PDA

View Full Version : to all Canadian collectors - Please Read

seth_quinn
06-04-2003, 10:42 AM
I've stumbled onto something that may be the answer to our collecting woes.

I can't really say much at this point as the ball on this has just begun to roll, but imagine if you will: a one-of-every-figure club, from a Canadian source, (thus supporting Canadian small business and our economy by keeping your Canadian dollars in Canada) at tax-in prices that rival that of the big three retailers; with a no-fear-of-duty shipping vs wasted time & gas trade off. notably on US cards for you carded collectors out there.

let me encourage you to think about it one more time; I have heard that the next thing hasbro is bringing into Canada is the clone wars army builder 3-packs and one, that right, 1 wave of clone wars figures on tri-logo cards, sometime after September. that's it. anything that hasn't shown up here already, isn't going to, so you can stop looking. given the evidence on store shelves and the fact that hasbro refuses to respond to my phone calls, I am inclined to believe what I have heard.

I personally think that this is an opportunity that we can not let pass by.

here is what I need from all of you to move this to the next step:

are you interested in this opportunity? (even if you are not, please post a reply)
what & how much of it, do you currently buy? (feel free to list more than just sw)
where are you getting it from?
what else would you buy if it was readily available? (again, feel free to list more than just sw)

this is of course open to more than just Canadians so if you live outside Canada, please also state which country you are from.
even with the new found strength of the Canadian dollar, exchange rates are still very favorable, so this could be of benefit to those living outside Canada.

it is sometimes hard to tell who the Canucks are here on the board so if you know of any that have not posted a reply, or anybody else that may be interested, please pm them and direct them to this thread.

sq

mabudonicus
06-04-2003, 11:08 AM
You know me, man, I have gotten real picky in my old age, and can't see wanting enough consecutive figures to do such a thing, but a couple of years ago (when potf2 just started) I would have been all over it.....
I only buy anything real sporadic like.. right now I'm thinking of a Microman "battle of the planets" figure from hlj, it looks pretty sweet.....
The "one of everything" figure sounds like it would be right up a few people's alley(especially with the mega-poor job being done by h-bro), just not a fussy dude like me:)

jjreason
06-04-2003, 01:34 PM
Well, Im kind of set right now, but I do want at least one of every 3.75 figure that comes out - regardless of whether it's basic, deluxe, packed with vehicle or playset, or stuck in an accessory pack or window box w other figures I already have. This is a tough task to complete. My source right now is Kebco, which the jury's still out on. They have over 1000 of my dollars right now, and I haven't seen half of that money turn up on my doorstep just yet.

Im willing to pay about 12-13 bucks for new carded figures shipped, and not much more. If that's in the range, then keep me in the loop because options are always a good thing to have. I'll give you a call here, SQ so you can fill me in a little.

JJR

pegger
06-05-2003, 07:49 AM
I'd be in...but I'm not buying one of every figure any more...not with all the re-packed, re-issued garbage that is coming out now.

Normally I do get my stuff from either Kebco or Yestertoys.....so I would say that if there WAS a Canadian supplier, that had the same time frame around the US suppliers....and no duty, I would definately buy my SW stuff from it.

Darkross
06-05-2003, 11:01 AM
I'm not a one-of-every figure collector...since I only collect the Classic Trilogy and most of the figures that I need have already been released...so I've been playing catch-up for a couple of years now and still have 200 + figures still to buy. Sounds cool though...and I'd support it if I was a one-of-every figure collector.

I buy most of my stuff at Wal-Mart, Toys R Us, or online.

seth_quinn
06-05-2003, 11:54 AM
cool guys, thanks for replying and the input, I'm definitely getting some of the feedback I was looking for.

mabudon and jjr, knowing you as I do, your feedback was pretty much as I'd expected. I pretty much nailed pegger too.

Darkross - with the expected lack of anything hitting the major guys and the rest of 03 & 04 being non-movie years usually geared to collectors. and case assortments as they are, I still think this may still be good for you. where are you buying online?

I guess I actually miss stated it as one-of...
more like anything that's going to be available, will be available. potentially including some exclusives.

sorry for being so vague, I'd just rather wait until a few more pieces fall into place before blabbing too much so that if it doesn't come together I don't look like just a big talker and an actually do-er. you allknow how I like to type, so rest assured, as soon as I have details to share, you'll see them here.

Croaker
06-05-2003, 01:42 PM
I too am not necessarily interested in everything - I mean 30 luke skywakers are enough aren't they?

But I am intersted in getting new figures (new characters that is) and most of them.

These days I also regularly get:
LOTR
Muppets
Star Trek (art asylum)
and random others

Darkross
06-06-2003, 10:43 AM
I've bought stuff from Brianstoys.com and some other private collectors across the country.

DarthBrandon
06-06-2003, 08:41 PM
I realy only buy what I like now and that's not too much, I wish I was still in the one-of-every-figure bracket, but with all the rehashes (i.e. Jango Pilot, Han FTA, Luke, Vader etc) it's really not worth my while. I'm very picky about what I'm buying and not buying right now. If I purchase/Trade something it's usually done with someone on this site or I get it on Evil Bay if the price is right.:D

To answer another question, I buy mostly S.W., MOTU, LOTR and Marvel Legends action figures ( Little guy likes them all too). Everything but S.W. is pretty easy to find.

Sorry I couldn't be of much help, there was alot of things that were supposed to show up in Canada (The sorry about your luck country) that didn't so now I've found some other connections to get what I need.