PDA

View Full Version : Droids Escape Pod

Darth Trasko
11-19-2001, 03:14 AM
One vehicle never produced or even discussed much is C-3PO and R2's escape pod it is one of the first things you see in the movie and it always stands out in my mind ,it would be cool if hasbro released one.

evenflow
11-19-2001, 05:43 PM
I'd love to see a new one made. I have the vintage one, although very simple, still very cool. Include Davin Felth and you got yourself a really cool deluxe set there. :D

Obi-Don
11-20-2001, 08:21 AM
I have one in the action fleet but it would be great to have one for the figures.

bigbarada
11-20-2001, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by evenflow
I'd love to see a new one made. I have the vintage one, although very simple, still very cool. Include Davin Felth and you got yourself a really cool deluxe set there. :D

Who the heck is Davin Felth?:confused: Just include the droids and I would be happy.

El Chuxter
11-20-2001, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by bigbarada
Who the heck is Davin Felth?:confused: Just include the droids and I would be happy.

Davin Felth is the Stormtrooper who made famous the line, "Look, sir. Droids!"

browndroid
11-20-2001, 12:13 PM
yeah that would be cool if they made an escape pod with the droids............hmmmmmmmm:happy:

bigbarada
11-20-2001, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by El Chuxter

So the joke is, he'd really just be a re-issued Sandtrooper but with a name printed on the card.

GNT
11-23-2001, 01:31 AM
Originally posted by El Chuxter

Davin Felth is the name of the Stormtrooper? or the name of the actor who plays the stormtrooper? :confused:

Rollo Tomassi
11-23-2001, 10:31 AM
Davin Felth is the name of the character. There's a short story about him in Tales of the Mos Eisley Cantina book. He's a stormtrooper that got demoted from At-At pilot because he found a weak spot on the AT-AT (the legs could be brought down with tow cables) and his superior got infuriated with him because of it. So they demoted him to crap duty on Tatooine as a stormtrooper. He starts having serious doubts about the righteousness of the Empire when he meets his comanding officer on Tatooine. After a fateful day of slaughtering Jawas and killing a moisture farmer and his wife, Felth decides he would be better off working for the rebellion and during the altercation in Docking Bay 94 as the Falcon takes off, Felth shoots his commanding officer in the back and remains in the Empire spying for the alliance. He's the trooper clever enough to find droid parts in the sand and say "look sir, droids."

GNT
11-25-2001, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by Rollo Tomassi
Davin Felth is the name of the character. There's a short story about him in Tales of the Mos Eisley Cantina book. He's a stormtrooper that got demoted from At-At pilot because he found a weak spot on the AT-AT (the legs could be brought down with tow cables) and his superior got infuriated with him because of it. So they demoted him to crap duty on Tatooine as a stormtrooper. He starts having serious doubts about the righteousness of the Empire when he meets his comanding officer on Tatooine. After a fateful day of slaughtering Jawas and killing a moisture farmer and his wife, Felth decides he would be better off working for the rebellion and during the altercation in Docking Bay 94 as the Falcon takes off, Felth shoots his commanding officer in the back and remains in the Empire spying for the alliance. He's the trooper clever enough to find droid parts in the sand and say "look sir, droids."

Wow that very interesting!

JEDIpartner
11-27-2001, 03:22 PM
I've agreed on this point at least 900 times in the past year, but what the Hell...

Yesssssss... I too would love to see a nice escape pod with a new Threepio and Artoo sculpt.

You can even count me in on the next 900 times this is gonna come up! I love the droids and anything related to the Tantive IV!!! :p

Darth Cruel
12-09-2001, 02:05 PM
I know I have seen this posted and I have also posted it before, but yes I would very much like the escape pod for both the 4" and the 12" lines.

Jargo
12-09-2001, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by Rollo Tomassi
Davin Felth is the name of the character. There's a short story about him in Tales of the Mos Eisley Cantina book. He's a stormtrooper that got demoted from At-At pilot because he found a weak spot on the AT-AT (the legs could be brought down with tow cables)
Oh my, how tenuous is that?!!!!!

I wouldn't say no to a fully working escape pod with a finally released together 3PO and R2. but the pod we see on tatooine is only the landing part of it. Or rather the round forward part without the thruster section at the back. Like the rest was jettisoned on entering the atmosphere or something. but it's definately a much smaller section of pod than the whole pod we see in space.
Anyway, quibbles aside a pod would be cool as long as it was correct scale. i hate having to jam figures into vehicles when they should fit in with room to spare if the vehicle was correct scale. And as this is really just a tiny craft, then hasbro could do it real scale and it wouldn't hurt them.

I can't see the point of adding a looks exactly the same as any other sandtrooper davin felth figure unless he had a removable helmet and enough people would know who he was. Would you want him to come with an 'O' ring held in front of his face and a commtech chip with his famous line? Unless someones going to attribute the other line from the docking bay "Stop that ship!, blast them!" what a classic that is.........

Jayspawn
12-12-2001, 12:10 PM
Bring us the POD Hasbro!

mark2d2
12-19-2001, 03:47 PM
The Pod would definitely be pretty sweet. It's such an important ship in the plot. (Without it --- Artoo would have never gotten off the Blockade Runner and we'd then have no episode IV, V, and VI.) It'd have a relatively low price point. I don't understand why this has not been made.

Make it.
Make it!
MAKE IT!!!!

Rollo Tomassi
03-21-2002, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by Jayspawn
Bring us the POD Hasbro!

Bring us the POD Hasbro!