PDA

View Full Version : UHF

scruffziller
05-28-2003, 08:00 AM
I have been watching this movie extensivley lately. Even though the plot is hokey and over the top melodramatic it is chock full of hilarious moments. Especially Unkle Nutsy's Clubhouse and Michael Richard's antics throughout. Also Gedde Watanabe playing Kuni,"SO STUPID!!!!!!!!!" :D The Spatula City commercial is so ridiculous it is almost painful to watch but it is still great.

Rogue II
05-28-2003, 08:36 AM
Who wants to drink from the Fire Hose?!?!?!?

Exhaust Port
05-28-2003, 09:26 AM
Yeeeaaaahhhhh!!!!!!

Mandalorian Candidat
05-28-2003, 09:53 AM
"Badgers? We don't need no stinkin' badgers!"

Great film. Always liked that Billy Barty.

QLD
05-28-2003, 10:05 AM
RED SNAPPER!!!!! OOOOOO....VERY TASTY!!!!!

El Chuxter
05-28-2003, 12:06 PM
"Today we're teaching poodles how to fly!"

I just love the extras on the DVD, too. A great DVD, especially considering the rock-bottom price. :D

Dr Zoltar
05-28-2003, 12:10 PM
I remember seeing this movie at a midnight showing the day it was released. There were only 12 of us in the theater, but about half way through the movie we were falling out of our seats laughing so hard.

"Are you tired of those second hand funerals?'
"Come try our new salad bar!"

QLD
05-28-2003, 12:41 PM
Where can you get brand name spatulas for less????
SPATULA CITY!

I saw it on opening day with a friend of mine.....we weer the only ones in the theatre.... :(

scruffziller
05-28-2003, 12:54 PM
It is sad how they were put up against some of the biggest movies of our time that were being released that summer.

I love the SW reference of Stanley swooping his mop around and it makes lightsaber sounds.

Lord Malakite
05-28-2003, 05:19 PM
Don't you know the Dewey Decimal System?
This book is over due.
WAAAAA AAAAAGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*SWOOSH*

JediTricks
05-29-2003, 02:12 AM
Great film and a great DVD too. My family has always loved it since I introduced it to them.

Originally posted by scruffziller
It is sad how they were put up against some of the biggest movies of our time that were being released that summer. I remember that summer well, I saw a LOT of films at the theaters in Westwood, including UHF. By the time UHF came out, Batman, Star Trek 6, and Indy & Last Crusade were winding down, Ghostbusters 2 had bombed, Weekend at Bernies hadn't really picked up steam yet, Lethal Weapon 2 was dominating, License to Kill was floundering, and When Harry Met Sally was doing well. UHF kinda got lost in all of that, and even afterwards there was so much more that swallowed the film up, even though there was a ton of dreck. UHF was great, but nobody noticed.

Mandalorian Candidat
05-29-2003, 10:23 AM
That summer (1989) was such a great time for movies. I remember going out about every weekend to see a new flick. UHF was so odd yet so funny and original. That movie parodies tons of stuff from Rambo to Raiders. Plus we got a sneak preview of the Kramer-to-be.

I may just have to check out the DVD...

scruffziller
05-29-2003, 10:53 AM
FREE TOY INSIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FREE TOY INSIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

QLD
05-29-2003, 01:45 PM
I have the DVD, but haven't watched it yet. I need to though now after this thread.

JediTricks
05-30-2003, 03:22 AM
Hey scruff, I have heard that sequence was total improv - that poor little plastic parachutist. ;) I like the "... tastes like poop" line from said scene.

Originally posted by Lando In My Pants
I have the DVD, but haven't watched it yet. I need to though now after this thread. WHAAAA?!? How could you own this and not check it out? Even the easter eggs are funny (especially the 3-times "turn the disc over" parts).

Oh, and just call me Mister Butterfingers.

scruffziller
05-30-2003, 10:16 AM
I'm gonna eat some cornflakes.:D

UHF Trivia-What do the Movies UHF and The Matrix(s) have in common?

JediTricks
05-31-2003, 04:24 AM
They were both released in years ending in the number 9.

scruffziller
05-31-2003, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by JediTricks
They were both released in years ending in the number 9.

not what I am looking for.:D

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
06-01-2003, 06:29 PM
UHF is a great movie! :D

Mandalorian Candidat
06-03-2003, 12:37 AM

I do believe I know the answer to this one...all the actors in both movies can be connected to Kevin Bacon in six or less movies. :D

Eternal Padawan
06-03-2003, 04:51 PM
I've never seen this film, save for one scene. The closet with the word SUPPLIES on it, and the Asian(s) jump out and yell "SUPPLIES!" Funny. Milk out my nose funny. :)

scruffziller
06-04-2003, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by Mandalorian Candidat
I do believe I know the answer to this one...all the actors in both movies can be connected to Kevin Bacon in six or less movies. :D

Let's see

UHF
Gedde Watanabe(UHF,Gung Ho)-Michael Keaton(Gung Ho,Batman Returns)Christopher Walken(Batman Returns,True Romance)Christian Slater(True Romance, Murder in the First)Kevin Bacon

The Matrix

Keanu Reeves(The Matrix, Dracula)Gary Oldman(Dracula,True Romance) Christian Slater(True Romance,Murder in the First) Kevin Bacon.

Yes, but again not what I am looking for. Just give the word, GIVE UP????!!!!!

James Boba Fettfield
06-04-2003, 12:19 PM
As moderator here, I declare everyone has given up. What's the answer?

darthvyn
06-04-2003, 10:00 PM

they're both movies...

?

no more mr. passive resistance...

"gimme a steak... medium rare..."

GHANDI II!

scruffziller
06-05-2003, 08:29 AM
The guy who played RJ Fletcher's son who was the winy, immature one (BUT DAD?!?!?!?) was the Genie on PeeWee's Playhouse. Laurence Fishburne(Morpheus) was Cowboy Curtis on PeeWee's Playhouse.

darthvyn
06-05-2003, 06:22 PM
Laurence Fishburne(Morpheus) was Cowboy Curtis on PeeWee's Playhouse.

man, i shoulda remembered that...

Dr Zoltar
06-11-2003, 12:09 PM
Here's another one...

Michael Richards (UHF) was in Trial & Error with Jeff Daniels. Jeff Daniels was in Speed with Keanu Reeves.

Mandalorian Candidat
06-11-2003, 03:26 PM
And Keanu Reeves was in Parenthood with Joaquin Phoenix.

LTBasker
06-13-2003, 01:42 PM
I finally saw this, twice actually. :D I had only seen parts of it years earlier, great movie! I wish Weird Al could be in more, seems he actually had some acting potential. 'Course he was in Spy Hard at the very beginning singing the James Bond song parody, but still. Can the DVD still be found? Definitely gotta check it out..

JediTricks
06-16-2003, 05:38 PM
Yeah, I've seen it around for $10 lately, even at WM.

Mandalorian Candidat
06-17-2003, 12:56 PM
Media Play is selling the DVD this week for $10.

El Chuxter
06-17-2003, 12:58 PM
The DVD's actually pretty new (maybe a year old, I think). Circuit City advertises it pretty regularly for $8.99, and it's easy to find it for $9.99 there and at Wal-Mart at other times.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-20-2003, 12:46 PM
I saw this yesterday on Showtime at my aunt's house (after Clockstoppers [pretty good] and before AOTC [the 11th time - definitely better on a 60" than a 9" :D ]). Oh man it was hilarious!!!!!! I love the Rambo part, when that guy was at point-blank range with a machine gun, and Al just shot an arrow at him and he blew up! HAHAHAHAHA!!! And I couldn't believe it when I saw the twinkie wiener sandwich, like he gives to Eminem on AL-TV (see signature line)! Now I need to buy the DVD!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

"What time is it?"
"HYAAAAHHHH!!!"
"It's 7:30."

Mandalorian Candidat
06-23-2003, 01:20 PM
My b'day was this last Saturday and my sister-in-law got me the DVD. I hadn't seen the entire movie in years so it was a great present.

I was kind of surprised at the disc. There were way more extras than I thought it would have, like a commentary and deleted scenes, yet it didn't even come with an insert card.

Anyways, a great movie. It's worth the $10 or whatever it costs.