PDA

View Full Version : Jackson or Fishburne



scruffziller
05-30-2003, 11:32 AM
I think that Lawerence Fishburne would have made an excellent Mace Windu, I think so even more so than Sam Jackson. Sam is a little too happy go lucky for my tastes as a Jedi. I see too many of his past movie charachters coming out in this role. I like the Jedi to be more stolid as was Qui Gonn. But then again Sam's personality for Mace might be relevent to EPS 3??????;)

The Overlord Returns
05-30-2003, 12:32 PM
Hmm..........you'd have to change the character name to "Morpheus Windu", as that is essentially what you would get.

I'm fine with Sam in the role........who knows, perhaps he'll get some kick butt scenes in ep 3....

El Chuxter
05-30-2003, 01:23 PM
Three things about movies you can take for granted:

1) Hugh Jackman is Wolverine
2) Alan Cumming is Nightcrawler
3) Samuel L Jackson is Mace Windu.

Case closed! :happy:

AndyW
06-03-2003, 09:06 PM
Tough one, I always thought fishburne would have made a good jedi, but now I can't see anyone else as Mace after having Samuel L Jackson.

I have to say, and I don't know if anything in EU backs it up, but I always imagined Qui-Gon and Windu never really got along, not sure why, but I always got the impression of a clash of character. Qui Gon remains one of my favourite prequel charactors too, for what its worth.

Brainiak76
06-04-2003, 05:54 PM
i like sam as windu but fishburne would be dope also!! i dunno.. if fishburne was windu then IMO Morpheous would be windu!! there characters would be to similar and the way fishburne would play windu is almost the same as morph

scruffziller
06-05-2003, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by Brainiak76
if fishburne was windu then IMO Morpheous would be windu!! there characters would be to similar and the way fishburne would play windu is almost the same as morph

Yea you are right about that.:)

I think Fishburne is more of a cinema actor and Jackson is more of a theatre actor. Jackson is just too "gangsta" for being a Jedi.
He supresses it quite well in the movies but a degree of it still leaks through. Fishburne is softspoken and strong. That type of energy only really translates onto film. He is excellent in Boyz In Tha Hood and Higher Learning.

aceguide
06-05-2003, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by El Chuxter
Three things about movies you can take for granted:

1) Hugh Jackman is Wolverine
2) Alan Cumming is Nightcrawler
3) Samuel L Jackson is Mace Windu.

Case closed! :happy:

Agreed as amended:

Keanau Reeves IS Neo
Harrison Ford IS Han, er Indiana, er Han OK FINE BOTH!

2-1B
06-05-2003, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by scruffziller
He is excellent in Boyz In Tha Hood and Higher Learning.

Don't forget "A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors" ;)



Chux, I'll agree with all 3 of those 'truths' up there ! :D

aceguide
06-05-2003, 02:34 PM
I've always felt one of Fishbunre's best roles was King of NY. LOVE that flick. Makes me think he might be a better Sith than a Jedi though...:evil:

Dar Basra
06-05-2003, 03:28 PM
Frankly, I didn't think much of Jackson as Windu. Not sure with whom I would have replaced him, though. Not Fishburne, though.

2-1B
06-06-2003, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by aceguide
I've always felt one of Fishbunre's best roles was King of NY. LOVE that flick. Makes me think he might be a better Sith than a Jedi though...:evil:

Cool movie with a great cast! :)
Walken, Buscemi, Fishburne, David Caruso, Wesley Snipes . . . all are among my favorites !

mini-rock
06-06-2003, 03:59 AM
Nah, I think SLJ is excellent as Mace, but Fish as another Jedi or a Sith Lord would be cool too.

BUT I would have like to have seen Morgan Freeman as Dooku instead of CL. :)

scruffziller
06-06-2003, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by mini-rock

BUT I would have like to have seen Morgan Freeman as Dooku instead of CL. :)

Yea that would have been cool!!!!!!:D Freeman has that sophistication about him that can be flaunted in any which way.
Good or Evil.