PDA

View Full Version : Anybody broadcasting their computer on their BIG SCREEN!!!!!

scruffziller
05-31-2003, 12:20 PM
I have had this 32" digital TV for 3 years and just now have gotten around to hooking my computer up to the VGA outlet on it.
The picture is incredible. But since I am used to a flatscreen monitor(and the TV is not) it is somewhat strange with the bubble screen.

Exhaust Port
05-31-2003, 12:55 PM
That would be great for games!!

scruffziller
05-31-2003, 02:08 PM
oh it is!!!!

bobafrett
06-01-2003, 01:11 AM
My last girlfriend has a brother who could have the computer broadcast on the lasge TV, and he could have a TV program running in the background. It was to much for my eyes. He also had it so he could have the TV going on the computer.

seth_quinn
06-01-2003, 03:51 AM
I've got a 32"er too but there's twin 20's on my desk so there's barely anything to be gained for me visually, but it is handy when you're having a party, with an rf mouse you can control everything from the livingroom and just play mp3s through the stereo, and hide all your cd's so that they're still there in the morning.

a few years ago we plugged a ps1 into one of those projectors and played wipeout3 - 9' tall on the wall, clearer than ever before until I thought my eyes were going to come apart. simply epic gaming. my hands were tight for a week afterwards and I'd do it again in an instant.

CloneTrooperMace
06-01-2003, 08:19 AM
I was going to hook it out but my mom said no.It would be so cool to hook it my 52" tv screen,it would be great to play games.

LusiferSam
06-01-2003, 01:05 PM
I've done that with my laptop before. The main reason was gaming. But because for the resolution of some the games played at (640 x 480 or 600 x 800) they look terrible.
More recently I was going to hook up the laptop so I could use it as a DVD player. But s-video ports have a different number of pins, so that idea is out.

scruffziller
06-01-2003, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by LusiferSam

More recently I was going to hook up the laptop so I could use it as a DVD player. But s-video ports have a different number of pins, so that idea is out.

Don't use the S-video, use the VGA outlet to the TV VGA outlet to do this.

Jedi Clint
06-02-2003, 02:55 AM
My DirecTV signal and the signal from my vid card can be viewed on either my monitor or my TV. It's nice :)

scruffziller
06-08-2003, 06:22 PM
I am not sure if I want to move my computer back into my bedroom with my small monitor now. I am enjoying this big screen too much!!! I have been playing MechWarrior 3, Quake 3, Magic Online!!! Can't wait till DOOM 3 comes out to play on here!!!!

scruffziller
11-06-2003, 12:51 PM
Well no go................:cry:

Since the television only has resolution capacity of 800x600, I had to move my computer back into the bedroom to the monitor......:cry: in order to play SW:Galaxies. It has a minimum resolution of 1024x768. I bet so will DOOM 3, won't want to see them in any other way anyway.:happy:

scruffziller
08-31-2008, 11:41 PM
I got a new media center PC that dubs as my DVR and it is hooked up to my new 42" HD 1080P Panasonic TV.:love:

dr_evazan22
09-01-2008, 01:23 AM
Nice!

I had been wanting a larger monitor for a while. Plus alarger TV. When I got my tax refund earlier in the year I got a 26" flat screen to pull double duty. Pretty happy with it, esp the PIP aspect.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-01-2008, 01:33 AM
I had to get a 20" iMac for the film program here, and it's pretty spiffy. The computer at my house looks tiny now by comparison (and the resolution is worse there, so everything looks huge).

UKWildcat
09-01-2008, 01:53 AM
I have my PC hooked up to my 32" Samsung LCD, but I don't utilize it all that often... usually only when I stream ripped dvds from my HD to my TV. Gotta love Netflix. :thumbsup:

Jargo
09-01-2008, 06:04 AM
I have a friend who hooked his pc up to a 50 inch HDMI screen. pretty impressive. there again he has a room the size of a football field. he used to have a projector hooked up but that was pants.
I only have my secondary PC hooked up to a panasonic 28 inch LCD which is more than big enough as my room is tiny.

I've found that the bigger the screen the more likely it is I get eyestrain and headaches. probably because I'm long sighted. which is something i guess a lot of people don't think about when getting these superhuge screens. what's it doing to your eyes man, what's it doing to your eyes.