PDA

View Full Version : Would you buy this Playskool Set - Part 2?

SirSteve
05-29-2003, 09:17 PM
Time for another poll on this... Hopefully Hasbro is paying attention.

James Boba Fettfield
05-29-2003, 09:30 PM
Woah, it's got Boba Fett! Boba Fett can sell me on anything!

Battle Droid
05-29-2003, 09:39 PM
Don't collect the line.

jrosen
05-29-2003, 11:08 PM
It's a nice line, but with everything else, it falls in the back.

Thunderstorm1
05-29-2003, 11:14 PM
Put me down for two, Gotta Have it!

Uki
05-29-2003, 11:18 PM
I would be all over this like Chew on Bacca. (That was so lame...)
But I seriously love this idea!

stillakid
05-29-2003, 11:40 PM
Definitely! My kids love this line and I enjoy them as well. They look so daggon cute. The more the better. :)

MaltbyRob
05-30-2003, 12:00 AM
That's the one, I'd love to see this! Although I do think that It's asking a lot to expect six figures with a playskool set. Still, I would buy it in a minute.

bobafrett
05-30-2003, 01:11 AM
I love the Playskool line, and I would buy anything that they put out SW related. Bobafett would be awesome, plus another Stormtrooper, YES!

daricksstarwars
05-30-2003, 01:11 AM
Yes indeed! The first sets were so well done that you would have to expect more of the same!!

wookiee5172
05-30-2003, 02:21 AM
Yes I would buy this set. Bobafett, Han Carbonite, Lando, Leia, and how about a Chewie with C-3PO strapped to his back??

JediTricks
05-30-2003, 04:03 AM
Originally posted by MaltbyRob
That's the one, I'd love to see this! Although I do think that It's asking a lot to expect six figures with a playskool set. Still, I would buy it in a minute. I agree, I don't think they could pull 6 figures out of this set unless Slave 1 were larger and deluxe (which, btw, I'd LOVE). But the vehicle and the figures look really cool and I'd definitely buy this set. Heck, there could be magnets in the Han carbo block and magnets in the loading ramp on Slave 1 and it could float into place... ok, now I'm just dreaming. ;)

shortcat
05-30-2003, 11:54 AM
The "Save Solo" set would have to be a Deluxe set, like the Falcon. But the Slave 1 would be smaller, with less play value than the Falcon, so I don't think the six figures would be out of the question. There's only one figure there that I'm not sure about, and that's the Lobot. I'd love to see it, but maybe an Ugnaut would be better in this set. Not sure. The other five are a must, though. Come on, Hasbro! You have to see that this line must continue!
You think we could use a Jedi mind trick on them? "You want to continue the Playskool Star Wars line indefinitely!"

These figures are, for the most part, inarticulated PVC plastic, the least expesive materials they could possibly have chosen, but they're still the coolest versions of these characters I can think of. The only real expense was for the vehicles. You can't tell me Hasbro didn't make money on this line, and we all know they could continue to make money on this line.

By the way, one of my favorite things about the first series is that it didn't repeat ANY figures. Each set also represented a different movie in the series. I think a new series should continue that (with the possible exception of the Stormtrooper). No offense to you troop builders, but I hate having to buy a figure I already have to get another one that I don't. For instance, how many frickin Lukes do we need? No repeats of characters should be made unless they are significantly different from the ones already released. Unlike many collectors, I don't buy extras, only the one that I want for my own collection.

jedi master sal
05-30-2003, 12:00 PM
I have, til now, suppressed the urge, but if this set comes out it will force me to get the whole line.

I would definitely buy the Save Solo set.

Then to my fiancee's chagrin, I'd buy the rest of the line as well.

Darth Jax
05-30-2003, 08:11 PM
any playskool set i'd be up for. since the sets have typically contained only 3 or 4 figs think asking for 6 is too much. boba, han (carbonite), lando are musts for the set. could throw in a leia bespin, but since most kids won't know who lobot is, or even care he's out. i'd like another stormtrooper, but precedent has been not to repack a fig.

Bacta Man
05-30-2003, 10:18 PM
Hey, I don't see a link to the pictures anywhere! I voted yes anyway.

metaljedi
05-31-2003, 01:32 AM
I don't collect the line. But I would definately get this since Im a mark for Boba Fett.

Unkle Mike
05-31-2003, 11:36 AM
Where is this picture? Is is just me? What the dillio?

Darth Jax
06-01-2003, 09:05 PM
click on the link titled save solo, in the first post to see the pic.

JediTricks
06-02-2003, 01:39 AM
It's attached to the first post in this thread:

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=254554

Kidhuman
06-02-2003, 08:38 PM
I would buy just aout any set of these. But Boba Fett, bring it on. How about a Rancor set or a Jabba's palace set.

stillakid
06-03-2003, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by kidhuman
I would buy just aout any set of these. But Boba Fett, bring it on. How about a Rancor set or a Jabba's palace set.

Man, I'd love to see a Playskool Jabba! While they're at it, maybe a Sailbarge. I love how they've done all the ships so far and seeing that hell will freeze over before they make a version for the regular line, I'd gladly settle for the Playskool toy. :)

Capacti
06-03-2003, 04:15 AM
My kingdom for a new playskool line!!!!!!!!!
I would by any playskool set without a doubt.
What about a hangar duel set with yoda and tyrannus fighting and the solar sailer.
Or a rebel assault ship with clone troopers and some jedi.
Please hasbro........ DO MORE!!!!!!!!!!

shortcat
06-04-2003, 01:09 PM
Jedi Master Sal - why have you suppressed the urge? Too much to buy? You may be missing the single best thing that Hasbro has released in the Star Wars line! Action figures that don't stand up properly and can't hold their accessories for any length of time are no match for these diminutive critters! And the cute, squished versions of the ships are amazing caricatures of the ships we all know and love. Maltbyrob said it best when he mentioned that he doesn't know anyone who wasn't hooked as soon as they opened one of these sets. Buy one of the small sets - that should be all it takes. Then we can all bother Hasbro incessantly until they release new sets! Your fiancee will get over it. Who knows, she might even like them more than you do!

dark_one
07-01-2003, 07:27 PM
FOR SURE! We need many new Playskool.