PDA

View Full Version : New Lightsabers

Jek Porky 2002
06-01-2003, 10:00 AM
Hasbro, please can you re-consider the design of lightsabers please!!!

As an opener, I am sick to death of Saga lighsaber blades breaking off their hilt. I never had this problem with the old design that was permanently attached to the hilt, don't get me wrong, I like the burn effect at the bottom of the blade, it's just the little flimsy peg that attaches to the handle that irritates me.

So far I have broken:

Plo Koon
Saesee Tiin
Nikto (Jedi)
Qui-Gon
Ki-Adi Mundi
Darth Maul

I'm not heavy handed with my figures and don't play with them, but if they fall from my shelf or someone brushes past, it doesn't take much for them to snap, sort it out!!!

Anyone with me?

InsaneJediGirl
06-01-2003, 10:26 AM
I agree.Luckly..None have mine have broke...yet.Luminaras wants to but its holding in there.Back in the days of POTF2 I only broke one lightsaber out of all my figures..and thats because I stepped on it.What happened to the plastic used on POTF2 sabers?

jrosen
06-01-2003, 11:14 AM
I like the Lightsabers much better. I like that each Jedi has there own style of lightsaber and not some generic plastic. I also like the fact that the blade comes off the hilt. It makes it much nicer and easier for displays. I would rather have Hasbro worry about making the figures stand by themselves then worrying about the plastic lightsaber. To me, that's much more annoying.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-01-2003, 11:25 AM
Hasbro will replace some weapons, if you call them at 1-800-327-8264 (if you're in America). They used to print this on their boxes, now they don't, even though the number still works. Sometimes though, they don't have a certain part in. Then, you buy another of the figure, take out the good weapon, put in the bad one, and say "This piece broke, I want to return it." Cause it's still being truthful. :D
Now, they are making some of the sabers one piece (SC Anakin, HR Han) and next year they will all be one piece again (but still with the flame effect). :)

Beast
06-01-2003, 11:34 AM
This is why they are going back to one piece lightsabers again, starting later this year. There were to many complaints about broken lightsabsers and they want to please people. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

CloneTrooperMace
06-01-2003, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL
Then, you buy another of the figure, take out the good weapon, put in the bad one, and say "This piece broke, I want to return it." Cause it's still being truthful. :D

Right now,Did the same thing with a playstation cord.Today I'm 15 dallors richer.When you go to return it,go to a cashier that is slow some time they give you more money and some time they don't ask what happened.