PDA

View Full Version : Chewbacca picture

Pendo
06-06-2003, 04:23 AM
Anyone know if this pic from StarWars.com is a concept drawing of Chewie in Episode III, or is it a picture of him from some EU story?

PENDO!

scruffziller
06-06-2003, 08:50 AM
Whoah Pendo I didn't know you ventured into these waters.

2-1B
06-06-2003, 08:52 AM
My guess is that it is from an EU comic . . .

Pendo
06-06-2003, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by scruffziller
Whoah Pendo I din't know you ventured into these waters.

I don't, but I've been discussing the Episode III Hyperspace news because I don't consider official info to be a spoiler, but it is considered a spoiler in the No Spoilers section. I still know nothing about the plot :).

PENDO!

plo koon 200
06-06-2003, 11:30 AM
At first, Pendo, I thought it to be EU. But, upon further investigation I have not been able to 100% pin it to any EU source. I'd say there's an 80-90% chance that picture is an early EIII concept drawing. Perhaps, fo Alderaan or Kashyakk. Please forgive my spelling of the planets. If forgot how to spell them.

plo koon 200
06-06-2003, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by Pendo
I don't, but I've been discussing the Episode III Hyperspace news because I don't consider official info to be a spoiler, but it is considered a spoiler in the No Spoilers section. I still know nothing about the plot :).

PENDO!

Me too Pendo. I wish I knew something but most of the tidbits don't add up yet.

Pendo
06-06-2003, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by plo koon 200
At first, Pendo, I thought it to be EU. But, upon further investigation I have not been able to 100% pin it to any EU source. I'd say there's an 80-90% chance that picture is an early EIII concept drawing. Perhaps, fo Alderaan or Kashyakk. Please forgive my spelling of the planets. If forgot how to spell them.

If it IS from Episode III, then I wonder what that staff is that he is carying...

PENDO!

Dar Basra
06-06-2003, 12:59 PM
The staff looks a bit ceremonial. It looks like he's swinging from a vine, which I believe accords with GL's earliest visions of the Wookie homeworld, and the setting for the land battle against the Imperial Forces in ROTJ. Perhaps this is just one of those earlier drawings, before the wookies were shrunk down into Ewoks.

Or maybe it's something totally new that happens on Kashyyyk.

The 'Xir
06-08-2003, 10:22 PM
Wasn't there a secondary storyline that was developed from the comic adaption of 'Shadows of the Empire'? Not the Sote adaption itself, but another story that was created to take place either before or after the events of SotE(Oh, and not the Guri, storyline either, something else) I think this drawing might be from that, I just haven't been in the mood to digout my old comics from around the time of the SotE release to prove it or not!

Two reasons, why I don't think it's Concept work for EpIII, is usually concept drawings are pencils(black and white), and if anything is done in color, it's usually a painting and not in cartoon form! But, I guess ya never know!

plo koon 200
06-08-2003, 11:01 PM
The lost McQuarrie