PDA

View Full Version : Anyone spot the Unleashed Series 5 yet?

DravenUnleashed
05-29-2003, 09:36 PM
In N.Cali we usually get these late so Im not even sure if theyre out yet... Anyone have any sightings yet??

BTW Series 5 = Luke, Obi, Palp

Rabbit4x
05-29-2003, 10:10 PM
Central Cali, nothing!
Only unleashed i have seen that is new is the Padme and Anakin and Tyranus.

jpak001
05-30-2003, 12:09 AM
Yep, So Cal = nothing @regular retail. I haven't seen anything since series 3....... and I only saw series 3 once.

bobafrett
05-30-2003, 12:15 AM
Nothing here in the Chicago area along the wave 5 line. I only saw one Vader and no Lieas, but I did get them from an online retailer. I also have wave 5 of unleashed on backorder.

mini-rock
05-30-2003, 02:02 AM
With a little over a month to go for this release they should be popping up on some online retailer sites here soon. I saw them on eBay about a week ago, but at some insane price. I have mine pre-ordered through EE, and they always seem to get their product in a few weeks early.:)

Jayspawn
05-30-2003, 09:12 AM
We havn't even had Slave Leia or Vader Unmasked show up yet. My stores are WAAAAYYYY far behind.

mm74md
05-30-2003, 02:07 PM
I ordered mine yesterday from ActionFigureExpress.com (http://www.actionfigureexpress.com/starwarunwav1.html). Turns out to be about $19.64 per figure with shipping. Not bad considering I probably won't see them on the pegs 'till around Christmas time. The only items I've bought online this year are Unleashed & Star Tours. All my local stores (MD/DC) have last years Unleashed still on the pegs.

keithfite
05-30-2003, 05:38 PM
I have really had a problem with these in ohio. I have only seen the first 4 and padme. I have only seen mace once and I have never seen tyranus, leia or vader w/o helmet and I know I wont find any of the new series. I order them off the net. EE and kebco have them at good prices. And yestertoys if they ever have unleashed in stock. All you guys and girls that do find em, what store do you find em in the most?

mini-rock
05-30-2003, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by mm74md
I ordered mine yesterday from ActionFigureExpress.com (http://www.actionfigureexpress.com/starwarunwav1.html).

Same here. Just got my UPS info on the shipment too.:D

Darth Jax
05-30-2003, 08:14 PM
only unleased i've EVER seen at retail are maul and jango/boba and that was on clearance at k-b toys

metaljedi
05-31-2003, 12:35 AM
The only one I haven't found at retail is Vader either one. Hoping that these will find there way there as well.

mini-rock
06-06-2003, 10:10 PM
I just got the set in about an hour ago, and these three figures give me a new admiration for the line. hese figures are getting better and better with each wave released.

Luke is the biggest display of the three. Sideous is an awesome looking figure too, but getting both hands with lightning on totally covers up the face so only used one lightning hand and a regular hand. Sideous comes with a pair of each. Obi-Wan IMO was the best of the bunch. He's not as "Unleashed" as the other two, but the pose is simple and elegant. Anyone thinking of just getting one of these should reconsider and get the set. With each new wave there has been improvement, and I know the Yoda/Boba/Han wave will be even better.

bobafrett
06-07-2003, 12:04 AM
I got my set from EE today. Man do these look awesome. Sideous looks really good and evil. I would have to say he is my favorite of the three. Now, do I open these, or leave them carded. Money is tight, and I doubt I'll see them on clearance, so I can pick up a second set.

mini-rock
06-07-2003, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by bobafrett
I got my set from EE today. Man do these look awesome. Sideous looks really good and evil. I would have to say he is my favorite of the three. Now, do I open these, or leave them carded. Money is tight, and I doubt I'll see them on clearance, so I can pick up a second set.

I'd say leave them carded until you get a good glass cabinet to display them in. Then OPEN OPEN OPEN!! :)

bobafrett
06-07-2003, 12:26 AM
Well, I have doubles of the first 6, so I have those opened and displayed. I'll have to get a bigger place, or seriously rearrange the furniture to fit a glass case, but that does sound like the best idea, because the Unleashed line rocks!

mini-rock
06-07-2003, 12:53 PM
I did that also, had doubles of the first 9, but afte I got my glass case I sold of the doubles. don't know if there is an Ikea in your area, but that is where I got mine. Not the best, but it looks damn good in my theater room. My wife gave me a hard time for buying a glass case for a "bunch of plastic" but even if they were made out of paper still would have got it. They LOOK cool as ****, and yeah, THEY ROCK!!:)

Turbowars
06-07-2003, 02:27 PM
Very cool Mini. Did you get the case that is about 18"x 18"x 7' tall =$100?

Hellboy
06-07-2003, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by mini-rock
[B] Sideous is an awesome looking figure too, but getting both hands with lightning on totally covers up the face so only used one lightning hand and a regular hand. Sideous comes with a pair of each. B]

Yeah mini-rock I had the same issue with mine but I solved that problem by gently bending the lightning bolts upwards and I also set him on a base so I'm looking up at him. You could also try turning his right hand slightly off to the right exposing his face a bit more. :)

I agree that these are by far the best the line has to offer. I couldn't wait to open mine up. It's hard for me to pick a favorite because I like each one for different reasons.

-Darth Sidious: The coolest thing about him is the downright frightening detail on his face. He truly appears angry and menaceing.
-Luke Skywalker: He is by far the most Unleashed figure in the line to date. The size, color, and overall agressive feel it has makes it an instant stand out. The facial detail on him is amazing as well.
-Obi-Wan Kenobi: A more simple pose but it completely captures the demeanor of Obi-Wan, powerful yet patient.

I can't wait for Han Solo :D

mini-rock
06-07-2003, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by turbowars
Very cool Mini. Did you get the case that is about 18"x 18"x 7' tall =$100?

turbo, It's the silver "Nortorp" glass door cabinet on page 81 of the 2003 Ikea catalog and retails for $149.00. I had originally gotten it to collect the SW mini-busts, but ended up passing on them then I stuck my Unleashed in it. Now that I'm getting The Matrix mini-busts I'll be using it for that. I also have some "Billy" dark grey metallic finish bookcases with glass doors on them for my 12 inchers, and recently got 2 of the "Billy" glass cabinet ($159.00?ea.) for the Unleashed that's not in the catalog, but it is on their website. The Billy glass cabinet fits the Unleashed figures perfectly so I have 3 more on order for the Unleashed line, Master Replicas, and the McFarlane Matrix figures.:)

Hellboy, yeah I did that and thats what it took to make it look right :). I don't like handling the figures to much. If I mess around with it too much I know, from past experience, that I'll break it.

DravenUnleashed
06-07-2003, 05:56 PM
First thing... I really dont like the "action visual" that Unleashed is getting into now and was planning on switching the big green "whoosh!" from Lukes hilt with the green blade from Anakins hilt (Ill just take of the saber and put on his alternative hand or just leave the blade as 'unsheathed')... Anyways is it possible to do this or does the action blob kinda support Luke onto the base??

Secondly, mini-rock, you need to post up some pics of your arrangement asap! Ive got figures of all sorts around on my room and the dream has always been to get a case but I just dont have the space for one :( ... Seeing pics of others setup makes me happier when I see them :)

mini-rock
06-07-2003, 08:59 PM
DravenUnleashed, Luke's saber doesn't attach the same way that Anakin's or anyone elses does. The hilt is attached to his hands, and the gren "whoosh thing comes in two parts. The first part that attaches to the hilt has a little metal pole that goes into the hilt, and the second part attaches to the bottom of the first. So, there really is no way to use another blade unless you do some serious altering. I won't say it can't be done, but know I don't have the skill to do it. Also Luke will stand up on the base without the whoosh thingy. Hope that helps.:)

As for the pics yeah I know. derek has asked me several times to do so, and I still haven't gotten a digital camera. I did attempt to buy one at one time, but the sales people at the Good Girls didn't know which one would work with my Webtv. Other than that I have no excuse other than I have been lazy. I'll work on it though.:)

bobafrett
06-08-2003, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by mini-rock
I did that also, had doubles of the first 9, but afte I got my glass case I sold of the doubles. don't know if there is an Ikea in your area, but that is where I got mine. Not the best, but it looks damn good in my theater room. My wife gave me a hard time for buying a glass case for a "bunch of plastic" but even if they were made out of paper still would have got it. They LOOK cool as ****, and yeah, THEY ROCK!!:)

Hey, I have an IKEA just a couple of towns over from me. I love shopping there, but I don't have the space to be putting anymore furniture in my current living quarters. I have a small glass enclosed bookcase from Wal-Mart, but it is packed with books and a few of my favorite figures. I will take a look though, and see if there isn't something I could move to make place for the glass case.

Teeska Mon Eebon
06-08-2003, 04:15 PM
newest thing I've seen was Jango and Boba :(