldier (1998 POTF2 version) 4-pack
Sandtrooper (2001 POTJ version with 4 rank repaints)*
Rebel Fleet Trooper (2001 POTJ version) 4-pack

and I presume they could do:

Snowtroopers (at some point past when the carded one is old)
Biker Scouts
Imperial Officers (when they aren't shipping carded ones)
Death Star Troopers (but most of us would prefer a resculpt here)
Hoth Rebel Soldiers (packs of the 1997 Deluxe sculpt would rock!)
Mon Calamari Soldiers

and who knows, down the road: Jawas, Tusken Raiders (perhaps all 3 carded versions and a massif?), Ugnaughts, etc.

I think the Bespin Guard should just get a resculpt and new ethnicity, like a remake of the black guard from vintage days.

Then from the prequels they could offer:

Naboo Royal Guards
Naboo Royal Security Officers
Battle Droids (in a straight regular model only pack)
Super Battle Droids (again, in a straight "super model only" pack)
Geonosian Warriors
Clone Kids
a new Jedi 3 or 4 pack with: a Wookiee Jedi, a Barabel Jedi, a Mon Calamarian Jedi, and a human lady Jedi.
(the Weequay Jedi should be carded!)
Senate Guards (with ethnic variations under the blue)
Chancellor's Crimson Guards

*Way off the subject, but does anyone know the Sandtrooper ranks in "A New Hope?"

black= Sgt. (blue or green with Clones)
orange= Captain (red with Clones)
grey= Commander (yellow with Clones)
white= Private (white again with the Clones)

Is THAT right?

Beast
05-27-2003, 03:52 AM
Originally posted by Tycho
JarJar: They are PRE-POSED? GROAN.

*Way off the subject, but does anyone know the Sandtrooper ranks in "A New Hope?"

black= Sgt. (blue or green with Clones)
orange= Captain (red with Clones)
grey= Commander (yellow with Clones)
white= Private (white again with the Clones)

Is THAT right?
Yep, pre-posed as all get out. 3 joints a piece max. The standing one may have 5. Not sure about the legs being articulated or not. I forget what one of the sites said about them. :)

As for the Sandtroopers, I posted this before. :)

I've done some digging, and come up with the following color designations from various sources. Decipher, Visual Dictionary, etc. I believe them to be pretty accurate.

Orange = Captain, White = Sergeant, Black = Basic Trooper, and Grey = Dewback Patrol

And the Clones are:

Yellow = Commander, Red = Captain, Blue = Lieutenant, and Green = Sergeants.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

scruffziller
05-27-2003, 11:09 AM
Wow that is funny, CAMMANDO Yoda!!!!!

LusiferSam
05-27-2003, 03:40 PM
If I buy any of them it will mostly be one of each. But I think if I did get multiples I'd be more likely to buy more of the droids than the clones, and more of the clones than the Jedi. I'm still not sure what of this line I'm going to get, so its a wait and see.

Rogue74
05-27-2003, 11:49 PM
If they do more than 1 set of Jedi, I would get Jedi but...

jedi master sal
05-28-2003, 01:45 PM
This is a no-brainer for me. CLONES!

Now to see if Hasbro listens:

Dear Hasbro,

You should consider giving we the consumers these different sets of 3 packs:

Clonetroopers:
1) 3 all white
2) 2 white, 1 yellow
3) 2 white, 1 green
4) 2 white, 1 blue
Also consider the, surprisingly articulated, Red Clonetrooper as a pack in but instead of being red, repaint him Yellow, Green and Blue, or just make White. This should have been the mold for the "Basic" Clonetrooper all along. (Again, you can reuse this one if not to difficult to repaint. Plenty of these guys pegwarming shelves.

BTW, the middle clone in your pack could be the "officer" or colored variation, so you don't have to make new molds of or repaint the other two.

Droids (and geonoians)

1) 2 Red Battle Droids, 1 Super Battle Droid (here you can get rid of all those left over SBD's pluggin up shelves in some parts of the world)
2) 2 Red Battle Droid, 1 Droideka (Same here as with SBD)
3) 1 Red Battle Droid, 1 Geonosian Warrior (Same here again as with SBD)
4) 1 Red Battle Droid, 1 Super Battle Droid, 1 Droideka (this is your set, which I think will sell poorly! We don't need more droidekas that we can't find easily now, same goes for the super battle droids!)
and now the ultimate!
5) 3 RED BATTLE DROIDS! This should have been a no-brainer as well!

Jedi. Okay that set is alright as is. But don't expect to sell a ton of them. Even though you call them "generic" there really isn't any such thing as a generic Jedi. To be sure, someone will write a story about these figures or attach a name that has already been written about to these figures. No need to get more than maybe 2 sets. 1 Carded and 1 Loose. (Maybe) I for one will only get 1 to open of the Jedi set.

Please consider this, Thank you
Sal

P.S.(Collector with a Multi-thousand dollar collection)

P.S.S.(What kid can spend this kind of dough? Legally?)

P.P.S.S.We are your source of revenue for this line. Pander to us for awhile, at least during the non-movie years!

PPPSS! Thanks for making these troop building packs at least.

Okay, so do you think they'll listen?

Devo
05-28-2003, 08:40 PM
Looks almost unanimous on the Clones and I'd go for those too. I'll get the droids and jedis aswell of course...i need a few jedis to act as casualties in my arena scene and this trio will do nicely for that as they are 'random'....or are they? Do they have names? Tell me they don't have names so I won't feel bad about killing them??

keithfite
05-28-2003, 10:12 PM
I will get tons of all. I voted jedi because they amaze but, I plan to get tons of all. I love the Attack of the Clones movie. And being able to build these huge armies is great. I have already bought tons of droids and clone troopers from stuff already released. This will make things easier

JediTricks
05-29-2003, 02:47 AM
I don't care diddly about the recolors, but I will probably get a set of Clone Troopers - though none will ever be neutral apparently. All 3 will have some role on my Rep Gunship which currently has Padme, Anakin HD, Dlx Mace, Dlx Clone shooting w/ bike stowed, Kit Fisto, red clone, and white clone.

TheDarthVader
05-29-2003, 02:11 PM
I voted for jedi because I do not have enough money to buy all of the basic figures plus five packs of clone troopers. So, I will only buy one pack of the jedi if I can find it. I already decided that I was not going to collect the Clone Wars Line, so I may not buy any. I don't have enough $$$ to cover all of these toys.

CloneTrooperMace
05-30-2003, 06:02 PM
What "all of the above" as a choose

vadersvette
06-01-2003, 11:05 PM
I had to say clones, although I am also going to get the Jedi. The droids? maybe, if I grow desparate (I'm not finding any 2003 stuff yet, except last month I found 4 figs):rolleyes:

skeeziks22
06-02-2003, 02:44 AM
I didn't vote for two reasons.

1) I am a figure completist... I will buy one, and only one, of each pack.

2) I am not convinced I will ever see them.

I have resorted to buying cases of figures, because there are cases out there of which I have never seen one of the figures on the shelves. This runs me about $0.50 more per figure, but at least I have the figure this way. I found one case that has 12 different figures, each of which I do not have nor have ever seen. Oh how I long for the days when the swimming Jar Jar, red dress Amidalla, TC-14 and that blue/yellow R2 unit were the only figures that were tough to find. And these were not all out at the same time! I think I have counted nearly 20 released figures that I have never seen, not to mention those coming out in June.