PDA

View Full Version : Imperial Forces 4-pack is out!!!!

tagmac
05-31-2003, 07:12 PM
Just picked mine up tonight at a local TRU. They had 3 more left, so either they just put them out, or nobody cares. Looks pretty good, especially the black R2 unit. The AT-ST Driver is definitely new, so this set is worth it. Two new figs, an old Vader, and another Stormtrooper - prolly gonna be the only most worth the $20. No sign of the Bounty Hunters, but since the only new item there is Aurra Sing's swoop, I'm skipping it anyway.

Jayspawn
05-31-2003, 07:17 PM
Thats great. Now all I need is for my TRU to put SOMETHING out!

tagmac
05-31-2003, 07:20 PM
That's about the only new thing I've seen there in months. The 12" are now down to one row, and no sign of the Lando wave. Even the Unleshed selection stinkk - just Padme, Jango, and Maul.

kdp100
05-31-2003, 07:31 PM
Yes, this set has even reached us here in the UK.

One thing to watch, though - the neck-joint on the stormtrooper looks a little flimsy. It was jammed when I first opened the box, and I had to free it with a quick burst of WD-40 spray. Then, later on, I noticed that the neck-peg was showing the first signs of tearing whenever the head was turned.

The head and torso of this figure are from the POTJ sandtrooper, so maybe the absence of the shoulder-pauldron is weakening the head-joint.

Vader's legs are a little weak & wobbly too, but otherwise I'm happy with this set - I think I read somewhere else on this site that the Bounty one will be out later this year.

Sidiously Darth
05-31-2003, 07:57 PM
I saw the 4-pack Friday morning but I passed on it. All these figures are repaints/rehashes of older figures. I was really disappointed with the "new" AT-ST driver. It's just an repainted imp. officer body w/ a new head. The face was really pale. I guess the Empire doesn't get outside much.:rolleyes:

keithfite
05-31-2003, 09:51 PM
Hey, thanks for posting that tagmac. I didnt know it was out. It sounds like some people really like this set and some dont. But I deffinatly want it. If its 3 3/4" star wars figures I dont have, I will have it. I know like sidiously darth said they are repaints and old figures put together. But if its newly released, I want it. and I think the other 2 4 packs look cool too. I really want the hoth one.

Thunderstorm1
05-31-2003, 10:10 PM
Found the new four pack and the new 12" wave this week at my local tru. Not to impressed with the price on the 4-Pack!

DarthChuckMc
05-31-2003, 11:03 PM
$19.99 for 4 figures and extra accesories is not a bad deal. They're all repaints or kitbashed (AT-ST driver), but they are pretty cool. The Vader is excellent, the R4 is another fantastic astromech, the stormtrooper is a great sculpt (POTJ Sandtrooper). The AT-ST driver could've been better, but it isn't any worse than the one we got 5 years ago.

Val Da Car
06-02-2003, 07:27 PM
my TRU's have at least a dozen .....they look like pegwarmers next to the other pegwarmers there..

vulcantouch
06-04-2003, 10:48 PM
in that case yall might wanna check out my trade offer (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=255885#post255885) cuz you never know, we might be able to help each udder out :)
vt

plasticfetish
06-27-2003, 05:49 AM
So ... out of boredom I busted mine open today.

Originally posted by kdp100
The head and torso of this figure are from the POTJ sandtrooper, so maybe the absence of the shoulder-pauldron is weakening the head-joint.
With the pauldron missing there is less support. Yours could have a slightly defective neck ... my trooper had a broken right knee. The plastic at the joint wasn't fully molded and the knee was only half there. Back to the store goes set #1.

Set #2 is better. I'm gonna say right off the top that the production quality on this set is far from perfect. Loose joints, some funky paint and I think they may have used the extra cheap plastic to save a little money. But, for the money I think you get enough. This Vader is probably my favorite mold. The stealth droid is great. The trooper is good, I'm not sure what I'm going to stick in that slot on his back ... and frankly, I'm not sure why they just didn't use the POTF2 battle damage trooper body or simply release this one as a Sandtrooper. How about a white pauldron? Oh well, pencil neck trooper will do. The AT-ST driver is good ... yep, a little pale but a nice use of that body mold. Might have made more sense if he could bend his knees, but ... you know, maybe next time.

So ... $20 well spent I think. Watch out for defective bits (Hasbro's slogan for 2003.) Can't wait to see the Hoth set.