PDA

View Full Version : Taun Taun with Guts

badtaste
05-28-2003, 12:31 PM
I saw a pic at REBELSCUM.COM of the ' HOTH SURVIVAL' pack and it contains a piece of taun taun guts. Great!! A new taun taun with his belly sliced open. Now I understand why they bring out Hoth Han with a saber.

icatch9
05-28-2003, 01:19 PM
I saw that too. Took me a bit to figure out what that white glob was. Pretty cool idea. I love how they've made figures that go together. You know like the Han hoth with Hoth set. Plus others like the delux 3P0 and Yoda going with the Arena. I just think that's the best idea Hasbro has had. Makes the toys more fun and shows they are thinking.

icatch9
05-28-2003, 01:21 PM
Oooo. guts!

badtaste
05-28-2003, 01:44 PM
Yeah, butte the funny thing is, these are the same guts as from the acklay, but a dif. collor.
....These beasts are all the same inside...

TheDarthVader
05-28-2003, 02:34 PM
That package looks awesome! I will be sure to buy one of these, maybe two. Well done, Hasbro.

LTBasker
05-28-2003, 02:52 PM
One really good thing about this set is the bowcaster. Originally the loose shots had Chewie with a POTF2 mold bowcaster, however that one is the more accurate 'caster from the 25th anniv packs.

Rogue II
05-28-2003, 03:51 PM
I like how they took the reigns off the tauntaun and spread the weapons out to make it look like you are getting more stuff.:D;)

Jargo
05-28-2003, 04:53 PM
I only want the Tauntaun and droid. All that other stuff is just trash. Who needs more Luke's, Leia's or Chewbacca's? Hardly worth buying.

icatch9
05-28-2003, 04:57 PM
Well, actually if you look at it all but the Luke is totaly new. Sure the Chewbacca is the same mold, but with the snow effects on him, it makes him new. The Leia is new too. It's the Bespin Escape Leia, but she has her coat/vest on wich makes it a new figure. All in all this is a great set, and it's a fine price at $20.00. I love this set and the other two. I hope they keep it up. Can't wait to see a rebel pilot pack.

Beast
05-28-2003, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by icatch9
Well, actually if you look at it all but the Luke is totaly new. Sure the Chewbacca is the same mold, but with the snow effects on him, it makes him new. The Leia is new too. It's the Bespin Escape Leia, but she has her coat/vest on wich makes it a new figure. All in all this is a great set, and it's a fine price at $20.00. I love this set and the other two. I hope they keep it up. Can't wait to see a rebel pilot pack.
The set is good, I agree. But I'm less then thrilled with the Leia. By using the Bespin Leia as a basis for the figure, they are putting the pantlegs over her boots. When she was on hoth, her boots were over her pants. She also had gloves on, but hopefully they will paint the bare hands white on the final set. But the legs are wrong. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

badtaste
05-28-2003, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
The set is good, I agree. But I'm less then thrilled with the Leia. By using the Bespin Leia as a basis for the figure, they are putting the pantlegs over her boots. When she was on hoth, her boots were over her pants. She also had gloves on. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Yeah, and her haircut is wrong too

Sidiously Darth
05-28-2003, 05:23 PM
This is a nice set for those who don't have any Hoth figures or Taun Taun. Fortunately, I don't fall in to that group. So, all I want is the droid. Maybe I'll get lucky and buy or trade for a loose one.

keithfite
05-28-2003, 05:32 PM
I think this set looks awsome. It is going to be a TRU exclusive too right? I think the droid looks great. I will by it just because of that.

Beast
05-28-2003, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by badtaste
Yeah, and her haircut is wrong too
Nope, they used the head from a previous Hoth Leia. Just like the snagged the vest from one of them also. The only real problem is the legs to the figure. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

badtaste
05-28-2003, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
Nope, they used the head from a previous Hoth Leia. Just like the snagged the vest from one of them also. The only real problem is the legs to the figure. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Ahh, yes I see, your right, I hope they fit

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-28-2003, 06:26 PM
Oh man . . . this set is great!!! That tauntaun is sweet. I like the guts! Well hey, I like it all. :D

badtaste
05-28-2003, 06:32 PM
this piece has some GUTS

Banthaholic
05-28-2003, 08:06 PM
I like the guts, a great addition to the open-belly taun-taun.

I think the droid easily makes the set. Just another obscure droid to hang around with K3-P0.

The addition of a open-bellied taun-tauin is awesome!!! I've wanted one of these since POTF-2 beast packs began coming out. Hopefully there's hope we could get a couple other unreleased beasts in sets like the TRU ones.

Kidhuman
05-28-2003, 08:41 PM
Cool, guts. I really don't need the figs except for the droid, but the Taun Taun is worth buying it for. I never had the split belly one, and now it comes with guts.

Jargo
05-29-2003, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
I only want the Tauntaun and droid. All that other stuff is just trash. Who needs more Luke's, Leia's or Chewbacca's? Hardly worth buying.
Actually i thought again and realised that over here The cost of a Tauntaun plus one figure individually carded is pretty much the same as the US asking price for this set. Add import tax onto it like we have to for all exclusives we don't normally get and the price for the whole set over here is about right. Those other figures of the rebels are just bonus. So all in all it doesn't really work out expensive and if I wanted to throw the three figures in the trash I wouldn't be wasting money really. So I suppose when all's said and done it is after all worth buying simply for the Tauntaun and droid.

aceguide
05-29-2003, 09:52 AM
I really am looking forward to this set. It has a lot of great elements, and you can never get enought Hoth.

I like this direction Hasbro is moving in. I am not so wild about using the Saga line to re-release figures. This seems to me to be a better way of releasing the older figures with a lot of cool accessories.

keith koth
05-29-2003, 11:35 AM
I think I will buy a few of these. I wouldn't be surprised at all if they changed the packaging and removed the guts. Remember how they changed the "bloody stump" Luke Bespin figure because they said that it was too offensive to some children...well, I think guts would be 10x more offensive to those same "sensitive" children.

Jayspawn
05-29-2003, 11:39 AM
I can't wait for the Hoth set w/ the Tauntaun. It's about time we get it too.

"I thought they smelled bad, on the outside." - Han Solo

evenflow
05-29-2003, 12:37 PM
I like this set, but at this point i will take naything. I have not bought anything from Star Wars in a while, lack of interest and lack of finding stuff.

LusiferSam
05-29-2003, 12:57 PM
Hasbro should keep the guts, it can't be any worst the Acklay. And besides the scene in ESB is much more graphic the toy could ever be.

The guts are all fine and dandy, but what I want is Luke go in the belly with or without innards.

jpak001
05-29-2003, 02:22 PM
Cool......guts-n-gore! (well not much gore, but it sounded cool).

Like a lot of ppl said here, I'll be getting this mainly for the astromech & taun-taun. I love these figure sets, best idea I've seen from Hasbro in a long time! It actually works out to be a great deal if you're interested in all the figures in the set... I mean, the 4 figures alone would normally cost you over $20, right?

badtaste
05-29-2003, 04:58 PM
maybe I'm all wrong and the guts belongs to the droid...

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-29-2003, 05:23 PM
Plus, with the Luke, you can just use him as another Deck Officer. And the Chewbacca looks great. The Leia's legs are the only problem as far as I can see. I can't wait to get this set!

Droidlover
06-01-2003, 12:34 AM
Well I want the droid(duh) and the TaunTaun to go with the new Han( that hopefully I will find soon). The rest of the stuff is going in a box. Does the droid look like the body from the Naboo Escape R2 with un-retactable third leg?

badtaste
06-01-2003, 02:46 AM
Originally posted by Droidlover
Well I want the droid(duh) and the TaunTaun to go with the new Han( that hopefully I will find soon). The rest of the stuff is going in a box. Does the droid look like the body from the Naboo Escape R2 with un-retactable third leg?

It's the same droid as from the yelow one from the previeuw figures

seth_quinn
06-01-2003, 03:24 AM
"...I never had the split belly one, and now it comes with guts."

this excites me to no end as well because

"...you can never get enought Hoth."

exactly!

with all that comes in each of these sets, $20 is actually a bit of a steal imo.

plasticfetish
06-01-2003, 03:24 AM
I think I'll just pretend that the Leia figure is of her on a very special day when she decided to wear her pant legs over her boots.
It'll be a stretch, but I'm gonna run with it.

I gave my kid my loose Luke and taun-taun thinking that maybe someday I'd get a taun-taun with the split belly ... soooo, COOL!
Leia and chewy are nice.
The droid is super.
Heck, I may just go and recycle some aluminum cans to pay for this bad boy.

corporal AMF
06-02-2003, 07:36 PM
the Taun taun with guts is a must have..........I just wished thay gave it a new pose.......

mark2d2
06-03-2003, 04:38 AM
Wowee! I will definitely get this set.
I passed on the Tauntaun last time.
And of course the droid is super cool.

PS - I love all these astro droid repaints,
but a Protocol Droid would be cool
every once in a while. . .

Droidlover
06-03-2003, 08:31 PM
Well Mark if the do a Protocol, I wish they would give us the white droid seen in ANH, I believe he was CZ-3. I am trying to paint R4-E1, I believe is his name, the little white/red astro seen in Mos Eisley.

Beast
06-03-2003, 09:45 PM
CZ-3 is coming, in the Target Accessory Sets. He's scheduled for the 3rd Wave, so if we see him or not is still in the air. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Droidlover
06-04-2003, 12:40 AM
Oh wow! I had not heard that CZ-3 might be coming. DY-NO-MITE!

scruffziller
06-08-2003, 06:17 PM
That is cool but they forgot the most important part.

WHERE THE HECK IS HAN!!!!!!!

How can we have guts if there is no Han to spill them out of the belly!!!!!:(

Kidhuman
06-08-2003, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by scruffziller

How can we have guts if there is no Han to spill them out of the belly!!!!!:(

Thats what the new Han hoth with Lightsaber is for.

badtaste
06-13-2003, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by scruffziller

Your right, they should include Han because the Taun Taun with split belly is Han's Taun Taun afterall. The carded Han can't sit it on it because he has no articulated legs.
They include Luke with articulated legs in the 4-pack,so it's clear that he should ride the Taun Taun with split belly.
So Hasbro isn't accurate afterall , and now I'm confused to where I should put the guts in...

jedi master sal
06-13-2003, 12:18 PM
How about.....nevermind.

(Just Kiddin)

Yeha, you think they would have thought that out better. They could have had the new Han. In two versions no less. Making you have to buy both 4 packs in order to get the Blue and Brown coats, thereby netting $40 from us instead of $20. Also could have done without yet ANOTHER Luke and Leia. How about a General Reikann, dangit! And maybe a Toryn Farr (The female Rebel officer that says "stand by Ion Control" or something like that.) That would have been a SWEET set. As it is, I'm only getting one of these sets and that's ONLY because of the Tauntaun.

These CRAPTACULAR resculpts and reissues are putting a serious damper on my collecting habits. So much so that had I stuck to my normal schedule instead of parring it down a little because of the "drought", I would have found the 12 inch Lando Skiff that I've been looking for. Instead of being told that they sold out of them the night before.

Ah, the good old days....

You used to be able to walk into TRU and find any of the new stuff and in great or at least good numbers. AND that was in NON-movie years.

Modern SW collecting happiness: 1995-1999 may it rest in peace!

Okay so maybe I'm bein a little melodramatic here.