PDA

View Full Version : Rumor and speculation

DarthChuckMc
05-27-2003, 05:32 PM
Well, Yakface has a news blurb about 2004. They say a "reliable source" has told them that STAR TOURS will have several NEW droids in 2004, and NO resculpts.

Your thoughts?

Anyone, anyone.

El Chuxter
05-27-2003, 05:36 PM
Probably just wishful thinking, but I'd love a Teek figure, and this remains the most likely way for Hasbro to give us one.

DarthChuckMc
05-27-2003, 05:38 PM
Teek ain't a droid silly...although he is shown during the STAR TOURS ride....hmmmmmm.......Teek.......

krisvds
05-31-2003, 06:04 AM
This is true.. I got some more tidbits ;)

reported by StarTours.BeJedi.com (http://startours.bejedi.com) :

Yakface (http://collectibles.echostation.com/) reports: "Well, we have all had our informtion for 2003, well here is a first for 2004.
I have just been informed by a very nice individual that there will indeed be a new wave of all new droids, no resculpts, for the Star Tours line in 2004. Please stay tuned as I get more info, I will indeed pass it on.
so: Wave four is in the works and will be out in 2004, all new sculpts, all new droids. They are in development stage, which means still drawings.

Great news, that makes me very happy :cool:

jonthejedi
05-31-2003, 01:48 PM
There's a cute droid on treads hooking up a power coupling on the left right as you go in...he'd be a great candidate!

jonthejedi
05-31-2003, 01:48 PM
There's a cute droid on treads hooking up a power coupling on the left right as you go in...he'd be a great candidate!

krisvds
05-31-2003, 02:33 PM
got any pics ???

krisvds
07-09-2003, 08:08 PM
soo.. got nobody any toughts :frus:

jonthejedi
07-11-2003, 07:09 AM
I think he's the one you call "Johnny 5"(reference to "Short Circuit" movie?). No scanner, I do have several still pix...I can't make it out, but I could swear he's got a number/letter designation on his head.

krisvds
07-11-2003, 07:13 AM
you have a digital cam that you can take pics of the photos ? or a firend with one, or a friend with a scanner ?? ;)

and no pics that shows its name ??? ? ??

I smell that I will have work soon :D

Banthaholic
07-11-2003, 10:40 AM
I really hope they come out with more wave's of these. I love them!
IMO it's just another opportunity to collect more SW figures in a year.
I'd like to see a Star Tours C3-P0 & R2.

... also I know they've only made droids to this point but I'd like to see a Mon Calamari from the control area, as well as a generic figure in the orange star tours costume. Plus they couls release figures of the x-wing pilots from the ride. Or maybe even a George Lucas figure (dressed in the old EPCOT uniform) that's featured in the maintenance bay at the end of the ride video.

Jargo
07-11-2003, 11:20 AM
Still haven't got hold of wave three yet but I'd love more droids as long as they aren't just a box with grabbing arm attached like the DL-X2 one. That's a seriously dumb droid. Non droids would be fun too. Definately mon cal, love them. Lucas I don't think I'd buy. Star wars is all about aliens and technology to me. Humans don't interest me but the funky aliens and droids make it so much fun to be into.

krisvds
07-13-2003, 07:58 PM
What about an Egroeg Sacul ? ;)

except not in Pilot gear, but in Flanel :p

JabbaGlob
07-17-2003, 07:22 PM
I would also like to see C-3PO and R2-D2 in the line. I'd be happy with a repackaged Millenium Coin C-3PO and Comm-tech R2-D2 (minus restraining bolt); they were never easy to find.

krisvds
07-17-2003, 08:55 PM
hey, don't forget Balljointed 3PO head .. knee Articulation, elbow artculation (limited)

and R2 also withouth the Weathering ... :)

Jargo
07-29-2003, 05:29 PM
I've had enough of C-3PO and R2-D2 to last a lifetime quite honestly. I'd much rather they made some of the other droids from the star wars movies that haven't already been made. A pack of the droids from the sale of the droids in ANH. AOTC droids like the glazier droids and the cook droid.
Droid torture rack from ROTJ. Anything but more R2-D2 and C-3PO.

Banthaholic
07-29-2003, 07:52 PM
I've had enough of C-3PO and R2-D2 to last a lifetime quite honestly. I'd much rather they made some of the other droids from the star wars movies that haven't already been made. A pack of the droids from the sale of the droids in ANH. AOTC droids like the glazier droids and the cook droid.
Droid torture rack from ROTJ. Anything but more R2-D2 and C-3PO.
I'd also love to see the AOTC cook droid, and ANH droids, although unfort they're not at Star Tours. I think a Star Tours C3-P0 and R2 would be big sellers at Disney.

Regardless, I just hope they make a wave 4.