PDA

View Full Version : Do you need your house remodeled?

CloneTrooperMace
05-31-2003, 06:26 PM
Monday June2 at 8pm et on the discovery channel is monstor house.

Monster's in da house!
Literally.

Welcome to Monster House, a new show that transforms ordinary homes into functional themed masterpieces. Are you a golf-lover? Give us your house for seven days, and you may return to a nine-hole green in your back yard. Partial to castles? Then obviously you have need of a moat and drawbridge. Or perhaps you're Goth-esque, and favor a coffin for a bed.

Well, then, you need to apply to be a Monster homeowner (but note: right now, we are only seeking homeowners who live within a one-hour's drive of L.A.). If chosen, we'll shoo you and your family away from your house for one week (and no snooping, either; we're serious); only then can you return to see your new, Monster-ized home.

Interested? Click here to apply to be a Monster homeowner. (http://dsc.discovery.com/fansites/monstergarage/monsterhouse/homeowner.html)

But that's not all. As with Monster Garage, we also need the hands-on expertise to pull off these transitions. So if you're an architect, designer, contractor, plumber, builder, welder or an overall jack-of-all-trades, consider this: You can spend one week working with a team of builders/designers creating some of the most outrageous homes ever imagined and be on TV!

Come on, you know you're tempted. So click here to apply to be a Monster builder. (http://dsc.discovery.com/fansites/monstergarage/monsterhouse/builder.html)

bobafrett
06-01-2003, 12:31 AM
I'd love to have a Star Wars themed house made, but alas, I live in an apartment, and more than an hours drive away from L.A., oh well!

JediTricks
06-02-2003, 02:05 AM
Heh heh, I think my apartment's owner would be super peeved if I let them convert my apartment to the interior of the Falcon. :D

bobafrett
06-02-2003, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by JediTricks
Heh heh, I think my apartment's owner would be super peeved if I let them convert my apartment to the interior of the Falcon. :D

Ha, that would be awesome!!! I told my son that if I was ever to come across a million bucks or so, I would have a life size replica of the Falcon built, and I'd add an X-Wing and a TIE fighter. This way I could walk around in my trooper armor, pretending to scan for hidden life forms aboard the ship. Ah, to dream a little dream!

dr_evazan22
06-02-2003, 04:05 PM
I've always wanted a lifesize Falcon for a house also! But maybe since so many want that I could settle for an AT AT or Jabba's Palace!

Mandalorian Candidat
06-03-2003, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by JediTricks

Even more so if they converted it into the Death Star garbage compactor. Although it would be a lot cheaper for the do-it-yourselfer. ;)

JediTricks
06-04-2003, 01:44 AM
Originally posted by Mandalorian Candidat
Even more so if they converted it into the Death Star garbage compactor. Although it would be a lot cheaper for the do-it-yourselfer. ;) That's what I originally was gonna put, but I'd rather have the Falcon's interiors - I think they're just so dang cool. I'd need the cockpit section to be on a gimble.

Mandalorian Candidat
06-04-2003, 09:32 AM
How about a composite house. The dining room from Cloud City, Ani's bedroom from EP1 or Padme's from EP2, Palpatine's office from EP2 as a den, the Rebel briefing room from ROTJ as a home theater, the Massassi throne room as a garage, and Vader's chambers from ESB as a bathroom.

CloneTrooperMace
06-04-2003, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by Mandalorian Candidat
How about a composite house. The dining room from Cloud City, Ani's bedroom from EP1 or Padme's from EP2, Palpatine's office from EP2 as a den, the Rebel briefing room from ROTJ as a home theater, the Massassi throne room as a garage, and Vader's chambers from ESB as a bathroom.

MC- This is the best one so far.I like the layout of the different episode's.The thing most I like about it is the "lord Vader's bath room".It would be cool if the doors are just like the blasts doors on the death star.

-Joey-

InsaneJediGirl
07-08-2003, 10:25 AM
Anyone catch the episode last night(Western Ep.)?I can't believe Justin faked his application to get on.I figured out after he couldnt rewire an eletrical switch that he wasnt for real.

JediTricks
07-09-2003, 04:32 AM
First time I have ever watched the show was that ep. What a clown that guy was, they shoulda had Jesse James and other toughs from the Monster Garage crew come kick his ***.

InsaneJediGirl
07-14-2003, 08:52 PM
I agree,they really need better screenings.This evenings episode(Hollywood House) was almost a disaster as well.That one old cabinet maker needed to call it quits,he was too much trouble.Joe seemed to be the only one working,even if he was a little crazy acting.