PDA

View Full Version : Padme's secrets.

Jedi Clint
06-05-2003, 01:34 PM
From Dark Horizons -

Star Wars: Episode III: The latest SW Homing Beacon newsletter talked with designer Ian McCaig about the last prequel and the guy has spoiled a bit about the plot:

McCraig also alked a bit about designing Amidala's costumes this time around: "In Episode I, she was the Queen, and she was wearing disguises. I once said she should be able to slip out of the back of the costume, and you’d never know she was gone. Ironically, in this one, she’s back to wearing disguises. As well as now hiding this marriage to a Jedi, which is not allowed, she has to hide the fact that she’s going to have babies. All of the costumes had to disguise these facts". Thanks to 'JHBlade'.

It seems that they CAN keep it a secret.......but it will destroy them :)

Will she tell Anakin what her baggy costumes conceal? I think not.

plo koon 200
06-06-2003, 12:22 AM
What he means is they wont be baggy but be dresses that have a lot of "stuff" like her E1 senate dress for example.

Brainiak76
06-06-2003, 07:19 PM
this will be very interesting to see!! all her outfits in ep2 were pretty tight and you could always see her stomach!! i wonder how she can play this off by concealing babies..i guess will just have to wait and see..

mini-rock
06-06-2003, 09:38 PM
I wouldn't call this a "spoiler" since we all know she will be pregnant in EP3. Still good to see new news coming in though.:)

plo koon 200
06-11-2003, 09:01 PM
In a way this sucks because we won't get a nice fire scene outfit to gawk at for thirty seconds when Anakin is pointlessly rambling on.

plo koon 200
06-11-2003, 09:02 PM
The next question is, besides Anakin, who may Padme be keeping her pregnancy from. It sounds like some Jedi and even Palpatine may be aware.

hango fett
06-12-2003, 11:23 AM
i think that padme' will tell obi-wan (well, that's pretty obvious) and yoda. i can't wait to see how they hide this...it's not an easy thing to do...but maybe she won't be full term at the begging and get bigger throught the movie..all we can do is wait...........
h

Rogue II
06-12-2003, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by plo koon 200
The next question is, besides Anakin, who may Padme be keeping her pregnancy from. It sounds like some Jedi and even Palpatine may be aware.

You would think that the Jedi who come in contact with Padme would be able to detect the kids presence with the Force. At least Mace, Yoda, and Obi-Wan will know of the pregnancy, possibly even the entire Jedi Council.

I don't see this film taking place over several months because none of the other 5 films did. They can hide the pregnancy with clothing. Also, not all women get huge while they are pregnant. A friend of my wife only gained a little over 20 lbs with their last kid. Granted, Padme is carrying twins, so who knows.

hango fett
06-12-2003, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by Rogue II
Also, not all women get huge while they are pregnant. A friend of my wife only gained a little over 20 lbs with their last kid. Granted, Padme is carrying twins, so who knows.

true. a girl at my school only gained about 15. i don't really think the whole council will know, just mace, yoda and obi-wan. i just can't wait to find out for sure....but this is so much fun speculating and stuff, ain't it!
h

mini-rock
06-12-2003, 04:02 PM
Well, what's the average poundage of twins? 4lbs? Luke & Leia together would make about 8. I was 9lbs, and my wife was 9lbs 14oz. Looking at the pics of my mom, and hers when they were 8 & 9 months they didn't look that big at all. Padme is so tiny too, and the clothes I'm sure will hide it well.

Jedi Clint
06-12-2003, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by hango fett
i just can't wait to find out for sure....but this is so much fun speculating and stuff, ain't it!
h

Indeed!