PDA

View Full Version : Episode III Databank

Pendo
06-05-2003, 11:48 AM
The Episode III Databank is up :)

http://www.starwars.com/databank/ep3.html

Nothing too exciting though, just some confirmations of characters :)

PENDO!

Battle Droid
06-05-2003, 12:00 PM
Rune Haako!?!?! Thank You!

Though no Battle Droids!?!?!?!?!

Dar Basra
06-05-2003, 01:37 PM
Say it ain't so - where's Kit Fisto?

Pendo
06-05-2003, 01:42 PM
It's not a completed list, more names will be added to it at a later date. However there is a news article on Hyperspace that I can't open yet about Jedi who will not be returning, don't know who's in the article yet, but Even Piell is the main image so I'm guessing he's not coming back :(.

Anyone noticed that the Ep3 databank has the Imperial logo, and not the Republic logo like Eps 1 and 2 have :)!

PENDO!

Dar Basra
06-05-2003, 01:59 PM
But Piell wasn't even in Ep. II (was he?), so that's no surprise. They have to bring back Kit ....

Pendo
06-05-2003, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by Dar Basra
But Piell wasn't even in Ep. II (was he?)

Yeah, Piell was seen in the Jedi Council :).

PENDO!

Dar Basra
06-05-2003, 02:11 PM
For the life of me, I don't remember seeing him. But IMDB does list him as appearing in both. Still ... I'll go on record right now as saying that Ep.III will be Star Wars' nadir if it doesn't include Kit Fisto!

plo koon 200
06-06-2003, 12:14 AM
Kit was not on the list of characters who are not returning. Chances are Kit is back.

Dar Basra
06-06-2003, 10:42 AM
Good to hear. Ep. III passes the first test, then!

scruffziller
06-06-2003, 11:21 AM
It sounds from this that Chewie will have a bigger involvement than most of us thought.

Pendo
06-06-2003, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by scruffziller
It sounds from this that Chewie will have a bigger involvement than most of us thought.

I'm unsure about Chewie's appearence. I wouldn't mind him doing stuff with Obi-Wan, in Ep4 it'll just show that Obi-Wan and Chewie were old friends and that's why Chewie's agreed to help him. I really, REALLY hope Chewie doesn't have any contact with Anakin, 3PO or R2 though because it would then not be clear in the OT why he doesn't know them.

PENDO!

Dar Basra
06-06-2003, 11:58 AM
But didn't Ben have to be introduced to Chewbacca in the Mos Eisley cantina by BoShek? And wouldn't it have been more likely, if Ben actually knew him, to have mentioned that to Luke, instead of just saying that "Chewbacca here is first mate on a ship that might suit us". Otherwise, might Ben have said "I don't know the pilot he flies with, but Chewbacca and I go way back ...", or wouldn't Chewbacca have said more during the negotiations with Han? Or wouldn't they have given each other a big bear-hug greeting?

I think it would be best to NOT have Chewie associate with ANY of the characters that appear in the OT (not even Han, if he makes a boyhood appearance as well). To me, it's just as silly as tying Anakin to Tatooine, thereby completely undermining Darth Vader's apparent disregard for the significance of the planet during ANH.

scruffziller
06-06-2003, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by Pendo
I'm unsure about Chewie's appearence. I wouldn't mind him doing stuff with Obi-Wan, in Ep4 it'll just show that Obi-Wan and Chewie were old friends and that's why Chewie's agreed to help him. I really, REALLY hope Chewie doesn't have any contact with Anakin, 3PO or R2 though because it would then not be clear in the OT why he doesn't know them.

PENDO!

The reason I say this is because it lists the 2 races, Neimodian and Wookie!!! That seems pretty important to me if they are listing Wookie as one of the first in the line up. Perhaps we'll see alot more wookies. That would be cool!!!!!!

Pendo
06-07-2003, 05:42 AM
Looks like it's been updated again! Kit Fisto still isn't on the list :(.

PENDO!

plo koon 200
06-12-2003, 08:19 PM
Kit Fisto is in if you read the newest diary and it seems he will do more stunts. Does that mean he will have a larger roel? I think it's a possibility. It was hinted by his large role in EII that he would play at least some part in EIII.

Dar Basra
06-13-2003, 12:13 AM
Excellent. It would be great if he actually got a line as well, but I rather wish it wouldn't be in English. I'd like to hear a Ben Burtt interpretation of a Nautolan-out-of-water.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-16-2003, 12:56 PM
I wonder what happened to Rune Haako? I thought Nute had got rid of him! But he's still cool. :cool:

It's good to see that many characters are returning, and we can rule out that the exploding gunship killed some important Jedi. :)

The 'Xir
06-18-2003, 03:14 AM
Bultar Swan? Sweeeet I hope she has a slightly bigger role in EpIII, she's cute! ;)

karinations
06-22-2003, 11:58 PM
I would join Hyperspace but i guess im too stupid to join.
I have tried to become a member of the regular site many many times.
Usually they e-mail me the password and when i try it it doesn't work.
After giving it 4 or 5 more shots i say UNcle UNcle! Ok ok i won't join and just give up.
I decided i wanted Hyperspace and tried to join again.
I couldn't get past the member form.
I tried 17 times(i counted)and they kept sending me back saying somehting else was wrong.
It got down to my screen name as the last problem.
It seemed as if any name i put in was rejected and after making my screen name hughydheiun and it coming back "im sorry that screen name is already taken, we have suggested a variation (hughydheniun35) for you.
Upon taking their suggestion it was still rejected.
At this point i gave up.
Between Hasrbo and now Star Wars.com not wanting my money im going to have to start buying real estate with the extra cash.
My money is no good with these people,i don't get it.
It must be a sign from the gods of common sense.
-V-

http://www.citizenv.com

plo koon 200
06-24-2003, 01:42 AM
Just common sense.

Pendo
07-27-2003, 06:54 AM
Looks like the databank is updated again. Tatooine's now on the list, and some more caracters and species :).

http://www.starwars.com/databank/ep3.html

PENDO!

Jargo
07-27-2003, 08:06 AM
If ben and Chewie know each other from old when they meet in the cantina, let's not forget that Chewie would be an imperial fugitive if he was involved in a rebellion of some sort. Ben says to han he doesn't want any Imperial entanglements and Chewie looks pensive and shifty. I think ben and Chewie knowing each other makes sense. Chewie doesn't want to make himself conspicuous either and being a warrior he's not likely to go all mushy at the sight of a guy who lead his people into confrontation with the dark forces is he? They seem quite pally in the cantina when they're whispering to each other and when ben explains to luke that Chewbacca knows a pilot he's talking to an idiot blabbermouth farmboy, he's not going to go telling the kid about all the involvement he and Chewie had way back.
Chewie and other Wookiees will doubtless feature a fair bit in EPIII, can't wait.

Kit Fisto is in the movie because there's been shots of him sitting in the make up chair having his mask seen to. Is Zak Jensen (is that the guys name?) still playing him I wonder...

Pendo
10-12-2003, 09:14 AM
StarWars.com's databank now has a new design. IMHO I think I prefered the old version, it didn't look as messy.

http://www.starwars.com/databank/

The new design will take a bit of getting used to, it's a little harder to navigate.

PENDO!

darthzirock
11-07-2003, 02:51 AM
Oh, sure, Kit Fisto is now listed in the E3 Databank, but where's Aayla Secura? C'mon, you mean to tell me she doesn't survive the Clone Wars? Now, that would truly stink! :frus:

TheDarthVader
11-07-2003, 04:53 PM
Secura has got to be in Ep3. She is sexy and hot!

darthzirock
11-08-2003, 02:08 PM
Secura has got to be in Ep3. She is sexy and hot!

Aye, she's a fiery Jedi wench--even if she is an icy blue color! However, I get the feeling that Aayla's going to be a no-show in E3. Amy Allen's not in the cast list at IMDb.com, and the character's still not in the E3 Databank at StarWars.com (Episode III Databank Entries (http://www.starwars.com/databank/appearance/ep3.html)). I'm betting she gets offed at some point during the Clone Wars, either in a novel or the comics (since it doesn't look like she's in the cartoon series at all). Too bad, because I'd have loved another action figure of her!