PDA

View Full Version : Ways to abuse appliances

scruffziller
06-04-2003, 08:29 AM
Garbage Disposal- Grind wood blocks and steak bones in it. Pour grease down it.

Refrigerator- Keep the door open and throw a blanket over it for an air conditioning effect while sleeping under the blanket.

Oven- When it is extra chilly turn on the oven and open the door for extra heat. My parents ruined an oven doing this. I think it is mainly with gas ovens this happens.

Mandalorian Candidat
06-04-2003, 10:42 AM
Blender - Make a gravel smoothie.

Freezer - Use a sharp knife to chip away all the ice.

Microwave - Dry all your wet silverware on high.

Fridge - Be like Homer during a heatwave: open door, pitch tent, burn out motor.

scruffziller
06-04-2003, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by Mandalorian Candidat

Fridge - Be like Homer during a heatwave: open door, pitch tent, burn out motor.

Yea my mom used to tell me President Reagan was going to come and scold me if I left the fridge door open too long.:D

QLD
06-04-2003, 11:59 AM
Once I gave some candy to my vacuum cleaner to lure it down to my basement where I.....

wait....errrr...nevermind.....I must be going now.....

Mandalorian Candidat
06-04-2003, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by scruffziller
Yea my mom used to tell me President Reagan was going to come and scold me if I left the fridge door open too long.:D

"What the #$@% are you doing kid? Trying to air condition the whole neighborhood?" - My Dad

Oooh, another good one...

Air conditioner - Open all windows and doors, turn down to 60, cause rolling blackouts in your neighborhood.

Kidhuman
06-04-2003, 08:33 PM
Microwave....put a piece of plywood oveer it for a bike ramp.

Put tape over the button on the inside of the dryer door for extra heat.

Use the vacuum for your driveway.

JediTricks
06-09-2003, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by scruffziller
Oven- When it is extra chilly turn on the oven and open the door for extra heat. My parents ruined an oven doing this. I think it is mainly with gas ovens this happens. IIRC, this can kill you, it doesn't matter if it's a gas or electric oven, people die from this every year when a cold snap hits a poor neighborhood.

scruffziller
06-09-2003, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by JediTricks
IIRC, this can kill you, it doesn't matter if it's a gas or electric oven, people die from this every year when a cold snap hits a poor neighborhood.

I know my parents never left them on during the night if that is what you think. How would you say that it could kill you if it is an electric and is not really any different than some of those little Coleman heaters?

JediTricks
06-10-2003, 02:51 AM
The oven's heating coils are not the same as a space heater. I don't remember exactly what the problem with the oven's coil was, but even the CDC/NASD cautions against it: http://www.cdc.gov/nasd/docs/d001401-d001500/d001480/d001480.html
It is dangerous.

Jargo
06-10-2003, 08:02 AM
Take an electric drill and randomly drill holes into the wall in the kitchen and hope to find the electric cables. The fizz and pop when you do is very satisfying and the fun of being hurled acrodss the kitchen at seed and the tingle you get down your arm from the electric current is quite envigorating!

Or you could try fixing loose wiring in a plug socket while the electric current is still going through and burn out the socket by fusing it and also get the thrill of a fling across the room.

Or you could get the same effect shoving two metal prongs into the socket and also melt the bones in your fingers and fuse them all together.

Mowing the lawn in the rain with an electric hover mower can be lots of fun too.

Or for a really good thrill you could try carving wood with a hedge trimmer and split the blades and have shards embed themselves into your flesh or possibly take out your eyes.

What a ludicrous thread.