PDA

View Full Version : very funny video clip. SW related

Tonysmo
05-28-2003, 04:21 AM
I'm not sure if you guys have seen this, and while I kinda feel sorry for this poor kid for acting out what he loves to do.. it sure is hilarious.. just be sure to watch both clips.

Mods, no worries, link is safe, and the video is safe.

enjoy.

http://www.teamabuse.com/toxic/stuff/swk.htm

What the kid got in return was instant fame... and alot of cool toys.

jrosen
05-28-2003, 08:14 AM
Are you sure that it isn't you?

scruffziller
05-28-2003, 08:34 AM
ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!! LITERALLY!!!!!!!!

But that guy is skilled with a staff.

bobafrett
05-28-2003, 09:07 AM
I've seen that one before and I laughed my butt off everytime. I'm hiding all my videos, no need to put my feeble skills to shame.

QLD
05-28-2003, 10:03 AM
I've seen that before, hilarious stuff.

keith koth
05-28-2003, 10:10 AM
I saw that on the Fox Report on Fox News a couple of weeks ago...that is some funny stuff! :D

stillakid
05-28-2003, 10:11 AM
Hey, I say more power to him if practicing is what makes him happy, but this kid is one of the primary reasons why sci-fi isn't "cool."

James Boba Fettfield
05-28-2003, 10:13 AM
Ha ha, he stopped the camera to take a break from twirling that rod for a few seconds. Then he takes another breather. Man kid, get on a bike or walk more or something. Probably had a bag of Snickers minis once he got done filming to reward himself.

I'm glad videos like these find their way to the internet, it always makes me feel better.

Exhaust Port
05-28-2003, 10:16 AM
Sweet merciful crap that's hysterical!!!

Lord Malakite
05-28-2003, 12:17 PM
Alright, who taped me? Was it you JBF? :D

In all seriousness though, that does look like something I would do. :crazed:

Dr Zoltar
05-28-2003, 12:31 PM
What made it so dang funny is that he looks so serious in the face. And that foot stomping action towards the end -- is that some new Jedi power?

scruffziller
05-28-2003, 01:05 PM
Yea it does look like something I definately would have done if I had the chance about that age. The funny thing is, that walking SW encyclodedia I talked about, this guy is almost identical.

One thing I want to know though. On the las 3-4 takes(the first video) I noticed some actuall swooping sounds. Was there some holes on the end or something that made that staff use the air like those early 80s lightsaber toys?

icatch9
05-28-2003, 01:50 PM
This guy wields a golf ball grabber like a Jedi master. That's what her's using you know. One of those things that golfers use to get balls out of ponds and rivers. Not exactly the weapon of choice for Luke Skywalker, but this dude seems to like it.

He's pretty graceful for someone so....well.....round :). I think this sort of thing would be a funny skit on SNL. You know if Horatio Sanz were doing it all serious. People would get a kick out of it. Funny thing is the kid in the actual video was being serious, but it seems to be all in good fun.

Porcelina
05-28-2003, 01:54 PM
THANK YOU TONYSMO!!!!! i needed to laugh that hard, haven't in awhile!! :kiss:

i love how with each take, he gets progressively more confident... and of course, does more stupid things :) teehee

Kidhuman
05-28-2003, 04:18 PM
OMG that was hilarious. That was Ephant Mon as a Jedi.

keith koth
05-28-2003, 05:17 PM
You know, everytime I go to a sci-fi toy/comic convention and I see people over at the Master Replica booth buying either the saber hilts and/or the sabers with those lame aluminum blades...I picture those people doing exactly what the kid in the video was doing. :D I always get this mental picture very similar to the film clip of the kid above...and sometimes I just can't help it...I just start laughing out loud! :D :D :D

jrosen
06-04-2003, 07:10 PM
I guess this video has been mainstream for awhile. The Chicago Tribune just did a piece on this and its on the first page of its website.

stillakid
06-04-2003, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by Exhaust Port
Sweet merciful crap that's hysterical!!!

Can I insert this into my own daily lexicon? :cool:

Exhaust Port
06-04-2003, 08:39 PM
Yes, but I can't take credit for it. The orginal spouter of "Sweet Merciful Crap" is the very profound Homer J. Simpson. I find myself using it quite often.

derek
06-06-2003, 06:32 PM
this is really funny. i don't know if anyone has seen this, but i haven't seen it posted here.

apparently, this 15 year old kid filmed himself acting like he's darth maul, and his buddies found the tape and put it on the net as a joke.

then some others added sound and visual effects.

so the real question is...........which sir steve's member is this? :crazed:

click on the link to view:

http://www.teamabuse.com/toxic/stuff/Star_Wars_Kid_Remix.wmv

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-06-2003, 07:04 PM
Derek, according to the force.net, the kids parents have considered taking legal action against those who put the tape on the net.

P.S.- This thing is freakin' hysterical. :D

Dar Basra
06-06-2003, 07:58 PM
It's hard to tell from the video, because the face is very blurry (it's possible it was intentionally blurred to protect his identity, or is just a result of the fast movements and low resolution), but the "kid" looks like he might have Down Syndrome. If so, that could explain why the parents are upset enough to threaten legal action.

Hellboy
06-06-2003, 08:05 PM
We may be laughing but I bet that kid thinks he looks cool. Instead of taking legal action his parents should consider controlling his sugar intake.

Thanks derek I haven't laughed that hard in awhile. :D

mini-rock
06-06-2003, 08:26 PM
Heh heh heh, that was good. :D

Kidhuman
06-06-2003, 08:43 PM
Actually it was posted in this thread in the other section (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=19563) . I would never mind seeing it again. That is hilarious. That thread also has the original version.

Dar Basra
06-06-2003, 08:51 PM
Well, looking at the full original clip, there was enough clear shots of the kid's face to see that he doesn't have Down Syndrome. Hostess Cupcake syndrome, however, is obvious.

jrosen
06-07-2003, 12:11 AM
He's Canadian and he's profited quite nicely. Some of his friends set up a website for donations, hoping to make enough to buy an iPod. Anyhow, they made over 4k with a couple nice gifts. ILM sent him a t-shirt. I don't know if it was signed or not. His parents hired a lawyer, but I don't remember why. It wasn't to sue anyone particular, I remember that. I think it was to protect the kid's privacy and they won't release his name.

Exhaust Port
06-17-2003, 11:46 AM
:DHilarious!:D

http://www.jedimaster.net/

I like Star Wars Kid 2.0 and Episode III pre-teaser (we're running out of Jedi). GL should give this kid a cameo in Ep. III for all the abuse he's taking. :D:D:D

Exhaust Port
06-17-2003, 11:49 AM
I've got to add Darth Maul Girls to that list. These things got me crying with laughter!:D :crazed: :cry: :D :D

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-17-2003, 12:29 PM
ROFL!!!! I think i just peed myself when i was watching "Dork Clones" Holy crap, that was too funny!!! :D

Kidhuman
06-17-2003, 07:26 PM
Ok I thought the first two were funny, but that is hilarious. I havent watched them all but I will be. The reloaded was funny. I wonder if that kid knows they have done all this to him. Geez, he should have his own show or something.

Exhaust Port
06-17-2003, 08:39 PM
If you read at the bottom they have a brief story about him and a link to some other website that orginally posted the video. After the hugh response they took up a collection to buy him an iPod. Eventually his parents decided to take legal action against the folks that turned in the video or something like that. They have something like $3500 in a Paypal account to buy the kid something.

Anyway, that's my bastardized version of the story. Look through the links and you can read the story. It's pretty interesting.

Dr Zoltar
06-18-2003, 12:50 AM
I think the parents hired a lawyer just to protect the kid's last name. Doesn't look like they're out to sue anyone. Good to see some honest folk still out there.

I enjoyed the story about how a collection is being taken to buy the kid an iPod. Apparently they've collected so much money they are going to buy him an iBook instead. And I thought I read elsewhere that Lucas sent him some Lucas clothing -- T-shirts and a baseball cap.

From the story, it seems his friends put the footage on Kaaza as a joke. Not to be mean, but because it was funny. It's good to see something positive come out of this.

Exhaust Port
06-18-2003, 07:28 AM
It is a positive story. Nerds Unite!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-18-2003, 01:45 PM
Moral of the story is this: any private videos you find of your friends, put them on the net, ASAP!!! (mike quickly hides 1 of 2 CD's that contain his "Star Wars" Fan film) They'll never get me, my preciousssssssss! :D

Deoxyribonucleic
06-28-2003, 06:48 PM
I bet he got 100% SuperUperDuperUberGeek on the Geek Test!!

:) :p ;)

EDIT: Episode III: Pre-Teaser is THE BEST, now I gots tears in me eyes!!!

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
08-25-2003, 10:36 PM
I don't know if you have heard about this story, or better yet, seen the video, but here is a bit of background about, "The Star Wars Kid."

Word of the wise, if you have any videotapes or incriminating photos of yourself doing embarrassing things, that you do not want others to see,DO NOT LET THEM FALL INTO THE WRONG HANDS! Lock them up in your own little Fort Knox.

<<Star Wars Kid' Becomes Internet Star

By MARTHA IRVINE, AP National Writer

It was a moment of unadulterated goofiness, the kind of thing anyone might do with no one watching: A teen from Quebec videotaped himself as he pretended to wield a light saber "Star Wars" style.

But that private moment went public, very public, when classmates at his high school found the tape in a cabinet and uploaded it onto an Internet file-sharing site this past spring.

Now Ghyslian Raza is known far and wide as the "Star Wars Kid," with a fan base that only seems to be growing — even though he doesn't want the attention.

The video shows the slightly portly teen awkwardly twirling a golf ball retriever like "Star Wars" bad guy Darth Maul, and has been downloaded hundreds of thousands of times. Web sites have been dedicated to the youth. Supporters have raised money for him. And several techies have created their own "clone" versions of the video, adding sound and visual effects or placing his image in any number of backdrops — from "The Hulk" to "The Matrix."

Many teens who post their images on the Web would probably be thrilled to get this kind of attention. But Ghyslian, who made the video while doing a school project when he was 15, has said he didn't intend for it to be seen by his classmates, let alone people across the world.

"I want my life back," he said in an e-mail interview with the National Post newspaper, a Canadian daily.

Claiming that their son has been humiliated, his parents are suing the parents of the teens who put the video on the Web.

Some say the case may become a step toward setting privacy standards on the Internet, which has been difficult terrain to police. But in the meantime, Web surfers are having a field day with Ghyslian's image on any number of sites.

Elizabeth Murphy, a production manager for a Web design company in New York, says she finds herself visiting one of the sites often.

"Contrary to popular belief, I think it is not the Jedi kid's awkwardness that keeps him in people's hearts but his undeniable enthusiasm for what he is doing," Murphy says. "While I feel bad for him because he hates his new found popularity, I revisit the site anytime I am feeling down. It just cracks me up. I love this kid!"

Experts say it's no wonder the video has only increased in popularity.

"It resonates because we all know what it is like to have moments like that," says Patricia Leavy, a sociology professor at Stonehill College in Easton, Mass., who specializes in popular culture.

"Personally, I sing and bop along to TV theme songs," she adds. "Embarrassing, yes. But also a part of being human."

Ghyslian's lawyer, Francois Vigeant, declined to comment, citing an upcoming court hearing. He said the teen and his parents, who live in Trois-Rivieres, Quebec, also were declining interviews.

Meanwhile, the teen's supporters are working on his behalf.

Andy Baio, a 26-year-old computer programmer from Santa Monica, Calif., helped lead a fund-raising campaign for Ghyslian — and claims to have purchased an iPod music player and gift certificates for him.

Others have started a petition to get him into the next "Star Wars" movie, which Lucasfilm Ltd. is currently filming in Australia.

A spokeswoman at the California-based film company would not say whether filmmaker George Lucas (news) is considering the request.

"We are deeply saddened by this current situation and any difficulties this uninvited publicity might be causing (Ghyslian) and his family," spokeswoman Jeanne Cole said. "We have no other statement."

Regardless, many "Star Wars" fans hope Ghyslian will learn to enjoy his newfound fame.

"I guess I can feel his pain because it's so big," says Joshua Griffin, editor of TheForce.net, a Web site of "Star Wars" trivia and gossip. "But part of me thinks he should enjoy this. Drop the lawsuit and embrace this."

Griffin admits that he enjoys watching the video clips of Ghyslian.

"I definitely want to respect the kid's privacy. But...," he says, starting to laugh, "It's so funny. He's the 'Star Wars Kid' in all of us."

Still others applaud the lawsuit, and hope it will help set stricter Internet privacy standards.

"We need to ask 'What kind of culture are we going to have?'" says Lynn Schofield Clark, director of the Teens and the New Media @ Home project at the University of Colorado. "I'm hoping we're able to be a society where we do provide people's right to privacy and dignity."

But Baio warns that the lesson is "if you don't want to risk being the next Star Wars Kid, you should be very careful about what you videotape and where you keep it." >>

Kidhuman
08-25-2003, 10:41 PM
I cant believe they are suing over that stuff. It was all in fun. He should of never video taped it in the first place if he didnt want it being seen. I willadmit it is some funny stuff though.

DarthChuckMc
08-25-2003, 10:49 PM
I don't know....If the Mrs. and I filmed ourselves playing naughty pirates or something, and my neighbor stole the tape and put it on the internet, I think I'd be pretty upset, and possibly seek damages, or at least royalties :)

It has ruined the kid's life. Had he released it, fine, eveyone poke fun, but these were typical bully a-hole kids that messed with him all the time, from what I've read in other interviews. They (authorities) even have copies of emails, IMs, and message board notes, that the guys sent back and forth, talking about how great it was going to be to just destroy this kid.

His mistake wasn't making the tape, it was leaving it in the classroom where anyone could have access to it.

Kidhuman
08-25-2003, 10:52 PM
I didnt know all that. If they did it just to ruin his life than sue away.

InsaneJediGirl
08-26-2003, 09:36 AM
I'm picked on for liking Star Wars.Time to go back and sue everyone in 7th and 8th grade:evil:

JON9000
08-26-2003, 01:41 PM
I would rather show up to school without any clothes on during January. that would last moments. this poor kid has been humiliated world wide. :cry:

I think it is nice though that so many people are at least somewhat sensitive to that while laughing away. Frankly, I find the video funny, but with some of the remixes, they are kinda cool. :cool:

Anyway, its nice that soem people are trying to help the kid out. Actually, if the human angel were played up a little more, I think the kid might get some serious humanitarian aid!

El Chuxter
08-26-2003, 06:02 PM
I've heard of this, but haven't seen it. What exactly is in the video?

I think it's got to be less embarassing than stuff like clips of guys skateboarding and landing crotch-first on a rail. Now that's humiliating. But then again, I haven't seen the video.

plasticfetish
08-26-2003, 06:11 PM
There was another thread about this (with links) a while back ...

Yeah.
I feel bad for this kid. He's a dork, I'm a dork ... I can understand.
One of the only reasons that I've managed to survive as an adult dork, is that I've learned to take my lumps with dignity. I hope that there's going to be a day when he can simply think, "Yeah, whatever ... I'm The Star Wars kid." I hope he can laugh it off and simply be amazed at how the whole event turned out. Maybe after his parents sue the other kid's parents ... hopefully not just for money, but mainly to make a point about being respectful. Respectful of a persons right to not have their image broadcast around the world and ridiculed if they don't want.
I suppose I hope the kid really understands that he's not the only dork in the world.
That there's plenty of others out there ... just like us.

Kidhuman
08-26-2003, 06:16 PM
I've heard of this, but haven't seen it. What exactly is in the video?

http://www.jedimaster.net/

There ya go El Chuxt :Pirate:

DewMan37
09-13-2003, 03:52 PM
That video was friggin hilarious.

Jargo
09-14-2003, 05:06 PM
I hope he sues every last person he can find to sue and retires to a nice quiet mansion in the country on the proceeds. I especially hope he sues theforce.net they got it comin'. Those F&^%$%**ng WA*&&^$$%&*(*S!

plo koon 200
09-14-2003, 06:38 PM
Now Jargo, you mustn't forgot that he may try to sue you as well.