PDA

View Full Version : KB Toys Imperial Shuttle exclusive?

Battle Droid
06-04-2003, 09:56 AM
How much do you guys think it'll cost at KB Toys? Hopefully not like it was at FAO.

Edit: Oh I see it's already available for pre-order at their website for $100.00. (still a little bit to high)

Val Da Car
06-04-2003, 04:02 PM
Don't forget the $15 for the oversized package (by Airborne Express' standards)

EE has the shuttle on pre order for 109 + 12 freight....that is where my order is at...

FAO was too much for me when it came out.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-04-2003, 06:56 PM
Still, now it will be more available. KB is much more abundant than FAO, and not as pricey. So I'm glad it's a KB exclusive. :)

Kidhuman
06-04-2003, 07:32 PM
Maybe I can finally get a shuttle now.

Sidiously Darth
06-04-2003, 11:38 PM
I must say I am not at all surprised by this little move by our beloved Hasbro.

First, let it be known that I do own a Shuttle that I bought from FAO. I used part of my tax refund.

Anyway, for months leading up to FAO supposedly having this as an exclusive, I was not convinced. Hasbro's SW site had nothing on it, nor did the regular SW site. I still didn't buy into this until they actually hit the stores. So instead of ordering one and paying that outrageous shipping charge, I drove down to the store and picked it up... end of story.

Not so fast! Look who has this new exclusive. KB has an Imp. Shuttle and guess what, it's not some freakin' national secret. SW.com has new on it, KB has news & preorder info and it's common knowledge.

So what's my point/grip? Why in the heck couldn't Hasbro or SW.com come clean on this item when it first hit FAO? Why wasn't it just presented to the fans/collectors in a straight-forward fashion? Stop with the smoke & mirrors and tell us what's going on.:rolleyes:

Once again, FAO has proved itself to be a manipulator and a price gouger. And I bought into it... hook, line & part of my tax refund.:crazed:

plo koon 200
06-05-2003, 12:30 AM
I filed against FAO. I will likely win because they claim that it was going to be a limited edition of 5,000 and guess what more than 5,000 have been produced.

JangoFart
06-05-2003, 12:54 AM
Filed what?

J

Bosskman
06-05-2003, 10:09 AM
I bought the FAO one from Brians. Since we don't have FAO OR KB here in in Canada's most despised province (despised by most but not by me) I have no complaints. It might be worth the trip to Bangor ME for a chance to get another one from KB. Im planning on getting three TIE Fighters too. Two and one more for to replace the cockpit of my TIE Interceptor. KB's looking pretty good this year afterall.

seth_quinn
06-05-2003, 10:33 AM
what are you doing PK200? suing them under some sort of false advertising or misrepresentation? keep us updated then, oh I'm sure there are a bunch of us that will be real curious to know how it works out for ya. good luck with all that.

as one of those people that jumped through flaming hoops like a chimp to get this, under the impression that it was to be one of the rarest items ever released and paid a small fortune doing it; I must say that I'm a bit annoyed.

no doubt a few of these will eventually end up on kb-clearance making them affordable to a very few people that would never be able to have one any other way. for them I am beyond ecstatic. money was very tight as a child, so stumbling upon those orange cards, chicken chests and all, was a childhood dream come true. if you tried your damnedest and just couldn't get one before, I'm happy for you as well. as for the rest of you that will finally get one now that they're just $10/20 cheaper, please don't bother so that maybe I'll actually get my truly limited edition item next time. and yes I realize that I've probably just screwed myself out finding any help in getting a silver boba, so be it.

under the original impression we were all given, I was happy with what I paid for mine, but now here we are less than six months removed and they're about to become dime-a-dozen. I have no intention of ever selling my collection and/or have ever looked at it for a single second and thought - man, am I ever going to milk some sorry sob someday for all this stuff. quite frankly I doubt I could ever get 1/4 of the money out that I've put in and I could care less. I collect because I love it and the little things associated with it, the hunt, being part of this community, and I'll admit, I do also like having a few things that make my collection special because not everybody else has them. I take an enormous amount of pride in my collection and for me, a little bragging rights seem to go along with that. if that makes me a bad person, what can I say? sorry, no one's perfect.

Dark Marble
06-05-2003, 11:54 AM
seth_quinn,
I agree that you should be frustrated over this. Everyone wants their collection to be special, and there is nothing like adding a rare piece to a collection to make it stand out. And in the case of the shuttle, it was scarse when it first came out, and it took forever to be rereleased. And from what I understand, people who ordered them from FAO were even suprised to find them on their doorsteps because they sold out so fast. And for the cost everyone should expect that they be a little rare or hard to get.

That said, I am glad the shuttle will turn out to be more common then everyone expected. I am not a big fan of exclusives, and I think that everyone that likes Star Wars should hava a shot at getting a toy like the shuttle. And with the state of collecting today (i.e. everyone doing it) I don't think anyone should be looking at the toys as an investment or something that will appreciate in value. Unless they are original Star Wars toys in original boxes from the 70's and 80's, I think the ship has sailed on Star Wars toys going up in value. I couldn't afford a shuttle when I was a kid, I can barely afford one now, but I am glad that other stores are giving me an option to have this amazing vehicle and save a little cash doing it.

So I see where you are coming from. I don't thing this vehicle should have been represented as scarce or as being one of the rarist toys in the line, and I don't think it should be at thie insane price point it is at. But I also don't believe that it should be rare and that everyone (kids and collectors) shouldn't have a crack at it. I don't think anyone who wants something rare in their collection is a bad person, hey so do I. But when it comes to a vehicle as recognizable and as wanted as the Imperial Shuttle, come on....

seth_quinn
06-05-2003, 01:27 PM
Dark Marble - thanks for your support on some of my points. I too agree with some of yours. I agree that everyone that wants one should be able to get one (of anything) but I think by now that hasbro should have an idea of a production number that would be a little bit of both. make enough that we can all get one but keep the numbers low enough that it can still be a show-piece in a collection. as for the shuttle in particular, I couldn't agree more. the price point was (and still is) a bit rediculous and it should have never been a low production item. "...when it comes to a vehicle as recognizable and as wanted as the Imperial Shuttle, come on...." exactly, I couldn't have said it better.

JEDIpartner
06-05-2003, 02:01 PM
I had a nice little "discussion" with a salesperson at the FAO at Tysons Corners II. I asked what the price was on the last one they had in the display case (it was already assembled). She grumpily replied, "$120! There's nothing wrong with it! We just put it together...! It's an exclusive and there were only 5000 made for us!!!" I told that I understood their position on it but thought that the price would have gone down a little bit considering many collectors would deem the piece "worthless" out of the box. She repeated, "It is an FAO exclusive and the price is still $120!" I thanked her for her time and told her that I would wait and get mine from KBtoys as Hasbro solicited the item to them and they will be selling it for $99 later this summer. She wasn't too mouthy after that. :D

Still... I have no interest in this piece unless it gets to KB's clearance bin. It's still far too costly for such a toy.

TheDarthVader
06-05-2003, 02:20 PM
I have the same problem, jedipartnr. I want this ship bad, but the $99 price tag is STILL too pricey for me. Hopefully, I will get it when KB clearances out the old star wars items. (After having the ship for a while). I will have to keep checking and keep my fingers crossed. :)

jjreason
06-05-2003, 03:41 PM
Again, I reiterate: there should have been more to this toy. If FAO had offered a pack in figure and/or electronics, I would have bought it right off the bat. Because it is a shell w/o figures, I waited and griped and struggled with myself before finally pulling the trigger and buying it. Having it now, I feel it was worth the money.

It would have made this latest revelation more bearable if KB was offered the one we have now (figureless, electronics-less), had we - the earlybird buyers - been granted a sound chip and a couple of figures. That would have worked fine, and maybe even persuaded me into buying another hollow shuttle. As it is, I'm shaking my head over the furor Hasbro and FAO caused about this item when it was first talked about. I do wish I'd waited, that's for sure.

Darth Jax
06-05-2003, 10:04 PM
don't count on finding this item at your local KB. while it'll be available over the website, my guess is due to size and price not many will make it to retail outlets. if it sells like the gunship did, there will probably be a clearance on it. however demand will be much higher than for the gunship so won't be expecting shuttle to make it to clearance stage.

plo koon 200
06-06-2003, 12:10 AM
This is the story. I called FAO. I spoke to a zillion people. I was on hold forever. They tried to tell me that the packaging for the Imp. Shuttle was differnt for their store and that is what made it stand out as an exclusive. I told them the packaging was the same for KB's and I only wanted the $20 difference that they and KB's were charging. They would not comply in any fashion and so I reported them to the Better Business Bureau for false advertisement.

Droidlover
06-06-2003, 03:47 AM
Stick a new R5D4 in it and I would buy it. I do like the Shuttle, but that would be the only way I would shell out that kinda money for it, heck I did it for the Queen's Starship( of course it was on sale for $50 and I turned around and resold it for $40).

kool-aid killer
06-06-2003, 09:22 AM
Im hoping to pick it up now but i will be very surprised if i see it in a local kb due to its size. And if they did stock it at a store how many would they get? I dont think they would have many due to not wanting to get stuck with so many ships that wont sell because they cost $100.

JEDIpartner
06-06-2003, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by Darth Jax
...demand will be much higher than for the gunship so won't be expecting shuttle to make it to clearance stage.

How do you figure?

jedi master sal
06-06-2003, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
How do you figure?

I'd have to agree with Darth Jax, JEDIpartnr.

The Shuttle has been around for a long time and the demand for the toy as well has been around for awhile. The gunship is still relatively new and people can still find it. Noone saw the shuttle at retail (with exception to FAO, which isn't like an every corner or mall kind of store)

I really hate the price tag on this especailly without elcetronics and/or figure pack-in, but I may just break down and by one for that price if I see it at retail.
As much as we say we won't, there will be those of us who just have to inch that much closer to having a complete collection. I kick myself for not getting the Falcon a few years back. That one is going to haunt me for years to come. I won't let that happen to me with the shuttle.

Dark Marble
06-06-2003, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by jedi master sal
[ I kick myself for not getting the Falcon a few years back. That one is going to haunt me for years to come. [/B]

Hey Sal, I still have a POTF2 Falcon in the box. I only opened it to make sure everything was accounted for. If you don't have one and want one for a good price, it is yours! No Star Wars fan should be with out a Falcon!!!

jedi-cpa
06-06-2003, 04:50 PM
hosed again!

kool-aid killer
07-09-2003, 10:07 PM
Ive saved up to buy this thing but am now wondering if i should get it or not. With the money ive saved up i could go to ebay and knock off the y-wing and b-wing from my "to get list." As tempting as that is, im still leaning towards buying what i originally intended to get. Where all can i order it from? Ive seen it on Entertainment Earth but what other sites are offering it? Let me know what you think i should do.

Val Da Car
07-10-2003, 11:28 AM
Ive saved up to buy this thing but am now wondering if i should get it or not. With the money ive saved up i could go to ebay and knock off the y-wing and b-wing from my "to get list." As tempting as that is, im still leaning towards buying what i originally intended to get. Where all can i order it from? Ive seen it on Entertainment Earth but what other sites are offering it? Let me know what you think i should do.

Entertainment Earth has them and is only charging $12 in freight to me in the Midwest (Wisconsin to be more precise) whereas KB is using Airborne Express & Post Office and because of the boxes size there is a surcharge of $15 & whatever freight charge that will be determined.

I personally went with EE as a preorder because they have been good to me in the past.

jedi master sal
07-10-2003, 01:38 PM
Hey Sal, I still have a POTF2 Falcon in the box. I only opened it to make sure everything was accounted for. If you don't have one and want one for a good price, it is yours! No Star Wars fan should be with out a Falcon!!!
Yes, Dark Marble, I would very much like to have a Falcon. Please E-mail me with the specifics. Ie shipping and cost of ship. (I'll take the lowest shipping option. I don't need it here "yesterday". E-mail me at jedisalpitt2002@yahoo.com Thanks in advance.

TheDarthVader
07-10-2003, 02:17 PM
Kool-aid, if you ask me, I think you should wait. We're bound to see it at KB one day. I am not sure when but I have a feeling it will show up. Kinda like those POTF2 AT-AT that showed up...and they were HUGE. This is what I am going to do too! Have patience. Just my opinion.

Val Da Car
07-28-2003, 09:40 PM
Woo HOO...

Imperial shuttle instock.....at EE....

$109

get them while they are hot....

kool-aid killer
07-29-2003, 07:59 AM
So does anybody know if it will be stocked at KBs too or is it only available through the internet? The money i saved up for it i spent most already on other star wars toys so i may have to wait before i can order it from EE.

Val Da Car
07-29-2003, 10:22 AM
The shuttle will be in the larger/high volume stores most likely.

Dark Marble
07-29-2003, 11:57 AM
Seeing as how it was originally an FAO exclusive that EE and KB got, I wouldn't be suprised if it did hit the KB retailers eventually. This has been a strange ship with a strange distribution, so I would not be shocked to see anything at this point. I just got a notice last night that my Shuttle from EE should be here on Thursday. I am impressed to see that it is shipping on time! My crew is ready to go!!

JangoFart
08-02-2003, 01:39 AM
I just got my Shuttle today from EE. First of all, much props to EE as it came as mint as they said it would. Secondly, this sucker is HUGE! I had no idea it would be this big. Of course, I don't open my stuff, so this sucker's got a lot of real estate in my Nerd Nest (tm).

Great box with nice graphics and info. I'm mucho happy.

J

Dark Marble
08-04-2003, 11:44 AM
I got my shuttle on Thursday, and I was also really impressed. Since I don't have anywhere to put it yet, I also left mine in the box. So now that I have my "beat up" looking shuttle, I decided to take my vintage shuttle and paint it gleaming white. Has anyone ever taken a shuttle apart??? Not much to it. And it is easy to see why the wings don't work so well and/or break easily. But I digress, it is a great looking ship that showed up in a mint box!!

Darth Jax
08-05-2003, 08:56 PM
was your box taped in an 'H' fashion (completely covering the seams of the box top)? normally SW vehicles have only small pieces of tape affixing the edges of the box top, but my shuttle is covered with tape. wondering if its already been opened, in which case i may as well display it opened as well.

DarthChuckMc
08-05-2003, 08:59 PM
Both of mine had a piece of tape all the way across the top, and on either side that was folded over on itself.

Darth Jax
08-05-2003, 09:03 PM
Thanx DCMC, now i can leave it in the box as i'd planned

Val Da Car
08-05-2003, 10:16 PM
Nope the H Tape method was on the FAO and EE packaging....

Val Da Car
08-07-2003, 11:24 PM
Shuttle in Stock at KBToys.com

http://www.kbtoys.com/genProduct.html?PID=2360439&ctid=17&ls=toys&_ts=n

Val Da Car
08-11-2003, 07:41 PM
FAVORITE1KB is the code that is good for 20% off,

JediBoulton
09-02-2003, 06:13 PM
FAVORITE1KB is the code that is good for 20% off,

Do you remember how long this code is good for ??

Val Da Car
09-02-2003, 08:38 PM
The code expired on August 30th....

kool-aid killer
09-07-2003, 01:44 PM
My shuttle came in on Friday. The box it came in was huge and the shuttle took up most of it. Havent opened it yet but i can only imagine how awesome it must look once set up among other toys.