PDA

View Full Version : Recovery Room Luke & Leia from Empire Strikes Back!

Tycho
06-03-2003, 11:44 AM
Considering how they want main characters, isn't this about time by now.

Here's my idea for a very nice Luke:

3 interchangeable arms:

a) normal
b) with the medical accessory from Bespin Defeat Luke (2002)
c) with the bio-mech exposed (Terminator hand)

they could pack his GREEN lightsaber in with him, just so he could sell to the kids.

Now isn't interchangeable arms a "neat gimmick" that we all could appreciate?

Leia might be pretty plain: hair up in her ANH Senator's Dress, but whatever.

They should do Lando in smuggler's attire (Han's borrowed clothes no doubt) who's also from that scene.

I'm getting tired of waiting for these figures. How about you?

Dark Marble
06-03-2003, 11:49 AM
Empire has been my favorite Star Wars movie since I was 7 years old! I have been waiting for that Lando to come out forever! And I am still waiting for some type of definitive Luke to be released. 2003/2004 should be the time of the collector, so lets see some figures geared towards us!!

Kidhuman
06-03-2003, 11:50 AM
Oh yeah, tthey sound nice. I like the interchangeable arms. Leia would be just another figure with different hair. BUt the Lando and Luke are worht making.

JEDIpartner
06-03-2003, 11:52 AM
Yeah... that would work for me. I'm in!

sith_killer_99
06-03-2003, 11:59 AM
They should do Lando in smuggler's attire (Han's borrowed clothes no doubt) who's also from that scene.

This one has been talked about to death. I still don't understand why Hasbro hasn't done it yet. They have made every other Lando. :Pirate:

Leia would be just another figure with different hair.

I think Hasbro agrees, it's kinda like "Why bother?" Just look at the re-pack POTF2 "New Likeness" Leia. I still say they should have given us the hood-up Leia from the CommTech line.:mad:

jedi master sal
06-03-2003, 01:22 PM
Shoot, I made a custom of the Lando you guys are talking about. I used a Lando General and a Han (The one with that strange left arm that's bent at the elbow). All, I did was switch the heads and voila, Lando as smuggler (I painted the chest white like a t-shirt) and Han as a General (I painted his hands Black to look like gloves.

Very easy to do and you can find these guys pretty easy at hobby stores, cheap!

jjreason
06-03-2003, 02:15 PM
It should be a window boxed Cinema Scene or Screen Scene, with Luke and R2 in one and 3PO and Leia in the other. Pack in the arms, and maybe some other accessory we can't get otherwise and it'll sell like hotcakes.

Tycho
06-03-2003, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by jedi master sal
Shoot, I made a custom of the Lando you guys are talking about. I used a Lando General and a Han (The one with that strange left arm that's bent at the elbow). All, I did was switch the heads and voila, Lando as smuggler (I painted the chest white like a t-shirt) and Han as a General (I painted his hands Black to look like gloves.

It's nice when the product is perfect and official.

Plus it makes the mass audience recognize your particular favorite character (or favorite character of the moment).

Kidhuman
06-03-2003, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by jjreason
It should be a window boxed Cinema Scene or Screen Scene, with Luke and R2 in one and 3PO and Leia in the other. Pack in the arms, and maybe some other accessory we can't get otherwise and it'll sell like hotcakes.

That is a good idea, but where o where is Lando. They could do that and still give us all the figures from that scene. I like scene specific figures and sets, but I also like individual figures from a scene as well. Give it to us both ways hasbro.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-03-2003, 05:01 PM
I had an extra Bespin Escape Lando, I shouldn't have sold him. Now I want to track one down, and get a Han from the upcoming assortment and do a little switcheroo. :cool:

mark2d2
06-04-2003, 02:06 PM
I think that this Leia figure is long overdue.

Maybe they could do it as a three pack and do some minor tweeking on 2-1B. Give him articulated elbows or something. Maybe a light-up feature? 2-1B is actually a pretty great figure, but they good improve him a hair and I'd totally be stoked.

Plus he was released a long, long, time ago . . . in a toy store, far, far away . . .

jjreason
06-04-2003, 02:50 PM
Yes, a new medical droid would be smart. Isn't the one at the end of the movie a darker grey? They could just issue a new figure out of the same mold in a different colour of they wanted to, but it would be nice to have a finer sculpt on that cool droid.

Mandalorian Candidat
06-04-2003, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by jedi master sal

How do you remove the heads without breaking the neck joints?

sith_killer_99
06-04-2003, 05:07 PM
Boil and pop!

Essentially you boil some water, drop the figure in the water, wait a few seconds(20-30) then pull the figure out. You grab hold of the figure (best to use a towel) and grab the head with a pair of pliars (again, use a towel around the head so as not to leave marks), then pull.

Pop, the head comes right off.;)

Tycho
06-04-2003, 09:36 PM
It's getting it back in another body's head-hole that's the hard part.

I used a match and carefully burned the t-plug to get it soft, then used an ice pick to help poke it into the hole before it cooled and returned to its original too-thick-to-fit shape.

You have to be careful you don't burn any part of the face, or especially the neck, that will be exposed once the figure is finished.

I'd rather wait before paying for 2 figures to make 1, since Hasbro will eventually make this Lando, and then what are you going to do? Not buy it because you made the custom?

Then what's the custom for?

I made a better Endor Raid Han Solo (Saga ROTJ) then Hasbro did, his trench coat is folded over his arm for the Rebel briefing scene (used a heat gun very carefully) so I NEVER bought the Saga one - who needs it, anyway? Right?

But I don't customize what Hasbro will eventually make anyway. If you guys wanted to customize Guri from Shadows of the Empire, I'd more than understand that.

But even for EU figures, I'd hold off customizing a Quinlan Vos, you never know what Hasbro will do.