PDA

View Full Version : 12" Keeps CLASSIC Star Wars cool!

Tycho
06-02-2003, 01:01 PM
You know what I was just thinking? Well, how could you, unless I post it, right?

I was thinking that the 12" collection keeps excitement brewing for Classic Star Wars fans.

How?

It's been such a long time ago that we got 3 3/4" figures for:

Dengar
Zuckuss
Imperial Officers
Lando SKiff Guard
ATST Driver
the Max Rebo Band Members
the Gamorrean Guard (another perfect highlight from the POTF2 collection)

so that's all old news to us.

They're even going to re-lease a Target exclusive with the Gamorrean figure rehashed.

BUT WE JUST GOT A FRIGGIN HUGE Gamorrean Guard action figure and an equally accurate proportioned Zuckuss for our 12" Collection!!

How cool is that?!!

12" (and PlaysKool and Unleashed) keep bringing the magic back!

bobafrett
06-03-2003, 12:13 AM
I would have to agree with you Tycho. I do enjoy the classic 12" figures, and the Playskool and Unleashed lines. I hope to be adding new stuff from those 3 areas for years to come.

mini-rock
06-03-2003, 01:35 AM
I must be the only one who isn't impressed with the Gam Guard. I cancelled my preorder about a week ago, and passed him up at the KB in S. Seattle. I hope when Hasbro get's back to EP2 figures it will get me interested again.:)

Tycho
06-03-2003, 02:00 AM
Without 70 names, who do you want?

I think the ones I want the most are some Classic, and some Phantom Menace actually (even with Clones being my favorite movie right now):

12" Lando General
12" Weequay
12" Nikto
12" green Nikto (Klaatu)
12" Max Rebo Band (REALLY HAPPENING)
12" Leia Bespin
12" Endor Rebel Soldier (2 head variants or more)
12" Nien Numb

12" Mara Jade
12" Grand Admiral Thrawn
12" Kir Kanos

12" Momaw Nadon
12" Garindan
12" Lak Sivrak
12" Tessek
12" Ree-Yees
12" Jabba the Hutt of course (with Salacious)
12" Oola

Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru (2pack) "A New Hope"

There's more, but these are my top winners.

Battle Droid on STAP
Senator Palpatine
Chancellor Palpatine
SaeSee Tiin (thank you Lisa Stevens...)
Eeth Koth
Adi Gallia
Even Piel
Yarael Poof
Depa Billaba
Oppo Rancisis
Yaddle
Shaak-Ti
Coleman Trebor
Kit Fisto
Aayla Secura
Bariss Ofee
Luminara Undulli
Republic Gunship Pilot (CloneTrooper)
Pamde black leather
Padme Tatooine (white)
Padme backless peach dress
Padme Pilot
Pamde Senator
Poggle the Lessor
Wat Tambler
Nute Gunray (Episode One style)
Rune Haako
Boba Fett (Episode Two style)
Lama Su and Taun We 2-pack

what did I NOT name?

Tycho
06-03-2003, 02:01 AM
12" Destroyer Droid that really transforms!

mini-rock
06-03-2003, 02:17 AM
Sure you got'em all?;):D

Female Jedi, all I want to see from Hasbro are some frikkin Female Jedi!! Why in the crap it hasn't happened yet is beyond me, but for now nothing (with the exception of Yoda) interests me from the 12" line in the near future. I'll proly pass up Yoda too though. :)

mark2d2
06-03-2003, 04:43 AM
The figures I want most are:

HAMMERHEAD
SNAGGLETOOTH
DURO
FX-7
2-1B

Tycho
06-03-2003, 11:38 AM
[Drooling over the possibilities...] "Those are good choices, too!"

2-1B and FX-7 would make an awesome 2-pack.

Then of course I'd want recovery room Luke & Leia, but we can't even get that for our 3 3/4" figures!

Heck, the 3 3/4" Luke would make a cool figure with 3 attachable arms:

1) normal
2) with the medical accessory from Bespin Defeat Luke
3) with an arm that shows an open bio-mech device in the wrist

Of course, he can't be packed with a lightsaber, but they could give him the green ROTJ one just to make him sell.:rolleyes:

Darth Cruel
06-04-2003, 12:33 AM
I don't care what they make as long as they are done well. Keep the well done action figures coming and we will buy enough to keep the line alive.

Jayspawn
06-04-2003, 01:42 AM
Right on Tycho! I really wanna see a 12" Hammerhead!!

Wampa
06-05-2003, 02:18 PM
A furry Yuzzum might be appealing. I am speaking about the original, not the digital character from the revamped ROTJ.

bobafrett
06-05-2003, 03:22 PM
If I remember correctly, the Yuzzum was digitally created for the SE ROTJ. Am I incorrect? I swear I heard this just the other day when watching the SE interview with Lucas before ROTJ. I thought I heard them say that the Yuzzum was created as a duet partner for Sy.

bobafrett
06-05-2003, 03:24 PM
BTW, I wouldn't mind seeing that figure made into a 12" figure, but there are many other more prominate figures who I would rather see get there day in the sun as a 12" figure before seeing the Yuzzum.

Wampa
06-05-2003, 04:53 PM
This is the original Yuzzum. I do not speak German; but, its the only website with this picture I could find. My preferences are original trilogy aliens, hence my desire for this character.

http://216.127.78.103/~dutch-starwars.com/database/aliens/yuzzum.htm

bobafrett
06-06-2003, 11:53 AM
I see. I didn't know that. Thanks for the reference picture, I will have to go watch the interview a little more closely.

plasticfetish
06-07-2003, 12:27 AM
I like that puppet way better than the cartoon ... errr ... I mean CG version.

Ook
06-07-2003, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by Wampa
This is the original Yuzzum. I do not speak German; but, its the only website with this picture I could find. My preferences are original trilogy aliens, hence my desire for this character.

http://216.127.78.103/~dutch-starwars.com/database/aliens/yuzzum.htm
Damn, that's a great pic! Never seen that shot before. I have seen the puppet before, but I had forgotten about him. So he even had the guitar that Hasbro made but didn't release!

tagmac
06-08-2003, 02:58 AM
Just give me a 12" Ugnaught - that would look sweet!

Turbowars
06-08-2003, 01:13 PM
I totaly disagree. The 12" line is not keeping the OT alive, it's the OT that's keeping the 12" line alive. Look at all the EP2 12" crap that is still on the racks. No one wants a Zam, Mace...... we want OT. I was kind of suprised that there were 10 Gam Guards sitting at KB, the other day. I thought they would fly. IMHO, the price and paint job on the head are whats stopping people. Anyways look whats coming guys! That Scout is going to be near impossible to get at retail. I want at least 2. As long as Hasbro sticks with non human figures the line will be fine. I almost cried when I saw the newish Padme and Annie, they are horrid.

Jaff
06-17-2003, 01:37 PM
Tycho you could not be more correct. If it wasn't for the quality and exciting releases of the 12" I think my interest would have fizzled. However I think they could have made a better assortment than LUKE Jedi (Version 3), and Biker Scout. However the Ewok's look cool. Can't wait for the next wave.

Tycho
06-17-2003, 05:03 PM
I was in Toys R Us today. My theory seemed somewhat supported:

SITTING:

Leia Barbie Disguise w. Piece of Black Cardboard
Mace Windu "These hemorroids hurt"
Zam Wessel "this big - and with Accederin written all over it"
Super Battle Droid "my appendages are not moving...malfunction.."
Anakin "can't take Exlax if you lose your hand"
Padme "I am the Borg"
Imperial Officer "Elvis Presley disguise"

SELLING:

Geonosian Warrior (1 left, and bet you it sells fast!)

SOLD OUT:

Count Dooku
Dengar
Zuckuss

WILL SIT:

Luke Skywalker "don't I resemble something you've already bought?"

WILL SELL:

Bikerscout "I am cool and I know it!"

Ewoks "is anybody hungry for a twinkie with a teddybear? - the best offer"

plasticfetish
06-17-2003, 06:04 PM
Yep, I think that about sums it up. Though, some of your "SITTING" are an OK deal if they get marked down to $10 (SBD and Imperial Elvis).

The more photos I see, the more I think that the new Luke will be one of the ugliest head sculpts yet. I think it will scare children.

gtrain29
06-22-2003, 07:29 PM
Doesn't the new Luke resembe Keanu Reeves? Especially the lower half of his face.

I thought I'd read about some new technology in designing these 12" figures head sculpts,yet, they keep getting worse. I think it is pointless to rehash these figures, but maybe it would work if they didn't look so awful!

anirbas12
06-23-2003, 03:12 AM
Originally posted by Tycho
Without 70 names, who do you want?

I think the ones I want the most are some Classic, and some Phantom Menace actually (even with Clones being my favorite movie right now):

12" Lando General
12" Weequay
12" Nikto
12" green Nikto (Klaatu)
12" Max Rebo Band (REALLY HAPPENING)
12" Leia Bespin
12" Endor Rebel Soldier (2 head variants or more)
12" Nien Numb

12" Mara Jade
12" Grand Admiral Thrawn
12" Kir Kanos

12" Momaw Nadon
12" Garindan
12" Lak Sivrak
12" Tessek
12" Ree-Yees
12" Jabba the Hutt of course (with Salacious)
12" Oola

Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru (2pack) "A New Hope"

There's more, but these are my top winners.

Battle Droid on STAP
Senator Palpatine
Chancellor Palpatine
SaeSee Tiin (thank you Lisa Stevens...)
Eeth Koth
Adi Gallia
Even Piel
Yarael Poof
Depa Billaba
Oppo Rancisis
Yaddle
Shaak-Ti
Coleman Trebor
Kit Fisto
Aayla Secura
Bariss Ofee
Luminara Undulli
Republic Gunship Pilot (CloneTrooper)
Pamde black leather
Padme Tatooine (white)
Padme backless peach dress
Padme Pilot
Pamde Senator
Poggle the Lessor
Wat Tambler
Nute Gunray (Episode One style)
Rune Haako
Boba Fett (Episode Two style)
Lama Su and Taun We 2-pack

what did I NOT name?

How i wish Tycho is working within Hasbro Management.... he have listed my 12" wants quite accurately....hahhahaah.

I'm a huge fan of Star Wars 12" and still going strong in not missing any single one to date.

Jaff
06-26-2003, 12:50 AM
nice list anirbas. Lando in General, and Weequay would be sweet but wheres 2-1B.

I don't think I want to see any expanded universe 12" because the moment they do that they will make less figures directly from the movie to drag on the line. Doing that now would deny us movie figures.

As for episode I and II. I say go back to the classic stuff. Because we must all admit to wanting that more, at least I hope we do!

anirbas12
06-29-2003, 03:01 AM
Besides being a big fan of SW 12"... have been looking for a particular Darth Vader 1/3 Scale for the longest time...

Just to share with you guys some shots of the Reds Inc Vader. I think it is limited to 500 and i have been looking for it since the mid 90s.... a friend of mine found it at one of the antique toy shop in Japan and bought it for me last week. :D

Enjoy.

Reds A (http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/orbitalmonger/vwp?.dir=/Toys/Star+Wars&.src=ph&.dnm=Reds+Inc+A.jpg&.view=t&.done=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/bc/orbitalmonger/lst%3f%26.dir=/Toys/Star%2bWars%26.src=ph%26.view=t)

Reds B (http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/orbitalmonger/vwp?.dir=/Toys/Star+Wars&.dnm=Reds+Inc+B.jpg&.src=ph&.done=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/bc/orbitalmonger/vwp%3f.dir=/Toys/Star%2bWars%26.dnm=Reds%2bInc%2bA.jpg%26.src=ph)

Reds C (http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/orbitalmonger/vwp?.dir=/Toys/Star+Wars&.dnm=Reds+Inc+C.jpg&.src=ph&.done=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/bc/orbitalmonger/vwp%3f.dir=/Toys/Star%2bWars%26.dnm=Reds%2bInc%2bB.jpg%26.src=ph)

Reds D (http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/orbitalmonger/vwp?.dir=/Toys/Star+Wars&.dnm=Reds+Inc+D.jpg&.src=ph&.done=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/bc/orbitalmonger/vwp%3f.dir=/Toys/Star%2bWars%26.dnm=Reds%2bInc%2bC.jpg%26.src=ph)

Tycho
07-01-2003, 03:47 AM
Very nice. That's exactly the pose Vader takes when Admiral Piett is grovelling with him about losing the Falcon!

anirbas12
07-01-2003, 03:55 AM
I realised the community for 12" is not too big in SSG...

is 12" dolls easily available in your vincinity?

In Singapore... the chances of getting regular stocks of all the waves seems not too optimistic.

Tycho
07-01-2003, 04:39 AM
On the shelves collecting dust:

Zam Wessel
Imperial Officer
Super Battle Droid

New but GOING TO collect dust:

Anakin removeable arm
Padme liquorish hair

Selling somewhat well, but still available:

Geonosian Warrior
Gamorrean Guard (KB Toys)
Dengar
Zuckuss

What I wish I could find:

Lando Skiff Guard
AT-ST Driver

anirbas12
07-01-2003, 04:45 AM
On the shelves collecting dust:

Zam Wessel
Imperial Officer
Super Battle Droid

New but GOING TO collect dust:

Anakin removeable arm
Padme liquorish hair

Selling somewhat well, but still available:

Geonosian Warrior
Gamorrean Guard (KB Toys)
Dengar
Zuckuss

What I wish I could find:

Lando Skiff Guard
AT-ST Driver

Any idea what is happening to the Lando Skiff, AT ST Driver and Han Solo wave... no one seems to be able to get any of this wave?

Tycho
07-01-2003, 02:09 PM
They are made, ready to ship in some Hasbro manufacturer's wherehouse, but Target, Walmart, and Toys R Us don't want to buy them because their computer inventories are not running up sales of

Zam
SuperBattleDroid
Imperial Officer
Anakin Wedding
Padme

and there is not room for more 12" figures that don't sell.

There is no human component to the equation either, so don't hide the Zam Wessels. If the computer doesn't show sales, it won't order.

So where's Lando Skiff? Unwanted by the majority of the population according to a computer. :rolleyes:

anirbas12
07-02-2003, 01:20 AM
They are made, ready to ship in some Hasbro manufacturer's wherehouse, but Target, Walmart, and Toys R Us don't want to buy them because their computer inventories are not running up sales of

Zam
SuperBattleDroid
Imperial Officer
Anakin Wedding
Padme

and there is not room for more 12" figures that don't sell.

There is no human component to the equation either, so don't hide the Zam Wessels. If the computer doesn't show sales, it won't order.

So where's Lando Skiff? Unwanted by the majority of the population according to a computer. :rolleyes:

GOSH... hope the stock do not get into the hands of some online sellers who will jack up the prices in a monopolistic fashion... like the PLO KOON.
:dead:

Tycho
07-02-2003, 03:26 AM
I know. Plo Koon's a thorn in my collection right now.

Generally I buy all I need of a figure at initial release.

Thinking they were surely going to make all 12 (to 14) Jedi Council Members, I figured I'd get multiples of the ones I really liked.

I bought 2 Ki-Adi Mundis, since his figure rocked.

I don't think Plo Koon turned out as good. I bought 1, but was hoping that I'd get the chance to buy 2 or more of some future sculpt (Eeth Koth or SaeSee Tiin?) that I'd like more.

I do simple scenes (10 figures or less in each group) so I want to set up:

1) 12" Jedi Council (ok, so 12 figures here)
2) Super Battle Droids fighting a couple Jedi - Ki Adi Mundi & Friend (???)
3) Saved 12" Jedi for E3 scenes, especially if somebody fights Vader!!!

Well, now maybe I should buy a 3rd Ki Adi Mundi, but I think, "Nah...he's not THAT important - I don't need to highlight him in my collection that way, the way I have like 4 Removeable Helmet Vaders for different scenes."

But I only bought 1 Plo Koon :( I thought his face was too long, the mask too light in color instead of a more threatening black, and he looks bigger and badder with a Jedi robe on (I might have loners from some of my E1 12", but they'd be better put to use on my Obi-Wan E2 figure or someone else than Plo Koon).

Anyway, now I'm looking for a 2nd Plo Koon figure. Funds for him are not exactly available considering there's new stuff that I don't even have 1 of coming out for Star Wars, so I may just have to wait on Plo and pay a higher price later. The Fan Club could always surprise us though.