PDA

View Full Version : Struck Gold!

tgr3328
06-02-2003, 11:00 AM
I went to my local Walmart before work this morning and struck gold! They had Yoda and Chian, Ashla & Jempa, Aayla Secura, Barriss Offee, Lama Su, Red Battle Droid. It looked like at least two cases had been unpacked!

I couldn't beleive my luck. Two nearby Targets had no basic figures at all. (One didn't even have the empty pegs, there was no space left for basic figures) Does this mean figures are now shipping? Will we see new stuff in the stores?

bobafrett
06-02-2003, 11:02 AM
Very good find! I'm excited that these are starting to show up at retail!

TheDarthVader
06-02-2003, 12:07 PM
Good job. I am looking forward to "striking gold" one day too. The only new ones I have found are padme droid factory, eeth koth, teebo, rebel trooper (red), Tusken raider ambush, and the research droids. Congratulations on the great find!

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
06-02-2003, 12:37 PM
At least you're finding stuff. :happy:

Val Da Car
06-02-2003, 01:19 PM
I am so ticked at retail that I have gone to EE and they have them instock!!!!

at least the non mint ones.

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=NMHS84861M

Case contains
Star Wars Saga / Star Wars Episode II - Attack of the Clones Collection 2 Figure Assortment, Wave 12. Includes 12 action figures: 2x Yoda & Chian - Padawan Lightsaber Training (NEW), 1x Ashla & Jempa - Jedi padawans (NEW), 1x Lama Su - Kamino Prime Minister with clone boy, 2x Barriss Offee - Luminara Unduli's Padawn, 2x Aayla Secura - Twi'lek Jedi Knight, 1x Padme Amidala - Droid Factory Chase, 1x SP-4 & JN-66, 1x Imperial Officer, and 1x Battle Droid - Arena Battle (subject to change).

Brainiak76
06-02-2003, 02:33 PM
me too i hope i strike gold soon too!!

im pretty caught up..thanx to members of another board!

but hopefully its a sign that the drought is over!!!

keith koth
06-02-2003, 03:13 PM
Hell, I'd settle for striking silver...or bronze even! :D

Kidhuman
06-02-2003, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by keith koth
Hell, I'd settle for striking silver...or bronze even! :D

I'll take fools gold right now

Jayspawn
06-02-2003, 08:21 PM
Hopefully by the timne Episode III comes out there will be new figures at my Wal-Marts.

bobafrett
06-02-2003, 11:09 PM
Hopefully by the time Episode III comes out, I will have enough cash to buy the first wave. I think I spent over $400 the first day the Episode II toys were released.

jjreason
06-02-2003, 11:58 PM
Now there's a great story. Congrats tgr, I'd love to experience that some day soon. The best we can do up here in Canada is feel gleeful when our boxes from the US vendors show up at the front door!

Dark Marble
06-03-2003, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by bobafrett
I think I spent over $400 the first day the Episode II toys were released.

:eek: Wow $400, that is not too shabby!! I think I topped off around $140 if even that, and I thought I really went to town. It seems like that was 10 years ago. Hopefully we will be seeing new stuff in stores very soon!!

Droidlover
06-03-2003, 10:58 AM
Well the only gold I wanna find is the new Hoth Han, and I don't even care about card shape.

jedi master sal
06-03-2003, 12:17 PM
I spent $660 on the first day for epii stuff (Sheesh that's more than a months rent and food combined). Were it not for the Imp 4 pack and 12inch AT-ST driver I would not have found anything within the last two months at least.

Congrats on your find.

Good Luck to everone else. It's going to be a frenzy once these things start showing up. I hope we don't hear on the news of some collector throwing a kid to the side in order to get to new stuff.........I know I'm "chomping at the bit" for the new stuff.

I still hold, to my theory, that Hasbro is holding back for a huge summer release to enable kids the chance to get to the stuff too. With them being out of school they'll at the least have more time on they're hands to look for stuff.

(Any thoughts on that?)

SuperBattleDroid88
06-04-2003, 10:04 PM
Congratulations to everyone that has found some 2003 Starwars merchandise! I wish I could... I am at the point where it isn't any fun collecting Star Wars and I'm about to give up... :(
I still have hope though... Something should pop up somewhere. Well anyways, I'm glad others are starting to find them and hope they enjoy these figures. As for me I'll keep the hunt going...