PDA

View Full Version : Got my R5D2 in the mail today

Droidlover
06-05-2003, 02:21 PM
I broke down and ordered him off E-bay. I bent over to get him, but he is worth the price. It looks this figure is mostly new. Head is, and the body at least looks like a retooled mold, what with the blaster marks. Now why cannot Hasbro give us a regular R5, or even better R5D4? They went through all this trouble for a figure that would see a very limited release.

kdp100
06-07-2003, 08:34 AM
Received mine in the mail today, as well. The "blaster-damage" is more than a few simple markings - it's molded into the figure, so the body of this astromech is more than a simple repaint.
It looks substantially different from the POTF2 R5, though, and I'm sure most people will think it's an improvement.

My G2-9T is a straight repaint of G2-4T, though - with light-blue "cuffs", "toenails", head and backpack where 4T's are red.

mark2d2
06-19-2003, 06:59 PM
Got him today.
He is one sweet little figure.
Definitely among of the best Astro droids out there.

I'm undecided about the Blaster Damage.
It sure does give R5 a lot of personality.
But customizers will be bummed.

DarthChuckMc
06-19-2003, 08:39 PM
Me too. I live 20 minutes from WDW, and I'll be darned if I'm shelling out $60 to walk into MGM Studios to buy a SW figure. For what it would have cost me in gas and time in tourist traffic, it was worth the extra $5 than what it retails for. I have a second set of wave 3 plus an extra SK-Z38 coming soon. I stil haven't decided whether or not I want to spring for the Starspeeder.

mark2d2
06-20-2003, 01:47 AM
If anybody is interested in this figure, I penned a very thorough write-up on the little guy over in the review section. Please check it out.

DarthChuckMC --- supposedly you can do a "free shopping pass" where they give you an hour to run in and grab the figures. You might want to check it out in the future.

krisvds
06-20-2003, 01:11 PM
good review !!