PDA

View Full Version : Thor movie- due out June 4th, 2010!

JediTricks
05-29-2003, 03:00 AM
I mean sure, it could be the last step Marvel has towards doing a Silver Surfer film, but let's face it, Marvel has been on a film kick lately yet some of their big hitters like Cap & Thor don't seem to have any development yet. Is a Thor film on the horizon?

James Boba Fettfield
05-29-2003, 06:30 AM
Is anything being done with it at the moment? The short answer is not right now, but Avi Arad has stated that Thor is a movie he has planned. So maybe by the end of this year you'll have a better idea about the plans for this movie. Look at how quick they got around to getting the Punisher rolling, I have no doubt we'll be hearing about Thor in the near future.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
05-29-2003, 10:37 AM
Psh, I think that there will be no argument when i say that the only man who can rightly play Thor MUST be the man who played Thor in the "Incredible Hulk" TV series! C'mon, i can't see anybody else playing him! hehehehehehehehe :D

Rogue II
05-29-2003, 11:02 AM
I think Fabio would make a wonderful Thor. His long flowing blonde hair...his muscular chest...and his accent....He is soooo dreamy. ;) :D

Seriously...how many super hero movies do they need to make? Hopefully they will quit before the Wonder Twins get their own film.

evenflow
05-29-2003, 12:44 PM
I would love to see a Thor movie, that would rock!

Eternal Padawan
05-29-2003, 03:10 PM
The short answer: Sure. Eventually. :)

Where's the Avengers movie? I'm jonesing for a Jarvis the Butler action figure. :crazed:

2-1B
05-30-2003, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by Jedi_Master_Guyute
Psh, I think that there will be no argument when i say that the only man who can rightly play Thor MUST be the man who played Thor in the "Incredible Hulk" TV series! C'mon, i can't see anybody else playing him! hehehehehehehehe :D

Right on ! :crazed:

JT, we already have our Mighty Thor movie, "The Incredible Hulk Returns" :D

Erik Kramer rules ! ! !

JediTricks
05-30-2003, 04:25 AM
Originally posted by Rogue II
Seriously...how many super hero movies do they need to make? Hopefully they will quit before the Wonder Twins get their own film. Have you seen the short insert cartoons on Cartoon Network, "The NEW Adventures of the Wonder Twins", where the twins learn nothing and never save the day? I'd see a movie like that for them. :D

And I'm sorry, but claiming that Hulk tv-movie is acceptable as a Mighty Thor film is like claiming the Nick Fury tv-movie is all we need of the Marvel universe or that "Birds of Prey" was an ample Batman series. ;)

Thor needs a real movie! Way more than Namor/Aquaman or Halle Berry in the title role of "Catwoman" or the Thing's own spin-off series. Then again, I think Silver Surfer would make a very interesting TV show if done right, but there's nobody out there capable of such a show and nearly no audience to watch it.

Eternal Padawan
05-30-2003, 10:30 AM
Don't forget the Jessica Simpson movie! She's reportedly going to be a major Marvel heroine and she was quoted as saying " I can only tell you it's definitely NOT Wonder Woman..." :rolleyes: Save us all. I hope it's Dazzler with rhinestone rollerskates and
all! ;)
What's with that Catwoman movie anyway? The only thing they kept about the character was the title? What's the friggin' point?

Darth Jax
05-30-2003, 09:02 PM
thor was made already, they called it 'adventures in baby-sitting'

JediTricks
05-31-2003, 05:29 AM
Originally posted by Darth Jax
thor was made already, they called it 'adventures in baby-sitting' Hard to believe Private Pyle from Full Metal Jacket aka Detective Goren from Law & Order: Criminal Intent was ever that in shape or had hair that long. My mom loves "Adventures in Babysitting", so we bought it on DVD - I forgot how much of a jerk "Thor" is in that film.

2-1B
05-31-2003, 11:30 AM
Good call ! I have the Adventures in Babysitting DVD too and completely forgot about "Thor" being in that movie ! :D

Hey JT, how about Bradley Whitford (West Wing, Billy Madison, My Life) as Elisabeth Shue's 'so cool' boyfriend ? :crazed:

RooJay
06-02-2003, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by Rogue II
I think Fabio would make a wonderful Thor. His long flowing blonde hair...his muscular chest...and his accent....He is soooo dreamy. ;) :D

Seriously...how many super hero movies do they need to make? Hopefully they will quit before the Wonder Twins get their own film.

They actually don't need to make any, but neither do they need to make another cowboy, cop, sci-fi, horror, historical drama, documentary, romantic comedy, etcetera, etcetera movie. Haven't they all been done to death by now? ;) Of course, things might well get pretty boring if that ever happened so I'll take as many super hero movies as I can get.

I'd have to go with Ralph Moeller (tv's Conan/ Hagen from Gladiator) as my choice for Thor at the moment. I think he'd do a pretty good job with the right direction. Plus, I can't think of anyone else that'd be better at the moment.

RooJay
06-02-2003, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by Eternal Padawan
Don't forget the Jessica Simpson movie! She's reportedly going to be a major Marvel heroine and she was quoted as saying " I can only tell you it's definitely NOT Wonder Woman..." :rolleyes: Save us all. I hope it's Dazzler with rhinestone rollerskates and
all! ;)
What's with that Catwoman movie anyway? The only thing they kept about the character was the title? What's the friggin' point?

How sucky would that be if her "major Marvel heroine" actually was Wonder Woman? Someone should let her know that few of us who are fans of the genre actually thought that was the "Marvel" character she was playing. Especially seeing as how Wonder Woman isn't even a Marvel character...

jjreason
06-03-2003, 02:52 AM
I'd like to see Jessica Simpson as Emma Frost - as long as she has no speaking parts and models some nice, tiny white outfits. Heck, I'd go twice.....

HEY! This is the Thor thread, maybe she's the Enchantress!

My pick for Thor would have to be (physical appearance only) the same guy who played Sabretooth in X1. Tyler Mane or whatever? That's your guy. Too bad we'll likely get Owen Nelson....

RooJay
06-03-2003, 04:30 AM
Owen...Wilson?!

Eternal Padawan
06-03-2003, 05:47 PM
Ralph Moeller RULES! But now you've jinxed it. Like I jinxed the Punisher by suggesting Michael Wincott should play him.

jjreason
06-04-2003, 12:48 AM
Yes, Roojay, Owen WILSON. Obviously Im a huge fan...... :D

Don't know what the heck I was thinking of on that one. Oh wait, Luke and Owen are brothers right? I used to have a client named Luke Nelson. Now I get it.

RooJay
06-05-2003, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by Eternal Padawan
Ralph Moeller RULES! But now you've jinxed it. Like I jinxed the Punisher by suggesting Michael Wincott should play him.

Good to see that we agree on Moeller as Thor, but I'm actually glad you jnxed Michael Wincott as Punisher. Don't get me wrong, I loves me some Michael Wincott (the dude is awesome and wicked scary!), but he's just not the Punisher I know. His coolest aspect is his freaky voice, but the Punisher I've known has always been a man of few words and I'm afraid Mr. Wincott woul;d be wasted.

He'd have been a terribly cool Jigsaw, though!;)

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-29-2008, 10:45 AM
Dusting this thread off as it was announced today that Kenneth Brannagh is in negotiations to direct THOR!

From Variety (http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=7686):

Kenneth Branagh is negotiating to direct "Thor," the next Marvel Comics property that will be turned into a live-action film by Marvel Studios. Pic will be released in 2010.
Marvel Studios chief Kevin Feige's choice of Branagh is surprising, as Branagh hasn't really directed an action-heavy film since his debut on "Henry V," a bloody telling of the British king's conquest of France.

Branagh is the latest in a string of directors -- such as Jon Favreau ("Iron Man"), Christopher Nolan (the Batman franchise) and Gavin Hood ("X-Men Origins: Wolverine") -- with arthouse roots taking on big-budget comicbook fare.

Marvel will set a distributor for "Thor" shortly.

"Thor" comicbook adaptation, penned by Mark Protosevich, follows disabled medical student Donald Blake, who has an alter ego as the hammer-wielding Norse god Thor.

Marvel will self-finance the film via its $500 million credit facility through Merrill Lynch. Marvel used that coin to fund both "Iron Man" and "The Incredible Hulk" and will do the same for the "Iron Man" sequel that has director Favreau and star Robert Downey Jr. returning.

The "Thor" negotiations come during a resurgence for Branagh. He's currently drawing raves on the London stage in the title role of "Ivanov," and he'll next be seen acting in the Richard Curtis-directed "The Boat That Rocked" and the Bryan Singer-helmed "Valkyrie."

Branagh is repped by Endeavor and manager Judy Hofflund.

Should prove to be interesting. I've always been a fan of his Shakespeare film work as it's always very spot on; I still need to forgive him for destroying Shelley's Frankenstein though. hehehe :thumbsup:

bigbarada
09-29-2008, 12:47 PM
Dusting this thread off as it was announced today that Kenneth Brannagh is in negotiations to direct THOR!

From Variety (http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=7686):

Should prove to be interesting. I've always been a fan of his Shakespeare film work as it's always very spot on; I still need to forgive him for destroying Shelley's Frankenstein though. hehehe :thumbsup:

I'm cautiously optimistic, because this is one of those characters that will be very easy to screw up. Hopefully, they don't try to "modernize" Thor's look, because that's always seemed to fail in the comic books.

I'll reserve judgement until I see some actual images of the Thor costume.

Beast
09-29-2008, 01:39 PM
I'm cautiously optimistic, because this is one of those characters that will be very easy to screw up. Hopefully, they don't try to "modernize" Thor's look, because that's always seemed to fail in the comic books.

I'll reserve judgement until I see some actual images of the Thor costume.
His Ultimate and Current 616 costumes arn't that bad.

bigbarada
09-29-2008, 02:09 PM
Walt Simonson's Thor will always be the quintessential version of the character for me.:yes:

preacher
09-29-2008, 11:52 PM
Paul Michael Levesque should play Thor. He would make Thor the epitome of two fisted bad-a$$ery that he is. Plus he's familiar with the use of a hammer...

JediTricks
10-07-2008, 10:48 PM
Wow, I was totally shocked to see that I was the author of this thread. I didn't remember writing ANYTHING about a Thor movie. I see the title was changed, but otherwise, it appears this is my thread. Looks like I was onto something with Cap & Thor, that's awesome.

Beast
10-15-2008, 01:40 PM
Looks like it's now official that Branagh is helming the project.

Branagh Clears Schedule To Take On Thor

Shakespearean actor KENNETH BRANAGH has stepped down as director of upcoming West End play HAMLET to take on the big-screen adaptation of Marvel comic THOR.

The English star, who helmed and starred in the 1996 version of Shakespeare's Hamlet, was due to direct Jude Law in a Donmar Warehouse production of the tragedy at London's Wyndham's Theatre. But he's had to withdraw from the project after reaching the final stages of negotiations with Marvel bosses over the Thor movie, due for release in 2010.

Branagh will be replaced by Michael Grandage, the artistic director of the Donmar Warehouse, which is currently in the middle of its year-long residency at the Wyndham's Theatre. Grandage says, "We have arrived at this arrangement very amicably." And Law is also in support of the production change. He adds, "I feel privileged to be part of the Donmar West End season and to be directed by the company's artistic director Michael Grandage. "It was Ken who brought me to this project. With his support and guidance, as one of the greatest Hamlets of all time, and with Michael directing, I can't imagine a better scenario for me, as an actor, to undertake the role."

Hamlet is due to begin previews at the end of May (09).

Source: WENN

Bel-Cam Jos
07-09-2010, 07:51 PM
So, who saw it?

Rocketboy
07-14-2010, 11:42 AM
Promo shot of Thor, Odin & Loki.

Same article (forgot the link) says both Thor and Captain America will be in (converted - ugh) 3D.

Maradona
07-14-2010, 12:54 PM
I wonder what Jack Kirby would think of these designs.

JediTricks
07-14-2010, 01:07 PM
It was "due" out, didn't say it would BE out.

Man, that picture instills no confidence in me.

El Chuxter
07-14-2010, 03:04 PM
The fact that it's Thor instills no confidence in me. Even when I was buying everything with the Marvel name, I managed to skip Thor.

bigbarada
07-14-2010, 07:08 PM
Man, that picture instills no confidence in me.

Yeah, it looks terrible. Like some low-budget crap that you would see on the Sci-Fi... oops, sorry, SyFy :rolleyes: Channel.

Too rubbery, too modern and where the heck is Thor's helmet? :mad:

Lord Malakite
07-14-2010, 07:56 PM
Yeah, it looks terrible. Like some low-budget crap that you would see on the Sci-Fi... oops, sorry, SyFy :rolleyes: Channel.

Too rubbery, too modern and where the heck is Thor's helmet? :mad:
Could be worse. They could look like their Power Ranger counterparts.

bigbarada
07-14-2010, 09:30 PM
Could be worse. They could look like their Power Ranger counterparts.

Well, that would be worse, but not by much. I think Thor should look like he stepped off the set of Lord of the Rings and look very outdated and low-tech.

I'm betting that the filmmakers were worried that he wouldn't mesh well with Iron Man if he wasn't all futuristic and shiny looking. But that's the whole point of the Avengers, you take a bunch of characters that don't mesh together and you mesh them together. It's people who have absolutely nothing in common with each other all fighting for the common good.

Rocketboy
07-15-2010, 12:14 AM
The fact that it's Thor instills no confidence in me. Even when I was buying everything with the Marvel name, I managed to skip Thor.Marvel movies somehow made Iron Man (one of their lamest comic characters ever) awesome, so I'm keeping an open mind.

RooJay
07-15-2010, 06:07 AM
They need their big hats.

Lord Malakite
07-15-2010, 02:14 PM
Well, that would be worse, but not by much. I think Thor should look like he stepped off the set of Lord of the Rings and look very outdated and low-tech.
Technically the Power Rangers version of Thor does look outdated and low-tech if you want to get picky about it. lol The actor may have also stepped off the set of Lord of the Rings for all that I know, both are/were filmed in New Zealand (in fact the actor who portrays the butler from that season of Power Rangers, David Weatherley, was in Lord of the Rings). :D

preacher
07-16-2010, 10:49 PM
Technically the Power Rangers version of Thor does look outdated and low-tech if you want to get picky about it. lol The actor may have also stepped off the set of Lord of the Rings for all that I know, both are/were filmed in New Zealand (in fact the actor who portrays the butler from that season of Power Rangers, David Weatherley, was in Lord of the Rings). :D

I won't ask why you know that much about power rangers actors.

Lord Malakite
07-17-2010, 02:14 AM
I won't ask why you know that much about power rangers actors.
Following Power Morphicon (http://www.officialpowermorphicon.com/) (which is the Power Rangers equivalent to SW Celebration) reading topics on Power Ranger fan websites and browsing various Power Ranger message board discussions (sometimes with said actors even participating in the discussion).

Bel-Cam Jos
07-17-2010, 12:17 PM
"Lord Malakite" is an anagram of "I am an expert on most things Power Rangers." :rolleyes: We all have our areas of expertise, you know, and LM rules at that.

Mad Slanted Powers
07-17-2010, 05:06 PM
They should just make the movie about this guy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andreas_Thorkildsen).

Bel-Cam Jos
05-15-2011, 10:44 AM
Cannot wait for June '10!