PDA

View Full Version : Scout Trooper 4 pack

badtaste
06-02-2003, 04:37 PM
I just received a letter from brians Toys today wich say's they are taking pre-orders from the scout trooper 4-packs. I didn't know this was coming . Does anyone have some information about it? I hope they'll make them all dirt in differend way's, if not, they will look like, eeh, cloned clones.

corporal AMF
06-02-2003, 06:31 PM
I BELIEVE THEY WILL GIVE US CLONES............. :(

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-03-2003, 10:59 AM
God, at least take them out of that opera-singing pose. :rolleyes: Hopefully these will be clean and not dirty, anyway.

DarthChuckMc
06-03-2003, 05:57 PM
Probably a mix of 2 and 2. Most of the exclusives, sans the 25th Ann. silver stuff, comes out of a different division of HASBRO. The 12" figures come out of the same place. That's why all of the pack in figures are simple repaints, and the vehicles are retooled vintage.

badtaste
06-04-2003, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by DarthChuckMc
Probably a mix of 2 and 2. Most of the exclusives, sans the 25th Ann. silver stuff, comes out of a different division of HASBRO. The 12" figures come out of the same place. That's why all of the pack in figures are simple repaints, and the vehicles are retooled vintage.

What do you mean by, different division,?

Darkross
06-04-2003, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by badtaste
I just received a letter from brians Toys today wich say's they are taking pre-orders from the scout trooper 4-packs. I didn't know this was coming . Does anyone have some information about it? I hope they'll make them all dirt in differend way's, if not, they will look like, eeh, cloned clones.

What do you mean a letter? Newsletter? I get one every week...and I haven't seen this? Can you post of copy of it?

badtaste
06-04-2003, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by Darkross
What do you mean a letter? Newsletter? I get one every week...and I haven't seen this? Can you post of copy of it?

Catalog number 43
the one with Jango on the frontcover
4-pack is on the backcover

I'm trying to post the scan but it doesn't work.
Maybe I can email it to you?

Darkross
06-05-2003, 10:56 AM
OK...

I guess I haven't gotten the mail lately...I should be getting the catalog soon.

Thanks for the heads up!

jjreason
06-05-2003, 02:45 PM
Are they any different from the Scout Troopers we have already? I have a good number of POTJ ones, both clean and dirty, as well as 3 from the Target Accessory packs. Can someone please post in here which Biker Scouts are to be included in this pack?

DarthChuckMc
06-05-2003, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by badtaste
What do you mean by, different division,?

Hasbro has a seperate part of the company that designs and produces items. They are part of Hasbro, but seperate from the "regular" team that produces SW toys. They mostly, not always, take existing SW toys, and produce NEW items using the old. They have "made" all of the exclusive vehicles, the Falcon carry case with Wedge and the Imperial Scanning Trooper, the Detention Block, Death Star Chasm and Carbon Freeze playsets. They're also responsible for the 12" figures.

badtaste
06-05-2003, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by DarthChuckMc
Hasbro has a seperate part of the company that designs and produces items.

Wow, I didn't know, Is there a list of it? very interesting.