PDA

View Full Version : Wat Tambor, Rerelease Leia, Han and Darth Maul Carded

OCB
05-27-2003, 02:31 PM
Another new carded image, this time its the rerelease of Leia from ANH

Leia (http://www.jedidefender.com/news/images/5-03/leiarerelease.jpg)

Wat, Han and Darth Maul (http://www.**************.com/absolutenm/templates/full_article_template_1.asp?articleid=1286&zoneid=2)

I'm getting it only because I preordered the case. I love these new cards more and more though

Thanks to mimidog4428 (http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=mimidog4428&include=0&since=-1&sort=3&rows=25) and GH for the images!

JangoFeet
05-27-2003, 02:45 PM
The link to the Wat, Han and Darth pic isn't working :(

OCB
05-27-2003, 02:51 PM
Oh yeah I forgot you can't link to that site here for some reason...they are at Galactic Hunter

JangoFart
05-27-2003, 02:53 PM
Because The Man is keepin' us down!!

Those cards just make me tingle all over. I'm even excited about figures I already have just because of the new card style - and style it is!

OK, OK, OK; enough now.

Oh, yeah. Did I mention I dig those cards?

J

Beast
05-27-2003, 03:07 PM
The figures look great. And I love the stands with the repacks, even if it is just a clear plastic one. They should offer those as a mail-away for Jedi points. I want a ton of them. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

aceguide
05-27-2003, 04:54 PM
JJB has the right idea!!!!

I'd spend thousands of jedi points for stands. I like the fact that they are starting to become increasingly common in these latest figures. I will, however, have to take the pictures word for it as I will never see ANY of these at a store.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-27-2003, 05:04 PM
Yeah, the stands are nice and whatnot, but I was expecting stands like the ones from Barriss and Aayla. :cry: Eh oh well, that Darth Maul is cool as hell, it's good to see they didn't give him the short metal saber fom the Sith Training one. :D

Beast
05-27-2003, 05:23 PM
Hasbro said that they decided to go with clear plastic stands to try to help people that wouldn't have bought the figures with nothing new. When the idea of putting stands with the figures came up, many people figured they would be forced into buying the recarded figures for the unique sculpted bases. Now that they are just clear plastic, they have less of an appeal to them. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Sidiously Darth
05-27-2003, 05:25 PM
This is one of the only Mauls I don't have.:rolleyes: I guess I'll have to make room for him on the shelf with the rest of his "cloned" selves.:p

Mandalorian Candidat
05-27-2003, 07:11 PM
Wait...the new figures are going to come with stands?

SWEET!

Now only if Hasbro would go back to CTCs I'd be really happy.

bobafrett
05-27-2003, 09:57 PM
I like the idea of the stands coming with the figures. I keep most of my figures carded, but when I have them to open, it's nice to see that they will have stands to help keep them upright.

plasticfetish
05-28-2003, 05:09 AM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
... I love the stands with the repacks, even if it is just a clear plastic one. They should offer those as a mail-away for Jedi points.
That's one of the best ideas I've heard in a while.

Turbowars
06-01-2003, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
Hasbro said that they decided to go with clear plastic stands to try to help people that wouldn't have bought the figures with nothing new. When the idea of putting stands with the figures came up, many people figured they would be forced into buying the recarded figures for the unique sculpted bases. Now that they are just clear plastic, they have less of an appeal to them. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks Forced into buying them? Hasbro said that? That sounds so stupid. Since when are people forced to buy toys? Another thing is "less of appeal to them" isn't the point to HAVE appeal so these figures will sell? Man, Hasbros marketing department needs to all be canned.